PDA

View Full Version : Bad roleplaying moments

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Kenn
08-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Starcrye says, "Molz yer the one who exclaimed i heart pipes ..nom nom."

Starcrye says, "Speaking to you, Molz says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."."

Really..?

Edit:
She kept going after I posted.

In a botched imitation, Starcrye says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."
>
Zenaxa puckers her lips and makes a sloppy smooching sound at her painted fel crumhorn.
>
In a botched imitation, Starcrye says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."
>
>
In a fair imitation of Molz, Starcrye says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."
>
Zenaxa put a meticulously painted fel crumhorn in her instrument satchel.
>
In a fair imitation of Molz, Starcrye says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."

Sweets
08-13-2010, 10:12 AM
TSC has been plagued by some pretty awful interaction lately. But hey, opportunity in disguise, right? ..right? ....hello...?

I had a fun interaction with Obadiah (sp?) just the other day. Zorst is always cranky goodness as well.

Stry
09-02-2010, 03:31 AM
In TSC:

Naerlus says, "Chat now with our "REFORMED" health care, we wont taxe marijuana."

Fail.

Merala
09-02-2010, 03:33 AM
That looks familiar...

Endlin
09-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Zerlificus quietly says, "Schlaffen Zie Gute, Mein Brudder."

Zerlificus quietly says, "Iche bin einen Duychwabble."

Zerlificus quietly says, "Und einen asswipen."

Nilandia
09-04-2010, 05:01 AM
If you're going to speak German in game (obviously I don't recommend it), at least spell it right! Ironically, I'm writing this as I watch the news in German so I don't forget what I learned in school.

Gretchen

WRoss
09-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Starcrye says, "Molz yer the one who exclaimed i heart pipes ..nom nom."

Starcrye says, "Speaking to you, Molz says, "Yeah well blowing pipes.. its something I work on so I know what I like."."

Really..?

Edit:
She kept going after I posted.

>
Zenaxa puckers her lips and makes a sloppy smooching sound at her painted fel crumhorn.
>
>
>
>
Zenaxa put a meticulously painted fel crumhorn in her instrument satchel.
>

Starcrye is Dessedemona, so no surprise there.

Ceyrin
09-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Starcrye is Dessedemona, so no surprise there.

Holy crap... hasn't that rhinestone-retard quit yet?

Merala
09-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Speaking to Grishom, Riend asks, "Tell me, sir... before you inherited your father's trade, what was it you did for your coin?"

Speaking to Riend, Tonklin says, "Gigolo..."

Shysmile softly says, "Playa in management position."

Nathala Crane
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
That's about on par with the whining I was getting in tells.

Sadly... Grishom was sending me in-game messaging via a ghost and when I asked him about it he was trying to flesh out the merchant's storyline. I figured if I played it up a bit, asked questions asked the ghost for answers out loud, someone might pick up on it. Instead I got into a shitty bitchfest match with people who just wanted me to sit there, shut up and let him pop out alterations like a fucking gumball machine. It could have really been fun and he even apologized to me after watching the scrolling whispers from a few of the nastier people.

I think its really neat a GM wants to roleplay his merchant. Maybe its just me.

It's definitely not just you, and Grishom is one of the most interesting NPC's in the game, I think. That's saying a lot for a merchant.

Elvenlady
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
They can all suck it.

:yeahthat:

Merala
09-06-2010, 03:35 PM
The questions didn't bother me. But some of the other people there were pretty stupid. Shysmile's theft of Jeff Dunham's routine was kind of irritating.

WRoss
09-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Really, Sareyna, AKA Dessedemona and her horrible OOC routine?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
In TSC:

Naerlus says, "Chat now with our "REFORMED" health care, we wont taxe marijuana."

Fail.

While this definitely qualifies as a blunder, I wouldn't qualify it as bad roleplaying since he clearly never intended for this to actually be spoken by his character in the game. Most people I know have accidentally chatted or whispered something out loud. I know one time I was in the middle of some pretty heavy RP and was also talking on PsiNet, and ended up having Aru tell a group of people that she wants some freaking taco bell right now.

Merala
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
While this definitely qualifies as a blunder, I wouldn't qualify it as bad roleplaying since he clearly never intended for this to actually be spoken by his character in the game. Most people I know have accidentally chatted or whispered something out loud. I know one time I was in the middle of some pretty heavy RP and was also talking on PsiNet, and ended up having Aru tell a group of people that she wants some freaking taco bell right now.

while this is true, and most of us have done it, we still catch a little hell for it. It's all in good fun, and we all make mistakes. We know that.

Stry
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
(Macalia eats grass innocently.)

Again, TSC.

eh?

Stry
09-06-2010, 10:23 PM
And I'll add my voice to those who are downing on the recent generation of 'playas', 'ho's' and 'thugs' in the Landing lately.Learn to fucking RP.

I don't give a flying fuck if a GM rp'd with you on his merchant. It doesn't mean you're good or that your retarded behavior is accepted.

Shit RP is shit RP.

DCSL
09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
>
(Berylla pushes everyone else behind her.)

Really? She pushed all other nine people in the room behind her and they just let her? Hate.

Fallen
09-07-2010, 12:33 AM
>
(Berylla pushes everyone else behind her.)

Really? She pushed all other nine people in the room behind her and they just let her? Hate.

That's just screaming for some 708 action.

HouseofElves
09-07-2010, 02:17 AM
(Dreaer burries his face in Niara's corset and wiggles his face around with speed and flare all the while making raspberry noises.)

When I saw this, I couldn't help but laugh.

Methais
09-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Please oh great and wonderful one, what would you have done?

http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1234000/1234010_696a_625x625.jpg

Sweets
09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
(Dreaer burries his face in Niara's corset and wiggles his face around with speed and flare all the while making raspberry noises.)

:rofl: Someone needs to try and get a special "motorboat" verb done. I would worship them.

Merala
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Please oh great and wonderful one, what would you have done?

Because the ones involved weren't saying "oh you're terrible at rp, they flat out said "if you'd stop asking questions he'd get to more people."

So really if you can come up with a better way to have rp'd that, I am all ears.

I think it's been established that the big issue here was the fact that people were being idiots. Using words like "playa" is pretty OOC, in my opinion. I think he has a point.

Stry
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm referencing the people who have no concept of what a Genre is.

For instance, just last night. I was trying to speak with Arasus regarding a deal for some gold rings I was selling him.

Some fucking idiot called Arasai walked in and kept offering me half the price Arasus was and saying "cmon, hook a brotha up."

I said "I'm not your brother, and I'm here to talk to him." I point at Arasus. I was to busy at the time or I could have posted it as a prime example.

This kind of crap is happening constantly. It makes me almost miss the days when I would get a GM SENDing at me for saying a weapon was +17 on the amulet instead of 'three and a half' enchants.

So, if I see a log or hear of Jennyfer spending time or RPing with people acting like idiots, expect to see a post here. It's as simple as that.

If you want to see some quality RP, attend an event or two in Solhaven and just sit back and watch. Players like Eugenides, Kyaloria, Bristenn, Siwas, Alisaire... etc etc. I learned a TON just watching them and how they interact and I've played GS for well over a decade now.

We always can improve. I simply post here to vent and rag on the people who don't try, don't care and show their stupidity.

Sometimes we post a funny mistake too and that's fine. (See my post on Bristenn from a month or so ago.)

Mogonis
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
You can say stuff like "+17" on the amunet now. Some GM(s) decided it was allowed because it shows up in loresinging. :(

Abilene
09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
You can say stuff like "+17" on the amunet now. Some GM(s) decided it was allowed because it shows up in loresinging. :(

Just because I never realized this had changed, are you alowed to say 'scripted' now too?

Mogonis
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Probably not.

For some reason, they pulled this news article within a year after posting it:

Dateline 1/28/2005: ROLEPLAYING TIPS: OOCISMS

Most players try hard to remain IC (In Character) while in the game to preserve our fantasy atmosphere and to make the world of Elanthia a more vivid place. But there are a lot of terms commonly used that are only thinly veiled OOC (Out of Character), and are in fact pretty much the same thing as just saying the OOC words.

It takes a bit of experience and thought to recognize these types of terms and to learn better ways of phrasing things. It is easier than it seems, and pays off in big ways. To give an idea of the type of things being discussed, I will give some examples of common OOCisms.

Weather: Many players use the term "weather" to refer to game lag. If it's rainy or sunny, it's rainy or sunny for everyone in that town. So saying one character has bad weather while another doesn't, simply makes no sense. Other ways to get the point across are to say things like, "I'm feeling really sluggish at the moment," or "I'm so tired I can barely move," or maybe on a hot summer day, "It's so humid out I just don't feel very peppy."

Gods: The word "gods" is often used to refer to GMs (GameMasters), but again, it usually makes little sense when given any thought. Gods in Elanthia are the Arkati and other immortals, and they rarely are interested or involved in the types of things where this euphemism is used. A "god auction" can better be referred to as a "grand auction," since the Arkati aren't actually selling their stuff! A "god wedding" can be referred to as a "cathedral wedding."

Age: It used to be that character age was connected to their levels, which of course made little sense. Now that we have an actual age system in the game that is separate from levels, it is appropriate for us old timers to wean ourselves away from this euphemism as well. If you ask a character how old they are, don't be surprised to hear they are 143 years old, even if they are only level 5. When talking about creatures, the age of the creature is not likely to be known, but what can be known is that a warrior of lord stature can probably take them on or not.

Trainings: This one can be hotly debated as to how appropriate it is. Many roleplayers strongly feel that trainings are just as OOC as levels, and feel the term has no place here. Others feel that it is an acceptable alternative term. However a player feels about it, it is yet another example of a term that can usually be stated in a more IC manner, given a little thought.

Pages to study: Some players try to translate experience needed into a more IC terminology, usually coming up with things like, "1,234 more pages to study in my book." But again, it is simply a thinly veiled reference that is not really any better than saying, "1,234 experience to level." It might be better to say something along the lines of, "I have been practicing my skills very hard, and feel that I will be seeing some improvement soon."

