PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad Alters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

ViridianAsp
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
a wispy blue spidersilk backpack stitched with runes in the image of Koar.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
a wispy blue spidersilk backpack stitched with runes in the image of Koar.

That's like ascii art, only with Runes.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Renaden just closed a menacing black sapphire-clasped mantle boldly emblazoned across the front and back with the symbol of Onar.

---

This shit cracks me up. That's like assassins wearing a pin saying OH HAI I R ASSASSIN!

Latrinsorm
12-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I always thought it would be a good idea for an assassins' guild to have a guy or two like that just to keep peoples' focus off the actual assassin. I'd say more but I have to go change my undies after being so thoroughly menaced by a cloak.

Elvenlady
12-22-2007, 01:06 PM
You see Lord Vandele the Epic Adventurer.
He appears to be an Elf.
He is taller than average and appears to be very young. He has sparkling argent-flecked emerald green eyes and fair skin. He has shoulder length, flowing platinum hair streaked with silver. He has a round face, a thin nose and slightly pointed ears.
He has a narrow horseshoe crab spike in his lip, a ring of silver stars tattoo on his finger, a lightning bolt tattoo on his finger, a wailing banshee tattoo on his wrist, a blue mermaid tattoo on his arm, a drunken parrot tattoo on his ankle, an open magical tome tattoo on his neck, a rising phoenix tattoo on his neck, a burning flame tattoo on his neck, and a tattooed symbol of lumnis on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a veniom-threaded wizard's hat encircled with whorls of mistwood stars, some mithril-framed glasses with darkly tinted lenses, some deathstone earrings, a rune-stitched platinum-threaded neckpouch trimmed with whorls of mithglin, a ruby amulet, an opaque glass amulet, a translucent crystal-clasped blue cloak intricately embroidered with runes, an onyx-inlaid round mithril brooch, a princess-cut pink dreamstone brooch, a carved hoarbeam symbol, a sparkling black mein key, a veniom-bound fireleaf Adventurer's Guild badge, an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest, a veniom-inlaid hoarbeam long bow, a platinum-threaded spidersilk harness secured with a translucent crystal rune, a symbol-embellished veniom-threaded backpack fastened with an intricate translucent crystal rune, some vaalin-threaded elven leathers embossed with intricate runes, a crimson-edged white diamond wristlet, a gold ring, an intricately insigiled veniom-threaded belt supporting numerous hoarbeam compartments, an ancient veniom-banded mistwood scroll case adorned with swirls of mithglin runes, an intricately detailed veniom-threaded potion bag encased with whorls of white ora runes, an elegant veniom-banded witchwood kit swirled at the edges with silver tracery, some fine veniom-threaded britches traced with intricate symbols, and a pair of mithril-toed boots bound with veniom-threaded laces.

Tattoos and Veniom ... much?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
He appears to be an Elf.
He is taller than average and appears to be very young. He has sparkling argent-flecked emerald green eyes and fair skin. He has shoulder length, flowing platinum hair streaked with silver. He has a round face, a thin nose and slightly pointed ears.
He has a narrow horseshoe crab spike in his lip, a ring of silver stars tattoo on his finger, a lightning bolt tattoo on his finger, a wailing banshee tattoo on his wrist, a blue mermaid tattoo on his arm, a drunken parrot tattoo on his ankle, an open magical tome tattoo on his neck, a rising phoenix tattoo on his neck, a burning flame tattoo on his neck, and a tattooed symbol of lumnis on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a veniom-threaded wizard's hat encircled with whorls of mistwood stars, some mithril-framed glasses with darkly tinted lenses, some deathstone earrings, a rune-stitched platinum-threaded neckpouch trimmed with whorls of mithglin, a ruby amulet, an opaque glass amulet, a translucent crystal-clasped blue cloak intricately embroidered with runes, an onyx-inlaid round mithril brooch, a princess-cut pink dreamstone brooch, a carved hoarbeam symbol, a sparkling black mein key, a veniom-bound fireleaf Adventurer's Guild badge, an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest, a veniom-inlaid hoarbeam long bow, a platinum-threaded spidersilk harness secured with a translucent crystal rune, a symbol-embellished veniom-threaded backpack fastened with an intricate translucent crystal rune, some vaalin-threaded elven leathers embossed with intricate runes, a crimson-edged white diamond wristlet, a gold ring, an intricately insigiled veniom-threaded belt supporting numerous hoarbeam compartments, an ancient veniom-banded mistwood scroll case adorned with swirls of mithglin runes, an intricately detailed veniom-threaded potion bag encased with whorls of white ora runes, an elegant veniom-banded witchwood kit swirled at the edges with silver tracery, some fine veniom-threaded britches traced with intricate symbols, and a pair of mithril-toed boots bound with veniom-threaded laces.

All the ugly veniom and runes aside.. the brooch made me laugh, a lot.

Chaotic Tempo
12-23-2007, 12:58 PM
a gleaming silver elven-crafted warlance etched with ancient runes of victory

Androidpk
12-23-2007, 03:38 PM
He appears to be an Elf.
He is in good shape.

Elton John plays Gemstone?

Sylvan Dreams
12-23-2007, 08:34 PM
>
Delicieuse just opened a cinnamon leather herb kit clasped with a white dreamstone marshmallow.
>
Delicieuse taps something in a cinnamon leather herb kit clasped with a white dreamstone marshmallow.
>
Delicieuse just closed a cinnamon leather herb kit clasped with a white dreamstone marshmallow.
>

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Please tell me you "accidentally" clubbed her in the face?!

Shari
12-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Please tell me you "accidentally" clubbed her in the face?!

Its phrases like that, Nikki, that make me <3 you so much.

The Ponzzz
12-24-2007, 02:08 AM
some pink and green soft elven-etched pewter runestones

Elvenlady
12-24-2007, 04:54 AM

That one has me all kinds of confused.

The Ponzzz
12-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Yea I saw the guy whip em out last night and was in shock that something so awful could exist in tiny form...

Misun
12-24-2007, 07:43 AM

It's like fuzzy dice that you hang from your rear view mirror.

thefarmer
12-24-2007, 08:55 PM
You see Foxs.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She is shorter than average. She has shimmering, mismatched light mauve and dark amethyst eyes and ebon skin. She has waist length, lustrous platinum hair drawn back from her face and bound in place by an interlocking silver ring circlet set with a flawless drake-shaped diamond. She has sharply-curved pointed ears. A diminutive and faint birthmark accents the side of her neck, its shape appearing almost purposeful and emblematic, but with no clues as to an origin. She is inked with an image of a triple moon surrounded by dark crimson stars upon her neck.
Her face is concealed by a bewitching spidersilk elven-crafted fox face facade.
She has a sigil-incised deep ebony half-ring in her right eyebrow, a thin black diamond ring in the upper ridge of her right ear, a thin dark diamond ring in the upper ridge of her left ear, a tattooed symbol of Eorgina on her chest, and a chain of intricate runes tattoo on her thigh.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a floor-length mourning veil, a tear-shaped black diamond necklace, a hooded dark spidersilk cloak, and some high-heeled black silk boots.

I'm sorry, but people with that much feature alteration work should die.

On top of the fact her birthmark is stupid.

7Seconds
12-24-2007, 09:04 PM
wow....

...just wow...

stabby stabby stabby stabby...gouge my eyes out...

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 09:04 PM
If her face is hidden, then why do we see the piercing in her right eyebrow?

Also, why is she running about nakid where you see her chest and thigh?

Finis

7Seconds
12-24-2007, 09:07 PM
the appearance of running around nude covered only by a mourning veil(which get me wrong but are usually made of a VERY sheer material) doesn't help the imagery much either...

oh wait, forgot about the cloak...it better stay shut.... cring....

LMingrone
12-24-2007, 09:24 PM
It's Foxs. We really shouldn't waste our time.

7Seconds
12-24-2007, 09:32 PM
just because I feel this character is such a completely abhorrent spectacle I will attempt to correct and smooth out said creatures apearance... here goes nothing...

You see Foxs with taste.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She is shorter than average. She has mismatched light mauve and dark amethyst eyes and ebon skin. She has waist length, lustrous platinum hair drawn back from her face by a set of interlocking silver rings set with a drake-cut diamond. She has sharply-curved pointed ears. A faint birthmark of diminutive size marks the side of her neck. A tattooed image of a triple moon surrounded by dark crimson stars is inked on her neck.
Her face is concealed by an elven-crafted spidersilk fox mask.
She has a thin black diamond ring in the upper ridge of her right ear, a thin dark diamond ring in the upper ridge of her left ear.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a floor-length mourning veil, a tear-shaped black diamond necklace, a hooded dark spidersilk cloak, a tie-dyed black and silver moo-moo, and some high-heeled black silk boots.

well it was worth a try any ways...

DCSL
12-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't even play and Foxs STILL manages to annoy me with her appearance.

7Seconds
12-24-2007, 09:49 PM
At least she isn't makeing your head want to explode IG any more... creeeepy that one...

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-25-2007, 02:55 AM
He is wearing a feather trimmed leather neckpouch, a cobweb-covered jet black spidersilk cloak edged with silver silk trim, a tightly woven spidersilk sack, a spidersilk loot bag, a billowing spidersilk cape intricately detailed with platinum thread...

He's wearing a cloak AND a cape...

