PDA

View Full Version : Russia Investigation Heating Up

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

ClydeR
07-21-2017, 09:16 AM
I have some advice for Trump on the Mueller investigation. The main thing you should do is stop acting guilty. Just be President and stop obsessing over the investigation.

It appears that Trump will not follow that advice. All signs point to a coming storm.

The spokesperson for Trump's legal team abruptly resigned yesterday.

Mark Corallo, the spokesman, had grown frustrated with the operation and the warring factions and lawyers, these people said. Corallo also was concerned about whether he was being told the truth about various matters, one of these people said.

Corallo has been close to special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the Russia investigation, and has praised him publicly. He didn't like the strategy to attack his credibility, one person who spoke to him said.

More... (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/20/spokesman-for-trumps-legal-team-resigns-just-two-months-after-starting-240783)

Trump Jr. and Manafort are scheduled to testify publicly before a Senate investigative committee next week. Senator Grassley is concerned that they may not show up. If they're smart, they won't show up. Testifying would be Crazy with a capital C.

(CNN)Senate judiciary committee Chairman Chuck Grassley threatened Thursday to subpoena both Donald Trump Jr. and Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort if they do not appear before his committee for a scheduled appearance next week.

Trump Jr. and Manafort are scheduled to testify before the Senate judiciary committee on July 26, the panel announced Wednesday, but neither Manafort nor Trump Jr. have publicly confirmed if they will appear.

More... (http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/subpoenas-donald-trump-jr-paul-manafort/index.html)

Trump's team is preparing to discredit Mueller. Trump cannot fire Mueller directly. He would have to fire Sessions and get Sessions' successor to remove Mueller. As we all know from the NYT interview, Trump has laid the groundwork for removing Sessions.

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

Trump’s legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller’s investigation.

More... (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-lawyers-seek-to-undercut-muellers-russia-investigation/2017/07/20/232ebf2c-6d71-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html)

cwolff
07-21-2017, 09:29 AM
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/888386288646225920

Here's an interesting tweet thread about the differences between Starr's investigation and Mueller's. Good to have the reference handy.

SHAFT
07-21-2017, 09:33 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/6E8E3052-C7FE-45F1-8CA3-BF7A8F6A0B6F.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/shaft4783/media/6E8E3052-C7FE-45F1-8CA3-BF7A8F6A0B6F.jpg.html)

cwolff
07-21-2017, 09:33 AM
I have some advice for Trump on the Mueller investigation. The main thing you should do is stop acting guilty. Just be President and stop obsessing over the investigation.

It appears that Trump will not follow that advice. All signs point to a coming storm.

The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.

time4fun
07-21-2017, 09:44 AM
At this point, does anyone here actually think Trump is totally innocent? The constant, glaring lies, the non-stop attacks on the media/Mueller/Intelligence Community, the attempts to scale back Russian sanctions/appointment of people friendly with the Russians to key positions/endless praise for Putin/zeal with which his campaign jumped on Russia's offer to help them win after swearing for months that such a program never existed/the decade or so of strong financial ties to Russia and its Oligarchs/the attacks on NATO... Dear God I could keep going for pages with stuff.

Does anyone have any other explanation for all of this aside from collusion and cover up?

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 09:48 AM
The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.

Until both sides start holding their own accountable this is going to happen. Look at what happened last year when a witness flubbed congress and ignored a subpoena to appear and testify, Democrats on the Oversight Committee couldn't even pretend to give a fuck because gotta protect your own.

time4fun
07-21-2017, 09:55 AM
Until both sides start holding their own accountable this is going to happen. Look at what happened last year when a witness flubbed congress and ignored a subpoena to appear and testify, Democrats on the Oversight Committee couldn't even pretend to give a fuck because gotta protect your own.

Are you kidding me? Bryan Pagliano? He ignored a HOUSE request, and the House Oversight Committee was run by the GOP at that time. If that subpeona wasn't enforced, you can blame Chaffetz, not the Democrats.

Also, you're neglecting to mention that he had immunity from the FBI already. There was no actual point in bringing him in. And that Clinton publicly pleased with him to cooperate.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

cwolff
07-21-2017, 09:55 AM

This shit is fucked up and he's President. He's only been President for 6 months. This constant attempt to compare it to "both sides" is cowardly. At some point you have to stand up and be counted.

Wrathbringer
07-21-2017, 09:56 AM
At this point, does anyone here actually think Trump is totally innocent? The constant, glaring lies, the non-stop attacks on the media/Mueller/Intelligence Community, the attempts to scale back Russian sanctions/appointment of people friendly with the Russians to key positions/endless praise for Putin/zeal with which his campaign jumped on Russia's offer to help them win after swearing for months that such a program never existed/the decade or so of strong financial ties to Russia and its Oligarchs/the attacks on NATO... Dear God I could keep going for pages with stuff.

Does anyone have any other explanation for all of this aside from collusion and cover up?

I believe he's totally innocent. We've seen no evidence to support any other finding. You're just retarded.

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Are you kidding me? Bryan Pagliano? He ignored a HOUSE request, and the House Oversight Committee was run by the GOP at that time. If that subpeona wasn't enforced, you can blame Chaffetz, not the Democrats.

Also, you're neglecting to mention that he had immunity from the FBI already. There was no actual point in bringing him in.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Thank you for proving my point.

time4fun
07-21-2017, 10:00 AM
This shit is fucked up and he's President. He's only been President for 6 months. This constant attempt to compare it to "both sides" is cowardly. At some point you have to stand up and be counted.

PK can't NOT talk about Clinton. Seriously, go back an look at how often he brings Clinton up when talking about Trump.

It's just...lame.

time4fun
07-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Thank you for proving my point.

You haven't had a point in 6 months. And your point before that was wrong.

Neveragain
07-21-2017, 10:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBP522x0xI

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 10:06 AM
PK can't NOT talk about Clinton. Seriously, go back an look at how often he brings Clinton up when talking about Trump.

It's just...lame.

How many posts on Clinton did I make and spam the PC with?
How many posts on Trump have you made?

exactly

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 10:08 AM

This isn't about comparison it's about recognition. You partisan fucks are so obsessed about the other party being wrong that you openly ignore what your party is doing, even when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/005/553/Centipedes.jpg

cwolff
07-21-2017, 10:11 AM
This isn't about comparison it's about recognition. You partisan fucks are so obsessed about the other party being wrong that you openly ignore what your party is doing, even when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

It's not my party. How many fucking times do we have to tell you get out of this binary us vs. them mindset. It colors every judgement you make and it's wrong.

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 10:20 AM
It's not my party. How many fucking times do we have to tell you get out of this binary us vs. them mindset. It colors every judgement you make and it's wrong.

And yet here you are acting like a partisan fuck just like t4f.

cwolff
07-21-2017, 10:23 AM
And yet here you are acting like a partisan fuck just like t4f.

Here I am pointing out obvious dangers to the Republic. It's not Partisan. It's American.

Savageheart
07-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Cwolff and T4F they will keep bringing up Clinton because, for the most part they imagine themselves good people, who act responsibly.

Clinton was the reason for Trump, therefor all negatives Trump as wrought are fruit of the poison tree that was Hillary Clinton.

They remain good people, and their minds require that justification.

It's not even wrong to think that, it's how most people are wired. You cannot change the foundation of a belief without tearing down the house, and I don't think PK or our more conservative friends are there yet.

cwolff
07-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Cwolff and T4F they will keep bringing up Clinton because, for the most part they imagine themselves good people, who act responsibly.

Clinton was the reason for Trump, therefor all negatives Trump as wrought are fruit of the poison tree that was Hillary Clinton.

They remain good people, and their minds require that justification.

It's not even wrong to think that, it's how most people are wired. You cannot change the foundation of a belief without tearing down the house, and I don't think PK or our more conservative friends are there yet.

Ya you're right of course. As long as they can point the finger somewhere else they can breathe easy that they don't have to do any real thinking.

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Ya you're right of course. As long as they can point the finger somewhere else they can breathe easy that they don't have to do any real thinking.

There aren't enough face palm memes to cover this idiocy.

cwolff
07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
The "follow the money" (https://www.vox.com/2017/7/18/15983910/donald-trump-russia-putin-natalia-veselnitskaya-collusion) angle

Seva Gunitsky
We don't know that Trump was involved in any way with that. Obviously, it's kind of his wheelhouse, New York City real estate, so I am sure he at least heard about it. But we don't know if he has any direct connections.
But it's not even necessary for him to have any direct connections here. They're only asking for some relief in this case, in return for certain compromising documents. So the interesting thing for me is, was there pressure placed on the U.S. Attorney's Office by the administration, by the Department of Justice? What we know is that Preet Bharara, the attorney in charge of the case, was fired in early March, and shortly thereafter the Prevezon case was dropped.
Sean Illing
And we still have no explanation about this?
Seva Gunitsky
Not as a far as I know. They had been ready to prosecute, witnesses were flown in, it was all set to go, and it was settled rather unexpectedly. So I think this is a case that hasn't really entered the public consciousness yet. But I'm sure that [special counsel Robert] Mueller's team is looking at it.

Savageheart
07-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it, after a fashion, but it puts the blame for it not on them but on the conduct of previous administration, and the flawed & failed candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

At a minimum we have a thing called 'the rule of law' which until recent years always held up. The above statement does not mesh with the rule of law, it does not mesh with general or specific ethics at all.

I'm not going into whether or what Trump is guilty of as I await the findings of Mueller most of which is fairly leak free until Trump himself mentions it in an interview.

It doesn't even feel like you're defending Trump so much as further condemning Clinton. I'm ok with that I guess, I'm not a fan; but it does not absolve the current administration/congress of their current activities

tyrant-201
07-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it, after a fashion, but it puts the blame for it not on them but on the conduct of previous administration, and the flawed & failed candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

At a minimum we have a thing called 'the rule of law' which until recent years always held up. The above statement does not mesh with the rule of law, it does not mesh with general or specific ethics at all.

I'm not going into whether or what Trump is guilty of as I await the findings of Mueller most of which is fairly leak free until Trump himself mentions it in an interview.

It doesn't even feel like you're defending Trump so much as further condemning Clinton. I'm ok with that I guess, I'm not a fan; but it does not absolve the current administration/congress of their current activities

Trump won, get over it!

Androidpk
07-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it

Let me stop you right there with a giant go fuck yourself. I've stated from the very beginning that I'm against Trump and everything he stands for.

Savageheart
07-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Let me stop you right there with a giant go fuck yourself. I've stated from the very beginning that I'm against Trump and everything he stands for.

So I can go fuck myself with your agreement. Thanks! :wubsmiley:

Tgo01
07-21-2017, 07:27 PM
It's funny watching the board Democrats attack pk and label him a conservative. The man who backed BERNIE SANDERS of all people during the election.

Let me go laugh for a few minutes before I get some yummy McDonald's.