These are just a few examples of the OOCisms commonly seen within the game. For players who are interested in improving their RP (roleplaying) skills and making their characters into living and breathing Elanthians, it is a good subject to which you can devote a bit of attention. Of course, all of the above situations are also easily solved by using WHISPER to convey information that you want to be exact or is OOC in nature, thus bypassing any need to come up with a clever euphemism.

Latrinsorm
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
If you want to see some quality RP, attend an event or two in Solhaven and just sit back and watch.Hey, remember when Solhaven had a bad reputation for elitism?

DCSL
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey, remember when Solhaven had a bad reputation for elitism?

That was SO long ago!

Ryvicke
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
If you want to take part in some quality RP, attend an event or two in Solhaven and RP.

Ferxed!

Stry
09-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Hey, remember when Solhaven had a bad reputation for elitism?

Most who spend more then a few minutes there don't get that impression anymore. Elitism and good RP are not the same thing. Solhaven is very welcoming and anyone who puts in the time and effort to get involved can do so very easily.

And even if some still think it is elitism, I'll take that anyday over: "Hey playa, how u doin'?"

It gives me PTSD all over again and I start having nightmares of Michaelous back in the small park flashing gang signs again via pathetic ACTs... ugh.

Stry
09-08-2010, 02:27 AM

Oh, and this is hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

But yes, still belongs in this thread. :)

Stry
09-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Ferxed!

Heh, good fix.

Drew
09-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Zerlificus quietly says, "C U 2 Morrow."

Mogonis
09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Rakshasas quietly exclaims, "But I'm allergic to gluten!"

LadyLaphrael
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Solhaven is very welcoming and anyone who puts in the time and effort to get involved can do so very easily.

I know mileage may vary, but I've been there under a few faces, and have never found the Solhaven collective very welcoming. On an individual basis or in very small numbers, a lot of them are amazing folks. But when you sit in North Market with one of your lower-level characters hauling a dead person around asking some of the Sirs, Dames, and Protectors (and in this one particular instance, there was at least one of each present) if they can help you either find a healer or the town cleric, and you're met with the standard "We RP, but only in whispers because a GM isn't watching" nods and chuckles, you kiiiinda start to question how many of them actually deserve those fancy titles.

Maybe I miss all the welcoming and jolly good times because I'm generally asleep by 10pm EST and all the doin's that transpire happen much later, but...yeah, I've tried, and it just doesn't happen as easily as the people who ARE involved say it does.

Warriorbird
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Stuff tends to happen late with those folks. Alternately, you have to stir it up.

Asha
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Solhaven has always been pretty much only total quest / GM whores.

Drew
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I know mileage may vary, but I've been there under a few faces, and have never found the Solhaven collective very welcoming. On an individual basis or in very small numbers, a lot of them are amazing folks. But when you sit in North Market with one of your lower-level characters hauling a dead person around asking some of the Sirs, Dames, and Protectors (and in this one particular instance, there was at least one of each present) if they can help you either find a healer or the town cleric, and you're met with the standard "We RP, but only in whispers because a GM isn't watching" nods and chuckles, you kiiiinda start to question how many of them actually deserve those fancy titles.

Maybe I miss all the welcoming and jolly good times because I'm generally asleep by 10pm EST and all the doin's that transpire happen much later, but...yeah, I've tried, and it just doesn't happen as easily as the people who ARE involved say it does.

You're generally right. I moved my main character from Mule to Haven. There are a lot of stiff characters in Haven, but a lot of them are pretty good in quests (a lot of them are extremely knowledgeable about in game history, arkati, quest history, etc.). Elsewise is can be pretty dead and boring. I actually imported some friends down to Haven and the everyday chatter got more lively. I agree that it's relatively tough to break into the RP collective there even though they do honestly try to include new people, it's not a town like Mule where you can walk up and be part of the group after a few hours or a few days, you do have to put some time into it.

Stry
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Bad roleplaying moments 09-08-2010 12:50 PM if by good RP you mean a bunch of arrogant elitists

Nice, sign your rep next time and read the rest of the thread. Give me a break.

My personal experience was the opposite of Laphrael's.

I was new to Solhaven and sure people didn't jump out of their skin to pull me into their storylines or ideas. But as I made an effort to RP and make Strydyr a presence in Solhaven. I was welcomed and made friends quite quickly. This has occurred with several of my alts who are completely unknown in Solhaven as well. If you're not getting putting forth the effort on your end you won't get as much out of it, but they certainly are not going to exclude you. You people need to get over this idea of elitism. If that's how you feel when you go there, you only have yourself to blame for it. So you go stand in North Market and smile once or twice. Woopie, what do you want? a cookie? Here's a muffin, feed it to the owl.

Seriously, take the time to learn what is happening in Solhaven, ask about the Red Dreamer, I can promise someone will start whispering to you or pull you aside and you'll find yourself in a conversation that can last hours. This is a simple fact. The storyline lately has kinda lurched to a standstill but that's because the Guru is rather busy. What kills me is these people who show up one time because there was a post on the forums regarding an activity or meeting and then... poof, I never see them again.

My involvement and enjoyment came from MAKING it happen. I was there consistently at meetings, whispering to people, making allies and enemies and putting my own twist on what happened with the story. Have I ever gotten any special GM treatment? Nope. Have I gotten some cool title? Nope. Do I care? Nope. I've had a shit ton of fun and the interaction is the best I've ever dealt with. Hands down.

I'll say it again, if you feel unwelcome, look at what you can do, not at who is supposedly ignoring you.

What's your character's backstory? Do they even have one? Where do they stand? Have then attended more then the occasional activity in Solhaven? Or do they just sit in an abandoned North Market and wonder what's going on. I would love for any of you bashing on the 'elitism' to tell me half of the storyline that has happened so far and what it means to you char. You couldn't do it because you haven't tried. I recognize that some are more welcoming then others and in the past some people may be less then welcoming. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps this was part of their RP? Most people are pretty suspicious of each other down there right now for good reason.

As I said Strydyr certainly has made enemies too and there are some people who are VERY unfriendly to him. That is still part of the RP and if you take that as 'elitism' where the player just doesn't like you then you are taking things way to personally.

Stry
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I dunno, after reading Drew's post I can see your guy's side of it too.

I did work at how to be involved and I took the time (A month or two) before I felt I knew the story quite well and where different people stood on subjects. This involved a lot of talking, listening and RP with people I had not met in game before, but I've had a blast.

Also the time frames suite my schedule as I play late and on the west coast.

Ryvicke
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll do a little Solhaven defending. In the past year or so I've had nothing but decent times when I stopped by or when a few of them came into the Rest to shake some shit up. I'm, in general, happy to see people playing characters and targeting their ACTs.

The environment Laphrael is mentioning with the whispering and the constant nods and verbs augmenting a whispered conversation is just about the lamest fucking thing that goes on in Prime right now. It happens everywhere and absolutely needs to stop. When someone engages me in a long whisper conversation I almost psychotically do not verb or react openly to what we're talking about and sometimes take pains to get the conversation out in the open. The great spirit of gemstone cries text tears when people don't help little cute-haired Laph alts find the Solhaven town cleric.

And I'll just second Stry's post about time being essential to acceptance. Show up every night for four months in any town in Gemstone and you'll be part of the city and have at least 5 friends, 2 weirdos who want to cyber but they're kind of interesting so you still talk to them, 1 actual psycho who would cook your genitalia if they ever met you "IRL" and 3 people who you would like to be friends with but they're always OOC whispering about how annoying it is to step away from GS to change a diaper/walk dog/prepare meal for child/reponsible thing and that's not cool.

Ceyrin
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
That's just screaming for some 708 action.

Ceyrin
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll do a little Solhaven defending. In the past year or so I've had nothing but decent times when I stopped by or when a few of them came into the Rest to shake some shit up. I'm, in general, happy to see people playing characters and targeting their ACTs.

The environment Laphrael is mentioning with the whispering and the constant nods and verbs augmenting a whispered conversation is just about the lamest fucking thing that goes on in Prime right now. It happens everywhere and absolutely needs to stop. When someone engages me in a long whisper conversation I almost psychotically do not verb or react openly to what we're talking about and sometimes take pains to get the conversation out in the open. The great spirit of gemstone cries text tears when people don't help little cute-haired Laph alts find the Solhaven town cleric.

And I'll just second Stry's post about time being essential to acceptance. Show up every night for four months in any town in Gemstone and you'll be part of the city and have at least 5 friends, 2 weirdos who want to cyber but they're kind of interesting so you still talk to them, 1 actual psycho who would cook your genitalia if they ever met you "IRL" and 3 people who you would like to be friends with but they're always OOC whispering about how annoying it is to step away from GS to change a diaper/walk dog/prepare meal for child/reponsible thing and that's not cool.

Having been an off and on part of Solhaven for a while, I can say that there's definately a vibe that can be gotten from the characters and or their players that is easily mistaken with "GTFO".

Frankly, nothing that happens in Solhaven is terribly impressive to me anymore. The whole city and most of the "characters" there are way overdone. I would personally be happy if a lot of them stepped down and made a new character. Not that I don't like some of their old characters, but I think it's the difference between a good roleplayer and a good character. The latter is just that, one good character, which eventually gets pretty boring and even, as some have poinetd out, intimidating to others. The prior is the kind of person who can reinvent themselves and the way the play the game, bringing something new and exciting to a community that is supposed to evolve and change.

Solhaven is pretty stagnant right now, and it's not because the latest GM cockjobfest has stalled. It's because the old blood is starting to get really old. I don't play Ceyrin very much any more for a reason, and it's not because I don't like him, or even that other people don't like him (which there's certainly a fair bit of controversy about I'm sure). I do it because I want to do something different and see Elanthia through different eyes and interact with both known and unknown characters with a different concept in mind.

Would anyone even call Ceyrin a Solhaven regular? Probably not, but just because you don't see him doesn't mean he hasn't been there =) In my mind, as a player of a character, he's always there, doing something, even when he's not actually logged in.

The game goes on when the GMs aren't there, and the world lives on when you aren't logged in. I think if more people grasped this one concept, they might actually be able to muster up some decent roleplaying, and maybe even inspire it in those around them.