<headwall>

Elvenlady
12-26-2007, 02:27 PM
a deeply-flanged black spidersilk shroud laden with scythed sanguine whorles and finely-cut bloodstones

CrystalTears
12-26-2007, 02:32 PM
IMO, if you have to seek out the dictionary to figure out what you're wearing, it sucks. :D

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
a deeply-flanged black spidersilk shroud laden with scythed sanguine whorles and finely-cut bloodstones

Isn't whorls mispelled? That reads like whore-ls to me, haha

Hips
12-26-2007, 04:49 PM
a wight skin shawl edged with bold sigils in deep crimson spidersilk

wight skin... the newest trend for this season's fashions!

CrystalTears
12-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I guess Michiko is saying that wight is wong. :D

Hips
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess Michiko is saying that wight is wong. :D

Hahaha, that was BAD.

McWhanger
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I doubt this one is in here yet:

some gore-spattered somber black battle plate embossed with a black ora symbol of V'tull covered in crimson runes.

No show, just the description, but egads.

Asha
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
some gore-spattered somber black battle plate embossed with a black ora symbol of V'tull covered in crimson runes

::shits pants out of fear::

ZING!

McWhanger
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
well, you cant expect me to read through all 153 pages of replies to see if its already been posted, but yeah, I guess that's about the reaction you need from that plate, either that or blindness

Amaron
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
a finely-crafted silver vultite shield emblazoned with an intricate lapis and malachite temple dancer

Tolwynn
12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
a mottled brown cloak draped with dozens of desiccated fish heads

Eat them up, yum!

Elvenlady
12-31-2007, 05:22 AM
Is it me or are alters actually getting worse not better these days, despite more stringent alter rules?

Take this for example, I gave a merchant the chance to wow me with an original design the other day, foolishly thinking it might actually be better than anything I could come up with, which is usually mediocre but acceptable. I got this ...

a bell-sleeved platinum crushed velvet gown hemmed with tendrils of moonstone-beaded fog

:wtf:

Latrinsorm
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah I saw that alter made but figured "fog" was some kind of fancy fashion term that I didn't know and not, you know, clouds of water vapor affixed to a garment.

CrystalTears
12-31-2007, 12:38 PM
fog2
–noun U.S. and British Dialect.
1.a second growth of grass, as after mowing.
2.long grass left standing in fields during the winter.

LOL! It doesn't make it any better.

Latrinsorm
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
long grass left standing in fields during the winter.I trust I'm not the only one who saw a double entendre here.

thefarmer
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
I assumed the fog was an indicator of what the hemming was supposed to depict.

Shows how much fashion I know.

CrystalTears
12-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Then pick a translucent material instead. Choosing to put beads on fog is just ridiculous.

Androidpk
12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
I trust I'm not the only one who saw a double entendre here.

Haha

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Is it me or are alters actually getting worse not better these days, despite more stringent alter rules?

Take this for example, I gave a merchant the chance to wow me with an original design the other day, foolishly thinking it might actually be better than anything I could come up with, which is usually mediocre but acceptable. I got this ...

a bell-sleeved platinum crushed velvet gown hemmed with tendrils of moonstone-beaded fog

The way I would have worded it..

a bell-sleeved platinum crushed velvet gown hemmed with fog-like tendrils of moonstone beading

As of right now, this merchant somehow miraculously stitched fog onto a gown.

Elvenlady
12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
The way I would have worded it..

a bell-sleeved platinum crushed velvet gown hemmed with fog-like tendrils of moonstone beading

As of right now, this merchant somehow miraculously stitched fog onto a gown.

Exactly, but even the way you reworked it, it's still bad ... I mean having tendrils and fog in the wording of a gown (made of 70s crushed velvet no less) is just wrong. I was too shocked and embarrassed to object and just left.

In hindsight I should have handed it back and said "Be serious!"

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank god I am not the only one who hates crushed velvet. The only velvet I actually particularly like in game is silken velvet, heh.

For me the bigger issue is that it's BEADING. Beads are heavy and substantial-- how the hell do you make it look fog-like? I almost used tendrils recently and I may very well use fog-like, but your materials have to make sense. Fog-like tendrils of sheer silk? Sure. Fog-like tendrils of chainmail? Eh, not so much, ha!

ViridianAsp
12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Crushed velvet is tacky imo.

Amaron
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I am tacky...

/le crie

a crushed white velvet pelisson lined with silver-tipped snowy fox fur

thefarmer
01-01-2008, 05:44 AM
You see Great Lord Zealaphanterror the Master Fletcher.
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He is shorter than average and appears to be in the prime of life. He has bright amber eyes and nut brown skin. He has chin length, silky jet black hair. He has a long face, a sharp nose and tucked pointed ears.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He has a black-and-blue right eye, and a scar across his face.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers a pair of dark ankle boots soled with stiff black leather, a pair of fitted black trousers embroidered with a design of soaring fiery-mawed dragons down the legs, a fiery red cloth satchel, a royal blue suede dice bag, a simple brown leather case, some black serpent-crested leathers, a soft black leather haversack, a soot black cloth harness, a thick cloth vest, a tiny stick figure pin, a turquoise-bound maoral Adventurer's Guild badge, an onyx and amber clasp, a fitted black cotton shirt, some cracked black-rimmed spectacles, a long black eyeball-print warcape with several threadbare holes in it, a vaalorn sleeping cat locket, a glyph-etched platinum necklace, a mithril leaf necklace, a moon and star-embroidered black silk wizard's hat, and a flawless gold ring.

Elvenlady
01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Dragons and serpents and eyeballs, oh my!

DCSL
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
All of that says to me, "He's dangerous." I wouldn't want to mess with him, nosir.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Some people really have hard-ons for the War stuff.

I want a peacebow and a peace cape.

:(

ViridianAsp
01-01-2008, 11:22 AM
And love beads, don't forget the love beads.

Elvenlady
01-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I want a peacebow and a peace cape.

:(

In crushed velvet?

Aasterinian
01-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Are these the external or internal variety?

Androidpk
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I'd be scared of anyone who wears a boot on their head.

ViridianAsp
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Are these the external or internal variety?

ewww external!

And on that note:

some supple black suede boots stamped with runes of stealth.

Friendpatine
01-02-2008, 03:40 PM
a long black eyeball-print warcape with several threadbare holes in it

Nothing more attractive than long black eyeballs.

B2
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
The new Capital One commercial.

The one guy is all "I'll put kittens on my card"

and his evil empire friend is all "WARKITTENS??"

and he's like "No, regular cats." or something.

But it made me think of gemstone. I should buy Jessa's kitten and try to alter it into a warkitten, using that commercial to establish my argument.

I have to wait until someone puts it on youtube tho :/

7Seconds
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Nothing more attractive than long black eyeballs.

speaking of eyeballs...

A many-eyed mesile staff

a multitude of eyes, varying in size, shape, and pigment have been fused to the surface of this staff. Some glazed over, some opaque in hue, and yet more that seem to follow your movements no matter the angle of your perspective.

oooh, eyeballs...

yesicj
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM

Made me think of those flashy fire-opal love charms.

Martaigne
01-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Made me think of those flashy fire-opal love charms.

Wow, flashback to the past, thank you.

Allereli
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
People are slacking! This reminds me of a boxing robe. I have no idea what the base is.

Durgrimst [Merchant]: "Belmes The ancient longcoat appears to be crafted from thick leather that over the years has been well worn and neglected, while the silver lining has been highly polished and meticulously maintained. On the back of the longcoat the picture of a mighty and proud Master Dwarf holding a massive maul and standing over the remains of his fallen enemies. Stitched across the shoulder blades is the name INGETUM."

FinisWolf
01-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I happen to enjoy murals on items that can carry them. It allows for a deeper picture in my minds eye.

I know when I put on my 501's, I am not all just "the stiching is great...w00t w00t", hell I ignore them, they are boring. To me, add the graphics, it makes the piece more interesting.

Finis

CrystalTears
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
As long as they are large items. People who have epic depictions on things like belts and rings drive me bats.

Allereli
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
While yes, they are "acceptable" alters in terms of getting made, I see it as the equivilent of walking around with one of those big black satin jackets with an Elvis depiction on it.

thefarmer
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
People are slacking! This reminds me of a boxing robe. I have no idea what the base is.

Durgrimst [Merchant]: "Belmes The ancient longcoat appears to be crafted from thick leather that over the years has been well worn and neglected, while the silver lining has been highly polished and meticulously maintained. On the back of the longcoat the picture of a mighty and proud Master Dwarf holding a massive maul and standing over the remains of his fallen enemies. Stitched across the shoulder blades is the name INGETUM."

Highly polished silver lining? Is it a leather on metal longcoat?

Durgrimst
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I will show you the final copy when it is done, That was a rough draft.

FinisWolf
01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
As long as they are large items. People who have epic depictions on things like belts and rings drive me bats.

Way way agreed!

Highly polished silver lining? Is it a leather on metal longcoat?

So it seems, which is not OOG by any means.

Finis

Khariz
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Not sure what I think of this:

This deadly claidhmore is crafted to perfection, a worthy weapon befitting a true warlord. Carved and perfectly tempered glaes forms the massive blade that ends at the top in a razor serration the likes of which would scare a boulder. Veil iron rings line the pommel, carved into deadly serpents shown devouring their own tails. The butt end of the weapon has been fashioned into a snake's head cast of silver, with dark rubies for eyes, it's mouth agape as if preparing to strike

7Seconds
01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
how do you scare a boulder?