Latrinsorm
07-21-2017, 07:28 PM
The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.Don't be so sure. I read an interesting quote the other day regarding the healthcare fiasco:

"There is only one dynamic that is different from this year and past GOP struggles to repeal Obamacare and that is President Donald Trump," said Doug Heye, a former communications director at the Republican National Committee. "Throughout this process, he has essentially stayed on the sidelines, instead of using his enormous influence with his base to push the bill forward and increase its popularity."

We're not seeing massive swings against the President, but Republicans are laying the groundwork for the eventual disavowal. 'We coulda did healthcare except TRUMP!' 'We coulda done taxes but TRUMP!' I mean, as many people on this very board have pointed out, the Democrats' entire platform is 'Trump bad!' and it is wildly effective for them. It won't be that hard to convince the populist base that the whole GOP got tricked by the New York billionaire. We're not talking about Eisenhower here, Trump has called himself a Republican for about ten minutes and has never adhered to party orthodoxy.

Back
07-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Don't be so sure. I read an interesting quote the other day regarding the healthcare fiasco:

"There is only one dynamic that is different from this year and past GOP struggles to repeal Obamacare and that is President Donald Trump," said Doug Heye, a former communications director at the Republican National Committee. "Throughout this process, he has essentially stayed on the sidelines, instead of using his enormous influence with his base to push the bill forward and increase its popularity."

We're not seeing massive swings against the President, but Republicans are laying the groundwork for the eventual disavowal. 'We coulda did healthcare except TRUMP!' 'We coulda done taxes but TRUMP!' I mean, as many people on this very board have pointed out, the Democrats' entire platform is 'Trump bad!' and it is wildly effective for them. It won't be that hard to convince the populist base that the whole GOP got tricked by the New York billionaire. We're not talking about Eisenhower here, Trump has called himself a Republican for about ten minutes and has never adhered to party orthodoxy.

Truth, brother.

One thing republicans are good at. Making lemonade out of lemons. How they accepted and now back Trump is only self serving. Like you said they will blame all their failures on Trump and kick his ass to the curb.

SHAFT
07-21-2017, 08:38 PM
It's funny watching the board Democrats attack pk and label him a conservative. The man who backed BERNIE SANDERS of all people during the election.

Let me go laugh for a few minutes before I get some yummy McDonald's.

Wow, the crook backs another crook! It was love at first sight for PK.

ClydeR
07-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Trump is still making critical remarks about Sessions. It appears Trump wants Sessions to resign but does not want to ask for Sessions' resignation. Sessions is smart enough to know that. From this morning..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFgGZboVwAEUsQO.jpg

And about Republicans generally. From yesterday..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFciqTuUwAA7ZZZ.jpg

cwolff
07-24-2017, 10:04 AM
I love that. He's calling out Sessions as beleaguered when, he's the one fucking with the guy. Any sense of truth has exited the WH a long time ago. Still can't believe that Americans are totally cool with that.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Kushner released his formal statement about the campaign meeting with representatives of the Russian government offering to support their campaign:

In June 2016, my brother-in-law, Donald Trump Jr. asked if I was free to stop by a meeting on June 9 at 3:00 p.m. The campaign was headquartered in the same building as his office in Trump Tower, and it was common for each of us to swing by the other’s meetings when requested. He eventually sent me his own email changing the time of the meeting to 4:00 p.m. That email was on top of a long back and forth that I did not read at the time. As I did with most emails when I was working remotely, I quickly reviewed on my iPhone the relevant message that the meeting would occur at 4:00 PM at his office. Documents confirm my memory that this was calendared as “Meeting: Don Jr.| Jared Kushner.” No one else was mentioned.

I arrived at the meeting a little late. When I got there, the person who has since been identified as a Russian attorney was talking about the issue of a ban on U.S. adoptions of Russian children. I had no idea why that topic was being raised and quickly determined that my time was not well-spent at this meeting. Reviewing emails recently confirmed my memory that the meeting was a waste of our time and that, in looking for a polite way to leave and get back to my work, I actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after I had been there for ten or so minutes and wrote “Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get out of meeting.”

I had not met the attorney before the meeting nor spoken with her since. I thought nothing more of this short meeting until it came to my attention recently. I did not read or recall this email exchange before it was shown to me by my lawyers when reviewing documents for submission to the committees. No part of the meeting I attended included anything about the campaign, there was no follow up to the meeting that I am aware of, I do not recall how many people were there (or their names), and I have no knowledge of any documents being offered or accepted. Finally, after seeing the email, I disclosed this meeting prior to it being reported in the press on a supplement to my security clearance form, even if that was not required as meeting the definitions of the form.

Picture a Bus.

Now picture Donald Trump Jr under it.

A few notes:

1) He never acknowledges whether or not he read the original email that clearly states the purpose of this meeting

2) He states the meeting was Don Jr | Jared Kushner as though anyone would have put "Russian Government Collusion Exploration Meeting". (Also, anyone here who has joint calendars at work knows that you don't have multiple calendar entries for the same meeting- you can't book the same room twice at the same time)

3) He is very clear about arriving late- giving plausible deniability. "By the time I got there- they had stopped talking about collusion!" He mentions it was "about adoption"- but EVERYONE in that room knew full well that "adoption" meant "sanctions". It's a weak defense at best.

4) I 100% believe that he emailed his assistant asking to get out of the meeting. That doesn't mean he did so because he thought it wasn't worth his time. He may very well have recognized what was going on and wanted nothing linking him to it.

5) Lots of "I don't recall/not aware of"- which is standard liability limiting language. It's easy to read into that language, but any half-way decent lawyer is going to make sure that's used- no matter what.

6) Kushner misrepresents this meeting and his candor. He was required to put this on his forms, and he left it out originally. He doesn't get brownie points for fixing his forms once the Russia invesatigation started moving his way.

Ultimately, this statement requires us to simultaneously believe that this meeting was so important that it required 8 people (including Trump's son and son-in-law as well as his campaign manager), but it was so unimportant that no one would have possibly talked about what was in that original email to anyone else.

Playing that game also lands them in very hot water in regards to the parts of the email chain that clearly indicate there is a Russian government plan to actively support their campaign. There is literally no way that anyone who was hearing that for the first time WOULDN'T go running to the top levels of the campaign to discuss it (and the FBI if they were decent Americans) It's not a small thing. The only way you can construe that as not noteworthy is if the campaign already knew.

Either way- not good.

cwolff
07-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Right! He ran that little fucker right the hell over.

We should take a moment to recall Comey insisting on a public hearing and he was under oath.

Emailing the assistant is interesting to me. Has he provided that email by the way? I have to assume it exists and is verifiable or he wouldn't bring it up. I find it interesting that someone has to email to get a call to excuse himself from a meeting. He could just look at his phone and say, "wow, I just got a text from my assistant and I'll have to excuse myself".

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Picture a Bus.

Now picture Donald Trump Jr under it.

Uh, what? What he said was pretty much the story we have so far from everyone involved.

What the fuck are you talking about?

1) He never acknowledges whether or not he read the original email that clearly states the purpose of this meeting

What? He said at the time he didn't read it.

2) He states the meeting was Don Jr | Jared Kushner as though anyone would have put "Russian Government Collusion Exploration Meeting".

Then again people don't typically leave a paper trail such as this if they are doing something they know is against the law, but why bring any sort of logic or reason into this?

"Hey should we make a note of that illegal meeting we have tomorrow that we are trying to keep super secret?"

"Yeah, go ahead and put both of our names on it too and the time and place!"

3) He is very clear about arriving late- giving plausible deniability. "By the time I got there- they had stopped talking about collusion!"

Wait wait, maybe I haven't been keeping up on this story as much as you have, but do we now know "OMG COLLUSION!" was discussed, or is this just yet more bullshit you are pulling directly out of your asshole? Yet again, this seems to be in line with what we have been told; that Russian adoption was discussed at the meeting. What the fuck are you even going on about? I seriously wonder about your mental health sometimes.

4) I 100% believe that he emailed his assistant asking to get out of the meeting. That doesn't mean he did so because he thought it wasn't worth his time. He may very well have recognized what was going on and wanted nothing linking him to it.

"Oh shit! They discussing something super illegal in here! Instead of leaving right away I'm going to email my assistant (yet again leaving more paper trails), ask her to call me, and wait around for god knows how long before she reads the email and call me to give me an excuse to leave." Does this sound even remotely reasonable to you?

5) Lots of "I don't recall/not aware of"- which is standard liability limiting language.

It's also the language of a very busy man (I know you like to view the entire Trump family as a bunch of spoiled rotten kids who lounge around all day watching TV, but grow the fuck up) who probably had upwards of a dozen different meetings a day every day around this time and it happened, what, over a year ago now? How much detail can you remember of a meeting you had over a year ago about something you were apparently so disinterested in that you had to email your assistant and have her call you to give you an excuse to leave?

The continued Trump butt hurt is among the top funniest things I have ever witnessed in my life.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Right! He ran that little fucker right the hell over.

We should take a moment to recall Comey insisting on a public hearing and he was under oath.

Oh there's very real strategy here. Neither Trump Jr nor Kushner are going to be testifying under oath in public. But the partner in the organization that ordered the dossier will be.

Congressional Republicans don't want the Kushner/Trump testimony being reported on. Instead, they'll ask a LOT of critical questions about the dossier this week in hopes of the weekly narrative being about how unreliable the dossier is.

cwolff
07-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Oh there's very real strategy here. Neither Trump Jr nor Kushner are going to be testifying under oath in public. But the partner in the organization that ordered the dossier will be.

Congressional Republicans don't want the Kushner/Trump testimony being reported on. Instead, they'll ask a LOT of critical questions about the dossier this week in hopes of the weekly narrative being about how unreliable the dossier is.

I speculated that it's a self incrimination thing. If they get hung up on charges outside of this proceeding their lawyers can say that they weren't under oath and not to use the transcript. They'd risk running afoul of laws relating to lying to congress but it'd be the best case out of a bad situation.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 11:44 AM
I speculated that it's a self incrimination thing. If they get hung up on charges outside of this proceeding their lawyers can say that they weren't under oath and not to use the transcript. They'd risk running afoul of laws relating to lying to congress but it'd be the best case out of a bad situation.

Yes, that's also a big part of it.

The whole thing was also a deal struck to get Manafort and Trump Jr to turn over extra documents- which is insane. Congress has subpeona power. They don't need to "cut deals" to get the documents they need for an investigation.

Wrathbringer
07-24-2017, 11:45 AM

The whole thing was also a deal struck to get Manafort and Trump Jr to turn over extra documents- which is insane. Congress has subpeona power. They don't need to "cut deals" to get the documents they need for an investigation.

No one cares. Fake news.

cwolff
07-24-2017, 11:47 AM

I know. It's disappointing to say the least. I suppose this is the fastest way to get documents. The three could put up a legal fight and make a hash of it all, but still it's disappointing. Especially after this exchange:

“And you have nothing to hide,” Fox News host Sean Hannity told Trump Jr. during an interview that aired Tuesday night. “That means you'll testify under oath, all of that?"