As an aside, I made it a point not to pick any specific characters or players associated with Solhaven. The honest truth is I don't know how many of them are or are not actually already doing what I've mentioned above. I do know that when quest time comes, however, mostly all you see is the same names. That makes me sadface.

Nilandia
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Bad roleplaying moments 09-08-2010 12:50 PM if by good RP you mean a bunch of arrogant elitists

Nice, sign your rep next time and read the rest of the thread. Give me a break.

My personal experience was the opposite of Laphrael's.

I was new to Solhaven and sure people didn't jump out of their skin to pull me into their storylines or ideas. But as I made an effort to RP and make Strydyr a presence in Solhaven. I was welcomed and made friends quite quickly. This has occurred with several of my alts who are completely unknown in Solhaven as well. If you're not getting putting forth the effort on your end you won't get as much out of it, but they certainly are not going to exclude you. You people need to get over this idea of elitism. If that's how you feel when you go there, you only have yourself to blame for it. So you go stand in North Market and smile once or twice. Woopie, what do you want? a cookie? Here's a muffin, feed it to the owl.

Seriously, take the time to learn what is happening in Solhaven, ask about the Red Dreamer, I can promise someone will start whispering to you or pull you aside and you'll find yourself in a conversation that can last hours. This is a simple fact. The storyline lately has kinda lurched to a standstill but that's because the Guru is rather busy. What kills me is these people who show up one time because there was a post on the forums regarding an activity or meeting and then... poof, I never see them again.

My involvement and enjoyment came from MAKING it happen. I was there consistently at meetings, whispering to people, making allies and enemies and putting my own twist on what happened with the story. Have I ever gotten any special GM treatment? Nope. Have I gotten some cool title? Nope. Do I care? Nope. I've had a shit ton of fun and the interaction is the best I've ever dealt with. Hands down.

I'll say it again, if you feel unwelcome, look at what you can do, not at who is supposedly ignoring you.

What's your character's backstory? Do they even have one? Where do they stand? Have then attended more then the occasional activity in Solhaven? Or do they just sit in an abandoned North Market and wonder what's going on. I would love for any of you bashing on the 'elitism' to tell me half of the storyline that has happened so far and what it means to you char. You couldn't do it because you haven't tried. I recognize that some are more welcoming then others and in the past some people may be less then welcoming. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps this was part of their RP? Most people are pretty suspicious of each other down there right now for good reason.

As I said Strydyr certainly has made enemies too and there are some people who are VERY unfriendly to him. That is still part of the RP and if you take that as 'elitism' where the player just doesn't like you then you are taking things way to personally.
Strydyr, while I can respect your point of view, I have to disagree based on personal experience.

I based Nilandia primarily in Solhaven for six years before I left for Plat. I made friends, I talked to people, I got involved in as much as I could justify, I did what I could to engage people. I even have a shiny title as recognition for all the time spent helping Solhaven during the water elemental storyline. While there were people who welcomed me and roleplayed back at me, there were far more people who simply ignored me until I became such a pest that ignoring me was impossible.

I can't tell you how many times I walked into the Market, after having lived there for years and fighting for the city, and not having one person respond to my saying hello. I try to talk to people, only to meet dead air, while I would regularly see people react in whispered conversations or drag other people off for meetings, private RP, or whatever else. I would try to poke my nose in when things were happening, but I would often get the feeling that they only let me tag along because I was a pest, and not because I was particularly wanted.

On the other hand, I've heard many, many times that people would keep one another informed about the happenings in Solhaven through IMs or in-game interactions. I never had that while I was actively in Solhaven, and I only had that happen a few times after I left when I was talking to some friends. I've had all of one person say they wish I'd come back when I stopped back briefly in game, while there were people who Nilandia considered friends who wouldn't so much as acknowledge her existence.

While I am happy for you that you're enjoying your time in Solhaven, my difficulties there were enough to become partly why I made the move to Plat. I have the highest respect for the people of Solhaven as roleplayers, and I still love the city. However, there tends to be a strong tunnel-vision whereby many people would jockey for NPC attention and afterward fall back into their usual groups to plot, plan and socialize. Many times I actually stopped talking when an NPC was around because I knew I'd just be talked over.

For example, during a meeting with an NPC, several people talked about some method of attack against a foe that required empathic assistance, and some suggested talking to the empaths for their input. All the while, not one person thought to ask the one empath in the room. Needless to say, that stung.

In another example, I remember a character who previously was in the background suddenly becoming the focus du jour when the current bad guy kidnapped them for a time. They lashed out at the people around them, saying that they had been ignored for so long and now everyone is concerned now that they had some attention paid to them.

That, I feel, happens more often than the people in Solhaven are aware of (as those who are dissatisfied would often without saying anything) or are willing to admit.

Gretchen

DCSL
09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
The environment Laphrael is mentioning with the whispering and the constant nods and verbs augmenting a whispered conversation is just about the lamest fucking thing that goes on in Prime right now. It happens everywhere and absolutely needs to stop. When someone engages me in a long whisper conversation I almost psychotically do not verb or react openly to what we're talking about and sometimes take pains to get the conversation out in the open.

I hate this so much, too. I'm guilty of it but only in certain circumstances, like playing a pair of gossipy elven court ladies type thing, which is also the only case in which I will use the visible whisper command. I hate that shit with a fiery passion. It's basically "Look at me, look at me! I'm talking about something awesome and your character is not cool enough to know about it!"

The argument could be made that you can easily see people whispering to each other in real life, so the visible whispering is more realistic. I don't care; it's lamer than a two-legged horse.

Or when the other person just absolutely refuses to talk out loud, which drives me up the wall. More than that, my character just... doesn't want people that close to her. Is it so much to ask not to have people invading her bubble constantly? People who are no more than nodding acquaintances, if that? If it's something truly private that needs to said, fine, but don't whisper to her that you like her outfit and you've heard so much about her. Don't be a leg humper. Anyway, all that shit can be said out in the open.

...sorry, I've been dealing with the just-won't-RP-in-the-open type recently and I needed to get that shit off my chest.

Nathala Crane
09-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I only came back in June from a 5+ year absence. I'm absolutely certain that barely a soul remembered my character, yet I have personally found the Haven folks pretty welcoming. Then again, I don't particularly care whether or not I get "NPC attention," so maybe it helps that I don't feel like I'm in competition with anyone to that end. I've enjoyed seeing all of the different reactions to my mild-mannered swordsman, and all in all, I think the 'Haveners are a wonderful group.

I agree that we need more little Laph alts running about, though. And Erithi. Or both! :yes:

Farn
09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
There are some stuffy folk in Solhaven. There are also a fair few that are apparently quite confident in their awesomeness. The stuffy ones' roleplay can be off-putting in that when you try to get yourself involved, you get nothing more than a glance and then seemingly ignored again. I'm glad Farn is the character that he is, uncaring as to whether he's bothering someone and assuming people are interested in what he's saying, even when they're not. Some of my favorite people to interact (mess) with are the stuffy types.

Maybe part of the reason I like the town more than others is that I usually avoid quest stuff and don't care about GM-related politics. The questly goings-on usually aren't my character's bag, anyway, and unless he can find an opportunity to make a scheme for a quick silver or sweet deal, he usually doesn't care much. Leave the cataclysmic end-of-the-world reality-imploding scenarios to the stupid mages and Arkati. If they haven't screwed up the world by now, I'm confident things'll end up okay one way or another.

I agree on the whispering part, except for those times when you visibly whisper to someone else and then glance at the subject when they already can guess what you're talking about. I enjoy doing it to make folks roll their eyes, but I've never intended to alienate anyone.

FNLN
09-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I also agree on the whispering part. Granted most of the time I park myself in some far away corner so I generally avoid it.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Speaking of Solhaven, I just ran through the North Market and stood there for a few minutes. One dingbat was announcing to the world that he worshipped Mularos and everyone knew it, while another claimed that that sort of thing wasn't unusual - in the middle of the market at midnight. The brilliance.

Warriorbird
09-09-2010, 12:30 AM
If I weren't avoiding Simu games I'd want to come back and make fun of people.

Farn
09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Speaking of Solhaven, I just ran through the North Market and stood there for a few minutes. One dingbat was announcing to the world that he worshipped Mularos and everyone knew it, while another claimed that that sort of thing wasn't unusual - in the middle of the market at midnight. The brilliance.

You can't have a city be openly invaded and taken over by the Lornon Arkati multiple times and expect there to be no side-effects.

Devessi
09-09-2010, 01:36 AM

As the dingbat in question, and someone who was actually taking part in the conversation before the one line you're exaggerating, I'm going to guess that in your running through the Market you missed the entire context of what was being said. But, okay. I r bad RPer, yes.

Stry
09-09-2010, 03:01 AM

Yes, thank you for proving my point. A fine judgement after a few minutes in north market after months spent scripting in Shattered and running your Vangard.

What's wrong? Did you get bored now that you drove Mordy and the Marlu Clan away?

You had such an inspiring recruitment thread going to, I almost wanted to start Shattered to spend a few minutes helping you get rid of them.

:break:

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Yes, thank you for proving my point. A fine judgement after a few minutes in north market after months spent scripting in Shattered and running your Vangard.

What's wrong? Did you get bored now that you drove Mordy and the Marlu Clan away?

You had such an inspiring recruitment thread going to, I almost wanted to start Shattered to spend a few minutes helping you get rid of them.

:break:

o_0

Stry
09-09-2010, 03:39 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74751/facepalms/Facepalmhomer.jpg

Drew
09-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Strydyr, while I can respect your point of view, I have to disagree based on personal experience.

I based Nilandia primarily in Solhaven for six years before I left for Plat. I made friends, I talked to people, I got involved in as much as I could justify, I did what I could to engage people. I even have a shiny title as recognition for all the time spent helping Solhaven during the water elemental storyline. While there were people who welcomed me and roleplayed back at me, there were far more people who simply ignored me until I became such a pest that ignoring me was impossible.

I can't tell you how many times I walked into the Market, after having lived there for years and fighting for the city, and not having one person respond to my saying hello. I try to talk to people, only to meet dead air, while I would regularly see people react in whispered conversations or drag other people off for meetings, private RP, or whatever else. I would try to poke my nose in when things were happening, but I would often get the feeling that they only let me tag along because I was a pest, and not because I was particularly wanted.