Khariz
01-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that's the part I was concerned with.

How about this one?

The mithril claidhmore is well-honed to a razor fine edge on both sides, further lending to its already intimidating appearance. Etched directly in the center of the blade on either side is the image of a threateningly grimacing cracked skull. The pommel of the claidhmore is affixed with a large piece of ancient discolored ivory that is carved into the shape of a cracked white skull. Miniscule letters along the cross-guard read, "This is my last resort. If you see this, it's already too late.

7Seconds
01-08-2008, 07:06 PM
keeping more w/ the original...

This sword, formed from perfectly tempered glaes, has had one edge of its massive length chiseled into a twisted array of razor sharp serrations. As a braid of veil iron serpents one eating the tale of another entwines its hilt, and a ruby eyed silver snake head serves as a pommel.

B2
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
You'd have to get lucky to find a merchant who would take those veil iron gongs.

Khariz
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
You'd have to get lucky to find a merchant who would take those veil iron gongs.

It already has the veil iron in the alter. The above past was an ACTUAL claidhmore as it currently exists.

B2
01-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh. Heh. Well good!

I never look at people's show descriptions anyhow.

They could be copulating for all I care.

Nilandia
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh. Heh. Well good!

I never look at people's show descriptions anyhow.

They could be copulating for all I care.
Nooooooo! Not another copulation gown!

:spaz:

Gretchen

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
You work your way into some intricate black fighting leathers trimmed in gold with the image of a giantman weilding a claidhmore emblazoned on the front.

I win for both ugly and bad spelling. And I'm a halfling, so I win x2.

Savageheart
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
The desire to put images in action on armor and clothing of oneself or even those that might be their ancestors or some such silliness. I want you, to look at me, looking in a mirror, doing exactly what Im doing right now, or what I just was doing, cause this is what I do!

Stop putting pictures on armor/clothing/cloaks ect, runes ok... ancient languages fine... prancing unicorns MAYBE (lets face it unicorns are cool). Deity based articles aught to be tasteful of fear your god/dess will shove an appropriately manifested instrument of pain up your ass.

Although, I did 'emblaze the image of a stalking panther' on my armor a long time ago... I did that on chain <facepalm> I do still wear it, its HCP, but I feel dirty. The good thing about bad taste is that you can grow out of it, the bad thing about bad taste is that your friends will always remember and laugh at you.

Etching, Acid Etching Leather Tooling and Stitching are acceptable mediums to display graphics on armor... have you spent time thinking how some of these things would actually look though, especially on leather, you could probably etch some very nice images on plate.

CanadianLady
01-10-2008, 12:26 AM
a diamond-edged mithril death mask bearing haunted young elven features shrouded in perpetual brooding stillness

Might just be me, but I think this is hideous.

Beguiler
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
keeping more w/ the original...

This sword, formed from perfectly tempered glaes, has had one edge of its massive length chiseled into a twisted array of razor sharp serrations. As a braid of veil iron serpents one eating the tale of another entwines its hilt, and a ruby eyed silver snake head serves as a pommel.

Did you type that out from memory, or is that the actual description? Because the little spellchecker in my head cries to see.."serpents one eating the tale of another". TAIL, not TALE..<twitch>

Need coffee...

ViridianAsp
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
a diamond-edged mithril death mask bearing haunted young elven features shrouded in perpetual brooding stillness

Might just be me, but I think this is hideous.

Agreed and whoever made it needs to be shot....

Okay, not shot...maybe slapped.

Khariz
01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Did you type that out from memory, or is that the actual description? Because the little spellchecker in my head cries to see.."serpents one eating the tale of another". TAIL, not TALE..<twitch>

Need coffee...

I think that was an attempt on their part to correct the original some.

Elvenlady
01-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure it counts as one horrible alter or just a horrible combination on an even worse name.

You see Lady Medicatrixrayah the Pacifist.
She appears to be a Giant.
She is very tall and appears to be very young. She has long-lashed clear colored eyes and golden brown skin. She has very long, ringleted bright red hair swept back from the temples. She has a heart-shaped face, a freckled nose and deep laugh lines.
She has some minor cuts and bruises on her left leg, and some minor cuts and bruises on her right leg.
She has an old battle scar across her chest.
She is holding a mithglin shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a carved ivory skull earring, a ruby-eyed copper face pendant, a long coal black silk scarf, a hammered copper leaf pin, a gold-beaded red linen bodice, a pair of broken silver eyeglasses, a heavily soiled bandage, a silver lily pin, a green toadstool pin, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a badly stained ragged old bandage, a pair of diamond-clasped gloves, a pair of sleek black-tinted glasses, a gold and ruby-inlaid armband, a fang-fringed snakeskin backpack, some black diamond-trimmed leathers, some engraved invar armguards, a gold-traced sleek onyx bracelet, a limbless kitten skeleton bracelet, a dragon's-tear ruby band, a gold ruby-studded girdle with a drake stylized flame buckle, a red cotton rag, a medic bag, a glossy red sack, a pair of grey cotton trousers adorned with black scarabs, some crimson vultite leg guards, a hammered gold ankle cuff, some dark serpent-scaled boots, and a black tanik amulet.

And just how many ears and eyes does this woman have!

Crazy Bard
01-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Gemstone needs prescription glasses

Stanley Burrell
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure it counts as one horrible alter or just a horrible combination on an even worse name.

You see Lady Medicatrixrayah the Pacifist.
She appears to be a Giant.
She is very tall and appears to be very young. She has long-lashed clear colored eyes and golden brown skin. She has very long, ringleted bright red hair swept back from the temples. She has a heart-shaped face, a freckled nose and deep laugh lines.
She has some minor cuts and bruises on her left leg, and some minor cuts and bruises on her right leg.
She has an old battle scar across her chest.
She is holding a mithglin shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a carved ivory skull earring, a ruby-eyed copper face pendant, a long coal black silk scarf, a hammered copper leaf pin, a gold-beaded red linen bodice, a pair of broken silver eyeglasses, a heavily soiled bandage, a silver lily pin, a green toadstool pin, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a tiny blood red ruby earcuff shaped like a grinning skull, a badly stained ragged old bandage, a pair of diamond-clasped gloves, a pair of sleek black-tinted glasses, a gold and ruby-inlaid armband, a fang-fringed snakeskin backpack, some black diamond-trimmed leathers, some engraved invar armguards, a gold-traced sleek onyx bracelet, a limbless kitten skeleton bracelet, a dragon's-tear ruby band, a gold ruby-studded girdle with a drake stylized flame buckle, a red cotton rag, a medic bag, a glossy red sack, a pair of grey cotton trousers adorned with black scarabs, some crimson vultite leg guards, a hammered gold ankle cuff, some dark serpent-scaled boots, and a black tanik amulet.

And just how many ears and eyes does this woman have!

I can... Sort of envision the multiple glasses wearer as the compulsive always-amazed-and-cross-between-an-archaelogist-and-a-librarian type.

The silk scarf + girdle = kind of a throw-off.

7Seconds
01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
gnomes are the only ones that can get away with multipule glasses

Allereli
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
a thigh-length fathomless blue sundress - 2,375,000 silvers
The eye-catching cobalt coloration of the clingy fabric has been accented in icy tones of silver to make up the majority of this decidedly feminine garment. The thin platinum shoulder straps and low cut front of this flirtatious dress have been accentuated by tiny sparkling sapphires which flirt along the daringly cut neckline. The colorful chiffon and frothy quality of the material which hugs closely to its wearer's shapely form, further upholds the garment's audacious appeal.

Hips
01-16-2008, 06:24 PM
UDOTD: any and every dress made by faiyth.

diethx
01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
UDOTD: any and every dress made by faiyth.

x2

Nauriel
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Sabreon slings a Dreadnaught-crested shield with countless slightly hooked spikes over his shoulder.

Juat saw that one made at the merchant *gags*

TheWitch
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
That guy has no class, no taste, no brains, no anything.
Except the ability to MA and script his ass off and hardly ever get caught up in that trap of roleplaying while doing it.

Bravo, asshat.

Drew
01-18-2008, 02:03 AM
some gilded silver rolaren battle mail layered with curving golvern blades.

That strike anyone else as trying way too hard and awkwardly phrased?

thefarmer
01-18-2008, 06:45 AM
some wild viney woman-fitted leathers,

What exactly are these?

Nilandia
01-18-2008, 01:10 PM

What exactly are these?
Feminine armor. That's how it was off the rack.

Gretchen

thefarmer
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Does it look bad to anyone else or is it just me not knowing female gear?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
it'd be cool if there was man only armor with like "some muscular armature with a huge package" or "some dragonball-zesque armor with huge shoulder pads and extra padding for the junk"

thefarmer
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
......and extra padding for the junk"
:rofl:

CrystalTears
01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Feminine armor. That's how it was off the rack.

Gretchen
Does it fail should a male try to wear them? You know how GS is with the magic equipment and all.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Men can't wear the feminine armor. I'll be selling a few sets I have soon.

CrystalTears
01-18-2008, 02:47 PM
It's a horrible description all the same.

Ilvane
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
:wtf: kind of wording is wild viney??

Weird.

Elvenlady
01-18-2008, 03:45 PM

What exactly are these?

