PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad Alters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Captain Amby
07-11-2003, 12:09 PM
This is the spot where you can put down some really HORRIBLE alters you've run across. I'd like to see some of them myself and have a few I've seen as well. (some would say on me.. but they're for RP reasons)
:smilegrin:

Kitsun
07-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Clips of poor alters with some commentary:

---------------------------------------------
selling some midnight-black leathers with the image of a wizard hurling fire from his fingers while standing atop an exploding volcano. 35/290 breakage, 3x decent crit padded doubles. mb: 5mil send offers to bobothebear2@aol.com thanks

If that isn't the dumbest image in the world I don't know what is...
What poor darned wizard got stuck on top of an eupting volcano.

Why bother hurling fire...your standing on top of an erupting volcano. Just RUN and whatever your trying to hit with fire will probably get incinerated anyway.
---------------------------------------------
Truvee [subdued]: "selling some thigh-high midnight-black zombie skin boots with centaur hide laces and trimmed with golden moonstones (weighs 2) TTM wif offers"

Just couldn't pick ONE fashion statement!

----------------------------------------------

Captain Amby
07-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I like this shield I saw once, it was surrounded by shrunken skulls with another shrunken skull in the center

AnticorRifling
07-14-2003, 01:20 PM
That shield is in EN somewhere I remember seeing it not too long ago but I don't remember on whom.

Gokkem
07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
"Some bloodstained leathers with globs of drool running down the chest"

No joke, years ago I let a buddy use one of my characters for a pay festival to do some shopping; and he used my character to get that alter. I wasn't real thrilled LOL.

Captain Amby
07-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I havent seen this guy yet.. but from his thoughts. He must be a fashion nightmare.

Overheard today:

You hear the subdued thoughts of Korenthos echo in your mind:
"Buyin' nice white/silk/jastev/clerical/soulstone items. Buyin' nice black/vaalin/battle-worn/well-worn/stunning/elven items. Buyin' dirty/tattered/worn/rugged/patchwork/halfling/veniom items. Payin' very well for all of the above, think to me or visit my thrak table!"

Captain Amby
07-14-2003, 07:34 PM
I really should make up a list of these.. but I just put them up as I see them on the 'net.

Overheard also today:

You hear the subdued thoughts of Keagan echo in your mind:
"Selling: a blood-stained pitted vultite wall shield engraved with intimidating images of hideous ghastly shrunken heads 5x weighs 10ish 60/195 durability 1.3m"

Captain Amby
07-14-2003, 07:45 PM
oh where o where do I stop....

You hear the subdued thoughts of Zimzum echo in your mind:
"selling some foul smelling blood-stained leathers embroidered with severed arms and legs, 4x damage padded double leathers"

Ilvane
07-14-2003, 08:55 PM
"selling some foul smelling blood-stained leathers embroidered with severed arms and legs, 4x damage padded double leathers"

Eww, that is god awful..

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Zimzum has the worst collection of altered gear and items I have ever seen. It is with a morbid curiosity I find myself constantly staring at him to see if he has managed to find anything worse then his last acquisition. I highly recommend to anyone that if given the chance to sneak a peek at his wardrobe.

Kris na Su'ta

longshot
07-15-2003, 10:01 AM
You see Zimzum.
He appears to be a Giantman of the Issimir Clan.
He appears to be as old as the hills and very tall. He has bloodshot stormy grey eyes and tanned skin. He has very long, braided steel grey hair worn in a single braid. He has a weathered face and a long beard.
He has a long red beard.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a gold ring, some foul smelling blood-stained leathers embroidered with severed arms and legs, a Warrior Guild member pin, a twisted signet ring inset with a miniature onyx scimitar on a field of crimson, an ancient high priest's warpack, a rune-etched pale crystal wristlet, a battle-torn warcloak stitched with giantkin runes around a symbol of V'tull, a tooled leather battle harness, a crimson leather belt buckled with a golden symbol of V'Tull, a gold etched torc, a petite twisted-chain censer, a silver V'Tull symbol, a slightly dented mithril alloy crown etched with flowing runes, a pair of mud-splattered boots, some torn bone-buttoned pants, some ancient engraved V'Tullian prayer beads strung in alternating series of black and blood red, a deathstone inset pewter flagon, and a rolaren banded eonake shield.

Zanagodly
07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Ironically, Zimzum has those leathers with the arm and leg heh

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Wow, he really cleaned up nicely. The last I saw him he had over 50 weapons stuck into him, rings with shrunken heads, shields with limbs and the matching armor. Shame he decided to tone it down a bit.

Kria na Su'ta

07-15-2003, 12:37 PM
These are all property of Tenderhand.

a pair of curly-toed boots with tiny jingling bells that dangle from the tips

a bright red cloak with gold embroidery on the back of a hand reaching down from the sky to save an injured warrior

a pair of fitted healer's wristlette gloves made of fine ivory brocade and accented with tiny ice-blue raindrop and rose charms which hang from the fingertips and chime with every movement

I swear to god, if a healer tried to come anywhere near me with those gloves on, I'd cut their hands off.

Seazarius

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Well...This is my shield. May god damn whoever decided to have an 8x shield turned into this revolting object.

<<a midnight blue shield engraved with a glowing white crescent moon surrounded by a dusting of diamond stars>>

This ...bit of screen scroll shows every time I wear and remove the shield. Know that a Dhe'nari sorcerer is the one that uses it.

If ANYONE has an 8x shield of relatively close breakage and weight, I will gladly switch.

Careful examination indicates the blue shield has a strength of 54 and a durability of 220. You determine the current state of the blue shield to be at 100% integrity. 17(ish) pounds.

AIM: VINMAC3L6

Please....help a Dhe'nar out?

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 01:05 PM
LOL sorry.. I only gotta 7x I think

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Can't you simply dye it in the dyers tent?

That would rid us all of that alteration.

Either that.. or we will all consider you part of a new pixie/farie clan :)

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Last time I tried it wouldn't let me dye an altered item.

But it's been over a year since I tried......

Revalos
07-15-2003, 08:01 PM
I bought this off the net a few months ago, claiming I was buying it to throw it down the well. Well...I just couldn't do it. Instead I think I'll save it as the booby prize for a fishing tournament or something.

a mysterious black greatcloak

On the back of the greatcloak you see the glittering words "Legend Ranger" and the faint picture of a human ranger standing on top of a hill with a falcon resting upon his shoulder looking at the valley of death down below.

Lets go over it shall we?

First of all...its mysterious...huh? How in the hell is a greatcloak mysterious?

Glittering words...I'm thinking Michael Jackson.

The words are "Legend Ranger." Wow. No ego there.

Its got a picture on it...nuff said.

There is a "valley of death" in it. WTF is a valley of death?

Heh...Where is that website with all the bad alters? Like the orange gang pants and such?

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 09:06 PM
That greatcloak, Liberace (if that's how you spell that guy's name who loves to play the piano and is soooooo outta the closet I dont think he ever knew there was one) would be proud to be seen in.

StrayRogue
07-17-2003, 11:38 AM
I dunno, I like the wierd items like that. For all Plur and Augie's faults etc, I really do like the simplicity of some of their items. A cloak. A sack etc.

Betheny
07-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Okay, this is one of my favorite alterations. Anticor seemed to like it, I figure I'll ask an opinion.

This is a dagger a good friend of mine had made for Maimara.

a cruel-bladed ritual dagger.

>l dag
The crosspiece is carved into the shape of a humanoid head, pierced by four long, needle sharp spikes. The witchwood hilt is fashioned into the figure's body, limbs bound securely by thorned mithril wire. Vomited from the tortured figure's mouth is the dagger's long, cruel blade. One side of the blade is ragged and serrated, while the other is honed to a razor's edge and tapers into a hook with a sharpened inner curve. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

Captain Amby
07-18-2003, 07:17 PM
eww... they actually let the word vomit go? hehehe

Betheny
07-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Yes. yes they did.

Check out these pants, and ask yourself the question, "What profession am I?"

some baggy black leather pants stitched with vaalin-threaded lockpicks and buttoned with a sky blue glaes scarab

Captain Amby
07-18-2003, 09:31 PM
I hope they didn't stitch those lockpicks near the zipper. That might hurt when you sit down.

AnticorRifling
07-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I still like that dagger. Those pants I've seen before, I think it was a rogue in the garden niche can't recall the name though.

Red Devil
07-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Sharkie17
These are all property of Tenderhand.
a pair of curly-toed boots with tiny jingling bells that dangle from the tips
Seazarius

that's not an alter it was sold by a merchant awhile back

Bobmuhthol
07-21-2003, 11:50 PM
I have curly-toed boots. I don't think a merchant would sell a long-description item.