“All of it,” Trump Jr. responded.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 11:57 AM
I know. It's disappointing to say the least. I suppose this is the fastest way to get documents. The three could put up a legal fight and make a hash of it all, but still it's disappointing. Especially after this exchange:

So the interesting thing about Congressional subpeonas is that you can't really fight them with lawyers- though of course everyone tries. It's the whole separation of powers thing- the Judiciary won't really intervene unless there's some seriously aggregious abuse of power going on, and there just aren't many functional limits when they're within the purview of their investigatory responsibilities (which is any oversight into the Executive and anything related to legislation- both of which are intentionally SUPER broad). And, of course, the Executive has no ability to regulate Congressional oversight into their own branch.

So it actually would have been faster and more effective to issue a subpeona. In Congress's defense- they do generally try to ask first and subpeona only when necessary. But in a case like this- there are very good reasons to be firm.

cwolff
07-24-2017, 12:06 PM
So the interesting thing about Congressional subpeonas is that you can't really fight them with lawyers- though of course everyone tries. It's the whole separation of powers thing- the Judiciary won't really intervene unless there's some seriously aggregious abuse of power going on, and there just aren't many functional limits when they're within the purview of their investigatory responsibilities (which is any oversight into the Executive and anything related to legislation- both of which are intentionally SUPER broad). And, of course, the Executive has no ability to regulate Congressional oversight into their own branch.

So it actually would have been faster and more effective to issue a subpeona. In Congress's defense- they do generally try to ask first and subpeona only when necessary. But in a case like this- there are very good reasons to be firm.

And these guys are first going to be interviewed by congressional staff then possibly later a full senate hearing but that's not set in stone. Maybe this is a good way to do it. I'm hopeful.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 01:40 PM
And these guys are first going to be interviewed by congressional staff then possibly later a full senate hearing but that's not set in stone. Maybe this is a good way to do it. I'm hopeful.

Yeah, we'll see. Calling myself out here- it's VERY easy to be incredibly frustrated with Congressional Republicans for refusing to take this investigation as seriously as it needs to be (and, you know, at least as seriously as the dozen or so investigations into Clinton), but they're stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

Trump and the media outlets that back him are busy spreading as much confusion and disinformation about the Russia election meddling (and subsequent investigations into it) as possible among the Republican base. That means Republicans in Congress who want to do the right thing here risk losing their jobs when their electorate decides they're wrong for attacking the President. At the same time, it's pretty clear at this point that they're not chasing nothing- there are some peope who are going to go down in flames from the Mueller investigation (very possibly the President himself), and if they stand by him too much- and come across as traitors to their own country- he'll drag them down with him.

During the 2016 campaign, a journalist remarked that the big question here wasn't whether the GOP could survive a Trump loss- it was whether they could survive a Trump win. That turned out to be rather prescient.

Neveragain
07-24-2017, 01:48 PM
During the 2016 campaign, a journalist remarked that the big question here wasn't whether the GOP could survive a Trump loss- it was whether they could survive a Trump win. That turned out to be rather prescient.

DNC as of June 2017: -3.3 million dollars in funds

RNC June 2017: 13.5 million in donations

Doing my best to help you with your delusions. I really do care.

hello
07-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah, we'll see. Calling myself out here- it's VERY easy to be incredibly frustrated with Congressional Republicans for refusing to take this investigation as seriously as it needs to be (and, you know, at least as seriously as the dozen or so investigations into Clinton), but they're stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

Trump and the media outlets that back him are busy spreading as much confusion and disinformation about the Russia election meddling (and subsequent investigations into it) as possible among the Republican base. That means Republicans in Congress who want to do the right thing here risk losing their jobs when their electorate decides they're wrong for attacking the President. At the same time, it's pretty clear at this point that they're not chasing nothing- there are some peope who are going to go down in flames from the Mueller investigation (very possibly the President himself), and if they stand by him too much- and come across as traitors to their own country- he'll drag them down with him.

Frankly it's not going to matter.

The thing you're not getting about Democrats is that liberals (most) just don't give a shit. They work at minimum some 9-5 white collar job make decent money and their lives are chugging along. It's the exact opposite for conservatives; they are usually under-educated, work brutal blue collar jobs, and slowly see their lives being drained from them. There is no vacation time, no latte time at Starbucks to ruminate about the latest gossip, no going sailing in Boca. They are the 21st century version of slaves and if someone told you that some orange goblin can make everything better wouldn't you be glued to your seat attentive about that person and the process he's involved with. Hence Repubs have this immovable iron base... meanwhile liberals just don't feel it enough to care much.

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 02:00 PM

Says the Democrat, who many Americans think the only message they have is "Impeach Trump!"

Yeah, I'm sure some middle class family whose breadwinner just lost their job is looking towards the Democrats and their "message" to help them come the next election.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Frankly it's not going to matter.

The thing you're not getting about Democrats is that liberals (most) just don't give a shit. They work at minimum some 9-5 white collar job make decent money and their lives are chugging along. It's the exact opposite for conservatives; they are usually under-educated, work brutal blue collar jobs, and slowly see their lives being drained from them. There is no vacation time, no latte time at Starbucks to ruminate about the latest gossip, no going sailing in Boca. They are the 21st century version of slaves and if someone told you that some orange goblin can make everything better wouldn't you be glued to your seat attentive about that person and the process he's involved with. Hence Repubs have this immovable iron base... meanwhile liberals just don't feel it enough to care much.

Polling suggests otherwise.

One of my favorite polls is Economist/YouGov because they provide the cross-tabs on EVERYTHING. It's a fascinating way to dig in deep on the way demographics color interpretation. This is from the last one (https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/tkeqcl9vz3/econTabReport.pdf):

How concerned are you about improper relations between the Trump administration and Russia?
Overall-
Very/Somewhat: 55%
Not Very/Not At All: 35%
Not Sure: 11%

Democrats:
Very/Somewhat: 82%
Not Very/Not At All: 10%
Not Sure: 8%

Republicans:
Very/Somewhat: 29%
Not Very/Not At All: 62%
Not Sure: 8%

Independents:
Very/Somewhat: 49%
Not Very/Not At All: 36%
Not Sure: 14%

So if you look, it's really Republicans who don't care. Democrats and Independents do care. And PPP's recent polling (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_71817.pdf) finds that Trump voters are among the most woefully misinformed about the entire Russia situation, which would help explain how nonplussed they are. More of them believe Russia was actively working to help Clinton than Trump, and only about a quarter of them even want an investigation to go on into Trump's campaign. Political orientation does affect how you perceive the Russia/Trump collusion issue, but it's not that Democrats don't care. It's that Republicans don't care (and don't seem to be very well informed).

You did get me interested in this from an income perspective though. Maybe it turns out that lower income brackets don't care about this stuff (regardless of political affiliation). So I checked it out:

Under 50k-
Very/Somewhat: 53%
Not very/Not At All: 34%
Not Sure: 13%

50k-100k-
Very/Somewhat: 59%
Not Very/Not At All: 36%
Not Sure: 5%

100k+-
Very/Somewhat: 54%
Not Very/Not At All: 39%
Not Sure: 7%

It actually turns out that income has a statistically significant impact, but it's a very low impact. The number of people who do care is apparently parabolic (seems more like standard deviation though), and if anything, the people who make more are more likely to say they don't care than the people who make less.

I honestly hadn't given this piece much thought, but it was super interesting to see.

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 02:18 PM
One of my favorite polls is Economist/YouGov

You just unironically said you like YouGov polls.

Might as well just pack up the internet now, boys. We just done peaked.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 02:20 PM
You just unironically said you like YouGov polls.

Might as well just pack up the internet now, boys. We just done peaked.

I...don't have words for how bizarre this statement was.

Have you ever thought about doing research into the things you say before you say them?

hello
07-24-2017, 02:30 PM

Have you ever thought about doing research into the things you say before you say them?

Conservatives like tgo are good people but somewhat simple in their outlook about the world. Look at his avatar; a dog reading a magazine, it's cute and even endearing, something someone who has an almost child-like intrepretation of the world would use. Perhaps it's due to fear, he's lack of knowledge; like the proverbial cave primitive first seeing fire, so he recedes back to the familiar of his childhood; "dogs acting silly can't hurt me" says the conservative mind... not like liberals, black people, and "fake news." Just let it be, let them lash out, they're scared is all.

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 02:34 PM

I sure do, and in this case it's because YouGov is one of the more laughable polling companies I'm aware of.

Shit just look at their 2016 polls.

They had Trump winning Ohio by a mere 1 point, he won by almost 8 points.

They had NC going to Hillary by 3 points, Trump won by almost 4.

They also had Hillary winning WI (4 points) and PA (2), and you know how those went.

I wouldn't trust YouGov to properly poll what I'm going to have for lunch tomorrow even if I send them an email outlining exactly what I'm going to have for lunch.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Conservatives like tgo are good people but somewhat simple in their outlook about the world. Look at his avatar; a dog reading a magazine, it's cute and even endearing, something someone who has an almost child-like intrepretation of the world would use. Perhaps it's due to fear, he's lack of knowledge; like the proverbial cave primitive first seeing fire, so he recedes back to the familiar of his childhood; "dogs acting silly can't hurt me" says the conservative mind... not like liberals, black people, and "fake news." Just let it be, let them lash out, they're scared is all.

Do we help them by letting them drown in factless interpretations of the world around them? I ask that very seriously. Because increasingly the forces that create a Tgo are affecting all of us in unhealthy ways.

Mainstream conservative media has this formula they use- lots of fear-based messaging (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-roger-ailes-built-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525) ("The gays! The immigrants! Black riots! They're all coming for you and your children!") but also an increasingly unhealthy lack of regard for facts and truth- and particularly the institutions that provide them. The narrative on the right is increasingly unnerving:

-You can't trust "mainstream media" (says the #1 news network on cable): CNN is "liberal", WaPo is "fake news"...the only "objective" reporting comes from outlets with an obvious conservative bias
-You can't trust the CBC- the gold standard in nonpartisan legislative analysis
-You can't trust Mueller
-You can't trust the Intelligence Agencies
-You can't trust FACT CHECKING sites
-You can't trust EDUCATION (http://www.people-press.org/2017/07/10/sharp-partisan-divisions-in-views-of-national-institutions/1_3-16/)

"You can only trust us. Give us your loyalty...and ratings"

I get how that creates an army of Tgos (though I know plenty of conservatives who are well-informed and well-reasoned), but there is sort of that overarching question: given how big an impact this has on our ability to function as a country....can we really afford to just leave it alone? Doesn't that just put us all back in our respective bubbles with no ability to challenge inaccurate narratives with facts? Does that then leave US vulnerable to our own inaccurate narratives?

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Do we help them by letting them drown in factless interpretations of the world around them?

You are now taking seriously a post from someone the entire forum recognizes as a troll.

You might want to seek some professional help, this incessant need to be taken seriously by anyone shows that perhaps you feel trapped, a feeling that you aren't in control of your life.