On the other hand, I've heard many, many times that people would keep one another informed about the happenings in Solhaven through IMs or in-game interactions. I never had that while I was actively in Solhaven, and I only had that happen a few times after I left when I was talking to some friends. I've had all of one person say they wish I'd come back when I stopped back briefly in game, while there were people who Nilandia considered friends who wouldn't so much as acknowledge her existence.

While I am happy for you that you're enjoying your time in Solhaven, my difficulties there were enough to become partly why I made the move to Plat. I have the highest respect for the people of Solhaven as roleplayers, and I still love the city. However, there tends to be a strong tunnel-vision whereby many people would jockey for NPC attention and afterward fall back into their usual groups to plot, plan and socialize. Many times I actually stopped talking when an NPC was around because I knew I'd just be talked over.

For example, during a meeting with an NPC, several people talked about some method of attack against a foe that required empathic assistance, and some suggested talking to the empaths for their input. All the while, not one person thought to ask the one empath in the room. Needless to say, that stung.

In another example, I remember a character who previously was in the background suddenly becoming the focus du jour when the current bad guy kidnapped them for a time. They lashed out at the people around them, saying that they had been ignored for so long and now everyone is concerned now that they had some attention paid to them.

That, I feel, happens more often than the people in Solhaven are aware of (as those who are dissatisfied would often without saying anything) or are willing to admit.

Gretchen

Two notes:

1. Rightly or wrongly Nilandia was viewed as a quest whore. I don't know if that is true or not, but I do know I was never involved in a quest that she didn't show up at. If you are viewed as a quest whore people will try to exclude you because they view you as an interloper.

2. People who can control the flow of where stories go and who will be involved will tend to exclude wild cards. For instance, my main is a minor nobleman (something I would redo given the chance, it's tedious and unrewarding) but I would never say something like "I can rally 50 men to my cause!" If I did no one would call on me because they know that I can't actually do that and so you're just going to lead up to a situation where it's embarrassing for everyone and ruins suspension of disbelief.

They way you play Nilandia, "I'm a telepath and I can read thoughts and control minds and I'm an incredible mentalist with unknown powers" is totally unsupported by mechanics. Maybe you have fun exploring that route, but perhaps the reason no one called on you because you're the only empath there was because they didn't want you injecting your odd character RP into the situation. It's the same reason no one asks the guy dressed like Spock to join in the fan-reenactments at the Star Wars convention.

Drew
09-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Also no one in Solhaven has talked to my character for over a week now when he pointed out that Meurii is a thief. Everyone got quite upset that I was ruining the social atmosphere. Last thing my character said:

Speaking to Metadi, you say, "I don't care if everyone hates me for doing what is right, too many people are willing to let the evil or just the plain greedy amongst them so it doesn't disturb their social harmony."

I could be relatively upset about this but I guess it proves to a degree how insular Solhaven can be, but it's also good in some ways that they protect their own, even their thieves.

Mogonis
09-09-2010, 03:52 AM
Solhaven should still be under water.

Drew
09-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Solhaven should still be under water.

That would have been cool, I would like some permanent impact, when we thought it was permanent was some of the most fun I've ever had in game.

Stry
09-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Also no one in Solhaven has talked to my character for over a week now when he pointed out that Meurii is a thief. Everyone got quite upset that I was ruining the social atmosphere. Last thing my character said:

Speaking to Metadi, you say, "I don't care if everyone hates me for doing what is right, too many people are willing to let the evil or just the plain greedy amongst them so it doesn't disturb their social harmony."

I could be relatively upset about this but I guess it proves to a degree how insular Solhaven can be, but it's also good in some ways that they protect their own, even their thieves.

I'll post my opinion on that little incident. Bare in mind this is just what I observed and figured.

1- We were all simply gathering to enjoy warcamping together.
2- Everyone knows regarding Meurii's behavior regarding the claidhmore business.
3- It was percieved by Meurii and a few others as an OOC point you were arguing from the PC. Everyone knew this info, we simply may choose not to do business with him, but it certainly was not relevant for you to bring up in North Market months and years after it occurred.
4- When others asked you to drop it, you didn't.

Will they continue to ignore you? Probably not, but I would suggest watching what bridges you might be burning even accidentally. I know Meurii's player took it very OOC and left the warcamp party and hasn't been around since.

You know already due to a mistaken whisper later that day that I played it off as IC as I could, but when someone is perceived as purposely causing OOC drama. You tend to get ignored.

That being said, Strydyr ignores your char as best he can and you ignore Stry based on the fact that every conversation they have turns into a debate. :-D

This is an actual RP and IC rivalry I have grown to enjoy and it makes me laugh a little. Sad though that your character takes it so seriously that he now ignores one of his long time friends. Again, part of the story I suppose.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Stry

Let's see: Your "point" from earlier was that one needs to get integrated into Solhaven to understand what's going on. In this case, I took a brief trip through the town, saw someone openly portraying an evil cleric who should by all rights have been hung immediately, and then commented on it here. Yet because I'm not part of the Solhaven community at the moment, you don't think my view has any merit. And you're somehow defending Solhaven as non-elitist?

As for your comments on what I'm doing and did in Shattered, I'm not really sure where you're going with those. It seems to be more of the same: "You're not part of this stuff! Go away!" I haven't been around on Nuadjha much lately, but he's hardly an Elanthian or Solhaven outsider, and it shouldn't matter if he were.

Stry
09-09-2010, 04:34 AM
The whole point I took from your post was that you were adding your opinion to those who continue to hold onto this 'elitist' Solhaven idea. And that your point of support was a mere few minutes spent in North Market with some deranged cleric.

I found it pointless, and my entirely sarcastic comments regarding your Shattered playtime were simply to point that out that your opinion held no sway as Nuadjha also falls into the category of not having been around.

Not to say "Go AWAY" but to point out that you really have no idea how 'elitist' the town is in the past several months. You havn't been there. If you were to come make an effort to get involved beyond standing a few minutes in North Market, I might take your opinion into more consideration.

I tire of the whining from people who have never been seen in Solhaven and suddenly expect the citizens to leap to their feet and explain the entire storyline they have been playing for the last several months to you instantly to help you feel included the very moment you happen to walk into town. It is illogical.

As I explained in my previous posts (which you obviously did not read) It took me months before I felt comfortable enough for Strydyr to even take a real stance or position on the whole storyline. This wasn't due to elitism, it was due to the fact that the story was very in depth and had several angles and it took a long time for my Character to learn and to figure out where different groups stood on the issues.

You then come to the PC, and add your voice to how 'elitist' Solhaven is after "a few minutes"?

I refer you to the picture posted above, as the point of every post I have made so far has clearly gone over your head.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 04:43 AM
The whole point I took from your post was that you were adding your opinion to those who continue to hold onto this 'elitist' Solhaven idea. And that your point of support was a mere few minutes spent in North Market with some deranged cleric.

I found it pointless, and my entirely sarcastic comments regarding your Shattered playtime were simply to point that out that your opinion held no sway as Nuadjha also falls into the category of not having been around.

Not to say "Go AWAY" but to point out that you really have no idea how 'elitist' the town is in the past several months. You havn't been there. If you were to come make an effort to get involved beyond standing a few minutes in North Market, I might take your opinion into more consideration.

I tire of the whining from people who have never been seen in Solhaven and suddenly expect the citizens to leap to their feet and explain the entire storyline they have been playing for the last several months to you instantly to help you feel included the very moment you happen to walk into town. It is illogical.

As I explained in my previous posts (which you obviously did not read) It took me months before I felt comfortable enough for Strydyr to even take a real stance or position on the whole storyline. This wasn't due to elitism, it was due to the fact that the story was very in depth and had several angles and it took a long time for my Character to learn and to figure out where different groups stood on the issues.

You then come to the PC, and add your voice to how 'elitist' Solhaven is after "a few minutes"?

I refer you to the picture posted above, as the point of every post I have made so far has clearly gone over your head.

There are four logical flaws in your first three sentences.

1) My original point was that Solhaven is not a pristine bastion of stellar RP. Your defense of it displayed elitism.
2) The "deranged cleric" was Siwas, who if I'm not mistaken is a part of the Solhaven community and thus not an exception to the normal behavior of Solhaven.
3) Nuadjha was around to see a "deranged cleric" and commented on it, which is grounds for a contemporary opinion. Furthermore, I've touched base with Solhaven on a consistent basis since I collected nails for a silly PC storyline to help clear the path when it was opening; I can certainly make historically based claims about it.
4) Playing Shattered does not equate to knowing nothing about Prime.

Let me refer you to the same one.

Stry
09-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Clearly people in Solhaven don't want anyone else involved at all!one!1!
(Insert sarcasm here for those who miss it.)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1110733&postcount=1

They only take the time to create websites and timelines and the tools and information to learn the storyline faster and easier so you can get involved somewhat at the start.

Yes, there is whispering. Yes there is a LOT of RP that goes on behind the scenes between players. But that is what makes it FUN. If you knew what I was saying to so and so, it would ruin the surprise and take the fun out of guessing what I'm up to.

People are suspicious of each other, they argue and debate for hours. Others sit back and make snide comments but really they are just putting on a front and are listening to every word of the debate. (until it goes dry and pointless.)

Others try to stir up contention for entertainment or to keep the other side from growing to organized. Secret and not so secret meetings are held(or not held.)

It is all in how you choose to get involved.

Read the officials, spend time in North Market (when it isn't festival time) and listen, and ask questions about why Ronan's temple is locked and about the strange demented statue in front of it.

There's a TON you can do to get involved if you feel like it, but they aren't going to hold your hand if you get your feelings hurt easily. Heaven forbid you have enemies in GS who... Oh Gosh! Don't Talk to me???

Do you see my point?

I think I need to sleep...

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Clearly people in Solhaven don't want anyone else involved at all!one!1!
(Insert sarcasm here for those who miss it.)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1110733&postcount=1

They only take the time to create websites and timelines and the tools and information to learn the storyline faster and easier so you can get involved somewhat at the start.