Praefection
07-27-2003, 02:53 AM
Don't quote me but I think maybe 3 years ago, or perhaps it was closer to 4 there was a merchant who sold off the shelf altered riding pants? Anyone know what I am talking about?

Kurili
07-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I saw riding pants, entire riding habit in fact, at a merchant, perhaps two or three years ago

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Praefection
Don't quote me but I think maybe 3 years ago, or perhaps it was closer to 4 there was a merchant who sold off the shelf altered riding pants? Anyone know what I am talking about?

Nice contradiction.

Never heard of them.

Zacciwie
07-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Oooh.. I've had some horrible alters done before. I wonder if anyone has any clips of them.

1. The show on my arcane black bag had glittering runes or something like that... bleh.
2. During a group alter we came up with something like a something-lined rolaren mesh lootbag secured with a platinum-linked chain
3. This one was a bit funny, but it was kind of stealing someone elses idea: a pickle-wielding warfly clad in jerkin-studded armor (or something like that)
4. My really horrible and gawdy one: an onyx elixir bottle (had a show with veins of drakar, zochar, and rhimar running through it)
5. Oh, my arena doll! Had it made for laughs. It was something like a dark-attired toy sorcie

And those are just some of the ones I had made...

I don't pay much attention to others' alterations except for those few that really stand out.... Like the ones with runes of every sort and blood splattered everywhere. Which reminds me, I can't stand that one about the gremlins (I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about). It had gremlin blood on it or something. Wish I still had clips of some of the horrible alterations I've seen.

DCSL
09-10-2003, 08:37 PM
You see Marrithe.
She appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
She appears to be very young and shorter than average. She has piercing jade green eyes and fair skin. She has very long, fine silver hair worn in elaborate braids. She has a delicate face, an upturned nose and slightly upswept pointed ears.
She has minor bruises on her neck, and minor bruises about the head.
She has developed slurred speech.
She is holding a small blood-red ruby sphere in her right hand.
She is wearing some sparkling pink sapphire hairpins, a dusty pink ribbon, a crystal amulet, a glittering leopard quartz ring, a dainty pure silver chain, a butterfly charm, a beveled pink tourmaline pin, a glittering red dreamstone pin, a pink sapphire rosebud pin, a pink pearl studded copper buckle, a fuzzy pink kobold skin gem pouch, some pearly pink leathers, a front-laced pale pink bodice, some low-slung pink leather leggings, some finely tailored boots, a pearly pink imflass shield, a heart-shaped friendship ring, a dainty pink flower basket, a linked ruby demon miniature bracelet, a broken-winged hummingbird pin, a pair of fine midnight black gloves, a bloodspattered wrist-sheath, a green toadstool pin, a blackened leather wand harness, a brushed red velvet book sack, a hooded bright pink rolton fur cloak clasped at the neck with a polished painted pink fork, and a chased ora crown.

The cloak was what really made me want to puke but the fact that all this is on a Dhe'nar just makes it worse.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 08:56 PM
God the Dhe'nar are scary.

DCSL
09-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
God the Dhe'nar are scary.

Blargh. Most Dhe'nar are not bedecked in pink crap.

09-10-2003, 10:38 PM
a dark white karate gi cinched at the waist with an angry roaring dragon made into a belt

That has got to be the worst alter I ever saw... it was 5x brig before it was altered, belonged to a friend a while back. I think he sold it.

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Gah! Too much pink! ::shields her eyes::

ElvenRangeress
09-10-2003, 11:57 PM
i love pink ;o)

DCSL
09-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
i love pink ;o)

I like some pinks. Usually dark pinks. But too much is just hideous. Especially covering yourself with it from head to toe.

Halfsilver
09-11-2003, 12:01 AM
'theana likes green, too.

-grays/d(green is good!)

ElvenRangeress
09-11-2003, 12:01 AM
well i dont' like the colors together ... i like pink for like my webpage, and i like green to wear because i'm a ranger in game

09-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Pink rocks.

Adhara
09-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Hey her boots are not pink! But that's alright, I found her some:

some pink leather moccasins ( pocketed) [NEW] [BUY] 10,000 silvers No Bids 6 Days 23 Hrs +

http://www.crystalamulet.com/product.php?productid=5412

Caramia
09-12-2003, 09:56 PM
a tiny emerald nose stud
>inspect X's stud
Made from a sparkling flawless emerald, the stud is etched with a tiny baby dragon tangled in several ivy vines with a sad expression adorning its face. A small link-chain connects under the emerald to a tiny hoop and leads up to a delicate leaf-shaped earring.

WTF? Please tell me how all that fits on something as tiny as a nose stud?

Also on the same person:
a short side-slit glossy green leather dress supported with thin emerald-hued translucent straps

Reminds me of a 1960's go-go dress.

And lastly:
a tiny green leaf-shaped button adorned with the words, "I'm an Elven Rangeress with issues, and I'm proud."

That's on a tiny button.

DCSL
09-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Caramia
a tiny emerald nose stud
>inspect X's stud
Made from a sparkling flawless emerald, the stud is etched with a tiny baby dragon tangled in several ivy vines with a sad expression adorning its face. A small link-chain connects under the emerald to a tiny hoop and leads up to a delicate leaf-shaped earring.

Also on the same person:
a short side-slit glossy green leather dress supported with thin emerald-hued translucent straps

And lastly:
a tiny green leaf-shaped button adorned with the words, "I'm an Elven Rangeress with issues, and I'm proud."

That's on a tiny button.

Not everyone has a sense of taste or space... although, I think it's awfully funny- in a 'that's weird!' way -to have a tiny, unhappy vine-wrapped dragon on your nose.

GS4Gurl
09-15-2003, 09:55 PM
a tiny emerald nose stud
>inspect X's stud

Also on the same person:

And lastly:

That's on a tiny button.

heh oh brother here we go...

::waits for Atheana's reaction to this post::

:: grabs popcorn::

......:wow:

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by GS4Gurl]

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:01 PM
hehe, well i don't care what anyone thinks about my alters personally, i'm happy with them and thats all that matters ;o)

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by DCSL

a tiny emerald nose stud
>inspect X's stud

Also on the same person:

And lastly:

That's on a tiny button.

Not everyone has a sense of taste or space... although, I think it's awfully funny- in a 'that's weird!' way -to have a tiny, unhappy vine-wrapped dragon on your nose.

it was etched, it was very visible, i could of made it sound better but was rushed :)

Betheny
09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Christ, they let you make a button like that?

They won't let me have a button that says "The answer is NO."

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:32 PM
you have to find the right merchant ...

Tsa`ah
09-15-2003, 10:32 PM
They won't let you have anything!

Some people have really whacked out and poor taste.

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
They won't let you have anything!

Some people have really whacked out and poor taste.

if its what they want, who the hell cares? :P

Tsa`ah
09-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Genre. That's why we care.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Don't look at it if it bothers you.

It's really that simple.

I promise.

-grays/d :rolleyes:

Adhara
09-15-2003, 10:39 PM

It's really that simple.

Life is not that simple.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Fortunately, Gemstone 3 isn't Life.

hehe...

-grays/d (looking for some really bad alters so he can stay on topic)

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Adhara

It's really that simple.

Life is not that simple.

Well thats true, but if you look at a person and see an item you don't like, inspecting it isn't really appropriate now is it?

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Adhara
09-15-2003, 10:43 PM
It's convenient to play dumb sometimes isn't it?

Tsa`ah
09-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately some people beg for criticism without ever opening their mouths.

Some people can't accept they don't have a clue about genre, or just don't care.

Some people predictably rush in just slightly more armed wits, yet are still very much unarmed.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:49 PM
"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Just thought that would be applicable in this case.

-grays/d (don't hate me for being off topic, I'm looking for a really bad one)

DCSL
09-15-2003, 10:50 PM
It's convenient to play dumb sometimes isn't it?

Some people, unfortunately, are not playing.

Scott
09-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

It's really that simple.

I promise.

-grays/d :rolleyes:

If you can't stay in genre, leave Gemstone. It's that simple.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:51 PM
At least you admit it, DCSL.

-grays/d :grin:

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:51 PM
so how is having a green leather dress out of genre?

edited: isn't it the merchant's job to make sure the items in genre? i mean if they don't tell us something isn't allowed, you would assume its perfectly fine...

DCSL
09-15-2003, 10:54 PM
At least you admit it, DCSL.

-grays/d :grin:

I have in no way referred to you or yours. That was uncalled for.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
[If you can't stay in genre, leave Gemstone. It's that simple.