Dr. Tgo01 is here to help.

Wrathbringer
07-24-2017, 02:56 PM
derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpityderpderpder pderpderpderpityderp.

You're profoundly retarded.

Ashliana
07-24-2017, 03:17 PM
You're profoundly retarded.

You desperately need some new vocabulary. Every day, multiple times a day.

Wrathbringer's "retarded" count:

7/24 - 3 times
7/23 - 2 times
7/21 - 3 times
7/20 - 4 times
7/19 - 3 times
7/18 - 3 times

Please consult a psychiatrist. Or at the very least, a thesaurus.

Wrathbringer
07-24-2017, 03:19 PM

7/24 - 3 times
7/23 - 2 times
7/21 - 3 times
7/20 - 4 times
7/19 - 3 times
7/18 - 3 times

lol @ your rep

eta: You're retarded.

Ashliana
07-24-2017, 03:22 PM
lol @ your rep

eta: You're retarded.

http://finder.psychiatry.org/

Seek help soon.

time4fun
07-24-2017, 06:18 PM

7/24 - 3 times
7/23 - 2 times
7/21 - 3 times
7/20 - 4 times
7/19 - 3 times
7/18 - 3 times

That's a pretty embarrasing count for an adult.

That's actually a pretty embarrasing count for a child.

Wrathbringer
07-24-2017, 06:21 PM
That's a pretty embarrasing count for an adult.

That's actually a pretty embarrasing count for a child.

You're retarded. Learn to spell embarrassing, retard.

Latrinsorm
07-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Wait wait, maybe I haven't been keeping up on this story as much as you have, but do we now know "OMG COLLUSION!" was discussed, or is this just yet more bullshit you are pulling directly out of your asshole? Yet again, this seems to be in line with what we have been told; that Russian adoption was discussed at the meeting. What the fuck are you even going on about? I seriously wonder about your mental health sometimes.According to the letter of the law, and I know how much you love the letter of the law, it is a crime for Donald Trump Jr. to have even solicited the thing of value in connection with a Federal election from a foreign national.
They had Trump winning Ohio by a mere 1 point, he won by almost 8 points.You had Ohio going to Clinton. Sounds like you should have listened to YouGov after all.

Tgo01
07-24-2017, 10:30 PM
You had Ohio going to Clinton.

And I don't expect anyone to take my predictions seriously, so good job at the self own?

ClydeR
07-25-2017, 09:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFksgxKUQAEd6D-.jpg

You'd think Sessions could take a hint.

Trump should appoint Mooch as the new AG.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFkuzJ0VwAAmWw_.jpg

cwolff
07-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Oh ya. Mooch is setting himself up to run the whole white house. He won't be the new AG in title but he'll play one on tv.

BTW: His crack at McCabe isn't getting much play in the news, but I would believe the FBI are seeing this shit and it motivates them.

time4fun
07-25-2017, 09:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFksgxKUQAEd6D-.jpg

You'd think Sessions could take a hint.

Trump should appoint Mooch as the new AG.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFkuzJ0VwAAmWw_.jpg

Oh he can. He also knows exactly what Trump is doing- trying to set the stage so he can fire or otherwise interfere with Mueller.

He wants Sessions to resign during the Senate recess (or right before) so he can appoint someone he can control without the Senate interfering.

It's surreal. I can't believe I'm watching my President try to manipulate the system to worm his way out of an investigation.

This is what corruption looks like.

cwolff
07-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Oh he can. He also knows exactly what Trump is doing- trying to set the stage so he can fire or otherwise interfere with Mueller.

He wants Sessions to resign during the Senate recess (or right before) so he can appoint someone he can control without the Senate interfering.

It's surreal. I can't believe I'm watching my President try to manipulate the system to worm his way out of an investigation.

It's hard to believe that the integrity of the Executive Branch rests with this weasel. I would say that he HAS to quit. Serve at the pleasure of the President and all that, but I also think Sessions will be stubborn. Won't be surprised if he sticks it out until he sees on CNN that the White House is announcing his termination.

Fortybox
07-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Wow...at least you acknowledge he is your President.

Very hypocritical if you voted for Hillary. That woman is very corrupt.

Wrathbringer
07-25-2017, 09:42 AM

lol youre retarded

time4fun
07-25-2017, 09:47 AM
It's hard to believe that the integrity of the Executive Branch rests with this weasel. I would say that he HAS to quit. Serve at the pleasure of the President and all that, but I also think Sessions will be stubborn. Won't be surprised if he sticks it out until he sees on CNN that the White House is announcing his termination.

I'm hoping Sessions is going to stay so he can keep Trump from ending the investigation.

I don't think Trump will fire Sessions. He's working overtime to get Sessions to quit on his own volition for a reason. Firing him right after firing Comey would be risky. If he doesn't manage to squash Mueller's investigation afterwards, he will have sealed the obstruction charges.

cwolff
07-25-2017, 10:02 AM
I see some reporting that the Senate Judiciary Committee has issued a subpoena now for Manafort to testify in public on Wednesday

time4fun
07-25-2017, 10:11 AM
I see some reporting that the Senate Judiciary Committee has issued a subpoena now for Manafort to testify in public on Wednesday

I can't help but wonder if Manafort is going to be found dead from "suicide" before this is all over. Putin does not like loose strings.

cwolff
07-25-2017, 10:20 AM
I can't help but wonder if Manafort is going to be found dead from "suicide" before this is all over. Putin does not like loose strings.

Right. At least he's so public. Helps keep him safe. LOL

Graham on trump and Sessions attached. I do hope these guys get busy standing for something more than cheap political wins.

Methais
07-25-2017, 11:51 AM

This isn't a Hillary case.

I'm glad I could help you clear up your confusion.

ClydeR
07-25-2017, 05:11 PM
In an interview with the WSJ today, Trump blasted Sessions again.

Mr. Sessions’s endorsement came at a rally in Alabama, one of the biggest of the campaign.

“When they say he endorsed me, I went to Alabama,” Mr. Trump said on Tuesday, recalling the endorsement. “I had 40,000 people. He was a senator from Alabama. I won the state by a lot, massive numbers. A lot of the states I won by massive numbers. But he was a senator, he looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, ’What do I have to lose?’ And he endorsed me. So it’s not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement. But I’m very disappointed in Jeff Sessions.”

More... (https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wont-say-if-he-will-fire-attorney-general-sessions-1501010025)

That's not how I remember the endorsement. I remember Sessions taking a risk by giving Trump credibility with the Republican establishment at a time when Trump desperately needed it. Do I have selective memory or does Trump?

time4fun
07-25-2017, 05:25 PM
In an interview with the WSJ today, Trump blasted Sessions again.

That's not how I remember the endorsement. I remember Sessions taking a risk by giving Trump credibility with the Republican establishment at a time when Trump desperately needed it. Do I have selective memory or does Trump?

Trump does. You're correct. Sessions was the only member of Congress to support Trump at one point, if I recall correctly.

But this has nothing to do with Sessions, and we all know it. Trump is terrified of what Mueller is going to find, and he's trying to shut the investigation down as quickly as possible. Sessions is standing in the way of that.

Going after Sessions is dangerous ground- which tells you just how scared Trump is right now.

hello
07-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Trump does. You're correct. Sessions was the only member of Congress to support Trump at one point, if I recall correctly.

But this has nothing to do with Sessions, and we all know it. Trump is terrified of what Mueller is going to find, and he's trying to shut the investigation down as quickly as possible. Sessions is standing in the way of that.

Going after Sessions is dangerous ground- which tells you just how scared Trump is right now.

I wonder when we'll get the full picture, the complete web of deceit, corruption, illicit money, and political favors.... ultimately the agenda as well. Probably never? or decades from now when it doesn't matter?

time4fun
07-25-2017, 05:36 PM
I wonder when we'll get the full picture, the complete web of deceit, corruption, illicit money, and political favors.... ultimately the agenda as well. Probably never? or decades from now when it doesn't matter?

If he gets in the way of Mueller's investigation, we may never. Congress, as long as it's controlled by the GOP, isn't going to look *too* deeply into things.

If not...I mean, one of the standouts in this whole scandal is how incredibly bad Trump and his campaign are at hiding things. Trump himself acts like a homing beacon for his own corruption. "Oh if he looks at my finances, that'd be too far, and I'd fire him!"- i.e. "Whatever you do, don't forget to look at my finances". Or "We didn't have a single instance of contact with anyone affiliated with the Russian government!" i.e. "Oh we had hundreds of meetings and interactions, I hope you find them all".

I honestly think he figured that once he was President, he would be immune to consequences. That they all would be. So it doesn't appear as though they ever really bothered to get their coverup in ship shape.

ClydeR
07-26-2017, 09:59 AM
I don't understand why Trump doesn't just fire Sessions. At this point, it seems like Session's resignation would be the same as being fired.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqnT-mUMAA-DT-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqodHpUIAA2UWT.jpg

time4fun
07-26-2017, 10:03 AM
I don't understand why Trump doesn't just fire Sessions. At this point, it seems like Session's resignation would be the same as being fired.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqnT-mUMAA-DT-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFqodHpUIAA2UWT.jpg

Wow.

He thinks he's avoiding obstruction charges by getting Sessions to resign.

He's not. He really is desperate though. I don't think there is any precedent for this in Modern US political history (anyone able to confirm?) He's going to spend the rest of his life in jail if he keeps this up.

cwolff
07-26-2017, 10:18 AM
I can't believe the president of the United States is attacking the FBI

time4fun
07-26-2017, 10:50 AM

It's not the first time.

It's not even the second time.

He attacked the FBI when they signed on to the Intelligence Report clearly stating Russia intefered with our elections, he attacked the FBI when he tried to get Comey to give a loyalty pledge and to back off of a legitimate investigation to help spare the President, he attacked the FBI when he fired Comey for refusing to bend to the President, and now he's attacking the entire Justice Department- one inconveniently placed official at a time.

He turned on the Republican party during the campaign, and I remember saying that the way he was treating the GOP was the way we could expect him to treat the country as President.

And...well, the rest is history.

time4fun
07-26-2017, 11:11 AM
For those out there who keep maintaining Russia didn't meddle in our elections-

The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing (http://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-2?adkey=bn) on the meddling (and how to do with people who fail to register as foreign agents), and the GOP members are very clearly stating that they know Russia meddled and how.

Parkbandit
07-26-2017, 04:50 PM

I know.. the President of the United States has never attacked anyone in law enforcement.. ever.

Well, except the last President of the United States... but that doesn't count.

Parkbandit
07-26-2017, 04:51 PM
It's not the first time.

It's not even the second time.

He attacked the FBI when they signed on to the Intelligence Report clearly stating Russia intefered with our elections, he attacked the FBI when he tried to get Comey to give a loyalty pledge and to back off of a legitimate investigation to help spare the President, he attacked the FBI when he fired Comey for refusing to bend to the President, and now he's attacking the entire Justice Department- one inconveniently placed official at a time.