To think they vetoed my use of the noun bodysuit ... it beggars belief!

Stunseed
01-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Thoranios removes a shimmering cloak of indiscernable color that seems to have a life of its own from his shoulders.

If that cloak has a life of its own, it should strangle the wearer until he has no life of his own.

thefarmer
01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Wonder if that's one of Tsin's locker chars..

Stanley Burrell
01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
:wtf: kind of wording is wild viney??

Weird.

http://www.sirlin.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Colbert-truthiness.jpg

FinisWolf
01-22-2008, 03:25 AM
No idea if this has been posted already, I just saw it tonight. Ewww is all that comes to my mind.

XXX put an empath staff with "You Whine, You Bleed" carved in large letters in her green hooded cloak.

What is an "empath staff"? Is it made out of the flesh and bones of a long dead empath?

Finis

Beguiler
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
<shudder>

That's just...sick.

(Although my empath does rather understand and empathize with the sentiment.)

thefarmer
01-26-2008, 04:26 AM
He is taller than average and appears to be very young. He has sparkling argent-flecked emerald green eyes and fair skin. He has neck length, windblown vibrant platinum hair accented with a single veniom-beaded braid aligned with his right earlobe. He has a round face, a thin nose and slightly pointed ears. He has deeply-set laugh lines surrounding his perfectly proportioned mouth.
He has a ring of silver stars tattoo on his finger, a narrow horseshoe crab spike in his lip, a lightning bolt tattoo on his finger, a wailing banshee tattoo on his wrist, a blue mermaid tattoo on his arm, a drunken parrot tattoo on his ankle, an open magical tome tattoo on his neck, a rising phoenix tattoo on his neck, a burning flame tattoo on his neck, and a tattooed symbol of lumnis on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a pair of mithril-toed boots bound with veniom-threaded laces, some fine veniom-threaded britches traced with intricate symbols, an ancient veniom-banded mistwood scroll case adorned with swirls of mithglin runes, an intricately detailed veniom-threaded potion bag encased with whorls of white ora runes, a veniom-banded witchwood alchemy kit swirled at the edges with silver tracery, an intricately insigiled veniom-threaded belt supporting numerous hoarbeam compartments, a gold ring, a thick veniom wristcuff centered around an oversized white diamond, some vaalin-threaded elven leathers embossed with intricate runes, a symbol-embellished veniom-threaded backpack fastened with an intricate translucent crystal rune, a platinum-threaded spidersilk harness secured with a translucent crystal rune, a bulging veniom-threaded lootsack closed with an intricate translucent crystal rune, a ruby-inlaid mithglin button crafted in the shape of an old well, a twisted hemp knotwork brooch wrapped with polished veniom wire, a whorled veniom buckle accented with a deep blue mermaid's-tear sapphire, some polished vultite cufflinks swept with fine veniom tracing, a tiny pale winter rose, a carved hoarbeam symbol, a sparkling black mein key, a veniom-bound fireleaf Adventurer's Guild badge, an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest, a translucent crystal-clasped blue cloak intricately embroidered with runes, a rune-stitched platinum-threaded neckpouch trimmed with whorls of mithglin, a ruby amulet, an opaque glass amulet, some deathstone earrings, some mithril-framed glasses with darkly tinted lenses, and a veniom-threaded wizard's hat encircled with whorls of mistwood stars.

It's the gold ring that does it for me..

Elvenlady
01-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Do you think he likes veniom?

ViridianAsp
01-26-2008, 07:39 AM
There is a ring in that mess? I just stare at it and just see veniom and runes.

The Ponzzz
01-26-2008, 07:51 AM
I personally like...

an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest

thefarmer
01-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Individually, the pieces could be OK. Grouped with a thousand other like items, it just becomes a wall of suck.

mgoddess
01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
He is taller than average and appears to be very young. He has sparkling argent-flecked emerald green eyes and fair skin. He has neck length, windblown vibrant platinum hair accented with a single veniom-beaded braid aligned with his right earlobe. He has a round face, a thin nose and slightly pointed ears. He has deeply-set laugh lines surrounding his perfectly proportioned mouth.
He has a ring of silver stars tattoo on his finger, a narrow horseshoe crab spike in his lip, a lightning bolt tattoo on his finger, a wailing banshee tattoo on his wrist, a blue mermaid tattoo on his arm, a drunken parrot tattoo on his ankle, an open magical tome tattoo on his neck, a rising phoenix tattoo on his neck, a burning flame tattoo on his neck, and a tattooed symbol of lumnis on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a pair of mithril-toed boots bound with veniom-threaded laces, some fine veniom-threaded britches traced with intricate symbols, an ancient veniom-banded mistwood scroll case adorned with swirls of mithglin runes, an intricately detailed veniom-threaded potion bag encased with whorls of white ora runes, a veniom-banded witchwood alchemy kit swirled at the edges with silver tracery, an intricately insigiled veniom-threaded belt supporting numerous hoarbeam compartments, a gold ring, a thick veniom wristcuff centered around an oversized white diamond, some vaalin-threaded elven leathers embossed with intricate runes, a symbol-embellished veniom-threaded backpack fastened with an intricate translucent crystal rune, a platinum-threaded spidersilk harness secured with a translucent crystal rune, a bulging veniom-threaded lootsack closed with an intricate translucent crystal rune, a ruby-inlaid mithglin button crafted in the shape of an old well, a twisted hemp knotwork brooch wrapped with polished veniom wire, a whorled veniom buckle accented with a deep blue mermaid's-tear sapphire, some polished vultite cufflinks swept with fine veniom tracing, a tiny pale winter rose, a carved hoarbeam symbol, a sparkling black mein key, a veniom-bound fireleaf Adventurer's Guild badge, an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest, a translucent crystal-clasped blue cloak intricately embroidered with runes, a rune-stitched platinum-threaded neckpouch trimmed with whorls of mithglin, a ruby amulet, an opaque glass amulet, some deathstone earrings, some mithril-framed glasses with darkly tinted lenses, and a veniom-threaded wizard's hat encircled with whorls of mistwood stars.

It's the gold ring that does it for me..

LOL All that veniom crap and he still has room for mundane, non-veniom, non-runed crap.

CrystalTears
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
AND he's a boothead. :D

Elvenlady
01-27-2008, 03:52 PM
You see Lady Debie berrone the Noblewoman.
She appears to be a Giant of the Issimir Clan.
She appears to be senescent. She has brown eyes and fair skin. She has shoulder length, dark brown hair.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a rich-grained villswood runestaff in her right hand.
She is wearing a trilliant-cut green garnet pin, a visored helm, a sky blue cloak, a silver chrysalis, a glaes spider charm, a blue vultite Brigatta wristlet, a sprig of jasmine, a sprig of Imaera's Lace, a golden Leya ring, some waterproof canvas galoshes, a metal aventail, some silvered midnight black leathers, a tattered oilcloth coin pouch, a blue starstone necklace, a hazel leather pack, a lead-bound ceramic Adventurer's Guild badge, an intricate gold ring, and a tooled white starstone earcuff.

Not so much bad alters as bad ... where to begin!

Stanley Burrell
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Those galoshes are highwaters, damn. IT GONE TSUNAMI.

thefarmer
01-31-2008, 03:52 AM
You see Lord Fewen Xeall.
He appears to be a Giant.
He is average height and appears to be full grown. He has bloodshot steel grey eyes and pale skin. He has very long, matted steel grey hair. He has a gaunt face and sunken cheeks.
He has a pouncing kitten tattoo on his wrist, a sleeping kitten tattoo on his wrist, a cat paw tattoo on his neck, and a peg-legged cat tattoo on his wrist.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing some bronzed black leather brigandine, a pair of panther hide pants with a spotted leopard stitched into the seat, a sturdy dark leather gem pouch, a soft puma skin sack, a faded gold ring, a diamond kitten-clasped satchel, a jeweled onyx cat pin, a jade-clasped spidersilk cloak, a back quiver, and a solid vultite armband.

CrystalTears
01-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Haha, he has a cat face on his butt. Yikes that's awfully tacky.

Gnomad
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Thoranios removes a shimmering cloak of indiscernable color that seems to have a life of its own from his shoulders.

If that cloak has a life of its own, it should strangle the wearer until he has no life of his own.See, I'm torn.

On one hand, if the cloak has a life of it's own, hopefully it has the sentience to put itself out of its misery.

On the other hand, it's probably an endangered species, and should be protected. Maybe we could agree to giving the cloak and its host a pen in the back of the Solhaven Zoo. That'd probably work.

Gnomad
01-31-2008, 09:36 AM
I personally like...

an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vestI would love if that vest gave, at the very least, permanent water walking.

thefarmer
02-01-2008, 05:32 AM
You see Lady Shirocco Raweis the Brigand.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She appears to be in the flower of life. She has sultry dark eyes and olive skin. She has waist length, unruly jet black hair shaved at the temples. She has an oval face, a classical nose and a generous mouth.
She has a flaming blade tattoo on her thigh.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a veniom-hilted black rolaren long-knife in her right hand and a small black falchion encrusted with half-elven runes in her left hand.
She is wearing an elegant black brocade satchel, a crystal amulet, some dark suede fingerless gloves, a shadowy black weapons harness, a black silk climbing pack, some supple black hunting leathers, a shadowy black alloy lockpick case, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, some hammered ora coudieres, some supple black chausses, a gleaming alexandrite earcuff, and a shadowy black stalking cloak.