Yes, there is whispering. Yes there is a LOT of RP that goes on behind the scenes between players. But that is what makes it FUN. If you knew what I was saying to so and so, it would ruin the surprise and take the fun out of guessing what I'm up to.

People are suspicious of each other, they argue and debate for hours. Others sit back and make snide comments but really they are just putting on a front and are listening to every word of the debate. (until it goes dry and pointless.)

Others try to stir up contention for entertainment or to keep the other side from growing to organized. Secret and not so secret meetings are held(or not held.)

It is all in how you choose to get involved.

Read the officials, spend time in North Market (when it isn't festival time) and listen, and ask questions about why Ronan's temple is locked and about the strange demented statue in front of it.

There's a TON you can do to get involved if you feel like it, but they aren't going to hold your hand if you get your feelings hurt easily. Heaven forbid you have enemies in GS who... Oh Gosh! Don't Talk to me???

Do you see my point?

I think I need to sleep...

You think I'm attacking Solhaven and so you're defending it. I get it. I'm not really, but it's not a perfect place either. You got me ticked off because you questioned my ability to make judgments and denied my right to comment.

StrayRogue
09-09-2010, 08:38 AM

Well Gee it must be really "fun" for the people who aren't being included in those whispers, which is what this argument is all about.

Old argument is old, by the way.

I tend to avoid GM events and quests for the very reasons noted. People just whore themselves at them. It very much is overly dramatic and hilarious. I much prefer understated and consistent roleplay as apposed to "whisper whisper whisper GM LOGS ON song + dance". It's pathetic.

I don't think I've set foot in Solhaven for maybe four years, but the comments in this thread pretty much describe how it was then too. The only reason I might visit these days would be to talk to a few older friends, and maybe rob some of these stellar RP people blind.

Ryvicke
09-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I'll post my opinion on that little incident. Bare in mind this is just what I observed and figured.

2- Everyone knows regarding Meurii's behavior regarding the claidhmore business.
3- It was percieved by Meurii and a few others as an OOC point you were arguing from the PC. Everyone knew this info, we simply may choose not to do business with him, but it certainly was not relevant for you to bring up in North Market months and years after it occurred.

Do you think it's okay that someone can essentially steal a not insignificant amount of money from someone and "everyone knows" but will play with him like it didn't happen?

I'm mostly with you on your defense of Solhaven and how things play out there, but I'm glad that not everyone is continuing to play nice with that guy. And honestly, I hate out in the open OOC as much as anybody, but this game has about seven billion imbedded winks in it to signal to us all that we're playing on a big community tabletop, this guy has fucked with that community and I think people should question playing with him, whether IC or not.

Farn
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I took a brief trip through the town, saw someone openly portraying an evil cleric who should by all rights have been hung immediately

Keep in mind that while some of them (eeeevil folk) definitely do things that would warrant a hanging (abductions and human[oid] sacrifices and so on), generally the city of Solhaven (not to speak for the player characters in it) has an exceptional tolerance for the "evil" Lornon pantheon and its people, even having public temples or dedicatory gardens for the Lornon Arkati.

Sorry for the possibly-elitist nitpicking. All I could get from your post was that the person was openly proclaiming their dedication to a Lornon Arkati, though there may have been more to it than that.

To Nilandia: Weren't you the one who offered to saw Farn's arm off when he needed healing and expressed concern that it might be infected after being bitten by a waern? I appreciated that. It was interesting to get a response other than <heal, hug>. Not that I mind prompt healing either, mind you.

Drew
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
To Nilandia: Weren't you the one who offered to saw Farn's arm off when he needed healing and expressed concern that it might be infected after being bitten by a waern? I appreciated that. It was interesting to get a response other than <heal, hug>. Not that I mind prompt healing either, mind you.

Probably, Nilandia does a very good job of making healing an experience.

Fallen
09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I always thought the healing system could be made far more robust. Wounds would be more varied, and more complicated to heal. To not piss people off, though, it would only be implimented in NEW hunting grounds.

Drew
09-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Will they continue to ignore you? Probably not, but I would suggest watching what bridges you might be burning even accidentally. I know Meurii's player took it very OOC and left the warcamp party and hasn't been around since.

You know already due to a mistaken whisper later that day that I played it off as IC as I could, but when someone is perceived as purposely causing OOC drama. You tend to get ignored.

That being said, Strydyr ignores your char as best he can and you ignore Stry based on the fact that every conversation they have turns into a debate. :-D

This is an actual RP and IC rivalry I have grown to enjoy and it makes me laugh a little. Sad though that your character takes it so seriously that he now ignores one of his long time friends. Again, part of the story I suppose.

Maybe Meurii thought it was OOC but it was anything but. Chiv knows Brute IG, the actions took place IG. Chiv also hates half krolvins, but he's smart enough to know that he should take other angles than just "they are krolvin" if possible. The easy thing to do would be to ignore it, then I could have hunted and been friendly with people, instead of standing alone and bored in the North Market.

I think that my commitment to staying in character probably should be relatively obvious to you (Stry). Chiv has stopped talking to his best friend in game of the past five years because of her associations with Lornon elements. Obviously the easy thing to do would have been to just gloss over it, then he could have stayed friends with her. That's what bothers me about the Meurii situation, I care enough about my character to be true to him, but a lot of people care about their character until it gets hard and then abandon their RP so that it doesn't ruin social harmony. Most of the people who were hunting with Meurii were "good" characters who profess to stand for what is right... except when it is tough.

Nilandia
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
1. Rightly or wrongly Nilandia was viewed as a quest whore. I don't know if that is true or not, but I do know I was never involved in a quest that she didn't show up at. If you are viewed as a quest whore people will try to exclude you because they view you as an interloper.
Agreed that those who are viewed as interlopers tend to be excluded. I am sorry to hear that this might be the case for me as I've taken care only to get involved only in the storylines that would apply to my character. Still, perception is reality, right or wrong.

2. People who can control the flow of where stories go and who will be involved will tend to exclude wild cards. For instance, my main is a minor nobleman (something I would redo given the chance, it's tedious and unrewarding) but I would never say something like "I can rally 50 men to my cause!" If I did no one would call on me because they know that I can't actually do that and so you're just going to lead up to a situation where it's embarrassing for everyone and ruins suspension of disbelief.

They way you play Nilandia, "I'm a telepath and I can read thoughts and control minds and I'm an incredible mentalist with unknown powers" is totally unsupported by mechanics. Maybe you have fun exploring that route, but perhaps the reason no one called on you because you're the only empath there was because they didn't want you injecting your odd character RP into the situation. It's the same reason no one asks the guy dressed like Spock to join in the fan-reenactments at the Star Wars convention.
I can understand the idea of trying to reduce unpredictability. I can also understand the idea of mentalism being unsupported by mechanics, though an argument can be made that the existence of mental lores - telepathy lore especially - as well as empath spells that draw heavily on mentalist imagery would speak to the contrary. However, I recognize that portraying mentalism can be intensely personal and I'm careful to ask the people I wish to RP that with for permission before even starting down that road. I will point out that, to my knowledge, Nilandia has never claimed to be able to control people's minds.

Regarding the situation described, mentalism has been supported consistently throughout the storyline and afterward. Auchand was wonderful in dropping little tidbits for the mentalists to work with, and there were a few of us who participated in that route. That night, actually, a form of mentalism was the very thing being discussed. Auchand was very inclusive, actually, and would often play against a character's RP concept if it made sense, even if that RP went outside the bounds of accepted mechanics.

Gretchen

StrayRogue
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I think that my commitment to staying in character probably should be relatively obvious to you (Stry). Chiv has stopped talking to his best friend in game of the past five years because of her associations with Lornon elements. Obviously the easy thing to do would have been to just gloss over it, then he could have stayed friends with her. That's what bothers me about the Meurii situation, I care enough about my character to be true to him, but a lot of people care about their character until it gets hard and then abandon their RP so that it doesn't ruin social harmony. Most of the people who were hunting with Meurii were "good" characters who profess to stand for what is right... except when it is tough.

You're touching on another element of RP snobbery that irks me here, Drew. All these "good" characters and all these "evil" characters intermingling constantly. Sorry, but you don't just tolerate someone who is inherently bad. If they're kidnapping or doing other evil deeds, they should be killed on sight. You don't stand around mincing words. You dont go for a hunt and ACT glances suspiciously at Whoever every few minutes. You fucking burn them any chance you get.

It's so hilarious to see the excuses of some of these people who try to justify remaining civil to each other. It's utterly unrealistic and just another indicator of cliquedom.

Stry
09-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe Meurii thought it was OOC but it was anything but. Chiv knows Brute IG, the actions took place IG. Chiv also hates half krolvins, but he's smart enough to know that he should take other angles than just "they are krolvin" if possible. The easy thing to do would be to ignore it, then I could have hunted and been friendly with people, instead of standing alone and bored in the North Market.

Regarding Meurii: While I get it, and while I could see the way it could be seen as valid RP. It also had a very negative effect on the group from an OOC standpoint. That was all I was pointing out. I do get your point, even if I don't agree completely.

Regarding the hunts: Just because a Liabo characters hunts or associates with a Lornon aligned character in no way means they are being 'untrue' to their character, most of those people I had associated with plenty of times throughout the storyline. And all of them I have fought by their side during invasions.

I can see in your case where you have made that choice to shun anything to do with Lornon on Chiv how that could seem OOC for you.

Yes, these hunts were mostly set up OOC on the boards and via AIM, but if you really need/want an IC reason to look at it? - "Grimswarm have been pushing into Solhaven lately and we decide to put aside our differences long enough to drive them back to protect the town and the citizens."

Isn't that the whole pretense behind Sunfist and the Grimswarm?

Regarding your long time friends and our rivalry: I didn't mean to suggest that I felt that was OOC. I recognize how you play Chiv, and he infuriates Strydyr. It seemed sad to me as a player that Chiv would make such a choice. In Strydyr's mind, if someone he had known for years, trusted somebody to the same degree your friend trusts Stry... He would find out why.

I recognize Chiv doesn't do this and doesn't compromise. I was simply making an observation about the situation and that I found it slightly sad as a player. The same way you feel sad about a movie or book.