He turned on the Republican party during the campaign, and I remember saying that the way he was treating the GOP was the way we could expect him to treat the country as President.

And...well, the rest is history.

You forgot the part where he beat the pantsuit off your girl Hillary.

That's my favorite part.

Parkbandit
07-26-2017, 04:52 PM

The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing (http://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-2?adkey=bn) on the meddling (and how to do with people who fail to register as foreign agents), and the GOP members are very clearly stating that they know Russia meddled and how.

It's never been about meddling.. the points of contention were that Russia meddling cost Hillary the Presidency.. and that Trump was colluding with Russia.

Back
07-26-2017, 05:36 PM

Not to mention the new sanctions bill that just passed by an almost unanimous bipartisan vote to punish Russia for meddling in our election.

Wrathbringer
07-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Not to mention the new sanctions bill that just passed by an almost unanimous bipartisan vote to punish Russia for meddling in our election.

Trump won you lost. Get over it.

time4fun
07-26-2017, 06:03 PM

And a bipartisan acknowleedgement that Trump cannot be trusted when it comes to Russian sanctions.

That itself is extremely telling.

Parkbandit
07-26-2017, 07:34 PM
I hope Trump vetos it.. JUST to hear time4fun declare that this was proof he colluded with Russia.

Methais
07-26-2017, 07:40 PM
You forgot the part where he beat the pantsuit off your girl Hillary.

That's my favorite part.

She's never been so scared in her life.

time4fun
07-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Oh look, the Trump administration nominated (http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/brian-benczkowski-confirmation-hearing/index.html) a former member of their campaign who immediately afterwards started representing Alfa Bank (giant Russian bank with huge ties to Putin and with suspicious electronic ties (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/fbi-investigation-continues-into-odd-computer-link-between-russian-bank-and-trump-organization/index.html)to the Trump campaign) to head all criminal matters at the department of Justice.

Funny how many people (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/trump-russia/?utm_term=.dc792064d822)with strong ties to Russia end up in high level positions in his administration.

And, of course, unsurprisingly Trump is talking about recess appointments to replace Sessions (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-talks-privately-about-the-idea-of-a-recess-appointment-to-replace-sessions/2017/07/26/2a347d32-723c-11e7-9eac-d56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.bf3dc4d0fac8). It's almost like he's frantically turning up the pressure in hopes that Sessions resigns right before- or during- the August Congressional recess.

But yes, it's all a made up scandal.

Obviously.

Back
07-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Oh look, the Trump administration nominated (http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/brian-benczkowski-confirmation-hearing/index.html) a former member of their campaign who immediately afterwards started representing Alfa Bank (giant Russian bank with huge ties to Putin and with suspicious electronic ties (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/fbi-investigation-continues-into-odd-computer-link-between-russian-bank-and-trump-organization/index.html)to the Trump campaign) to head all criminal matters at the department of Justice.

Funny how many people (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/trump-russia/?utm_term=.dc792064d822)with strong ties to Russia end up in high level positions in his administration.

And, of course, unsurprisingly Trump is talking about recess appointments to replace Sessions (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-talks-privately-about-the-idea-of-a-recess-appointment-to-replace-sessions/2017/07/26/2a347d32-723c-11e7-9eac-d56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.bf3dc4d0fac8). It's almost like he's frantically turning up the pressure in hopes that Sessions resigns right before- or during- the August Congressional recess.

But yes, it's all a made up scandal.

Obviously.

Trump is a shrewd businessman. He sold his soul, and our country, to Russia for a good price.

time4fun
07-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Trump is a shrewd businessman. He sold his soul, and our country, to Russia for a good price.

Did he? Deals with Putin are deals with the devil.

The second you make the deal, you've created the first entry in your kompromat file. From that point on- you're owned by Putin. And the chaos that comes from a sitting US President having committed this kind of an act is reward enough for Putin. What do you think will happen once Putin decides that Trump has lost his usefulness and can no longer do what Putin wants him to do?

This isn't going to end well for Trump. There's really no good ending for Trump here.

time4fun
07-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Good news on this:

Chuck Grassley (head of the Senate Judiciary Committee) just sent this tweet: (https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/890365726825099271?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)

Everybody in D.C. Shld b warned that the agenda for the judiciary Comm is set for rest of 2017. Judges first subcabinet 2nd / AG no way

Democrats, meanwhile, have said (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/coons-democrats-will-try-block-recess-appointment-if-sessions-fired) that they will prevent the Senate from going into full recess- which would block any recess appointments:

“We’re going to try and block a recess appointment,” Coons told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Wednesday morning.

He noted that the president can appoint someone without a confirmation hearing or a Senate vote, but only during a full recess, which is scheduled to happen next month. He indicated that Democrats will take their cue from Republicans, who refused to recess in 2016, convening every three days in "pro forma sessions," to prevent then-President Obama from appointing Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

It's good to see both sides taking this seriously.

time4fun
07-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Graham (https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/890579205204967424) had the starkest words I've heard from a Republican yet today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPpTfN1LS0

Graham is going to introduce legislation next week that requires Judicial review before a Special Prosecutor investigating a President can be fired.

I have no idea what's going on in reality anymore. I'm sitting here praying that we keep Jeff Sessions as our AG, I'm feeling immense relief and gratitude towards Linday Graham for protecting our Democracy, and yesterday Orrin Hatch and I agreed on transgender rights.

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?

Wrathbringer
07-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Graham (https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/890579205204967424) had the starkest words I've heard from a Republican yet today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPpTfN1LS0

Graham is going to introduce legislation next week that requires Judicial review before a Special Prosecutor investigating a President can be fired.

I have no idea what's going on in reality anymore. I'm sitting here praying that we keep Jeff Sessions as our AG, I'm feeling immense relief and gratitude towards Linday Graham for protecting our Democracy, and yesterday Orrin Hatch and I agreed on transgender rights.

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?

Get a life. All you do is post retardedly here. Maybe a job?

Wrathbringer
07-27-2017, 03:16 PM

Damn, back. You're way retarded today.

Ashliana
07-27-2017, 03:18 PM
You in 5 years, with one word swapped out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0AI-N98r2E

Yes, Mr. Wrathbringer. Everything's retarded.

Tgo01
07-27-2017, 03:24 PM
You in 5 years, with one word swapped out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0AI-N98r2E

Yes, Mr. Wrathbringer. Everything's retarded.

Just answer the question, Ashliana. Be a man for just once in your life. If Holder decided to go after pot smokers in Colorado anyway, do you think Obama would have been within his right to fire Holder, or would that have been an obstruction of justice as well?

Just admit you were wrong. Why can't you do that?

Ashliana
07-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Just answer the question, Ashliana. Be a man for just once in your life. If Holder decided to go after pot smokers in Colorado anyway, do you think Obama would have been within his right to fire Holder, or would that have been an obstruction of justice as well?

:rofl: If you want to shit up unrelated threads, fine by me.

You refusing to read the answer I gave you isn't the same thing as my not giving one, and you not understanding that your question in no way, shape or form has anything to do with Trump's obstruction of justice only reflects on you.

Try again.

Methais
07-27-2017, 03:43 PM

Maybe the problem here is that you're implying Ashliana is a man when Ashliana doesn't even know what Ashliana is.

Enjoy your trip to the hate speech ban van, Dan the man, who drinks Pabst out of a can in front of a fan while watching the death of Han with Dunder-Mifflin Jan, streaming it over your LAN while boiling a sandwich in a frying pan, but it almost burned so to the kitchen you ran, interrupting your tan, but you brought your phone with so you can still watch the death of Han over your WAN but you forgot to pay the bill and they just cut you off so now you have to call cashnetusa dot com...man.

See what hate speech gets you? Now Han is dead and it's your fault!

https://dfvufwcqv7kiy.cloudfront.net/uploads/cnuman-refresh.png

Tgo01
07-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Maybe the problem here is that you're implying Ashliana is a man when Ashliana doesn't even know what Ashliana is.

Enjoy your trip to the hate speech ban van, Dan the man, who drinks Pabst out of a can in front of a fan while watching the death of Han with Dunder-Mifflin Jan, streaming it over your LAN while boiling a sandwich in a frying pan, but it almost burned so to the kitchen you ran, interrupting your tan, but you brought your phone with so you can still watch the death of Han over your WAN but you forgot to pay the bill and they just cut you off so now you have to call cashnetusa dot com...man.

See what hate speech gets you? Now Han is dead and it's your fault!

https://dfvufwcqv7kiy.cloudfront.net/uploads/cnuman-refresh.png

:(

Methais
07-27-2017, 03:47 PM

Tgo01
07-27-2017, 03:56 PM

Ashliana
07-27-2017, 03:59 PM

You refusing to read the answer I gave you isn't the same thing as my not giving one, and you not understanding that your question in no way, shape or form has anything to do with Trump's obstruction of justice only reflects on you.

Let me know when you manage to dust off those mental cobwebs and scrounge up a substantive reply.

Methais
07-27-2017, 04:26 PM
You really love that word this week don't you? Must have learned it the week before.

Parkbandit
10-25-2017, 02:39 PM
FINALLY! ClydeR actually made a thread where it's useful! The Russia Investigation finally has found something concrete after all these months!

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/clinton-campaign-dnc-helped-pay-for-work-on-dossier-about-russia-and-trump/

BigWorm
10-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Wow the opposition paid for oppo research? This is super explosive if true

Parkbandit
10-25-2017, 03:26 PM

Well, we have to have SOMETHING concrete for the money we've spent on this witch hunt.

Finally, something actually tangible instead of something made up as an excuse for losing an election that was "in the bag".

Methais
10-25-2017, 05:16 PM
RUSSIA PISSED ON HAN SOLO IN A HOTEL???????!?!?!?!!?q?q?q?q

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 07:13 PM

Tgo01
10-25-2017, 07:17 PM
"OMG! Jared Kushner met with a Russian lawyer because said lawyer claimed she had oppo research on Clinton! RUSSIAN COLLUSION CONFIRMED! ALL TRUMPS ARE GOING TO JAIL!"

"Oh, Hillary herself paid for the fake Russian dossier which launched the witch hunt against Trump and the 'Russian collusion'? Hillary herself then further fanned the flames of the Russian collusion after she herself paid for this fake Russian conspiracy crap? I see no problem here."

Especially funny watching Mr. Center himself follow this line of thinking. Might want to pull your head out of your ass from time to time for some fresh air.

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 07:29 PM
It's even funnier watching you make shit up out of thin air. Are you having some kind of mini-melt down IRL?

BigWorm
10-25-2017, 07:31 PM
"OMG! Jared Kushner met with a Russian lawyer because said lawyer claimed she had oppo research on Clinton! RUSSIAN COLLUSION CONFIRMED! ALL TRUMPS ARE GOING TO JAIL!"

"Oh, Hillary herself paid for the fake Russian dossier which launched the witch hunt against Trump and the 'Russian collusion'? Hillary herself then further fanned the flames of the Russian collusion after she herself paid for this fake Russian conspiracy crap? I see no problem here."