The definition of "in-character" or "in-genre" for GS3 is vague.

There are so many different items, it's really a matter of opinion if something is 'in' or not. Hence the diversity of items and the conflict here in this thread.

-grays/d

Tsa`ah
09-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Googled quote by Halfsilver

I don't think anyone ever accused Dwight of being overly endowed with intelligence. Dense people generally get very defensive and attempt witty remarks. Eisenhower was a text book case.

DCSL
09-15-2003, 10:55 PM
so how is having a green leather dress out of genre?

edited: isn't it the merchant's job to make sure the items in genre? i mean if they don't tell us something isn't allowed, you would assume its perfectly fine...

Er, I don't think anyone said it was, 'cept the one person who first posted it and said it reminded her of a '60's go-go dress. Different things remind people of different things, I guess.

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:56 PM
really the dress was made so i can match my portrait lleonie drew of atheana, if you wanna see it you can, just fits the portrait so perfect.... wanna see?

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 10:56 PM
<<I have in no way referred to you or yours. That was uncalled for>>

You're right.

You didn't specifically implicate us.

I'm sorry.

-grays/d

DCSL
09-15-2003, 10:58 PM
really the dress was made so i can match my portrait lleonie drew of atheana, if you wanna see it you can, just fits the portrait so perfect.... wanna see?

Heh, I already have. I'm a great admirer of Lleonie's work and Yoiko's too. Seen both of their work with Atheana.

ElvenRangeress
09-15-2003, 10:59 PM
don't you agree the dress is just so ravishing in the pix though? why i got it made in the first place, lleonie's work is amazing, she's drawn so many of atheana since we became best friends a while ago ;o) she's such a sweetie, and yoiko's, man that girl has some real talent! sorry i'm babbling, just admire their work.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
Er, I don't think anyone said it was, 'cept the one person who first posted it and said it reminded her of a '60's go-go dress. Different things remind people of different things, I guess.

and THAT is why pretty much anything can be considered In-genre.

It's completely based on opinion.

Something that is acceptable to one merchant might be considered horrible by another

-grays/d

Caramia
09-15-2003, 11:11 PM
you have to find the right merchant ...

Or the "wrong" one as the case may be. I'm sure when alterations like these get noticed and comments get back to the merchant or to Melissa, that merchant GM gets a little prod.

Betheny
09-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Fortunately, Gemstone 3 isn't Life.

hehe...

-grays/d (looking for some really bad alters so he can stay on topic)

OK, so if Gemstone isn't life, and this isn't Gemstone, p resumably these boards are in a real-life situation.

Why are you always referring to Atheana as your wife here, then? You guys aren't married IRL.

Halfsilver
09-15-2003, 11:22 PM
We're engaged and 'wife' is shorter to type than 'fiance'. I'm a lazy typist. :P

In all truth, Atheana is Grays wife....

::shrug::

-grays/d (ugly alters!!)

edited: Apparantly you misunderstood this post.

Atheana is Grays' wife, not mine.

I was just pointing that out. thx.

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Halfsilver]

Betheny
09-15-2003, 11:33 PM
OK, BUT YOU AREN'T GRAYSALIN AND SHE ISN'T ATHEANA, HERE

YOU'RE 'D' AND SHE IS CANDI

YOU DUMB FUCK

Adhara
09-15-2003, 11:36 PM
fiancé is for male, fiancée for female. But it's only 3 more letters than wife. I doubt it's laziness that makes you call her your wife.

CrystalTears
09-16-2003, 12:09 AM
::bangs her head on her keyboard, glances up again and runs away crying hysterically::

You people never learn!!

[Edited on 9/16/2003 by CrystalTears]

DCSL
09-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
::bangs her head on her keyboard, glances up again and runs away crying hysterically::

You people never learn!!

[Edited on 9/16/2003 by CrystalTears]

No! Don't run away! ::cries!:: Why won't you accept my love?!

Betheny
09-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi my name is Beth, I'm the Thorn of Mularos, I worship the god of pain IRL, spank me plz

ElvenRangeress
09-16-2003, 06:40 AM
some people are just so stubborn, i know i am alot of the time i wont' hide it, but damn does it really matter *that* much what he calls me? we say grays and atheana because thats how you know us, and we've lived together for a very long time, so i'm basically his wife anyhow, thats how we see it, so why does it really matter what anyone has to say about ;o)

Halfsilver
09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Um...

Why does it matter so much, Maimara?

You're right, Adhara...it's not lazy typing...I was being sarcastic...or something.

Jesus... IT DOESN'T MATTER! There are more important things to discuss than how I address my girlfriend. Even here on PC! Take a look!

Or maybe, we could just start a thread that's called 'Isn't Darren stupid for calling Atheana his wife?' :lol:

get back on topic.

-grays/d(sigh)

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Halfsilver]

CrystalTears
09-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Yeah more important things like defending her for her mindboggling alterations. She made them, let her deal with it.

That's why I was banging my head because you two just don't let anything go. It's like you're sewn at the hip. And the whole thing about your relationship wouldn't be mentioned if you two didn't show up like bobsy twins about everything.

DCSL
09-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Okay, this chick is just rife with them:

You see Zephyrie Lim-Dule the Cursebringer.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She appears to be in the bloom of youth and taller than average. She has gold-flecked amber eyes and bronze skin. She has waist length, flowing russet hair with lighter streaks. She has a heart-shaped face, an upturned nose and sharply-curved pointed ears. She has full lips naturally tinged a light red hue.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a pair of dainty glass slippers, a pair of sheer silken stockings with a floral-lace thigh band, a veniom-bound rolaren tower shield, a sequined bunny-shaped bag with beaded eyes and floppy ears that fall over the front to form a flap, a soft leather pack clasped with a carved black-ora rose, a supple leather dwarven war-girdle trimmed in soft white rabbit fur, a soft rabbit fur chemise with a small cottontail attached to the back, some supple tailored leathers trimmed with rabbit fur, a polished black obsidian rose, some elbow-length black silk gloves lined with soft brown rabbit fur, a long rabbit-fur cloak clasped with a carved black-ora rose, a braided bit of string, a velvet choker with a tiny golden carrot charm centered in the front, a ruby-dusted silver heart locket, a soft furred rabbit mask set with delicate spidersilk whiskers, a pair of fluffy white bunny ears with nibbled tips, and a narrow gold ring.

A dark elf CURSEBRINGER dressed as the Easter Bunny. I think my favorite has to be the rabbit fur chemise with a bunny tail on it.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 02:40 PM
.......Atleast she didnt claim a culture.

Betheny
09-17-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm going to make a Dhe'nari bastard just to piss you off, Dighn.

You can't tell people they are or aren't something just because you like or dislike how they RP.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 02:49 PM
You could make all the Dark elf bastards that call themselves Dhe'nar all you want. They will still be Pakra('ae) and will be treated as such. Calm down you.

Betheny
09-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Because you're the master of all that is dhe'nari, right...? I don't get it. It should have been kept a freaking PRO if you wanted to be exclusive about who can and can't be Dhe'nari.

Kurili
09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
It should have been kept a freaking PRO if you wanted to be exclusive about who can and can't be Dhe'nari.

I really, really wish it HAD been kept to the Obsidian Tower myself, rather than becoming a culture choice.

Acolyte Kurili

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Because you're the master of all that is dhe'nari, right...? I don't get it. It should have been kept a freaking PRO if you wanted to be exclusive about who can and can't be Dhe'nari. >>

If I was involved with that dicision (I was not and did not deserve to be) I would have voted it remain pro. I freely admit people who choose a culture and then ignore it from that point out aggravate me to no end.

Why choose a culture if
1. You didnt research into it and see if it matches your idea of your character.
2. Know about the culture but decide to ignore all the qualities of said group.

I find it equal to wearing a sign that says I like dogs, when you dont like dogs, or possibly dont even know what a dog really is.

On topic, received my second Dhe'nar altar. Some flowing Dhe'nari Vestments. I had some doubts about using the word Dhe'nari to describe them as many would not be able to tell such just by looking at them. Yet I would bet alot of people dont know what Vestments are, or many other odd items available today.

Thoughts?

Adhara
09-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Some of my more obscure clerical alterations include a stole (some people know it as a female's mantle but I mean the pastoral stole of course), a maniple, a dalmatic, a polaire, a crosier, a burse (ecclesiastical meaning) and an amice.

I know the vast majority of the population does not know those words but I'm not about to call my polaire "a cleric's book satchel" because of who will look at it. If they don't know what it is, I expect them to ask me or look it up themselves (that's what I do when I see something I don't know.) If they don't care well, that says it, they don't care either way.