Fallen
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Can someone catch the uninformed up on this Meurii Claidhmore business?

Drew
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Can someone catch the uninformed up on this Meurii Claidhmore business?

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=46415

Long story short Meureii lied about the stats on the claidhmore and had no remorse afterwards.

Stry
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM
You're touching on another element of RP snobbery that irks me here, Drew. All these "good" characters and all these "evil" characters intermingling constantly. Sorry, but you don't just tolerate someone who is inherently bad. If they're kidnapping or doing other evil deeds, they should be killed on sight. You don't stand around mincing words. You dont go for a hunt and ACT glances suspiciously at Whoever every few minutes. You fucking burn them any chance you get.

It's so hilarious to see the excuses of some of these people who try to justify remaining civil to each other. It's utterly unrealistic and just another indicator of cliquedom.

You are being completely unrealistic.

Gemstone is not your "Typical Medieval" world of "BURN THE WITCH!"

Most 'evil' characters simply have their own agenda. Do some want to take over Solhaven? Sure. Do most prance around down and state it outright? No.

"Sorry, but you don't just tolerate someone who is inherently bad." - What the hell do you do? Start PKing them every chance you get? Is that valid RP?

The town justice system doesn't excuse killing because they happen to follow the wrong 50% of the Arkati available.

If we followed your so-called In Character ideas regarding 'evil' then GS would be in a constant state of out right war. It does not work this way in the world of GS. You trying to blame this supposed OOC behavior on cliques and elitism is just simply unrealistic.

Do cliques happen? Certainly. But not just in Solhaven.

Going warcamping as a group. (Anyone was invited around 90-100, if you read the forums) is perfectly in character regardless of what Arkati they may choose to follow.

You cannot sit there and judge each and every person and their character and why they would choose to go kill Grimswarm. Maybe they just enjoy a battle? Maybe it is to analyze their enemies in combat? Maybe they really do want to help the Knights defend town?

Sheesh, open your mind a bit.

Edit:

Let me add that there are times where the storylines do come to some CvC interactions. I saw this when a group in Solhaven kidnapped and threatened a particular person. In the process one of the Knights stepped in and killed one of the kidnappers. In turn the Knight got imploded.

Yes, it was a small skirmish and such is acceptable in a story, but does not happen on a regular basis.

StrayRogue
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
"Sorry, but you don't just tolerate someone who is inherently bad." - What the hell do you do? Start PKing them every chance you get? Is that valid RP?

If I was playing a classic DND chaotic good character, that would be my reaction yes. Or atleast to make their IC lives a misery. To do less would be to invalidate my characters beliefs/standings whatever.

I personally find it poor RP for good and bad characters to buddy up. I'm all for various shades of grey, but sorry if you're hanging about saying "I'm a badass Lornon supporter and I fuck up you good guys" you have no room to complain when you get killed. And neither do the so called "good guys" who stand there complaining.

Stry
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Well Gee it must be really "fun"

I don't think I've set foot in Solhaven for maybe four years.

Again, thank you for proving my point.

I am not talking about Solhaven four years ago. I am talking about the Solhaven I have experienced as a newcomer over the last 5-6 months.

StrayRogue
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Again, thank you for proving my point.

I am not talking about Solhaven four years ago. I am talking about the Solhaven I have experienced as a newcomer over the last 5-6 months.

The reactions of the people here mirror my own experiences years ago. So yeah, in my opinion Nothing has changed.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
If I was playing a classic DND chaotic good character, that would be my reaction yes. Or atleast to make their IC lives a misery. To do less would be to invalidate my characters beliefs/standings whatever.

I personally find it poor RP for good and bad characters to buddy up. I'm all for various shades of grey, but sorry if you're hanging about saying "I'm a badass Lornon supporter and I fuck up you good guys" you have no room to complain when you get killed. And neither do the so called "good guys" who stand there complaining.

This is pretty much my stance. There's a whole history for why my character doesn't like Mularosians going back to the GSS and the Sol occupation in particular, but the gist of it is that Nuadjha was inches from killing an avowed cleric of a god of pain and torture.

StrayRogue
09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
This is pretty much my stance. There's a whole history for why my character doesn't like Mularosians going back to the GSS and the Sol occupation in particular, but the gist of it is that Nuadjha was inches from killing an avowed cleric of a god of pain and torture.

But by acting IC you'd be a poor RPer because you killed them!11!!11!

Stry
09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
But by acting IC you'd be a poor RPer because you killed them!11!!11!

You two are missing the point.

I never said anywhere that killing someone was poor RP.

This started by me bashing on the 'gangsta' culture taking over the landing lately. Suggested that you could find much better RP in Solhaven.(Which is very true.)

This resulted in comments about the elitism and me offering my current experiences as evidence that it is not the same as it was four years ago and that if anyone came and put in the effort (beyond a few minutes) they would have a good time.

Is it that difficult a point to grasp?

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Dude, you're missing the point, not us. Sure, RP can be good in Sol; it's often far better than the Landing, but it's not perfect and it can be hard to break into. I pointed out a crappy instance of RP, Drew elaborated on the good/evil thing, and StrayRogue confirmed his opinion on the elitism, as did others.

Fallen
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Unfortunately, you can't just go around PKing because your roleplay supports it, especially if you mean to do it "on sight". It simply wont be tolerated by GMs. Believe me, I know.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately, you can't just go around PKing because your roleplay supports it, especially if you mean to do it "on sight". It simply wont be tolerated by GMs. Believe me, I know.

Yah. I wasn't talking about insta-ganking.

Stry
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Dude, you're missing the point, not us. Sure, RP can be good in Sol; it's often far better than the Landing, but it's not perfect and it can be hard to break into. I pointed out a crappy instance of RP, Drew elaborated on the good/evil thing, and StrayRogue confirmed his opinion on the elitism, as did others.

I never claimed anywhere the RP was perfect, just better.

I have also repeated several times that it takes effort due to the depth of the story lines. This does not however denote elitism.

So nice to see we agree...kind of... at least on something.
:deadhorse:

Merala
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Erikai came in to the scene during that big invasion where Solhaven sank and had little problem being a part of the storyline. I even went down into the cave. But that may also have been because of the fact that I came in with the Fury and was working with them. Fury was already pretty well established as allies and put into the storyline.

The RP there was good, people were into it, and you could really see the effort they were putting out. I had an all around good experience with the players.

Definitely better than the "gangsta gangsta" RP(?) that's recently hit the Landing.

Gelston
09-09-2010, 02:39 PM
SWEET THERE IS FINALLY THE GHETTO IN LANDING. I'm going to come back and make my black rogue Shawntavian as soon as possible. I WILL BE THE GANGSTA LEADER.

Merala
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
SWEET THERE IS FINALLY THE GHETTO IN LANDING. I'm going to come back and make my black rogue Shawntavian as soon as possible. I WILL BE THE GANGSTA LEADER.

You'd fit right in. :(

Gelston
09-09-2010, 02:59 PM
You'd fit right in. :(

It feels good to belong :)

LadyLaphrael
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I never claimed anywhere the RP was perfect, just better.

I have also repeated several times that it takes effort due to the depth of the story lines. This does not however denote elitism.

In my case, I may have only spent short amounts of time around some of these people, but my goal wasn't to get involved in a storyline or instantly become a part of their group. In my example, I made a simple request for assistance and was met with the nod-n-chuckle environment. If it's not a case of elitism, it's a case of being discourteous. If you were given honorific titles for your noble behavior, and a stranger lay dead at your feet, someone else pleading for any assistance...why would you ignore the situation? That's what confounds me about the RP in Solhaven.

I wonder if these two characters, my own and the one that was dead, had they had some sort of unique title or indicator that they were NPCs, would these people have helped? A hypothetical question, but I'm about 99% sure they would have.

BriarFox
09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I wonder if these two characters, my own and the one that was dead, had they had some sort of unique title or indicator that they were NPCs, would these people have helped? A hypothetical question, but I'm about 99% sure they would have.

Heh. :P

Farn
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Hah. If a random NPC candlemaker is in minor peril, every adventurer and their dog will be ready to help. I had a group of friends roll up a bunch of half-krol with some neat (we thought) backstory and reasons for being where they were and doing what they were doing. They were taken rather seriously by other adventurers until folk started to realize they weren't GM characters. This tends to be the case just about everywhere, in my experience.

Gelston
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I've never really hung out much in Solhaven. I usually end up in some sort of stupid altercation over the price of beans in emerging Congolese tribal societies. I did used to sit around in the broken tower to unfry from hunting Cyclops like 8 years ago, or something.

I can't say I've ever particularly been a fan of Solhaven. I meteor swarmed it a couple times in the past and there are a few people who frequent the place that I wouldn't object to seeing beaten with wet swimming pool noodles. I suppose I'm heavily biased against it, although when I was RPing holy crap, I did enjoy the temples.

Stry
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
In my case, I may have only spent short amounts of time around some of these people, but my goal wasn't to get involved in a storyline or instantly become a part of their group. In my example, I made a simple request for assistance and was met with the nod-n-chuckle environment. If it's not a case of elitism, it's a case of being discourteous. If you were given honorific titles for your noble behavior, and a stranger lay dead at your feet, someone else pleading for any assistance...why would you ignore the situation? That's what confounds me about the RP in Solhaven.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with getting help down there. It really is no secret we're short on empaths and clerics who are there regularly. Once in a while we have a healer who sits and basically can heal all afternoon and evening with no competition once people realize they can actually find them there.

I can tell you I would have helped if I were there. I've dragged people all the way to the Landing to find a cleric, because they didn't want the town cleric.

Not saying all are like this, and obviously there are people who are less than helpful. I wasn't there so I can't really say. I really don't think you should base your opinion of the environment and RP of the town in general off of the actions(or lack thereof) of a few.

There are a few douchebags, but thats the same with anywhere.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Agreed that those who are viewed as interlopers tend to be excluded. I am sorry to hear that this might be the case for me as I've taken care only to get involved only in the storylines that would apply to my character. Still, perception is reality, right or wrong.