ViridianAsp
02-01-2008, 10:56 AM
*chuckles* It's....ENCRUSTED with runes...you know when I see that...I picture runes like alphabet fridge magnets stuck all over a falchion.

Celephais
02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
*chuckles* It's....ENCRUSTED with runes...you know when I see that...I picture runes like alphabet fridge magnets stuck all over a falchion.
It's funny on so many levels... they're half-elven runes... as if half-elves have some storied history that involves mysticism and not just some human boinking an elf. It's being used by a dark elf. (It'd be funnier that it's in the left hand if she was holding a shield in her right hand.) and of course the crustyness of it.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1722256/2/istockphoto_1722256_pizza_crust.jpg

thefarmer
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
It's funny on so many levels... they're half-elven runes... as if half-elves have some storied history that involves mysticism and not just some human boinking an elf. It's being used by a dark elf. (It'd be funnier that it's in the left hand if she was holding a shield in her right hand.) and of course the crustyness of it.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1722256/2/istockphoto_1722256_pizza_crust.jpg

Damn.

Now I want pizza!

Elvenlady
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
She has distant, gold-flecked snow white eyes and milky white skin.

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/527/distanteyesfp2.png

..?!

Elvenlady
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Ah okay, I can visualise it now, thanks!

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
:D

I feel sorta bad for that three-horned chameleon right now.

Nilandia
02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
You'd have to know the character, but it fits her perfectly.

Gretchen

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Gretchen

Uh-oh.

Am I going to catch yet another ass-walloping for referencing lizards in lieu of GemStone alterations? :scared2:

That emoticon has blue hair.

Asha
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM

Gretchen

I bet her name references snow in some way and she wears white and/or silver and she's distant and/or cold or hurt.

Magic.

Sylvan Dreams
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
The "distant" is questionable but the SNOW WHITE eyes is not?

DCSL
02-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Heh! Her name has no reference to snow, she doesn't wear a lot of white or silver. In fact, I think she prefers warm, neutral earth tones. Or she used to, anyway. If it's who I think it is, of course. And I don't believe those eyes were her own choice. She got them from a GM from a storyline.

Nilandia
02-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Heh! Her name has no reference to snow, she doesn't wear a lot of white or silver. In fact, I think she prefers warm, neutral earth tones. Or she used to, anyway. If it's who I think it is, of course. And I don't believe those eyes were her own choice. She got them from a GM from a storyline.
I don't know it was from a GM, but the character definitely has a story behind why her eyes are white. You're right in that she wears earth tones. I've been trying every so often to get her away from russet, but it's not really working.

Gretchen

DCSL
02-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Ah, if you recognize who I'm talking about then, yeah, it was from a GM. I know she was resisting getting any feature alters for a loooong time and then that incident happened and she was like, damn.

Allereli
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
You see XXXXXXXXXXXX the Weaponmaster.
He appears to be a Giant.
He is extremely tall even for a giant and appears to be as old as the hills. He has obsidian-traced piercing emerald green eyes and time-etched, burnished bronze skin. He has long, blended-cut rhimar-hued hair subtly twined with small beads made from obsidian shards. He has a finely chiseled face, a slender, slightly hooked nose and elegantly upswept ears with defined points. Standing out against his skin, an icy blue vein trails from his right eye, spreading into smaller, still visible veins across his lower cheek, and a small pale ivory birthmark, roughly in the shape of a dragon, rests just behind his right ear.

He has a plethora of randomly proportioned multi-colored dragon scales tattooed along the entire expanse of his face, and a snake coiled skull tattoo on his wrist.

He has severe head trauma and bleeding from the ears.

He is wearing a fine white starstone band, some blackened veniom cufflinks, a dragon-motif drinking horn, a horned obsidian dragon mask, some deathstone earrings, a polished rosewood heart locket, an ironwood rampant dragon insignia, a sandstone Willow Hall pin, a lightly charred silk vest, a Lorminstra badge, a gnarled blackthorn key on a dull silver chain, some tooled sanguine silver gauntlets encapsulating the forearms in a thick barrier of dragon-like scale and blackened spikes, a dark mithril coiled dragon pin, a veniom-trimmed black spidersilk surcoat with a scythed sanguine toy dragon peering out from within a pouch, a braided sanguine spidersilk warpack with a jade green toy baby dragon peering out from underneath the flap, a ruby-eyed obsidian dragon ring, a silver-veined war cincture with a thick barrier of faux dragon scale, a tightly woven spidersilk sack, a pair of vultite-toed boots covered in shining greyish-green glaes scales, a sanguine spidersilk backpack with chain-linked bone sinches and a one-eyed toy dragon peering out from underneath a ruby-clasped flap, a deeply-flanged black spidersilk shroud laden with scythed sanguine whorles and finely-cut bloodstones, an armored tiger-claw harness, some dragon-set golvern battle plate, a sanguine spidersilk hip-satchel with a miniature orange dragon woven into the flap, and a bejeweled dragon-shaped talisman.

CrystalTears
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Dragon fetish much? Holy crow.

Dragon scale tattoos on his face??

How the hell are we going to see a pale ivory birthmark behind his ear with long hair?? I hope he whips his beaded hair hard enough that he beads himself in the face.

DCSL
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
For some reason, my boyfriend and I just can't stop laughing at hoping he "beads himself in the face." High-larious!

Shari
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
ZOMG QUICK, WHAT'S HER PROFESSION!?

You see Jooniper Kindlemae.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be in the prime of life. She has darkly-lashed, vibrant honey-hued eyes and radiant, petal-soft apricot skin. She has silvery, blonde hair that tumbles softly over her shoulders in a cascade of bouncing curls. She has a freckle-sprayed, button nose and soft, naturally rosy lips.
She has some tiny bunny paw prints circling her wrist, and a sweet snowy bunny tattoo on her thigh.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some white diamond-eyed ruby nosed bunny slippers with tiny jingle bells sewn into each long fuzzy ear, a fine azure veniom anklet with tiny diamond bunny charms hanging from small silver hoops, a soft pure white leather satchel, a slender veniom-link waistchain with a small diamond bunny charm dangling from each link, a fuzzy bunny finger puppet, a warm oversized nightshirt, some soft white bunny paw mittens edged with blue ribbons, some white fluffy bunny ears lined with pink silk and edged in diamond dust, a deep azure rose, a thin moonlight white ribbon, some sheer white gossamer leggings, a furry flop-eared bunny button, a blue diamond bunny barrette, a well-traveled veniom stitched cloak, a thin silken azure ribbon suspending an intricate piece of bunny-carved amber, and a hammered sterling silver bracelet set with a sparkly blue bunny-shaped diamond.

TheEschaton
02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing that from the ridiculously cutsy name, and the bunnies....sorcie!

Methais
02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Jooniper's a bard.

Here's my horrible alter:

A golden triple delta band
The thick gold of this band supports a striking geometric setting. One large triangle is composed of three smaller delta symbols joined to each other at the tips, leaving a fourth perfect triangle in the center. Inscribed on the triangles, one to each, are the words "Courage," "Wisdom" and "Power." On the inside of the band, a flowing engraving reads "Triforce."

:lol:

thefarmer
02-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Methais wins with the Triforce ring.

Praefection
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

Adrowynne offers Nightvision an amazing human-made forging apron emblazoned with ancient Tehir tribe runes pierced with tiny rhimar thorns.

Misun
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

Adrowynne offers Nightvision an amazing human-made forging apron emblazoned with ancient Tehir tribe runes pierced with tiny rhimar thorns.

You beat me to it!

What if I don't think it's sooo amazing?! :wtf2:

Blushy
02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
You don't think it's amazing that

a) someone altered a forging apron

and

b) emblazed it with ancient runes

and

c) covered it with uncomfortable rhimar porcupinery

?

You, my friend, are hard to amaze.

Misun
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
You don't think it's amazing that

a) someone altered a forging apron

and

b) emblazed it with ancient runes

and

c) covered it with uncomfortable rhimar porcupinery

?

You, my friend, are hard to amaze.

Yes, yes I am....but give me a Monk thread and I'm easily amused. ;)

Kayse
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

.........Wow.

Amaron
02-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Isn't it illegal to use rhimar in alters now.... doesn't it flare?

So flaring porcupinery? Umm ouch?

J

ViridianAsp
02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

*sighs* What would you expect from someone named "Nightvision" anyway?

Tolwynn
02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Some characters should probably just be retired as far as posting about in this thread, because like in this case above, every alter they manage to get squeezed out is going to be at least equally heinous, if not somehow worse.

Stanley Burrell
02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING! :O

SayGoodbye
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
a dark cape of vaporous spidersilk that seems to elude the eye

diethx
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
a dark cape of vaporous spidersilk that seems to elude the eye

:shit:

Hips
02-19-2008, 10:03 PM
a silvery-laced ebon silk bodice set with small diamond-cut unicorns along the front
a diamond traced onyx bracelet adorned with a golden empath mounted on a silver unicorn

DCSL
02-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Tapestry alters make baby Mularos cry.

Tolwynn
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
You'd think baby Mularos would actually enjoy the suffering, though.