The important thing is to be happy with your alterations and not "settle" for anything. Get enough ideas ready so that when an alterer turns you down, you just move down the list instead of changing it into something you will end up not liking.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 03:29 PM
The important thing is to be happy with your alterations and not "settle" for anything. >>

Very true. I had in mind only one idea for my alteration scroll and ended up settling on a shell of my original idea. I still like the alter, and I was able to get the inventory/look description worded the way I wanted. I just wish I could have added the Dhe'nar-si writing, it really did make that alter.

DCSL
09-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Eh, I don't mind that the Dhe'nar have become a culture choice. I mean... the Dhe'nar are not limited to the Obsidian Tower. You don't have to be in the Obsidian Tower to be Dhe'nar. That's like saying you can't worship Oleani unless you're a Sister of Perpetual Adoration, bleh.

Look at Alisaire. Great Dhe'nar. Quite well-known. Despised by the Tower for some great role-play reasons. The Tower is not the be-all, end-all of Dhe'nar. It's supposed to be an elite, ruling (Obsidian Council, anyway) body for the Dhe'nar.

It's not like I can't be a Sylvankind if I don't belong to House Sylvanfair. Psh.

Xcalibur
09-17-2003, 03:36 PM
fiancé is for male, fiancée for female. But it's only 3 more letters than wife. I doubt it's laziness that makes you call her your wife.

They keep on stealing our cool french words. Damn english, let's do something!

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Eh, I don't mind that the Dhe'nar have become a culture choice. I mean... the Dhe'nar are not limited to the Obsidian Tower. You don't have to be in the Obsidian Tower to be Dhe'nar. That's like saying you can't worship Oleani unless you're a Sister of Perpetual Adoration, bleh.

Look at Alisaire. Great Dhe'nar. Quite well-known. Despised by the Tower for some great role-play reasons. The Tower is not the be-all, end-all of Dhe'nar. It's supposed to be an elite, ruling (Obsidian Council, anyway) body for the Dhe'nar. >>

Thats fine. Atleast follow the official docs on the Dhe'nar...Or by the gods atleast briefly scan them over before selecting... (Not in reference to Allisiare)

BTW I am not a member of the Obsidian Tower nor have I ever meant to speak on their behalf. I someday hope to join, but currently I am not even apprenticing.

Kris na Su'ta

Kurili
09-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Except that Sylvanfaire didnt 'invent' Sylvans. And the Obsidian Tower people did invent the Dhe'nari here.

Acolyte Kurili

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Very true. Where do you think the Official Docs came from?

Kurili
09-17-2003, 03:56 PM
I know very well where they came from :-)

I do have one who's a member.

Acolyte Kurili

DCSL
09-17-2003, 04:05 PM
No, they didn't invent Sylvans. But! Once the PRO allowed Simutronics to take control and absorb their creation, it became no longer only their's.

And you guys are twisting my words and assuming things about issues I didn't even address. Stop it. To be clear:

1. I don't want people to just pick a race. I'm all for researching the race before you choose it. It makes for better role-play when your character knows the history of their own race.

2. I know damn well where the documentation came from, you jumped up sarcastic peacock. I didn't roll into GemStone III yesterday.

3. I know who made up the Dhe'nar. I've read every single thing on lordceltic.com concerning the Dhe'nar, plus all the offical documentation, plus had at least some interaction with Dhe'nar both from the Tower and not.

4. I STILL am glad Dhe'nar is open as a cultural choice. Hell. I think it should have been RACIAL. I think it's selfish to assume that your (general your, not anyway in particular) way is the only right way.

::Resigns herself to defending an unpopular opinion.::

Kurili
09-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Actually, I believe I was responding to Dighn, and in any case, wasnt jumping on anyone, or intending to. In MY opinion, I wish that Dhe'nari had not been made a common selection. That's ONLY my opinion.

Acolyte Kurili, also entitled to an opinion

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Woah, I think some post were read out of order or possibly taken out of contexts. My bit about the documentation was supporting what someone else said, not meaning to bash anyone. Deep breaths people.

DCSL
09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Heh, I wasn't referring to you, Kurili.

Hips
09-23-2003, 05:08 PM
a layered multicolored full-sweep spidersilk skirt flowing to the ankle-length hem and embellished with glittering diamonds dangling from delicate silk ribbons

a delicate gold multi-tiered bellychain adorned with golden cymbals and shimmering diamonds that dangle and tinkle with each movement

There was more, but I don't want to pick apart the entire outfit...

Solkern
09-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Remember those squirril alters or some shit? tjhere was like a set of them

StrayRogue
09-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Please post when not wasted. Kthx.

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Please post when not wasted. Kthx.

<is laughing loudly>

Pallon
09-25-2003, 08:58 PM
a sparkling tart-shaped pendant etched with "Augie, Official Tart Girl of Elanthia"

You know what, I'm starting to get the feeling that there is some kind of vague connection between halflings and tarts or something

SpunGirl
09-26-2003, 01:47 AM
I don't think Augie likes tarts. Nor does any halfling, for that matter. You must be on something.

-K

Kurili
09-26-2003, 08:01 AM
My Halfling likes tarts. Of course, she likes anything edible. She's not fussy.

Acolyte Kurili

CrystalTears
09-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Pallon
a sparkling tart-shaped pendant etched with "Augie, Official Tart Girl of Elanthia"

Oh she's a tart alright, just not entirely sure it's of the fruity on the inside kind. <smirks>

~Not an Augie fan

StrayRogue
10-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Unthurer put a massive nightmare black waraxe with a blood-stained leather-wrapped hilt in his warriors blade harness.

Artha
10-05-2003, 11:08 AM
a massive nightmare black waraxe with a blood-stained leather-wrapped hilt

Did he cut his hand or something?

Artha
10-05-2003, 03:15 PM
a shadowy hooded cloak with the image of a fierce wolf locked in mortal combat with the armies of the undead. Currently selling for (snicker snicker) 2 million.

StrayRogue
10-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Idiots actually covet these garish nightmares as well.

Caiylania
11-12-2003, 11:00 AM
I know I know...... bumping a thread. But by the gods, I had to share this.... work of.... well you decide.

You see Nanna Chimeara the War Mage.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be in the bloom of youth and very tall. She has sultry, long-lashed sparkling cobalt blue eyes and fiery red-freckled alabaster skin. She has waist length, ringleted fiery red hair arranged in curly locks about her shoulders. She has a slender build, shapely hips, and long legs.
She has a tattoo of a white skull on a field of black on her neck.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a front-buckled banded leather corselet with studded metal spikes around the bustline, an elegant silk thighband, a shadowy leather harness etched with arcane runes of fire, a ruffled red satin half petticoat with a large black bow on the back, a black spidersilk wizard's cape with runes and glyphs embroidered along the seams, some scarlet satin knickers, an ivory Scalu cameo, a ruby-studded mask that reflects the distorted visage of your face contorted in agony, a ruby amulet, a small silver star, a pair of spidersilk hose, a deep golden band set with a flawless bloodstone, a glowing amulet, an evil black eog dagger earring, a Lorminstra badge, a pair of sleek elbow length black leather gloves which taper into long whip-like tails, a polished coraesine shield set with small silver studs, a black leather petticoat reticule, a large scorched leather purse suspended from a long golden chain, a pair of thigh-high black leather boots tied with fiery red laces, a delicate black and red garter, a sheath cunningly wrought from shrunken male heads, and a dainty black leather halter.

That uh, speaks for itself. The question is, what the fuck is it saying??

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Caiylania]

DCSL
11-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Heh, Nanna's a dead horse that lots of us would like to beat a little further into oblivion. Her fashion sense and mixing of styles (a halter with petticoat... ugh, and the big fat bow on the ass of her petticoat...) are deplorable. She likes to corner the market on illegal, tacky alters. And good polearms... the bitch!

StrayRogue
11-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Wasn't she sold some months ago?

Pallon
11-12-2003, 01:02 PM
a ruby-studded mask that reflects the distorted visage of your face contorted in agony

Wow, that's pretty damned accurate

Caiylania
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Um, wasn't that a horrid alter? Heads... shrunken....

>points out they were male heads and didn't say which heads

>tries to drag thread back to topic

Des ka
11-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Well, since we're speaking about alterations ..

I got some intense, violet-freckled emerald hued eyes.

Do these express emotion?

Is this like in your opinion an "OK" feature alteration?

Thanks for your help.

DCSL
11-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, it's a grey area, I think. They COULD be expressing emotion, but then again, they could just be an intense color. It might be accept and it might not.. I mean, our regular choices include brooding and sleepy and others like that, that are state-of-mind conveying.