I haven't been involved in a quest for a long time (and even way back when I preferred random interaction with NPCs, i.e. Lord Veythorne) but I talk to people who have and I do recall conversations and logs on the officials during stuff like the Casler storyline.. I'm not posting this as an attack, but more as a possible explanation for why you're being viewed as an 'interloper'. The gist of the complaint though is that there have been times when you've acquired important quest-related items that were for someone else. I think there are people who feel like you've known this and yet continued on the same course instead of rectifying the situation. In this sense, I think the perception is that you force interaction with your character instead of allowing it to occur more organically and at the expense of the inclusion of more people/people perhaps better suited for the leading roles.

I've never really RP'd too much with Nilandia and again, I'm not present at a lot of quest events, but from my lurking, log-reading, and just talking to people about quests and storylines, that's what I've pieced together. The good news is that no reputation has to be permanent, and even if you disagree with the fairness of the reputation just knowing why you're being perceived a certain way does give you the tools to fix it should you choose.

Nilandia
09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I haven't been involved in a quest for a long time (and even way back when I preferred random interaction with NPCs, i.e. Lord Veythorne) but I talk to people who have and I do recall conversations and logs on the officials during stuff like the Casler storyline.. I'm not posting this as an attack, but more as a possible explanation for why you're being viewed as an 'interloper'. The gist of the complaint though is that there have been times when you've acquired important quest-related items that were for someone else. I think there are people who feel like you've known this and yet continued on the same course instead of rectifying the situation. In this sense, I think the perception is that you force interaction with your character instead of allowing it to occur more organically and at the expense of the inclusion of more people/people perhaps better suited for the leading roles.

Then allow me to clarify the situation. Nilandia used to live in River's Rest and still visits on occasion when I'm in Prime. She has defended the interests of River's Rest when she can, and has had people invite her to come back. Her time there during the Casler storyline was the result of those invitations. Her acquisition of a quest-related item (whether it was important or not is debatable as it never factored into anything afterward) was nothing more than picking something up from the ground, which anyone else could have done. She always intended to make the item available to anyone who wished to know the story and as such, she asked Casler, whom she figured would know better than she did, how she could donate it to the museum for public display. He didn't seem to know the answer and after a time where nothing seemed to happen, she gave it to someone from River's Rest for safe keeping and eventual donation to the museum. She hasn't had possession of the item for several months.

The perception that I seek a leading role at the expense of others or somehow try to keep other people from being involved is about as far from the truth as it could be. I firmly believe in helping everyone get into roleplay who wish to be involved, storyline-related or no, and often spend time talking with people about things so they can join in if they wish. If I'm in a new town or with a new group of people during a storyline, as has happened when visiting Icemule in between Rift hunts, I try to stay on the fringes to watch the action unless I'm invited for something more in-depth. If there is something else that can be done to make it clear that I love more people joining in the fun, I'd love to hear it.

Gretchen

Merala
09-09-2010, 04:32 PM
First you make your reputation, then your reputation makes you.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
First you make your reputation.

In Soviet Solhaven, reputation makes you.

Drew
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
In Soviet Solhaven, reputation makes you.

In Chinese factory, you make reputation.

Ceyrin
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Totally agree with this sentiment.

That said, the unfortunate reality of Gemstone Prime is that killing another character for being evil and having commited evil deeds which did not effect or involve your character directly is generally turned around on you, the player. Generally resulting in WARN INTERACT and or a visit from GMs.

All I can say is, take the word of a guy who played a homicidal (not uberleetomghaxor assassin) Onarian priest for several years and around enough people to know that more often than not, when you give some character the beatdown, their player generally cries about it.

So, in order to continue playing a game we enjoy we are forced to make a choice. Keeping being that character and eventually get locked out, make sacrifices to the vision you have of your character and their "integrity", or make a new character who isn't so extreme.

I went with the third option myself, for what it's worth. Did I pussy out? Probably. Do I regret it? Sometimes. Am I glad I'm not locked out? Yes.

DCSL
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
This IM snippet reveals the truth!

Solhaven Piggy 3:04 pm
So I like how SOLHAVENERS are like, notorious naughty celebrities, on the PC.
ELITIST SWINE!
CIRCLEJERKERS!
Me 3:05 pm
Say "oink" for me!
Solhaven Piggy 3:05 pm
Little do they know, I hate just aOINK
OINK OINK

Mogonis
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Dieneces sings:

"In your heeeeeeaaad
In your heeeeeeaaad
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie ie ie ie"

m444w
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=46415

Long story short Meureii lied about the stats on the claidhmore and had no remorse afterwards.

He asked several well known weapon's dealers (myself included) to bad him, luckily I declined based on a few things not adding up... He tried to pull the ole "but my GM buddy said" line, and that rarely ever it true.

As much as it sucks to admit it, with the death of the amunet as the primary marketplace and the rise of the OOG messageboards, along the way a bit of that ICness has been transferred to it. Avantos/Paul is one of the premier merchants, but he does not merchant on the amunet with any regularity. Yet his character is still seen as such.

Therefore there are still going to hold IC consequences (let's not even open the can of worms of how he is still a "knight"). And he still has something that my character gave him, and he has yet to give back. Nothing particularly valuable, only a few million in worth, but it speaks volumes as to a character.

I'm sorry a few bone-heads have shun your character over it Drew, but the fact that you stood up in an IC and OOC matter over it, is commendable, even if those hypocrites IG refuse to recognize it as so.

HouseofElves
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
This IM snippet reveals the truth!

Solhaven Piggy 3:04 pm
So I like how SOLHAVENERS are like, notorious naughty celebrities, on the PC.
ELITIST SWINE!
CIRCLEJERKERS!
Me 3:05 pm
Say "oink" for me!
Solhaven Piggy 3:05 pm
Little do they know, I hate just aOINK
OINK OINK

Better yet, let's just call it the Solhaven Shore. Gym. Tan. Lobsters.

Latrinsorm
09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
but don't whisper to her that you like her outfit and you've heard so much about her.But I did like your outfit. :(
I tire of the whining from people who have never been seen in Solhaven and suddenly expect the citizens to leap to their feet and explain the entire storyline they have been playing for the last several months to you instantly to help you feel included the very moment you happen to walk into town. It is illogical.These "people" don't just automatically earn your respect, right? They have to get down in the dirt and beg for it just like anyone else.
And all of them I have fought by their side during invasions.Like the Mafia and the cops in the Rocketeer!

FNLN
09-10-2010, 12:34 AM

Had a cleric (granted one that does not openly discuss his faith) of a god of pain and torture standing next to you several times lately.

As it is there are very, very few actual clerics of Mularos in the game. (For the record, Siwas is not a cleric.) There were also several Mularosians who were not involved with the invasion and even actively opposed it for their own reasons.

On a somewhat related note, this is one reason I would love for one to be able to turn off the deity messaging on raise dead.

Ryvicke
09-10-2010, 12:39 AM
On a somewhat related note, this is one reason I would love for one to be able to turn off the deity messaging on raise dead.

You mean like when Mularosian clerics all got together one day and decided to cut their wrists and bleed on corpses' faces cause this was THE ONLY WAY.

Yeah, there needs to be a damn toggle.

Elvenlady
09-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Agreed, whilst it's perfect for my Lumnis gal, there's no way my Mularosian will be raising anyone in public again anytime soon, if ever.

Farn
09-10-2010, 12:49 AM
I would love for one to be able to turn off the deity messaging on raise dead.

Good grief. My Niiman cleric being made to smile while stroking the cheeks of the corpses he resurrects is a forced bad roleplaying moment every time. Particularly creepy when he resurrects males. The unique deity messaging is neat and all, but they crossed the line with the forced character actions instead of keeping it to unique messaging of the spell effects.

And I agree, there should be a way to use a generic messaging set for those who wish to conceal their Arkatic loyalties.

Ceyrin
09-10-2010, 01:03 AM
/agree with all the sentiment about toggling deity specific messaging for Raise Dead.

Though, not for the same reasons. Ceyrin never hides his affiliation with Onar, but that's another matter entirely.

What I didn't like was that I had already been using a raising ritual (via the ACTION command)that was part of my character, I did this for YEARS. Now it looks absurd when attached to the deity specific messaging not to mention extremely spammy.

Merala
09-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Totally unrelated, I've been trying for weeks...wtf does your sig say, Ceyrin?

SayGoodbye
09-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Totally unrelated, I've been trying for weeks...wtf does your sig say, Ceyrin?

It says virtual pimp

Merala
09-10-2010, 03:28 AM
OMG I get it!

lol at me being retarded...

Ceyrin
09-10-2010, 05:53 AM
OMG I get it!

lol at me being retarded...

You're not retarded, my sig is retarded. It's intended that way.

Stry
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Kryziel [General]: "<As Kryziel leans back and thinks, you see an image of a poor giantman wrapped in humble robes holding a cup and he is sitting by a sign that reads will pray for silver>"

... eh

Drew
09-10-2010, 03:22 PM
He's a mentalist.

Kainen
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
He's a mentalist.

Just leave off the ist.

ViridianAsp
09-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Agreed, having played a Luukosian (who is laughably enough a Ronanite now.) there is no way she'd ever want to show her devotion to someone who has never met her.

Deception means not letting on what you are, scaly hugs and sibilant hissing kind of lets on that you worship the big snakey god of undeath.

I asked about a toggle from the get-go and the response was that clerics wouldn't hide their following, which I think if you're a follower of a god who is less than honest is BS.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Count me also in the numbers of those disturbed by the specific messaging.

My cleric privately is very devout to Charl but publicly is mum on it. She feels it's intensely personal and that her "gift" of ressurrection is between her and the Arkati, not up for consumption/discussion of others. The messaging is extremely irritating and disruptive to individual RP, especially for outlier characters.

Dear GM(s) and Simu people who decided to force potentially inconsistent RP on us: Fuck you and die in a fire.

Mogonis
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Ledirth says, "If your staff is already magical, or you can do wondrous things with it, then this is not for you."

An arrow flies out of the shadows toward Ledirth!
AS: +609 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +52 = +319
... and hits for 47 points of damage!
Shot knocks Ledirth's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!

* Ledirth drops dead at your feet!

A voice from the crowd echoes, "Murder! Murder! Someone call for the night watchman!"