Especially funny watching Mr. Center himself follow this line of thinking. Might want to pull your head out of your ass from time to time for some fresh air.

Cool strawman bro

Tgo01
10-25-2017, 07:31 PM
It's even funnier watching you make shit up out of thin air. Are you having some kind of mini-melt down IRL?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/41/4181e3c45e38da71d3a0f60eb67b360b531d5b9bb049c5b079 d3ad0ad9fc6aa1.jpg

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 07:37 PM
tgo's new modus operandi: make shit up about someone then furiously try to deflect when called out on his bullshit.

BigWorm
10-25-2017, 07:37 PM
Trump campaign analytics company contacted WikiLeaks (http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/cambridge-analytica-julian-assange-wikileaks-clinton-emails/index.html)

I'm sure Tgo01 will do some great screeches in response to this.

Tgo01
10-25-2017, 07:39 PM
tgo's new modus operandi: make shit up about someone then furiously try to deflect when called out on his bullshit.

Please, like you haven't been attached to Trump's cock the past few weeks. You telling me you think the Russian collusion shit is all false too? I'll believe that when I see you say it.

Trump campaign analytics company contacted WikiLeaks (http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/cambridge-analytica-julian-assange-wikileaks-clinton-emails/index.html)

I'm sure Tgo01 will do some great screeches in response to this.

Parkbandit
10-25-2017, 07:41 PM

Hey now, that's YOUR schtick! Copywrite that and then sue him!

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 07:49 PM
One can be critical of Trump and not think he colluded with Russia to cheat the election. If Mueller and company find anything that says otherwise then I'll stand corrected.

Tgo01
10-25-2017, 08:28 PM
One can be critical of Trump and not think he colluded with Russia to cheat the election.

But is that person you? Do you think the whole Russian collusion thing is bullshit? The Russian collusion has moved away from "Russia hacked the election" to Trump or his campaign worked closely with Russia to sway the election. Where do you fall on this?

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 10:37 PM
But is that person you?

yes, are you writing a book?

Androidpk
10-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Here's the (mostly) unredacted Steele dossier on Trump - https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984/Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.pdf

Methais
10-26-2017, 05:47 AM

Hahahahaha @ this coming from you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ClydeR
10-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Washington (CNN) A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

More... (http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html?sr=twCNNp102717first-charges-mueller-investigation0831PMStory)

Will they do a perp walk, or will they arrange for the charged person to turn himself in quietly?

The low hanging fruit is Manafort and Flynn.

Androidpk
10-27-2017, 10:40 PM
I've heard it could be multiple arrests.

Wrathbringer
10-28-2017, 10:17 AM
I've heard it could be multiple arrests.

Which means there will be no arrests. Your credibility is shot after all that crap about Hillary and "multiple" others getting indicted last year.

Parkbandit
10-28-2017, 10:21 AM
Which means there will be no arrests. Your credibility is shot after all that crap about Hillary and "multiple" others getting indicted last year.

But his sources are so good and accurate!

Parkbandit
10-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Perp walk. It's a scare tactic, Muellers basically shaking the tree making everyone at the top nervous. The thing is the mentally handicapped like Methais, Shartbringer, and of course PB will still support Trump.

Unless you're worth several millions of dollars and/or part of the Russian machinery Trump will hurt you more than help you. He is the swamp, he's a Wall Street New Yorker, you can't get more two-bit con man "monorail salesman" huckster than that. Blue collar workers just don't/can't understand.

And the worst troll ever will still cry because his girl lost.

Sucks to be you kid.

Sorry I ran time4fun off.. you two really seemed to have a good troll love brewing.

Well, not really sorry.

Methais
10-28-2017, 12:03 PM
And the worst troll ever will still cry because his girl lost.

Sucks to be you kid.

Sorry I ran time4fun off.. you two really seemed to have a good troll love brewing.

Well, not really sorry.

If he would post his address I’ll be happy to send him some Play Doh and a nappy time mat.

Gelston
10-28-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm still waiting on this to heat up.

Methais
10-28-2017, 12:51 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PLm_lzrMWUM/maxresdefault.jpg

Androidpk
10-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Roger Stone had an absolutely hilarious meltdown on Twitter and as a result got his account suspended.

Parkbandit
10-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Parkbandit file photo

Remember when you were a contributing member of this forum.. where you posted intelligent thoughts and weren't just a useless troll?

Neither do I.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 07:15 AM
Roger Stone had an absolutely hilarious meltdown on Twitter and as a result got his account suspended.

Suspension has turned into a permanent ban.

~Rocktar~
10-29-2017, 11:24 AM
With this kind of thing, Facebook, Google and Youtube all censoring content that comes across their services, one has to wonder when regulatory agencies are going to start looking at them as utilities in regards to regulation?

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 11:38 AM
With this kind of thing, Facebook, Google and Youtube all censoring content that comes across their services, one has to wonder when regulatory agencies are going to start looking at them as utilities in regards to regulation?

You're joking right?

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 11:53 AM
So this guy who had a meltdown was banned.. but a scumbag like Anthony Weiner still has his?

LOL

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 11:55 AM
So this guy who had a meltdown was banned.. but a scumbag like Anthony Weiner still has his?

LOL

https://twitter.com/anthonyweiner/status/906932650769776641

~Rocktar~
10-29-2017, 11:56 AM
You're joking right?

If you mean about censoring content, absolutely not since there is a preponderance of evidence demonstrating that they censor political content, social content, content critical of their big advertisers heck, even to the point of suppressing research on alternative medical treatments or ongoing medical research.

If you mean the part about regulating them as a utility, also no. In the beginning, power, water, gas, phone and TV companies were not regulated or only barely regulated private companies and could do what they wanted. As time and access became more universal and many of the companies became very predatory in their practices regulations and laws were put into place to require universal access and strictly control their actions and behavior. I imagine that in time, this will happen for internet providers and those who provide significant services on the internet where there is not a direct fee for service agreement. In other words, I expect that sooner later they will be treated like a utility company and regulated in a similar manner. It is also possible that anti-trust efforts will be pursued in a similar manner that people went after AT&T and have prevented many significant mergers in the past.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 12:00 PM
If you mean about censoring content, absolutely not since there is a preponderance of evidence demonstrating that they censor political content, social content, content critical of their big advertisers heck, even to the point of suppressing research on alternative medical treatments or ongoing medical research.

If you mean the part about regulating them as a utility, also no. In the beginning, power, water, gas, phone and TV companies were not regulated or only barely regulated private companies and could do what they wanted. As time and access became more universal and many of the companies became very predatory in their practices regulations and laws were put into place to require universal access and strictly control their actions and behavior. I imagine that in time, this will happen for internet providers and those who provide significant services on the internet where there is not a direct fee for service agreement. In other words, I expect that sooner later they will be treated like a utility company and regulated in a similar manner. It is also possible that anti-trust efforts will be pursued in a similar manner that people went after AT&T and have prevented many significant mergers in the past.

They aren't government entities, they're allowed to censor whatever the fuck they want to.

~Rocktar~
10-29-2017, 12:17 PM
They aren't government entities, they're allowed to censor whatever the fuck they want to.

WOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Use your words, slippery slope boy.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 12:26 PM

He did, stop masturbating so loudly boy:

one has to wonder when regulatory agencies are going to start looking at them as utilities in regards to regulation?

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 12:37 PM
You're obsessed with me and masturbating aren't you?

Tisket
10-29-2017, 12:49 PM

Says the person who believes the emoticon, :jerk: , is contributing to a dialogue. Or any of the multitude of non-contributing posts you make in an effort to appear knowledgeable.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 12:50 PM
You're obsessed with me and masturbating aren't you?

I've just never, ever heard a real man complain that a female was masturbating too loudly.

You are unique.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Says the person who believes the emoticon, :jerk: , is contributing to a dialogue. Or any of the multitude of non-contributing posts you make in an effort to appear knowledgeable.

Wait.. that's him putting forth an effort?

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 12:56 PM

Says the person who thinks her snark posts are contributing to anything.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 12:58 PM
I've just never, ever heard a real man complain that a female was masturbating too loudly.

You are unique.

I'm just not surprised the guy with a history of raging homosexual rep comments is obsessed with talking about another guy and masturbating.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 01:11 PM
I'm just not surprised the guy with a history of raging homosexual rep comments is obsessed with talking about another guy and masturbating.

How do you turn a girl masturbating into something gay?

Dude, come out of the closet already.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm not the one that's in denial. Your rep comments speak volumes about your secret fantasies.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 01:19 PM
I didn't see anything too crazy in his meltdown. Just a bunch of 'cocksucker' and 'piece of shit'. I was expecting more tbh

~Rocktar~
10-29-2017, 01:43 PM
I didn't see anything too crazy in his meltdown. Just a bunch of 'cocksucker' and 'piece of shit'. I was expecting more tbh

It was pretty mild compared to some Liberal diatribes I have seen that Twitter has not banned.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Says the person who thinks her snark posts are contributing to anything.

The difference between you and I...well the differences are too numerous to list here...but one difference between you and myself is that I post to please myself whereas you post in a futile attempt to appear more intelligent than you actually are.

Now here is where you use your usual rebuttal of: ::jerk::

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm not the one that's in denial.

Your whole life has been residing in denial... usually at the expense of others or at the very least their couch.

Your rep comments speak volumes about your secret fantasies.

Really? So when you sent me rep comments about my underage daughters, eating farts, Hillary Clinton's "pie", eating out my ass and my wife.. it was just you talking about your secret fantasies?

STFU bitch.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 01:58 PM
STFU bitch.

oooh yes, get mad! :lol:

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 01:58 PM
The difference between you and I...well the differences are too numerous to list here...but one difference between you and myself is that I post to please myself whereas you post in a futile attempt to appear more intelligent than you actually are.

Now here is where you use your usual rebuttal of: ::jerk::

Can you point to a single post of his where he appeared to be intelligent? I've looked.. can't find one.

That's right.. I'm calling you out!

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 01:59 PM
but one difference between you and myself is that I post to please myself whereas you post in a futile attempt to appear more intelligent than you actually are.

Not even remotely true. Try again?

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 01:59 PM
oooh yes, get mad! :lol:

Pointing out your bullshit hypocrisy isn't me getting mad. Like at all.

Go complain about another girl masturbating too loudly again... that shit seriously never gets not funny or creepy.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Right dude, keep on being a creepy old perv.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Really? So when you sent me rep comments about my underage daughters, eating farts, Hillary Clinton's "pie", eating out my ass and my wife.. it was just you talking about your secret fantasies?

You have to post them now.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Can you point to a single post of his where he appeared to be intelligent? I've looked.. can't find one.

That's right.. I'm calling you out!

He tries but doesn't succeed! Better?

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 02:08 PM
Right dude, keep on being a creepy old perv.

From the guy who sleeps with a married woman, steals from her.. and complains that a friend, who let him mooch off her, is masturbating too loudly.

You're the only creepy one here.