Zir
11-12-2003, 08:43 PM
I got away with "cunning" eyes, so you could probaby get away with "intense."

StrayRogue
11-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Lets put it this way, if I saw them I would NOT post on these boards about how ugly/crappy/silly/etc they look. There are MUCH worse sets of peepers out there.

Artha
11-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Alright, Caramiya, Stray, Leloo, Latrinstorm, DCSL et al.

Hitler was not an alterer, Bush is not an alterer, terrorists don't have shadowy runes of death painted on their bombs. This is not the appropriate place for such discussions, k?

Caramia
11-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Whatever.

Artha
11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Good enough for me.

Artha
11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
some Eorginan ceremonial robes crafted from beautiful crushed velvet and chased with urnon-threaded flames

GSLeloo
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
...Yeah why is this in alterations?

Artha
11-13-2003, 06:05 PM
...Why is what in alterations?

SpunGirl
11-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Other than the fact that the robes say "Eorginan" in the title (how would one know that?) I don't see a lot wrong with them... except for the really long wording can be a little much to take. "Cassock" could have been used instead of "ceremonial robes," because that's what a cassock is.

-K

Kurili
11-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Even at that, a Franciscan's robes are different than a Jesuit's, if you know what you're looking at. So I suppose an Eorginian robe might be the same. Recogizable at least to Eorginians.

Acolyte Kurili

Caiylania
11-13-2003, 06:48 PM
>some Eorginan ceremonial robes crafted from beautiful crushed velvet and chased with urnon-threaded flames

Well, the urnon-threaded flames is weird. Are the flames threaded? Maybe something like ... chased with embroidered flames, sewn with urnon-thread. or something. I dunno

SpunGirl
11-13-2003, 06:50 PM
I suppose it's one of those things that kind of falls on the lines in what is allowed or not allowed in an alteration. Like armor that has Dwarven Runes on it. My girl wouldn't know dwarven writing from scratches on the wall, so it's best to RP it out... like... "What kind of funny writing is that?" even though it says "dwarven" right there. Same thing, I suppose.

-K

Artha
11-13-2003, 07:59 PM
I found them tacky. That's why I posted them.

I'm a strong believer in 'Show, don't tell' (Hence why, on my Luukosian, not a single alter mentioned Luukos). Also, the urnon threaded flames strike me as stupid...isn't urnon the metal that eats your hands and such (if you have a globe of it)?

Caramia
11-14-2003, 02:13 AM
urnon-threaded flames

That's pretty much a no-brainer... the flames are stitched from urnon threads.

Caiylania
11-14-2003, 05:23 AM
urnon-threaded flames

That's pretty much a no-brainer... the flames are stitched from urnon threads.

I know that. I was commenting on it sounds like the robes are on fire with flames that have urnon threaded into them. :D

Caramia
11-14-2003, 11:07 AM
I know that. I was commenting on it sounds like the robes are on fire with flames that have urnon threaded into them.

Not to me. Using the word "chased" means to ornament or set (with gems), so it visually is "ornamented with urnon-threaded flames."

Caramia
11-14-2003, 11:09 AM
As for why that comment about Stay's tag line was in here? I was getting more and more offended each time I saw it, so I spoke up. Tell me where there is a folder it would be appropriate to bring it up in, and perhaps I will.

Artha
11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Tell me where there is a folder it would be appropriate to bring it up in, and perhaps I will.

There's a little button under each of Stray's posts that says 'u2u'. That's the appropriate place.

Artha
11-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Alright...feature alterations count too.

She has waist length, lustrous platinum hair streaked with red-bronzed highlights that cascades in a sinuous fall of shimmering curls down her back, with smaller wispy curls pinned back from her face with delicate ruby hairclips.

Pallon
11-17-2003, 04:10 PM
some gore-spattered somber black battle plate embossed with a black ora symbol of V'tull covered in crimson runes

::shits pants out of fear::

Jay
11-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Kurili
Even at that, a Franciscan's robes are different than a Jesuit's, if you know what you're looking at. So I suppose an Eorginian robe might be the same. Recogizable at least to Eorginians.

Acolyte Kurili

So does that mean I can get a Sister Bertrille wimple made?

JustMe
11-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Alright...feature alterations count too.

She has waist length, lustrous platinum hair streaked with red-bronzed highlights that cascades in a sinuous fall of shimmering curls down her back, with smaller wispy curls pinned back from her face with delicate ruby hairclips.

That is not only horribly worded, it's way too fucking long and ugly on top of that.

Caramia
11-20-2003, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's horribly worded as much as it's a run-on sentance and way too long for a feature description. Just because you can have that many words doesn't necessarily mean you should, or that it's good.

SpunGirl
11-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Who would want to wear ruby hairclips all the time? What if you're wearing a new gown for that event or you change your outfit to something that doesn't match well with rubies?

It seems like some people view hair alterations as more of a chance to give their character a prom hairdo than a chance to more uniquely describe their hair as it normally is.

Really. People should think ahead more.

-K

[Edited on 11-21-2003 by SpunGirl]

Caramia
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Precisely, Spun Girl! My secondary character has changed her "color scheme" four times since I rolled her up 6 years ago. My primary character has maintained one constant color, but does like to change her look and style frequently.

The Cat In The Hat
11-26-2003, 12:27 AM
this wouldn't be so bad if she didnt have everything useing the same description.

Whats your opinion on repeating things like "adorned with intertwined ivy and emerald vines" over and over again?

You see XXXXXXXXX the Huntmistress.
She appears to be senescent. She has piercing sea green eyes and lily white skin. She has waist length, shimmering auburn hair braided with emerald ivy vines.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a veniom-bound rolaren tower shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a gold ring, a veniom-mesh ditty bag, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded harness adorned with twisted emerald vines, a forest green vine-threaded cloak, a twisted emerald-set collar, a forest green drinking horn fastened together with veniom-threaded cords, a ivy-trimmed moss green bodice, a form-fitting leather corset, a small silver clam shell, an ivy-leaved anadem, a willow wood compass pin, a silver-tipped magenta rose, an engraved white gold band, a large golden-trimmed button engraved with the words, "Ifin you kin read dis, step away from dis ranger.", a forest green threaded gem pouch covered with tiny silver and emerald vines, some ivy-covered gauntlets, a veniom-trimmed leather skirt adorned with intertwined ivy and emerald vines, a form-fitting veniom-trimmed vest adorned with intertwining ivy and emerald vines, some forest green veniom-threaded stalking boots adorned with twisted ivy and emerald vines, some elegant emerald star hairpins, some emerald leaf earrings, a tiny veniom-edged neckpouch fastened with a shimmering emerald talon, some forest green brigandine with a golden sunburst emblazoned on the shoulders, a simple leather bracer, a veniom-threaded scroll satchel adorned with twisted ivy and emerald vines, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded pack adorned with twisted emerald vines, and a sparkling star emerald barrette.

JustMe
11-26-2003, 06:35 AM
How do you braid hair with ivy vines? Wouldn't they rot or something? I never understood people actually having alters with items IN their hair.

Artha
11-26-2003, 02:03 PM
a blood-stained pitted vultite wall shield engraved with intimidating images of hideous ghastly shrunken heads

Wezas
11-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Artha
a blood-stained pitted vultite wall shield engraved with intimidating images of hideous ghastly shrunken heads

Edine, Artha found that shield with your family crest!

The Cat In The Hat
11-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
this wouldn't be so bad if she didnt have everything useing the same description.

Whats your opinion on repeating things like "adorned with intertwined ivy and emerald vines" over and over again? I count 5 times.

You see XXXXXXXXX the Huntmistress.
She appears to be senescent. She has piercing sea green eyes and lily white skin. She has waist length, shimmering auburn hair braided with emerald ivy vines.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a veniom-bound rolaren tower shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a gold ring, a veniom-mesh ditty bag, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded harness adorned with twisted emerald vines, a forest green vine-threaded cloak, a twisted emerald-set collar, a forest green drinking horn fastened together with veniom-threaded cords, a ivy-trimmed moss green bodice, a form-fitting leather corset, a small silver clam shell, an ivy-leaved anadem, a willow wood compass pin, a silver-tipped magenta rose, an engraved white gold band, a large golden-trimmed button engraved with the words, "Ifin you kin read dis, step away from dis ranger.", a forest green threaded gem pouch covered with tiny silver and emerald vines, some ivy-covered gauntlets, a veniom-trimmed leather skirt adorned with twisted emerald vines, a form-fitting veniom-trimmed vest adorned with twisted emerald vines, some forest green veniom-threaded stalking boots adorned with twisted emerald vines, some elegant emerald star hairpins, some emerald leaf earrings, a tiny veniom-edged neckpouch fastened with a shimmering emerald talon, some forest green brigandine with a golden sunburst emblazoned on the shoulders, a simple leather bracer, a veniom-threaded scroll satchel adorned with twisted ivy and emerald vines, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded pack adorned with twisted emerald vines, and a sparkling star emerald barrette.