Allereli
02-20-2008, 12:33 AM
a diamond traced onyx bracelet adorned with a golden empath mounted on a silver unicorn

it would be awesome if the empath and unicorn were the other way around

DCSL
02-20-2008, 12:46 AM
You'd think baby Mularos would actually enjoy the suffering, though.

That's why there're so many hideous tapestry alters, as homage and dedication to Mularos. It's how Mularosians identify each other when they're still in the closet from the rest of the world.

Nilandia
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Saw this last night.

an exquisite forest green cloak covered with intertwining vines of ivy, embroidered with a motif of beautiful golden butterflies, some perched on ivy vines while others appear in full flight

Gretchen

Xiandrena
02-20-2008, 11:22 AM
an exquisite forest green cloak covered with intertwining vines of ivy, embroidered with a motif of beautiful golden butterflies, some perched on ivy vines while others appear in full flight

CrystalTears
02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
It's not THAT bad. Of course if she's wearing a slew of other butterfly things instead of solid colored things to even it out, then yeah, tacky central.

Irsila
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Not that bad? Come on, it's way too long to be in good taste. And besides, insects in plurality (as adornment) is just wrong. If it were exquisite in the LEAST, it wouldn't have all that horrid embellishment.

Kayse
02-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I agree...its bad. It doesn't flow either which makes me not want to read it.

Praefection
02-21-2008, 05:29 AM
a pair of sacred white sandals clasped with dark ceremonial holy symbols.

Ummm, okay.

Stanley Burrell
02-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Saw this last night.

Gretchen

Good GADS.

I'd add something like, "With each knee-deep pocket sinuo-lavish-seductively stuffed full of potting soil, giving rise to barely macroscopic flora, which flowerlishly careens its way into the wild viney part of the first sentence."

"...With a Luukosian beard."

CrystalTears
02-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Saw this last night.

Gretchen
Okay wait... is that the actual item or the show? I assumed it was the show.

Im my defense, when I said not that bad, I meant that in comparison to the other horrendous things posted here, this is pretty tame. :D

Nilandia
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
That's the actual item that I saw when I looked at the person.

Gretchen

CrystalTears
02-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Ah okay, then yeah, that was bad. I didn't even know you could alter an item to have that kind of separation in an alter.

Nilandia
02-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Commas are no longer allowed in alterations. Either it was made a long time ago, or the GM had absolutely no clue about the rules.

Gretchen

Methais
02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Commas are no longer allowed in alterations. Either it was made a long time ago, or the GM had absolutely no clue about the rules.

Gretchen

Most GMs these days are pretty clueless about most things in GS, be it mechanics, policy, or how to defend yourself when being attacked by someone armed with a piece of fresh fruit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZqx30OvVs

Nilandia
02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Most GMs these days are pretty clueless about most things in GS, be it mechanics, policy, or how to defend yourself when being attacked by someone armed with a piece of fresh fruit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZqx30OvVs
Least I know how to defend myself against a pointed stick.

Gretchen

Hips
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
an elven wand harness embroidered with disgusting images of hideous ghastly shrunken heads

Sylvan Dreams
02-24-2008, 12:00 PM
She appears to be a Sylvankind of the Kytawa D'ahranal.
She is average height and appears to be young and sprightly. She has dazzling, long-lashed jade green eyes and smooth sun-kissed fair skin. She has waist length, silky sun-kissed honey blonde hair pulled over one shoulder and gathered loosely with a dainty little barrette. She has a delicate face and a light smattering of freckles on her perfectly proportioned nose. She has dainty ears sweeping up to a slight point and soft, naturally pink-hued lips.
She has a delicate lily tattoo on her ankle, a tiny pair of birds nestled lovingly on a branch above the word "Swallows" tattooed on her wrist, a gem-encrusted star stud in her right nostril, and a series of tiny golden rings set along the slender tips of her pointed ears

I'm not the only one that got a giggle from that, am I?

Khariz
02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
No, you most certainly are not.

I've had to resist asking her more than once if I could get the swallowing special too.

Tolwynn
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=306

And for you poor bastards working on a Sunday, a lot of the attendant site is pretty much NSFW.

ViridianAsp
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
stupid, but yes, I've giggled at it as well.

Hips
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
a rugged black eagle-feathered cloak embroidered with an image of a man running off with bags of gold,

SayGoodbye
02-26-2008, 10:50 PM
How do you embroider eagle feathers, exactly?

Sylvan Dreams
02-26-2008, 11:01 PM

The cloak is embroidered and the eagle feathers are layered over it?

SayGoodbye
02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Wouldn't eagle feathers layered over embroidery hide said embroidery? I'm just saying.. I'm picturing feathers with rhinestones on them.. Like someone took a bejeweler to them.

Sylvan Dreams
02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Wouldn't eagle feathers layered over embroidery hide said embroidery? I'm just saying.. I'm picturing feathers with rhinestones on them.. Like someone took a bejeweler to them.

No, cause the layered clothing system was nuked!

Otherwise, how could anyone see you're wearing a bodice under your armor?

Or something like that.

SayGoodbye
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
No, cause the layered clothing system was nuked!

Otherwise, how could anyone see you're wearing a bodice under your armor?

Or something like that.

That argument would work if the garment in question was in fact two garments layered over each other..

Blushy
02-27-2008, 02:36 PM

It's not an "eagle feather" cloak, but an "eagle feathered" cloak, which I suppose just means it has some eagle feathers on it somewhere, like a fringe or something.

Not that I'm defending the alter. It's heinous.

Hips
02-27-2008, 10:59 PM
a grey Faendryl-crafted neckerchief embroidered with a black widow on top of a cookie

LMingrone
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1245/spidercookietj7.jpg

DCSL
02-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Idnat cute? BUT IT'S WRONG.

thefarmer
02-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Pharadus slings a dwarven-sized battle harness with a skunk tail dangling from the side off from over his shoulder.

7Seconds
03-01-2008, 12:33 AM
spider chip cookies...yum

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-01-2008, 02:57 AM
a grey Faendryl-crafted neckerchief embroidered with a black widow on top of a cookie

What kind of badass this person must be, to wear a NECKERCHIEF to begin with! L33t

Blushy
03-01-2008, 10:25 AM
What kind of badass this person must be, to wear a NECKERCHIEF to begin with! L33t

Is that Oravia? On one hand, she's all cookied out, but on the other hand she tends to not be retarded, too.

Hips
03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
nah, it was some guy head-to-toe in BLACK SPIDER COOKIE DEATHNESS

Tolwynn
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/laridian/neckerchief.gif

'The only mystery here is why we take our cues from a dick in a neckerchief.'

Hips
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
a gossamer black skirt covered with embroidered images of misshapen, clawing demons,

Latrinsorm
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Michiko, there are easier ways to tell us your character is pregnant. When is the misshapen, clawing bundle of text joy due?

SayGoodbye
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Michiko, there are easier ways to tell us your character is pregnant. When is the misshapen, clawing bundle of text joy due?

lol

Hips
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
a floor-length silver flecked forest green velvet cloak edged with a silver braid clasped with a sprig of ivy vine made from silver and folded back to reveal the ivory satin inner lining

NocturnalRob
03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
a floor-length silver flecked forest green velvet cloak edged with a silver braid clasped with a sprig of ivy vine made from silver and folded back to reveal the ivory satin inner lining

good. lord. overkill much? i've never seen so many prepositions in a description before.

Praefection
03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
You see Synns D'Maluus the Deceiver.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be very young. He has silver-flecked soulless black eyes and fair skin. He has shoulder length, straight blue-black hair. He has a classical nose and slightly pointed ears.
He has a black rose tattoo on his wrist, a mottled dark deathstone spike in the upper ridge of his left ear, and a chain of intricate runes tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an ancient black carmiln staff inlaid with fire opal studded sorcerous runes in his right hand.
He is wearing a glossy black rose, a dark grey alchemy bag, a hazy glass ring, a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, a string of black prayer beads, a silk-threaded black stave harness, a deep black velvet bag swept with silver sigils, a crystal and rhimar thumb ring, a slim mithril charm bracelet, some crimson trimmed black boots, some shadowy black sorcerers battle-leathers tooled with a ruby-eyed grinning demon on the right breast, a rune-etched thick midnight black onyx armband, some fingerless dark leather gloves, a vaalin-trimmed leather wand harness, a silver-tipped deep black needle, a small onyx skull pin, a dark silver-buttoned vest with fraying armholes, some black leather pants, a floor-length black mesh summoners longcoat adorned with dozens of Vaalin buckles, and a black bandana.

Check out his eyes, staff, leathers and longcoat. God damn we get the idea.

SayGoodbye
03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Hm.. maybe I have bad taste but I don't view those as really bad alters..

Latrinsorm
03-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I think we all know the #1 improvement to that outfit.

some soleless crimson trimmed black boots

thefarmer
03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
The mithril charm bracelet better have scary looking demon charms on it...

Hips
03-24-2008, 08:49 PM
a forest green vest embroidered with a lone ranger locked in mortal combat with a band of troll kings

NocturnalRob
03-24-2008, 08:51 PM
a forest green vest embroidered with a lone ranger locked in mortal combat with a band of troll kings

where's tonto?

LadyLaphrael
03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
where's tonto?

More importantly, where the hell is Liu Kang?
Did it belong to Shaang Tsung by chance?

Deathravin
03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
FINISH HIM!!!!