You're better off just posting :jerkit:.. at least you look less retarded.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 02:09 PM
He tries but doesn't succeed! Better?

I'll consider it.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 02:12 PM
From the guy who sleeps with a married woman, steals from her.. and complains that a friend, who let him mooch off her, is masturbating too loudly.

You're the only creepy one here.

You're better off just posting :jerkit:.. at least you look less retarded.

Yes, I hacked someone's account and stole all her shit. That's why no charges were ever brought up and I wasn't banned from Gemstone. And pleaes, explain this mooching off diethx. Last time I checked splitting rent and utilities 50/50 wasn't mooching. But hey, don't let all this stop you from making up lies about me.

drauz
10-29-2017, 02:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0c4fxtH.gif

Gelston
10-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes, I hacked someone's account and stole all her shit. That's why no charges were ever brought up and I wasn't banned from Gemstone. And pleaes, explain this mooching off diethx. Last time I checked splitting rent and utilities 50/50 wasn't mooching. But hey, don't let all this stop you from making up lies about me.

But you aren't denying

STFU bitch.

Interesting.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 02:24 PM
I remember diethx saying he stayed in his room all day.

Also, what kind of charges are going to be brought against someone for stealing items from an account? He did get a temp ban though.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 02:25 PM
But you aren't denying

denying what?

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 02:37 PM
I remember diethx saying he stayed in his room all day.

Also, what kind of charges are going to be brought against someone for stealing items from an account? He did get a temp ban though.

I think he's using the time4fun reasoning that if there is no conviction, it means innocence.

He's been channeling her a shitload since she left.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 02:46 PM
I think he's using the time4fun reasoning that if there is no conviction, it means innocence.

He's been channeling her a shitload since she left.

As opposed to your reasoning that someone is guilty just because one person said so.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 02:57 PM
As opposed to your reasoning that someone is guilty just because one person said so.

You broke up with her, then logged into her account to take some items you claim she said she was going to give you. You admitted to this. She said she never intended for you to have those items. The GMs got involved, and from what I remember, she got them back and you got a temp ban (which, again, you admitted to).

Weird how no one sees it your way.

drauz
10-29-2017, 02:59 PM

Wow, talk about a load of bullshit. I paid my half the rent each and every month. Not to mention doing all of the cleaning, to include your dirty dishes, cleaning up after your cats (emptying the litter box/cleaning it out, feeding them, ect) vacuuming the entire apartment on a weekly basis, taking out the trash, setting your coffee maker up for you, cooking for you, helping you move. If that makes me a shitty roommate then so be it. And yes I did hear you masturbate and it was gross. I like how you left out the things you did. Talking me into cleaning out her GS account, telling me I should tell her husband, ect. You're such a wonderful person too!

That one person was YOU.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 03:06 PM
That one person was YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFxQ6f2Lj0

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 03:10 PM
You broke up with her, then logged into her account to take some items you claim she said she was going to give you. You admitted to this. She said she never intended for you to have those items. The GMs got involved, and from what I remember, she got them back and you got a temp ban (which, again, you admitted to).

Weird how no one sees it your way.

Not entirely true but I give you a B for effort.

Gelston
10-29-2017, 03:17 PM
AndroidPK. You're seriously one of the few normal people here. These guys responding to you are losers, possibly even bad people, more than one person on these boards tried to commit suicide, it's a bad place with a lot of mentally sick people. Just don't try to respond to their hurtful delusions or you'll get sucked into their hellish abyss as well. Be well... all of you.

Damn Pk, I didn't realize you were so fucked up that this moron was vouching for you.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Damn Pk, I didn't realize you were so fucked up that this moron was vouching for you.

:lol:

Tenlaar
10-29-2017, 03:38 PM

Longtime Trump associate Roger Stone Jr. said he will sue Twitter in response to the company banning him from the platform.

“I have retained one of the best telecommunications lawyers in the country and will be bringing a legal action against Twitter over the suspension of my account,” he told TheWrap. “The battle for free speech has just begun.”

Stone would not publicly name the attorney until he signed a retainer agreement, which he said he expected to do Monday.`

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Battle for free speech my ass... this isn't a 1st amendment issue. Twitter has a TOS. If you break it they can suspend/ban your ass.

Gelston
10-29-2017, 03:43 PM
That is retarded. I hope he enjoys wasting his money and then being counter sued for the costs Twitter incurs fighting off this suit.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 03:55 PM
That is retarded. I hope he enjoys wasting his money and then being counter sued for the costs Twitter incurs fighting off this suit.

He's doing it for publicity, has a bunch of fans in the conservative realm that think he's some sort of champion for their cause.

Tenlaar
10-29-2017, 03:59 PM
He's doing it for publicity, has a bunch of fans in the conservative realm that think he's some sort of champion for their cause.

In a truly shocking turn of events, that would be the same conservative realm that supports the stance that private businesses should be able to deny service to anybody they want to...

Gelston
10-29-2017, 04:06 PM
In a truly shocking turn of events, that would be the same conservative realm that supports the stance that private businesses should be able to deny service to anybody they want to...

I'm conservative. I think he is retarded.

Taernath
10-29-2017, 04:15 PM

I believe countersuing for costs only happens if the claim is found to be frivolous. Could be wrong, I'm not an internet lawyer.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 04:26 PM
And pleaes, explain this mooching off diethx. Last time I checked splitting rent and utilities 50/50 wasn't mooching. But hey, don't let all this stop you from making up lies about me.

Wasn't me who called you a leech.. it was diethx:

You didn't pay anything until you'd already been in my place for a couple of weeks and you'd gone to CCF and got some money to pay me, and that was only after msconstrew told you that you should throw some money my way because you'd basically been a leech on both of us before then. After that, you did pay your half of the rent and electric, which I said in my first post. You didn't however pay half of the cable bill, but you sure did enjoy the TV/internet.

I wasn't there.. but given your history vs. diethx's.. I'll take her word for it.

Also, she brought up a good point about you being distressed over her loud masturbation:

Oh and as far as my masturbating being gross, if you'd gotten your lazy fuck ass out of the apartment once or twice a week you wouldn't have had to hear it.

Gelston
10-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I believe countersuing for costs only happens if the claim is found to be frivolous. Could be wrong, I'm not an internet lawyer.

I'd say suing someone because they refuse to allow you to play with their toys is frivolous.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm conservative. I think he is retarded.

I'm conservative and never heard of him before.

Gelston
10-29-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm conservative and never heard of him before.

I heard of him about 30 minutes ago when someone posted about him in this thread.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 04:31 PM
That part was truly rich, the girl with no social life getting mad at a roommate not going out enough.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 04:38 PM
That part was truly rich, the girl with no social life getting mad at a roommate not going out enough.

How does her social life have jack shit to do with your own failings in that area?

Oh right, misdirection. Smoke and mirrors to camoflage your own failings.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 04:43 PM
How does her social life have jack shit to do with your own failings in that area?

Oh right, misdirection. Smoke and mirrors to camoflage your own failings.

I chose not to go out a lot and I was perfectly okay with that. How is that a failure on my part? Stop being a useless troll.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 04:50 PM
I chose not to go out a lot and I was perfectly okay with that. How is that a failure on my part? Stop being a useless troll.

So why are you so defensive about it? Oh, right, it's because it's not normal adult behavior to spend all your time shut up in your bedroom.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 04:54 PM
So why are you so defensive about it? Oh, right, it's because it's not normal adult behavior to spend all your time shut up in your bedroom.

Calling you out on your stupid remarks isn't getting defensive.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 04:56 PM

So you believe spending all your time in your bedroom like a sulky teenager is normal adult behavior?

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 04:56 PM
I heard of him about 30 minutes ago when someone posted about him in this thread.

But before that? Honestly, I thought it was Oliver Stone at first.. didn't understand Androidpk's post since he's only been about anti-Trump since time4fun left.

Looked him up.. still didn't know who it was.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Necro may be a dumb troll but he's right about the pathetic attempts of the people that get off on bullying others. But that's totally normal adult behavior, right Tisket? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you were one of the ones that continually harassed warclaidhm.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 04:58 PM
But before that? Honestly, I thought it was Oliver Stone at first.. didn't understand Androidpk's post since he's only been about anti-Trump since time4fun left.

Looked him up.. still didn't know who it was.

Who else am I supposed to be anti against? Hillary is gone and the remaining democrats are currently a useless lot.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 04:58 PM

You were defensive here:

Which was prior to Tisket pointing out that you are indeed weird. And it's not about "going out".. it's about spending weeks on end, never leaving the apartment that is abnormal.

Tisket
10-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Necro may be a dumb troll but he's right about the pathetic attempts of the people that get off on bullying others. But that's totally normal adult behavior, right Tisket? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you were one of the ones that continually harassed warclaidhm.

I was one of the few that was kind to him but, even if I wasn't, what has that to do with you staying in your room all day?

Hope I didn't make you cry.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Not leaving the apartment, sleeping on the couch, not paying rent.. you're a fucking riot dude.

Methais
10-29-2017, 06:35 PM

Isn’t that exactly what he did in that wall of text like 2 posts before this?

So when you sent me rep comments about my underage daughters, eating farts, Hillary Clinton's "pie", eating out my ass and my wife.. it was just you talking about your secret fantasies?

You are now obligated to post these for our entertainment. Just confirmed with @Whirlin that not doing so is a reportable offense.

Androidpk
10-29-2017, 06:42 PM
He did but not in a manner that made sense. I don't know how the hell one goes from saying government shouldn't interfere with gun rights and people should be allowed to own whatever weapon they want (nukes included) to saying government should regulate social media websites. And PB says my political beliefs are bipolar.

Tgo01
10-29-2017, 07:21 PM

At the rate pk's douche meter is rising I fully expect him to soon claim he didn't really need to a place to stay, he has a mansion somewhere but was somehow doing diethx a favor by moving in with her and not fully paying his share of the bills.

Tgo01
10-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Nothing wrong with you choosing to stay home 24/7, but then don't bitch when your roommate wants to masturbate loudly. What, was SHE supposed to leave the apartment to masturbate to not disturb you?

Tgo01
10-29-2017, 07:24 PM
Necro may be a dumb troll but he's right about the pathetic attempts of the people that get off on bullying others.

Oh man, Androidpk is so desperate he's taking Necro's posts seriously.

Parkbandit
10-29-2017, 07:28 PM

Congratulations! You've reached Backlash and Stumplicker/Wesley level of stupidity now!

Why don't you tell us how you've been so bullied here... you poor little victim you!

Wrathbringer
10-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Nothing wrong with you choosing to stay home 24/7, but then don't bitch when your roommate wants to masturbate loudly. What, was SHE supposed to leave the apartment to masturbate to not disturb you?

Lol

Shaps
10-30-2017, 03:51 AM
Wow, I just read the last bits of this thread. You guys here have some really long history together and some of you it's more than just on these boards.

And I say this genuinely, I think many of you here have some social/mental issues that need to be worked out (no troll). I mean, it's kinda weird you guys are still trapped in this 80's text based game but it seems to go further than that.