Well.. her hair isnt that bad, I more meant the repeativeness (sp) of "adorned with twisted emerald vines"

She is wearing a gold ring, a veniom-mesh ditty bag, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded harness adorned with twisted emerald vines, a forest green vine-threaded cloak, a twisted emerald-set collar, a forest green drinking horn fastened together with veniom-threaded cords, a ivy-trimmed moss green bodice, a form-fitting leather corset, a small silver clam shell, an ivy-leaved anadem, a willow wood compass pin, a silver-tipped magenta rose, an engraved white gold band, a large golden-trimmed button engraved with the words, "Ifin you kin read dis, step away from dis ranger.", a forest green threaded gem pouch covered with tiny silver and emerald vines, some ivy-covered gauntlets, a veniom-trimmed leather skirt adorned with twisted emerald vines, a form-fitting veniom-trimmed vest adorned with twisted emerald vines, some forest green veniom-threaded stalking boots adorned with twisted emerald vines, some elegant emerald star hairpins, some emerald leaf earrings, a tiny veniom-edged neckpouch fastened with a shimmering emerald talon, some forest green brigandine with a golden sunburst emblazoned on the shoulders, a simple leather bracer, a veniom-threaded scroll satchel adorned with twisted ivy and emerald vines, a leaf-clasped veniom-threaded pack adorned with twisted emerald vines, and a sparkling star emerald barrette.

Shari
11-27-2003, 02:25 AM
I dig the hair too...but she should have that pin say...'HI I'M A RANGER, CAN'T YOU TELL!?!?!?!?'

I think of someone that tangled in a wall of ivy and lost....stepping out of the fray and looking like that.

If she could just find another way of wording it that could be an GREAT outfit.

Artha
12-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I dig the hair too...but she should have that pin say...'HI I'M A RANGER, CAN'T YOU TELL!?!?!?!?'

She does!!!

a large golden-trimmed button engraved with the words, "Ifin you kin read dis, step away from dis ranger."

Shari
12-04-2003, 12:56 AM
You see XXXXX XXXXXX the Pyromancer.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be wizened with age and tall. He has red-rimmed dark eyes and fair skin. He has very long, straight bright red hair. He has a thin nose and slightly pointed ears.
He has a Wizard Guild tattoo on his finger, a towering volcano tattoo on his forearm, a golden quarter note tattoo on his forearm, a volcanic lake tattoo on his arm, a green iguana tattoo on his neck, an erupting volcano tattoo on his arm, and a braided red beard.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a burled mahogany pipe in his right hand.
He is wearing a lava-red wizard's hat embossed with the image of a wizard scaling an enormous volcano, a voluminous lava-red wizard's sack meticulously stitched with the image of a wizard scaling an enormous volcano, a weathered oilcloth apothecary satchel secured with a thin length of willow bark, some lava-red casting leathers, an onyx-eyed silver skull earcuff, a siren lizard skin wristband, a siren lizard skin wristband, a star sapphire ring, a mithril alloy pin engraved with a spiritualist striking a heroic pose, a braided red tsark-skin belt, a silver-edged dark leather armband, a fiery red leather ankle sheath, an erupting volcano amulet, an eonake raven medallion, some lava-red elven tracking boots, some vaalin-stitched lava-red gloves flecked with volcanic dust, a volcano pin, a lava-red glaesine volcano shaped pin inset with a sparkling dragon's-tear diamond, a black spider pin, a red square button, a shiny red symbol, a flame-shaped scorched silver locket, a vaalin-stitched black leather jacket flecked with volcanic dust, a glyph-etched urglaes ring, and a chipped hematite amulet.

I was sitting there on the boat over to Illistim and came across this fellow.

I was sooooo tempted to blast him with minor water but thought better of it.

Caiylania
12-04-2003, 07:01 AM
The only responce I could think of ......... :barf:

Staceyrain
12-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Stacey's favorite alter (and only one she has made): a black spider-shaped leather backpack tooled with a bold pink triangle across the front

Moist Happenings
12-11-2003, 02:38 PM
I once made a midnight black cloak with a description about having hearts, stars, horse shoes, clovers and moons on it. It was uber.

I was the most badass cereal-toting leprechaun ever.

Czeska
12-11-2003, 02:39 PM
My sylvan could sell that ranger some stuff from the wedding...
with vines.

Kurapira
12-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Jullius taps a pair of lightning scorched casting gloves studded with soulstones.

Jullius says, "I was offered ten million for them."

HouseofElves
12-12-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Kurapira
Jullius taps a pair of lightning scorched casting gloves studded with soulstones.

Jullius says, "I was offered ten million for them."

Yeah it was me. Nothing like lightning scorched to say "I am badass, kthx."

Almost as much as a 150mil katana

Somtimes I wish GS had guns, so I could shoot my characters in the head when they witness such displays of idiocy.

Hurry for archers, that is all I'm saying.

Shari
12-18-2003, 10:31 PM
This isn't necessarily a "bad" alter..but it isn't a very smart alter.

some silver-hued silk ankle-tie sandals with diamond-veined crystal heels

Now how in the hell could you tell there were diamond veins in crystal...I mean, aren't both crystal and diamond (typically) clear in color!?

I'm bored and nitpicking, please go about with your daily business.

MrThorbizzle
01-11-2004, 06:23 PM
[Snowstar (subdued)]: "Selling a diamond-dusted spidersilk cloak clasped with a golden dragon and embroidered with the image of a majestic dragon standing guard over an evil Dark Elf sorcerer, holds a large amount, ttm with offers please"

Miss X
01-11-2004, 06:27 PM
No way, that item cannot exist? Someone buy it and dispose of it???

Hips
01-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Bob's dream shield:

Mesmerize [subdued]: "Next item from my locker cleanout sale is a unicorn etched vultite greatshield. SHOW: You see an engraving of a spiral-horned unicorn galloping gaily through a field of wildflowers.

Bobmuhthol
01-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Stfu it's not my fault I like big man banana.

Short answer: stfu

HouseofElves
01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Kryblue drapes a shimmering silvery dark elven cloak emblazoned with an ancient crimson dragon ascending into the night from his shoulders.

Nytalus
01-11-2004, 11:59 PM
You see XXX.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He appears to be as old as the hills and tall. He has piercing dark eyes and dark skin. He has chin length, straight jet black hair swept back from the temples. He has a long face, a thin nose and a broad chest.
He has a rolling dice tattoo on his ankle, and an old ebony Faendryl pipe clenched between his teeth.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, some fingerless black casting gloves adorned with the insignia of a Faendryl warlock, a swirling mist-filled crystal spiral suspended from a twisted vaalin chain, a veniom-tipped enruned toebone hatpin, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a clear glass amulet, a weathered eyeball fetish, a dark brocade pipe pouch studded with faceted black moonstones, an elegant sorcerer's satchel, a murky black Faendryl warcloak, an ancient Faendryl demonmaster's runebag scribed with twisting veil-iron runes, a dark leather Faendryl-styled belt, some dark baggy trousers stitched with silver threads along the hem, some silver-buckled black boots bearing a Faendryl war mage insignia on each toe, a twisted leather harness embellished with tarnished Faendryl sorcerer's sigils, and some enruned Faendryl battle leathers.

Seems to like the word Faendryl... over and over.

[Edited on 1-15-2004 by Nytalus]

Caramia
01-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
Kryblue drapes a shimmering silvery dark elven cloak emblazoned with an ancient crimson dragon ascending into the night from his shoulders.

It's dark and yet it shimmers?

The embroidery of the dragon is ancient?

It's on his shoulder... and it's ascending? Where? Into his hair? What night? The cloak is silver...

Edaarin
01-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I told Tijay to use his alter scroll to get his leathers turned into something or another with a large red triangular S stitched on the chest. Sadly, the idea was nixed.