NocturnalRob
03-25-2008, 12:27 PM
More importantly, where the hell is Liu Kang?
Did it belong to Shaang Tsung by chance?

hahaha...good point. i went with the obvious one.

http://www.8bucksproductions.com/CageFriendship.jpg

Stanley Burrell
03-25-2008, 12:32 PM

NOOOO!!

http://www.picosphere.com/335.bmp

Christopher Lambert must die with honor! :'(

LadyLaphrael
03-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Johnny Cage has to go with a Friendship against troll kings because he knows they'll continue to struggle for life if he tries for the fatality.

Hips
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Crylone taps an ale-hued wedding band engraved with a sultry half-elven empath holding a calico kitten that he is wearing.

roller81
03-26-2008, 01:16 AM
I wanted to get an alter of those teleport boots to be a pair of 'boots of escaping', wasnt allowed though

Asile
03-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Crylone taps an ale-hued wedding band engraved with a sultry half-elven empath holding a calico kitten that he is wearing.

By the time I got to the end of that mess, I almost thought that the empath was a sultry male wearing a held calico kitten! And just how big is that band anyway? Maybe I should try to get images of our menagerie (1 dog, 2 cats) engraved on my husband's wedding band... his is pretty wide... [/sarcasm]

CrystalTears
03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Ugh! I hate depictions on a ring. You could probably get away with it as a show (since I had a little computer on my class ring), but just as the standard item? OMG no.

Sylvan Dreams
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Ugh! I hate depictions on a ring. You could probably get away with it as a show (since I had a little computer on my class ring), but just as the standard item? OMG no.

I don't really understand why depictions on anything are so common. I don't walk around with pictures of Jesus on my purse or bunny-shaped gems on my jeans.

Well, on the bunny-shaped gems, it's probably because I don't have a Bedazzler.

CrystalTears
03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't really understand why depictions on anything are so common. I don't walk around with pictures of Jesus on my purse or bunny-shaped gems on my jeans.
I don't get the fascination either. My rogue has kittens on some of her stuff, but not detailed anything, just cats. But these things of people standing amoung a horde of dead things in front of a sunset on a cloudy day in a field of lilies on a belt buckle? No, doesn't compute.

Well, on the bunny-shaped gems, it's probably because I don't have a Bedazzler.
Heh, that made me gaffaw.

Nilandia
03-27-2008, 01:12 PM

Same. I never did get the impulse to put pictures on everything. A cloak with the image of an empath healing the wounded? A pouch with the image of a cleric praying to Imaera? Uh... what?

The best idea I can come up with is that people want to advertise their character concept or what is important to them, so they put pictures of it on their clothes. It's like a walking scrapbook or billboard of their lives.

Gretchen

That Jay
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Droz: What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

thefarmer
03-27-2008, 11:07 PM
a patched canvas tobacco pouch stitched with a plow-harnessed mule team, an ironwood flask inlaid with a vaalorn plow

Nothing wrong with a few long descriptions.

Not that I particularly care about fashion sense with my main.

CrystalTears
03-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I want that pouch.

ViridianAsp
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I think simple descriptions are fine, but when people go the whole nine yards on it...it becomes ridiculous and the same one over and over on EVERYTHING.

Over used themes...and depictions. That what bugs me most.

Hips
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
a backlaced tightly-fitted bodice embroidered with the image of a broken white skull entwined with a black rose bearing a single thorn adorned with a crimson blood drop

LadyLaphrael
03-31-2008, 12:36 AM
a backlaced tightly-fitted bodice embroidered with the image of a broken white skull entwined with a black rose bearing a single thorn adorned with a crimson blood drop

There's a crimson blood drop on the thorn on the rose on the skull on the bodice on the woman sitting next to the frog on the log....
...and the green grass grows all around, and the green grass grows all around.

Allereli
03-31-2008, 12:44 AM
There's a crimson blood drop on the thorn on the rose on the skull on the bodice on the woman sitting next to the frog on the log....
...and the green grass grows all around, and the green grass grows all around.

"I want a tattoo of a butt, on my butt, with a tattoo of a butt on it. A huh huh, huh huh"

CrystalTears
03-31-2008, 08:50 AM
I want a tattoo of myself only taller.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Droz: What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

Can you blow me where the pampers is?

thefarmer
03-31-2008, 12:52 PM
I want that pouch.

Nuh uh.

You tap a Farmer's guild tattoo that you are wearing.
>l farm tat
Boldly inked in black are the words, "Founding Member" beneath the symbol.

You tap a dusty equipment harness with a golvern alloy-edged hoe and a golvern alloy-edged shovel strapped to it that you are wearing.
>l shov
You see nothing unusual.
>l my shov
Carved from a thick length of ironwood, and carefully polished to display the natural whorls and lines in the grain, the tool looks heavy and sturdy enough to survive the rigors of farm work. The grey-brown wood has been wrapped with strips of protective canvas, forming a comfortable handhold. Reinforced in golvern alloy, the shovel blade looks strong enough for the toughest of challenges. Etched in the flat of the blade is the the mark of the Farmer's guild and the words "Founding Member" below it. The shovel is surrounded by a scintillating red light.
>l hoe
With a haft crafted from thick length ironwood and strengthened by carefully placed smooth iron bands, the steel-bladed hoe appears to be in good working condition. Polished to a dark brown sheen, the natural whorls of the wood grain are visible beneath the thick iron circles. A thick edging of golvern alloy adds a touch of bright embellishment to the blade. The only other adornment is a sigil of alloy inlay on the end of the ironwood pole, displaying the mark of the Farmer's Guild. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
>

thefarmer
03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
You see Lord Mysic Singster.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He is tall and appears to be advanced in years. He has sparkling crystal green eyes and tanned skin. He has shoulder length, shiny jet black hair streaked with silver. He has a weathered face, a classical nose and broad shoulders.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a dragonfire opal hatpin, a shimmering flame-red velvet gem pouch embroidered with tiny golden veniom threaded music notes, a shimmering silver chain bracelet, a snoozing sapphire dragon clasp, a shimmertine shard clasp, a shimmering silver scarf, a gold ring, a golden lute-shaped pin expertly inset with a myriad of miniature emerald musical notes, a shimmering flame-red satin cloak emblazoned across the back with a soaring fire-breathing dragon, a brass-latched instrument case, some shimmering aqua green robes, a half-sized burnished hummingbird, a shimmering flame-red satin top hat embroidered with tiny silver musical notes, a pearl-inlaid silver flask, a ruby-throated hummingbird amulet, a delicate dragonmist earring, an intricate dragonmist ring, some shimmering opaline prayer beads, a shimmering moon opal hairpin, a shimmering glaesine orb, a shimmering silver link belt, a shimmering golden scarf, a shimmering firestone clasp, a shimmering deep blue mithril shield embossed with a pure white rose, some shimmering sapphire hairjewels, a shimmering amethyst bracelet, a shimmering blue diamond necklace, an onyx-clasped white leather pouch, a veniom-tipped carved ivory hatpin, and a translucent spidersilk backpack clasped with a shimmering faceted violet blazestar musical note.
>

ViridianAsp
04-01-2008, 01:32 AM
You see Lord Mysic Singster.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He is tall and appears to be advanced in years. He has sparkling crystal green eyes and tanned skin. He has shoulder length, shiny jet black hair streaked with silver. He has a weathered face, a classical nose and broad shoulders.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a dragonfire opal hatpin, a shimmering flame-red velvet gem pouch embroidered with tiny golden veniom threaded music notes, a shimmering silver chain bracelet, a snoozing sapphire dragon clasp, a shimmertine shard clasp, a shimmering silver scarf, a gold ring, a golden lute-shaped pin expertly inset with a myriad of miniature emerald musical notes, a shimmering flame-red satin cloak emblazoned across the back with a soaring fire-breathing dragon, a brass-latched instrument case, some shimmering aqua green robes, a half-sized burnished hummingbird, a shimmering flame-red satin top hat embroidered with tiny silver musical notes, a pearl-inlaid silver flask, a ruby-throated hummingbird amulet, a delicate dragonmist earring, an intricate dragonmist ring, some shimmering opaline prayer beads, a shimmering moon opal hairpin, a shimmering glaesine orb, a shimmering silver link belt, a shimmering golden scarf, a shimmering firestone clasp, a shimmering deep blue mithril shield embossed with a pure white rose, some shimmering sapphire hairjewels, a shimmering amethyst bracelet, a shimmering blue diamond necklace, an onyx-clasped white leather pouch, a veniom-tipped carved ivory hatpin, and a translucent spidersilk backpack clasped with a shimmering faceted violet blazestar musical note.
>

I so want to see this person with one of my characters, cover their eyes and scream.