Anyhow, it's depressing to see you all here, truly. My heart aches a bit thinking what creative and obviously intelligent people are wasting their lives due to their mental/social issues. I wonder... did Gemstone have a part to play in inducing these issues? If you all never found Gemstone, where would you be now? What further development intellectually, financially, and socially would you have gained? Be well, take care of yourselves.

What I think we would all find interesting is the fact you chose to spend your time and comment, judge, and express fake "intelligence" on a .. as you said.. "80's text based game"...

I would suggest it goes further than that.. that you lack the intellectual capacity to understand much, but think by using an 80's forum you can gain some semblance of intelligent thought.

Stop trying to troll.. you suck at it.

Parkbandit
10-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Wow, I just read the last bits of this thread. You guys here have some really long history together and some of you it's more than just on these boards.

And I say this genuinely, I think many of you here have some social/mental issues that need to be worked out (no troll). I mean, it's kinda weird you guys are still trapped in this 80's text based game but it seems to go further than that.

Anyhow, it's depressing to see you all here, truly. My heart aches a bit thinking what creative and obviously intelligent people are wasting their lives due to their mental/social issues. I wonder... did Gemstone have a part to play in inducing these issues? If you all never found Gemstone, where would you be now? What further development intellectually, financially, and socially would you have gained? Be well, take care of yourselves.

Your heart aches so much.. you've created how many different logins now and have been banned how many times?

Dude, stop.

Methais
10-30-2017, 09:14 AM
At the rate pk's douche meter is rising I fully expect him to soon claim he didn't really need to a place to stay, he has a mansion somewhere but was somehow doing diethx a favor by moving in with her and not fully paying his share of the bills.

She's a stronger person today because of it, therefore he did her a favor. The sacrifices he made were for her own good.

Methais
10-30-2017, 09:27 AM

You're really terrible at trolling. Like when a wrestler is legitimately so bad he gets "You're so bad at this that you need to get the fuck out of the ring for real" boos instead of getting booed because he's working the crowd and drawing heel heat.

They call it X-Pac heat. You're X-Pac, but on a message board for the same 30 year old text based fantasy game you tell people they have no life for playing.

The last person on here that sucked at life as bad as you do was Klaive.

You:
http://www.theofficialwrestlingmuseum.com/uploads/6/0/4/9/6049532/2063812.jpg

Methais
10-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Why you have to be so mean Methais, you know I look up to you. Man I'm gonna start cutting myself again cause of you, I cut deeper everytime people like you bring me down. :(

https://i.imgur.com/YRjLNnH.jpg

Archigeek
10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Meanwhile Manafort and Gates asked to surrender. Indictments are sealed.

Taernath
10-30-2017, 10:25 AM
SO ANYWAY

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/manafort-and-former-business-partner-asked-to-surrender-in-connection-with-special-counsel-probe/2017/10/30/6fe051f0-bd67-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his longtime business partner Rick Gates have been charged in a 12-count indictment with conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money and making false statements.

The indictment marked the first criminal allegations to come from Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 election.

The charges did not reference the Trump campaign but instead focused on Manafort’s and Gates’s work advising a Russia-friendly political party in Ukraine.

The special counsel alleged that for nearly a decade, the two men laundered money through scores of U.S. and foreign corporations, partnerships and bank accounts, and gave false statements to the Justice Department and others when asked about their work on behalf of a foreign entity.

Gelston
10-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Meanwhile Manafort and Gates asked to surrender. Indictments are sealed.

It is because they lobbied for former Ukranian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Back
10-30-2017, 10:45 AM
BOOM!

Gelston
10-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Back heard Ososis was being retarded so he returned to defend his title.

ClydeR
10-30-2017, 11:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNZH9pKVoAAV2FJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNZJHCcV4AIEmQr.jpg

Exactly. There was absolutely no collusion, except for that one meeting. And why isn't Mueller investigating Clinton instead of Trump? The whole thing is highly suspicious!

Below is Mueller's mandate. Investigating Clinton is clearly implied.

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James S. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

More... (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html)

ClydeR
10-30-2017, 11:16 AM
31 page indictment of Manafort in Adobe Acrobat format.. https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015f-6d73-d751-af7f-7f735cc70000

ClydeR
10-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Forget Manafort. What should most concern Trump is that Michael Flynn was not charged with anything. Flynn would have been easy to charge because of his violation of the disclosure laws.

ClydeR
10-30-2017, 11:39 AM
This isn't good either..

A former Trump campaign adviser struck a cooperation agreement with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, secretly pleading guilty three weeks ago to lying to federal agents about his contacts with Kremlin-connected Russians.

More... (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-campaign-adviser-george-papadopoulos-pleads-guilty-lying-n815596)

Back
10-30-2017, 12:18 PM
BUT HILLARY!?!

What a shit show this presidency is. Embarrassing.

Methais
10-30-2017, 01:44 PM
BUT HILLARY!?!

Quoting for later when Back has a meltdown after nothing happens to Trump.

Wrathbringer
10-30-2017, 01:59 PM
BUT HILLARY!?!

lol you lost get over it. Your tears are still awesome tho. #AmericaFirst

Gompers
10-30-2017, 02:51 PM
lol you lost get over it. Your tears are still awesome tho. #AmericaFirst

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

Read it, if you're capable of reading.

Gelston
10-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Tony Podesta stepping down from lobbying giant amid Mueller probe

Democratic power lobbyist Tony Podesta, founder of the Podesta Group, is stepping down from the firm that bears his name after coming under investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/30/tony-podesta-stepping-down-from-lobbying-giant-amid-mueller-probe-244314

Taernath
10-30-2017, 04:12 PM
rut roh!

Parkbandit
10-30-2017, 04:32 PM
So.. no collusion still?

Weird.

Gelston
10-30-2017, 04:37 PM
So.. no collusion still?

Weird.

BUT TAX FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tgo01
10-30-2017, 05:25 PM
So all that time and so far just charges against Manafort and some other bozo over shit that happened in Ukraine years before he even worked on Trump's campaign?

Are we finally over this Russian collusion bullshit or you all still holding out hope that Hillary will be president because of this? Speaking of which, shouldn't SHE be in jail now for outright collusion?

Parkbandit
10-30-2017, 05:59 PM
So all that time and so far just charges against Manafort and some other bozo over shit that happened in Ukraine years before he even worked on Trump's campaign?

Are we finally over this Russian collusion bullshit or you all still holding out hope that Hillary will be president because of this? Speaking of which, shouldn't SHE be in jail now for outright collusion?

No. There is no real reason for Hillary to lose against Trump... unless Trump somehow cheated because Hillary is a girl.

DUH.

Latrinsorm
10-30-2017, 07:31 PM
This has grown very unsettling.

Trump campaign/administration people who have lied about Russian connections, running scorecard:
Flynn
Trump Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Sessions
Papadopoulos (to the FBI, like a bozo)

None of this would be a big deal if they simply had Russian connections. Why did each and every one of them feel the need to lie about it?
Adobe Acrobat formatMy favorite recent ClydeR troll.

Wrathbringer
10-30-2017, 07:42 PM

Trump campaign/administration people who have lied about Russian connections, running scorecard:
Flynn
Trump Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Sessions

None of this would be a big deal if they simply had Russian connections. Why did each and every one of them feel the need to lie about it?My favorite recent ClydeR troll.

Because they knew people would freak out over nothing. Like they (you) are. In closing, you lost, get over it. Your tears are still great though.

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 09:37 PM

Flynn
Trump Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Sessions

None of this would be a big deal if they simply had Russian connections. Why did each and every one of them feel the need to lie about it?My favorite recent ClydeR troll.

Given the charges filed already I won't be surprised to Don Jr and Kushner either spilling their guts or facing charges as well. MAGA!

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 09:38 PM
Because they knew people would freak out over nothing. Like they (you) are. In closing, you lost, get over it. Your tears are still great though.

Shut up, freak, Trumptard tears are the new tears in town.

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 09:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2TvDp0r.jpg

Tgo01
10-30-2017, 09:48 PM
So NOW can I classify you as a retard who thinks Trump is going to be arrested for Russian collusion? You got your panties in a knot the last time I suggested that.

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 09:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ibna9wP.jpg

Tgo01
10-30-2017, 09:58 PM
Take that as a yes.

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 10:01 PM
So NOW can I classify you as a retard who thinks Trump is going to be arrested for Russian collusion? You got your panties in a knot the last time I suggested that.

your trolling is weak

Tgo01
10-30-2017, 10:08 PM
your trolling is weak

Your lack of convictions is annoying. Last time you cried like a little bitch because I said you were all aboard the Trump going to jail for collusion train.

Now that you clearly are on that train you can't even just come right out and say it. Still smarting from when you were the only person who actually thought charges against Hillary were going to stick so you're playing it safe and waiting until the investigation is over to have an opinion?

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Your lack of convictions is annoying. Last time you cried like a little bitch because I said you were all aboard the Trump going to jail for collusion train.

Now that you clearly are on that train you can't even just come right out and say it. Still smarting from when you were the only person who actually thought charges against Hillary were going to stick so you're playing it safe and waiting until the investigation is over to have an opinion?

Where have I said anything about thinking Trump would be arrested? You're pathetic dude, get over it already.

Tgo01
10-30-2017, 10:21 PM
Where have I said anything about thinking Trump would be arrested? You're pathetic dude, get over it already.

Well I wouldn't know because your "opinions" are vague as shit these days.

So just Trump's family then? The collusion goes almost all the way to the top but not quite to the top? Who is going to get arrested? Who is going to jail? Use your words.

Androidpk
10-30-2017, 10:31 PM
I haven't been digging into this as much as I did with Clinton's server. That is why I've always maintained that I'll wait and see what Mueller and his team come up with. Judging from the charges laid out today and the fact that this is just the beginning of the indictments and charges.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Flynn and Page (if they haven't already volunteered to cooperate) as well as Don Jr and Kushner. Bannon was right, firing Comey was about the dumbest possible things Trump could have ever done.

drauz
10-30-2017, 11:07 PM
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Russian collusion. It seems to all be about Ukraine and tax evasion. Maybe the George guy will lead to something.

Androidpk
10-31-2017, 12:03 AM
People over on the /r/The_Donald are saying Manafort was put into the Trump campaign as a plant from the Clinton campaign and that this just proves that Mueller is secretly going after the Clintons.

Androidpk
10-31-2017, 12:30 AM
You have been banned from participating in r/The_Donald (https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald).

:lol2:

Parkbandit
10-31-2017, 07:08 AM
your trolling is weak

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/tumblr_lznmlmJ6xQ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Parkbandit
10-31-2017, 07:09 AM
You have been banned from participating in r/The_Donald (https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald).

:lol2:

How many times have you been banned from reddit threads?

Gelston
10-31-2017, 09:51 AM
How many times have you been banned from reddit threads?

Being banned from Reddit is so cool though. If you're a major fag.