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by Edaarin]

Shalla
01-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Nytalus
You see XXX.
He appears to be as old as the hills and tall. He has piercing dark eyes and dark skin. He has chin length, straight jet black hair swept back from the temples. He has a long face, a thin nose and a broad chest.
He has a rolling dice tattoo on his ankle, and an old ebony Faendryl pipe clenched between his teeth.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, some fingerless black casting gloves adorned with the insignia of a Faendryl warlock, a swirling mist-filled crystal spiral suspended from a twisted vaalin chain, a veniom-tipped enruned toebone hatpin, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a clear glass amulet, a weathered eyeball fetish, a dark brocade pipe pouch studded with faceted black moonstones, an elegant sorcerer's satchel, a murky black Faendryl warcloak, an ancient Faendryl demonmaster's runebag scribed with twisting veil-iron runes, a dark leather Faendryl-styled belt, some dark baggy trousers stitched with silver threads along the hem, some silver-buckled black boots bearing a Faendryl war mage insignia on each toe, a twisted leather harness embellished with tarnished Faendryl sorcerer's sigils, and some enruned Faendryl battle leathers.

Like says Faendryl like the word Faendryl... over and over.

That's Huka I think.

Hips
01-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla

You see XXX.
He is wearing a a bunch of fugly shit.

That's Huka I think.

A thousand thank-you's to Tijay from rescuing Kurapira from THAT. :smilegrin:

Sean
01-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I told Tijay to use his alter scroll to get his leathers turned into something or another with a large red triangular S stitched on the chest. Sadly, the idea was nixed.

yea man i tried :( they told me no.

TheEschaton
01-15-2004, 10:37 AM
My cleric has much themed gear. I don't really like long descriptions, especially for shields and weapons and things you remove often, but my cleric is decked from head to toe with themed items. Don't know if that's "bad", but it does end up to be monotonous in color - that's something I'm trying to work on.

Ironically, I have this set of 8x brig with what I consider is a bad alter (got it from a friend when he left the lands):

"some form-fitting black body armor embroidered with images of the arkati and ur-daemons at war", or something like that (it's been a long, long time since I've actually used it).

Some things about this armor:
1) Some people contend that the Arkati and Ur-Daemons fighting is historically inaccurate. I say it's merely misleading, because, while the fight was mainly between the drakes and ur-daemons, arkati did participate in the war (Kai being the only survivor of those who fought, I believe).

Embroidery on brig armor. I realize brig is a leather armor, but it's rigid leather. I don't like the fact that I own armor that has embroidery on it.

Form-fitting. I hate that armor that would be form-fitting on my giant would also be form-fitting for a halfling. That's some messed up armor.

About the only other bad alter I own that I know of: a rotting leather backpack covered in pointed black troll teeth. I didn't create the alter, it was from Ebon's Gate a few years ago, where there was a merchant with a pile of garbage in his backyard, and he simply took your item and "dipped" it in the pile, and it came out as it came out. My warrior enjoys it, though.

I also dislike words stitched/etched/whatever into armor, although I've fallen to that fallacy twice. I think the problem I have is the idea of people being that close to read stitching I have on my armor, though I guess if I'm SHOWing it to someone...it doesn't matter.

- TheEschaton -

StrayRogue
01-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Tijay

Originally posted by Edaarin

yea man i tried :( they told me no.

I've seen someone in this before...

some very heavy training full plate with a stylized yellow 'S' emblazoned on the breastplate

DCSL
01-15-2004, 11:17 AM
I just saw this today. I didn't get a closer look at it, because well... I don't know if I wanted to.

Neferio comes out of hiding.
Neferio put a slim black serpent's blade in his veniom-laced scabbard.

It's a serpent's blade. I get a picture of this big anaconda flailing around with this sword in its mouth.

Nytalus
01-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla

You see XXX.
He is in good shape.

That's Huka I think.

That is, indeed, Huka. Who also managed to kill me that same day in the East Tower by setting off a scale trap, I believe.

Artha
01-15-2004, 06:38 PM
I get a picture of this big anaconda flailing around with this sword in its mouth.

I think it's actually taped to it's tail.

Kitsun
01-15-2004, 07:07 PM
I figured it'd be like Cobra Commander's dueling sword or something.

HouseofElves
01-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Gothique has a "wood sprites gown" what the hell is a wood sprites gown? And better yet, it's in a rare and beautiful shade of green.

Caramia
01-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Gothique has a "wood sprites gown" what the hell is a wood sprites gown? And better yet, it's in a rare and beautiful shade of green.

A gown she stole from a wood sprite? That's about all that comes to mind when I hear that (or would look at it). I can't imagine what makes a wood sprite's gown (is it really missing the apostrophe? Bad grammar to boot!) any different or more unique than any other gown.

I could get a witch's dress or a sea nymph's kirtle, but it doesn't make me a witch or a sea nymph just because I wear it!

Artha
01-30-2004, 06:53 PM
wood sprites dress = a sprite's dress, somehow made out of wood.

Ah, the glories of vagary.

Pallon
02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
a blood red spiked leather cloak clasped with a glass replica of a seeker's eye

Kitsun
02-02-2004, 01:47 AM

I'm picturing Tinkerbell's little one piece green thingy from Peter Pan. Thats Tinkerbelle ain't it?

Galleazzo
02-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Gothique, now, there's a winner. Whiny slag.

The Cat In The Hat
02-03-2004, 10:08 PM
She's The vitreous mass left as a residue by the smelting of metallic ore?

Maybe you should stop useing Klaives random insult generator.

Cat

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 09:47 AM
No I don't, but anyone who spreads for Candor is a slag.

02-04-2004, 09:54 AM
I see somebody who can not separate
::glances at galleazzo::

Miss X
02-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok.... this is about bad alterations so can we stop with the personal insults pleeeease?
Vic

The Cat In The Hat
02-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Whos Candor? ROFLMAO.

Cat

Shalla
02-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Gothique is not with Candor, you dingaling!

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Not lately, no.

The Cat In The Hat
02-04-2004, 12:32 PM
For the record, she doesnt even know anyone named Candor.

Cat

*Mispelling

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
LOL, I wouldn't admit it if I were her either!

So how 'bout them soul-black death-rune blades?

The Cat In The Hat
02-04-2004, 01:44 PM
I dont know where you get your information from but you need to really reevaluate the source.

Cat

The Cat In The Hat
02-05-2004, 07:32 PM

What the hall is a warriors cloak?
What the hell is a wizards hat?
What the hell is a historians satchel?

Can you post the whole thing?

Cat

Galleazzo
02-06-2004, 09:37 AM
And you know the alterers say "we can't make anything that has any sort of professional title in it," but I see "fishermen's sweaters" for sale. It'd be great if they made up their frigging minds. Do you ever get the idea sometimes that they DON'T have a set of printed rules that the GM alterers have to read before doing their thing?

Pallon
02-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I was in line behind someone once that had "a spellcaster harness" or some shit like that made. When it was my turn my tap description had wayfarer or something in it, which is apparently a ranger profession title. REJECTED. In all fairness the design was shit, my second idea was better

Bobmuhthol
02-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I had one of those tattered and torn warrior's mantles from a while ago.. got it altered and the guy made me take out tattered.. or torn.. I forget which. He originally said to take out warrior's because it was a profession, even though that's how the mantles were made.

Galleazzo
02-06-2004, 01:14 PM
That's just fucking bent.

Really, I think they make this shit up as it goes along.

Shari
02-18-2004, 10:11 PM
some blue zorchar trimmed soulslayer leathers etched with a verlok hovering above a pentagram

Are people smoking crack when they have these things made!?

Caramia
02-19-2004, 01:58 AM
What in the world is a verlock?

Shari
02-19-2004, 02:52 AM
Not a damned clue, maybe they made it up while they were on said crack

Galleazzo
02-19-2004, 11:11 AM
A verlok is a feathered demon that sorcs can summon now.

That's not my problem. My problem is .. what the green glowing fuck are "soulslayer" leathers??

:help:

StrayRogue
02-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I saw a cenobite alter get made last night....

Shari
02-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
A verlok is a feathered demon that sorcs can summon now.

That's not my problem. My problem is .. what the green glowing fuck are "soulslayer" leathers??

:help:

That was pretty much what I was wondering. Like someone could look at a particular kind of armor and go "Oh, those are soulslayer leathers!"

Pallon
02-24-2004, 12:29 AM
a pitch-black four-fingered rolaren ring encrusted with sparkling rubies rising from the surface to spell out the word "TSIN"

rofl

Hips
02-24-2004, 12:34 AM
a pitch-black four-fingered rolaren ring encrusted with sparkling rubies rising from the surface to spell out the word "TSIN"

rofl

As sad as it is... he copied it word-for-word (with the exception of the name) from Boom's ring.

Caiylania
02-24-2004, 01:44 AM
The same jeweler perhaps? :D

Galleazzo
02-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh, man. This the sort of shit-for-brains you know has black velvet paintings of Elvis on his walls and leopard-print fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror of his Pinto.