"MY EYES, OH SWEET MERCIFUL ZELIA! THE SHIMMERS.. THE SHIMMERS!"

petroglyph
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
You see Devix Nightsin the Forestwalker.
She appears to be an Illistim Elf.
She is tall and appears to be in the flower of life. She has brooding silver eyes and deeply-veined, ashen grey skin. She has long, dirty black hair with ghastly white streaks that has been rolled up into a well shaped bun to make it resemble a large black spider.
She has an angular face, a classical nose and a jagged scar across her lower lip. She is inked with a pattern of interwoven crimson thorned vines upon her face.
She has a series of deathstone black widow-shaped rings inset with ruby hourglasses in her lip, a series of tiny golden rings set along the slender tips of her pointed ears, a long-legged black spider tattoo on her ear, a crimson hourglass tattoo on her wrist, a spider web tattoo on her neck, a tattooed symbol of Arachne on her wrist, a black widow tattoo on her neck, and a black angel tattoo on her ear.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a barbed glaes composite bow etched with spidery runes in her left hand.
She is wearing some ancient priestess' boots, a barbed anklet clasped with an obsidian black widow, a cobwebbed petrified egg sac covered with a myriad of onyx black widow spiders, a cobweb covered treasure bag embroidered with tiny black spiders, an emerald signet ring etched with a gilden willow tree, a silver and ruby ring, a wickedly barbed bracer clasped with eight ruby and platinum hourglass buckles, some Arachne-crested brigandine inset with innumerable chaotic diamond cobwebs, a web-covered weapons harness with a silver spider closure, a glossy black leather corset stitched with a ruby red hourglass of cobweb satin, a carved obsidian crow pin, a web-etched clasp, a midnight black jacket, a black widow spider pin, a vaalin-swept illthorn leaf pin, a platinum-bound maoral Adventurer's Guild badge, a webbed black leather thigh-quiver adornd with tiny obsidian black widows, some onyx-eyed silver spider hairpins, some web-etched black combat gloves, a garnet Arachne symbol, a white spider lily, a black armband, a glossy black ankle length longcoat, a cord-strung suede talisman pouch embossed with a russet fox, some blood red prayer beads enameled with black widow spiders, a chain of black onyx spiders, and a sparkling alexandrite earcuff.

I'm all for wacky hairstyles, but. . .no. Just, no.

We got that you liked spiders after the first tattoo. Really.

Praefection
04-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Ow, my eyes.

He appears to be an Elf.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a veniom-threaded wizard's hat encircled with whorls of mistwood stars, some mithril-framed glasses with darkly tinted lenses, a ruby amulet, an opaque glass amulet, a rune-stitched platinum-threaded neckpouch trimmed with whorls of mithglin, an intricately enruned pure veniom mage's wand vest, a ruby-inlaid mithglin button crafted in the shape of an old well, a twisted hemp knotwork brooch wrapped with polished veniom wire, a whorled veniom buckle accented with a deep blue mermaid's-tear sapphire, a veniom-bound fireleaf Adventurer's Guild badge, a sparkling black mein key, a carved hoarbeam symbol, a tiny pale winter rose, some polished vultite cufflinks swept with fine veniom tracing, a platinum-threaded spidersilk harness secured with a translucent crystal rune, a bulging veniom-threaded lootsack closed with an intricate translucent crystal rune, a symbol-embellished veniom-threaded backpack fastened with an intricate translucent crystal rune, some vaalin-threaded elven leathers embossed with intricate runes, a thick veniom wristcuff centered around an oversized white diamond, a gold ring, an intricately insigiled veniom-threaded belt supporting numerous hoarbeam compartments, an ancient veniom-banded mistwood scroll case adorned with swirls of mithglin runes, a veniom-banded witchwood alchemy kit swirled at the edges with silver tracery, an intricately detailed veniom-threaded potion bag encased with whorls of white ora runes, some fine veniom-threaded britches traced with intricate symbols, and a pair of mithril-toed boots bound with veniom-threaded laces.

DCSL
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I love how his braid floats around.

diethx
04-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I love how his braid floats around.

I don't think it floats. I think windblown just means messy?

CrystalTears
04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think it floats. I think windblown just means messy?
Yep, just means messy.

Although I will say that sometimes I see a description of windblown has a bit of a double standard. Seeing it for a woman's hairstyle means to some "ooh sexy cause it's all over the place", the longer the hair the better. However men, especially short hair, sporting windblown just means they're all messy. At least that's how I perceive it.

CrystalTears
04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
And can I say that I can't STAND outfits like that spider up there, or people who wear all orange. I can understand having a theme where a certain animal, color, bug is part of a small percentage of items you're wearing. But when nearly everything has a scarab, or a spider, or everything being all one single color? OMG don't people visualize this stuff in their head at all?

Hips
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I think she meant because of the veniom. Supposedly pure veniom floats, or whatever.

DCSL
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah. I meant because of the veniom. I know what windblown means. >_<

Allereli
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
another "ok, we get the point already" character:

You see Buen Assters the Butcher.
He appears to be a Dwarf of the Krethuum Clan.
He appears to be old. He has deep-set silver eyes and ruddy skin. He has raggedly cut, tied back auburn hair with a large bald spot. He has a weathered face, a crooked nose and a thick mustache and beard.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a dirty rat fur hat, a flea-infested knapsack pieced together from assorted mangy grey rat skins, a scratched silver monocle, a crystal amulet, a grey vultite shield, a bedraggled rat fur armband, a gornar-bound kobold skin Adventurer's Guild badge, an artic titan toe clasp, some silvery vultite cufflinks, a silver sovyn clove beard clip, a silver-banded quartz stickpin, a flea-infested rat fur vest, a ragged blood-stained leather arm bracer, a silver dwarven wand belt, a dusty brown locksmith's toolkit, a golden imflass scroll tube, a flea-infested rat fur kilt, a pair of flea-infested boots, a pale crystal shard, a blue black glaesine orb, a White Haven bear head pin, a tiny invar volcano pin, a flea-infested kobold skin cloak, a furry flea-bitten rolton, a faded gold ring, and some aproned blood-stained brigandine.

CrystalTears
04-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Good grief.

You see Ana.
She appears to be a Human.
She is very tall and appears to be in the prime of life. She has emerald lashed, brilliant cobalt green eyes and pale skin. She has shoulder length, wavy sandy blonde hair tied into a loose ponytail with an emerald green scarf. She has a freckled nose and full, silken lips and tiny dimples. Below her left eye is a small, dark birthmark that oddly resembles a poison ivy leaf.
She has a braided blond ponytail, a conspicuous blond human tattoo on her wrist, a small empath tattoo on her neck, and a little green dot tattoo on her forehead.
She has a fractured and bleeding left arm, minor cuts and bruises on her abdominal area, and some minor cuts and bruises on her right arm.
She has a mangled right arm, old battle scars on her right leg, old battle scars on her right hand, an old battle scar across her chest, several painful-looking scars across her abdominal area, an old battle scar across her back, and a scar across her neck.
She is bleeding slightly from the left arm.
She is holding an empath staff with "You Whine, You Bleed" carved in large letters in her right hand.
She is wearing a tourmaline inset platinum bracelet, a soft fuzzy green hat with little untied ear flaps, a soft emerald green hooded cloak, a black regal griffin insignia, a fuzzy green tail with singed ends, an emerald green satin bodice with small shadowy figures peeking from behind the lacing, an invar-bound granite Adventurer's Guild badge, a droopy-eyed amber hued lizard, a deep pink scarf, a silvery service medal, some green leathers dyed the exact shade of unripe bananas, a poison green wristlet inset with a tiny emerald, an emerald engagement ring, an emerald satchel stitched with "Green Stones Only Please" on the flap, an emerald green flask with "ANA" inscribed on the front, a poison green sack clearly marked "non-green stuff", an emerald green satin skirt embroidered with little assassin figures running around the hem, a delicate green sapphire infused anklet, and a pair of poison green slippers.

StrayRogue
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Ana is awesome.

CrystalTears
04-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Not judging the character, just the awful ensemble.

Nilandia
04-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Cobalt green eyes? I thought cobalt was blue.

Gretchen

diethx
04-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Cobalt green eyes? I thought cobalt was blue.

Gretchen

Cobalt IS blue. The only way that would make sense, is if there were a hyphen in between them.

SayGoodbye
04-05-2008, 07:35 PM
It's definitely an odd choice of color since everyone associates it with blue but dictionary.com seems to think its a real color:

cobalt green
–noun
1. a medium, yellowish-green color.
2. Also called zinc green. a pigment used in painting consisting mainly of oxides of cobalt and zinc, characterized chiefly by its green color, fast drying rate, permanence, and lack of tinting strength.

diethx
04-05-2008, 07:41 PM
It's definitely an odd choice of color since everyone associates it with blue but dictionary.com seems to think its a real color:

cobalt green
–noun
1. a medium, yellowish-green color.
2. Also called zinc green. a pigment used in painting consisting mainly of oxides of cobalt and zinc, characterized chiefly by its green color, fast drying rate, permanence, and lack of tinting strength.

Weird, i'd never heard of a cobalt green before. Sounds ugly too, lol. Kind of like snot from a sinus infection.

Nilandia
04-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Never heard of it myself, either.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Cobalt green is quite real. I've used it when I used to oil paint.

Cobalt yellow also exists.

"Cobalt" is the name of the element that's used to make blue in glass and ceramics, that's why people usually associate the two.

thefarmer
04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
My mom uses cobalt colors when she paints watercolors.

I want to say there's blue, grey, green, yellow.

thefarmer
04-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Doh.

Nevermind.

diethx
04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
"Cobalt" is the name of the element that's used to make blue in glass and ceramics, that's why people usually associate the two.

SRSLY!?!?!?!??! ;)

CrystalTears
04-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I didn't even care about her eyes. It was because she was a walking billboard. :D

ViridianAsp
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I want to know why she has a ponytail in her description and is wearing one too. I'm sorry, but isn't that a little overkill? I mean besides the GREEN