Pallon
03-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Moredin removes a sinister black modwir staff with snakes running
down the length and a crow perched atop with spread wings and glistening
black ruby eyes from in his mesh wand harness.

I love him like a brother, but god DAMN

Fengus
03-23-2004, 08:02 PM
...snakes running
down the length and a crow perched atop with spread wings and glistening
black ruby eyes from in his mesh wand harness.

What is he Dr Doolittle? And since when do snakes run? And whats a black ruby?

Is there some random adjective GS alteration program online somewhere that is making all of these? Or is crack the blame as has been suggested?

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Crack is to blame.

Pallon
09-14-2004, 10:51 PM
worth the bump

Sogo slings a sleek shadow-black ash recurved longbow etched with intertwining bolts of chain lightening off from over his shoulder.

Bobmuhthol
09-14-2004, 10:53 PM
CHAIN LIGHTENING OH SNAP.

I should get an alter that says, "LIGHTNING BOLT!"

Dhuul
09-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Sorry, but

a diamond-dusted spidersilk cloak clasped with a golden dragon and embroidered with the image of a majestic dragon standing guard over an evil Dark Elf sorcerer

takes the cake. game over man

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2004, 11:13 PM
I have "A pristine tip pouch that is sadly empty" for sale in my shop.

I like that it evokes emotion, so I priced it high!

The Cat In The Hat
09-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Thats expensive rofl

Drew
09-15-2004, 01:44 AM
http://www.playershops.com/item_search.pl?tip%20pouch

Jay
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
a grey tattooed gaunt hairless kitten.

A pitiful gaze of deep black eyes stare in wordless entreaty from stark hollows. Across the length of this small shivering kitten the skin is stretched taut over its frame as if its fleshy covering was two sizes too small for its body. Each rib can be clearly seen and the cat's tiny heart is visible beating just below the surface in a frenzied state. The kitten bears a full body tattoo diagramming its internal organs and a pale jagged scar down its sternum.

HouseofElves
09-16-2004, 12:04 PM
...that poor cat.

I am left shuddering.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Thats expensive rofl

I'd lower it, but I never get any tips (hence the pouch) :( :( :(

Shari
09-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Actually, that cat is really well done, aside from the fact I want to cry when I read it.

Whoever designed that thing should be institutionalized.

Jay
09-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Actually, that cat is really well done, aside from the fact I want to cry when I read it.

Whoever designed that thing should be institutionalized.

That would be me. Had to go through two alterers to get it exactly how I wanted it. The first one balked at the complete description.

Of course I should be institutionalized. I play Gemstone.

4a6c1
09-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Jay

A pitiful gaze of deep black eyes stare in wordless entreaty from stark hollows. Across the length of this small shivering kitten the skin is stretched taut over its frame as if its fleshy covering was two sizes too small for its body. Each rib can be clearly seen and the cat's tiny heart is visible beating just below the surface in a frenzied state. The kitten bears a full body tattoo diagramming its internal organs and a pale jagged scar down its sternum.

OMG, thats awesome, but the kittens owner has mental issues.

Caramia
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Kill the kitten and put it out of its misery.

petroglyph
09-22-2004, 12:10 AM
a floor-length silver flecked forest green velvet cloak edged with a silver braid clasped with a sprig of ivy vine made from silver and folded back to reveal the ivory satin inner lining

If your alteration is longer than some people's entire inventories, it might be a good time to consider trying shows.

Burning Scorpion
09-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by petroglyph
a floor-length silver flecked forest green velvet cloak edged with a silver braid clasped with a sprig of ivy vine made from silver and folded back to reveal the ivory satin inner lining

If your alteration is longer than some people's entire inventories, it might be a good time to consider trying shows.

That is a horrible alter. The wording makes it sound like the silver braid is clasped with ivy and the ivy is folded back to reveal ivory satin lining.

Pallon
09-22-2004, 02:30 AM
trifecta

a scorched black rolaren-scaled satchel clasped with a silver dragon coiled around a waraxe

a scorched leather greatcloak with a rolaren clasp forged into a dragon coiled around a waraxe

a scorched rolaren dragon phylactery inset with black-ora eyes etched with the symbol of V'Tull

:wtf2:

Praefection
09-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Just saw this in Ta'Illistim. Kill the owner, please.

Siafu works his way into some bloodstained shadowy black warlord's leather armor with runes of power and destruction etched on its reinforced vaalin shoulder plates.

Nakiro
09-22-2004, 05:04 AM
some vaalin armor as black as death and spiked with blah blah blah blah blah.

My OLD armor basically.

Axhinde
09-22-2004, 05:23 AM

Should be...

a grey-skinned emaciated cat

Artha
09-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Damnagexx works his way into some dark ancient armor augmented by razor-sharp garrotes that are twined around its darkened surface.

Chadj
09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH, they actually let him make that? Terrible.

Burning Scorpion
09-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Pallon, your avatar makes me giggle like a naked teenager running through a field of pussywillows.

Shari
09-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Okay, I read your response Scorpion and laughed my ass off...then I went to check out Pallon's avatar and snort-laughed out loud.

petroglyph
09-29-2004, 01:41 AM
a wedding band cast with streams of liquid gold and silver fluidly moving to form a giantman intertwined with an angel surrounding a large blue teardrop diamond

It's enough to put me off of weddings forever. Liquid metal moving around my finger sounds like a recipe for third degree burns to me.

Shari
09-29-2004, 01:54 AM
That, is just disgusting on so many levels.

Adhara
09-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Wow I am amazed ANY GM would let that fly. I am doubly amazed if it was made through a cathedral wedding and approved by QC. That's so awful I think I will move it up to second worst alteration I have ever seen (after Tenderhand's gloves).

Toxicvixen
09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Its sad enough that a GM okayed it but who had to make it? And then who had to go "oh" "ah" and pretend to like something like that? I have no room to talk, my main character has the MOST tackiest outfit known to man, but at least I go in knowing I am tacky. :D

Praefection
10-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Saw this one in the park.

a shimmering shift made from a deadman's shroud and carefully painted with hellish flames so real that they actually seem to devour the trapped souls among them

Shari
10-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Wow. That's got to be up there with the top ten.

SpunGirl
10-13-2004, 04:51 AM
A pair of red sirenscale gloves laced to the elbow with vaalorn chains.

Naessi got these as a gift from a dear friend, whom I didn't have the heart to tell that they were F-U-G-L-Y. Anyone want 'em?

-K

Kaya
10-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Greetings!
I saw this on someone and didnt get their name but to me it was the worst alteration I have seen in a couple of days.
I thought it was worth sharing.

a shimmering shift made from a deadman's shroud and carefully painted with hellish flames so real that they actually seem to devour the trapped souls among them

Enough said from the way I look at it!:yeahthat:

Hips
10-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Kaya

My question is... who the hell in their right mind would wear a shift (chemise!) made out of a shroud?? Ugh! :barf:

SpunGirl
10-13-2004, 10:31 AM
That has, has, has to be a Kyalia special. Hellish flames? Devouring souls? I'm dying to know who wears this piece of junk.

-K

Burning Scorpion
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Starshadow wears the shift. And from what I can remember, she doesn't wear so much as a bodice over it, either.

Burning Scorpion
10-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Wait, got the whole thing.

You see Great Lady Starshadow Kinslayer the Soulslayer.
She appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
She appears to be in her golden years. She has silver-flecked stormy grey eyes and black skin. She has very long, braided white hair streaked with silver. She has an angular face, a classical nose and sharply-curved pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a spike-ringed deep black staff in her right hand and a perfect black essence rose in her left hand.
She is wearing a crystal amulet, some black leather ankle boots, an enruned deathstone pendant, a deeply hooded dark leather cloak with an onyx Mularos clasp, a rotting halfling head necklace, some fitted grey casting leathers, a mesmerizing black amulet, a shimmering shift made from a deadman's shroud and carefully painted with hellish flames so real that they actually seem to devour the trapped souls among them, a flawless soulstone clasp, a jet black glaes spider charm, a wild black rose, a small obsidian rose pin, a twisted dark silver headband, a deathly black totem bag shot through with veniom strands, a silk-threaded black stave harness, a gold ring, a darkened silver wedding band, a linked ruby demon miniature bracelet, and some deathstone earrings.

I think the rotting halfling head really pulls the outfit together, don't you?

CrystalTears
10-13-2004, 03:46 PM

:wtf2:

Shari
10-13-2004, 04:12 PM
You know what's REALLY funny, is two people posted on the same thing, within 24 hours of each other, without having known the other person posted it.

THAT is how bad that shroud is.