The scintillating brown light surrounding the arrow fades some.
The arrow sticks in Ledirth's left eye!

Ceyrin
09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Ledirth says, "If your staff is already magical, or you can do wondrous things with it, then this is not for you."

An arrow flies out of the shadows toward Ledirth!
AS: +609 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +52 = +319
... and hits for 47 points of damage!
Shot knocks Ledirth's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!

* Ledirth drops dead at your feet!

A voice from the crowd echoes, "Murder! Murder! Someone call for the night watchman!"

The scintillating brown light surrounding the arrow fades some.
The arrow sticks in Ledirth's left eye!

Mostly agree that this is indeed a bad moment in roleplaying. The exception I think would be if there was some specific beef that was played out between the characters in an IG way. Ceyrin had this with Siolan, and they spent some time trading deaths with eachother at an EG several years back. Mostly though, this was done when people weren't getting work, or the people who she was going to work for had already been chosen for the session (so as not to totally interrupt everything).

Mogonis
09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I was told Ledirth had been arguing with some people earlier this evening, and he may have even gotten out his dagger and attacked. Ledirth is quite grumpy towards players, so I can't say he didn't have it coming.

drunksolo
09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
He's also a thief. It would have better in the open though.

PS: Solhaven sucks.

Ceyrin
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I was told Ledirth had been arguing with some people earlier this evening, and he may have even gotten out his dagger and attacked. Ledirth is quite grumpy towards players, so I can't say he didn't have it coming.

So then maybe you should've posted this shit in the dueling folder or some shit instead motherfucker!!!!1o11onerawrbitch

=)

Asile
09-11-2010, 07:17 PM
He's also a thief.

He still claims Traiva owes him from one of his very first altering sessions, back in the spring. (Trust me, she paid him then.) But I have to say, bantering about it with him makes me really excited to go see him when he's around.

What was the fall-out from the murder?

Mumblz
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
the assassin took a 45 minute nap in a cage

ps. now the pirate really needs an eyepatch

Endlin
09-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Soullslayur says, "+8 shield use."

Soullslayur beams!

Farn
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Soullslayur says, "+8 shield use."

Soullslayur beams!

Careful. He'll slay your soul when he finds out you posted this.

Mogonis
09-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Gerant sings:

"Rod in hand
Your have value in the land
Tell your value now"

The long rod seems to respond to the magic of Gerant's song.

Gerant sings:

"Rod in my hand
What is your purpose
Tell me now"

Gerant sings:

"Rod in my hand
What magic you hold
Tell me now the spell in you"

Elvenlady
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Nnngh!

Mogonis
09-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Gotta call you out, Bein!

Beinifien says, "I know that axe...."

You see Lord Beinifien Do'ulness the Warlord.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He appears to be very young. He has violet eyes and black skin. He has shoulder length, white hair. He has a broad chest.
He has a black rose tattoo on his wrist.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a jagged-edged crimson krodera waraxe in his right hand.

Speaking to Beinifien, you say, "I demand you remove that ugly crimson dye from yours."

Beinifien says, "That would be like turning my Iroake claidhmore into enoake."

Beinifien nods to you.

You scratch your head.

You say, "No, it really wouldn't."

SayGoodbye
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Speaking to Polveiss, Emislity says, "I think I'm goign to watch so lme tv for a bit. GS is giving me a headache."

DCSL
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Speaking to Polveiss, Emislity says, "I think I'm goign to watch so lme tv for a bit. GS is giving me a headache."

Well, of course she has a headache. Thinking hurts.

Divinity
09-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are an errant, pig-eyed barnacle!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a frumpy, base-court skainsmate!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a craven canker-blossom!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a waggish ruffian!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a dankish, toad-spotted strumpet!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a jaded, pale-hearted ruffian!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a queasy, base-court ruffian!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a quailing, hedge-born gnome-cruncher!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a rank, weather-bitten rabbit-sucker!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are an infectious, raw-boned manticore-wrangler!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a goatish, iron-witted ruffian!"
>
(Tonklin ponders times infinity.)
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are an impertinent reiver-kisser!"
>
Soullslayur says to Tonklin, "You, sir, are a bootless, eye-offending halfling-tosser!"
>
Soullslayur traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
Soullslayur gestures.
Soullslayur suddenly disappears.
>
Polveiss says, "Stop it."
>
Great Lord Seecill just arrived.
>
>
>
Seecill gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
Polveiss glances around, looking a bit less confident.
>
Seecill gestures.
A dull golden nimbus surrounds Seecill.
>
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Polveiss.
>
You hear someone giggling.
>
(Tonklin ponders times infinity.)
>
Tonklin grins.
>
Tonklin strikes a heroic pose.
>
Seecill removes a carved mesille runestaff from in his grimy leather backpack.
>
Tonklin says, "Victory."
>
Tonklin says, "Is mine."
>
Great Lord Seecill just went out.
>
Soullslayur suddenly fades into view.
>
(Soullslayur ponders times infinity plus infinity.)
>
Soullslayur nods.
>
(Soullslayur ponders times infinity plus infinity and 1.)
>
(Tonklin ponders times infinity plus infinity plus two!)
>
Soullslayur returns to normal color.
>
(Soullslayur ponders times infinity plus infinity plus two times three!)

Mogonis
09-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Kill it.

Drew
09-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Not so much a 'bad' moment but sort of funny:

Whisker's group just arrived.
>
Cinabar heartily says, "Wanna get married."
>
Whisker's group just went through a wrought-iron gate.
>

Latrinsorm
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Even funnier if you understand heartily to mean "drunk enough to be overly friendly"-ly.

Merala
09-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Helsfeld [General]: "Sellin...a 2x DCW +2 dex bonus +5 mana Regen...first 1.5 mil."

Is the Landing thought net now considered OOC or what? This is like the fifth instance of this (all by different people) since I've been here. I only been in town like three days...

Mogonis
09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
No. Early this year someone told me that a GM stated it was okay to include information like that because it shows up in loresinging.

Bastard.

Merala
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
so instead of "four times enchanted" +20 is okay now?

I suppose talking about my "street cred" "homeboys" and being a "gangsta" is cool now too right?

Oh yeah, must be, cause people already do that.

Enjoy it while it lasts, the end is near...

Ryvicke
09-23-2010, 10:07 AM
No. Early this year someone told me that a GM stated it was okay to include information like that because it shows up in loresinging.

Bastard.

I don't remember ever reading this as a stated policy change.

I'd personally report that OOC cause I have several sticks up my ass.

Mogonis
09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't remember ever reading this as a stated policy change.

I'd personally report that OOC cause I have several sticks up my ass.
It wasn't official. Believe me, I used to politely ask people not to be OOC, then report them if they persisted. GM Scribes even told me to do just that.

The amunet is ruined forever, riddled with smileys, narrating actions, and what used to be OOC. To get it back, everyone has to care about and respect it. Everyone has to have the mental capacity to pretend it's something we "hear" and not "see," but it'll never happen.

Ryvicke
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM
It wasn't official. Believe me, I used to politely ask people not to be OOC, then report them if they persisted. GM Scribes even told me to do just that.

The amunet is ruined forever, riddled with smileys, narrating actions, and what used to be OOC. To get it back, everyone has to care about and respect it. Everyone has to have the mental capacity to pretend it's something we "hear" and not "see," but it'll never happen.

Just think to the person and tell them you're interested but you won't buy anything from someone that sells over the amunet using OOC terms. It'll be funny to you because you know you're not hilariously stuck up as to be such an RP-nazi, but they will think you are and the duality of your visions concerning the character "Mogonis" and the actual "self" of the player will be exciting.

Anyhow, whatever, if enough people bitch them out they'll quit. Nobody but you knows about this "GM changing the rules" thing so if enough people tell them it's against the rules to do so it'll change. Also just REPORT, chances are you'll get a GM that also doesn't know about this "GM rules change" and they'll send them a quick SEND to be more IC about it.

Mogonis
09-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Just think to the person and tell them you're interested but you won't buy anything from someone that sells over the amunet using OOC terms. It'll be funny to you because you know you're not hilariously stuck up as to be such an RP-nazi, but they will think you are and the duality of your visions concerning the character "Mogonis" and the actual "self" of the player will be exciting.

Anyhow, whatever, if enough people bitch them out they'll quit. Nobody but you knows about this "GM changing the rules" thing so if enough people tell them it's against the rules to do so it'll change. Also just REPORT, chances are you'll get a GM that also doesn't know about this "GM rules change" and they'll send them a quick SEND to be more IC about it.
It isn't always someone selling something. People still use the amunet to say they're buying a fixskills potion, or saying other stupid stuff. The GMs stopped caring about the amunet years ago. They don't enforce policy anymore, and I stopped policing the amunet because it's absolutely futile.

Drew
09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
One thing you can say about Andraste is that she always polices this kind of stuff when she is on.

Stry
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Naskuz [General]: "(OOC) smoke break... is it safe in TSC?"

Are you fucking serious?

DCSL
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Naskuz [General]: "(OOC) smoke break... is it safe in TSC?"

Are you fucking serious?

He was a real winner in Ta'Vaalor too, recently. ENJOY!

Mogonis
09-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Manodieth says, "Last time I was here some stupid golem pwned me."

Stry
09-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Metoer [General]: "Who the FUCK is spreading lies about me?! I didn't cast Meteor Shower in town, I don't even KNOW the God damn spell!"

FIRST!

Stry
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
and...

Metoer [General]: "Ooc Would someone PLEASE inform me of who sent Darckwizard to kill me for unjust reasons so I can Warn them appropriately?

This kid is srys bizniss..

Mogonis
09-28-2010, 01:26 AM
It gets better. He "hides out" in the Thrak Party Room, then starts bitching, possibly trying to respond to a GM.

Metoer deeply says, "So I have no recourse? There's absolutely NOTHING I as a player can do here? Since I'm too low a training to defend myself."

Metoer deeply says, "I don't even want to be here if I'm just going to be killed for someone's slipped mouth."

Metoer deeply asks, "Ooc What can I do?"

Then Tillmen sends a familiar. Then he shows up and all is quiet.

[Private]-GSIV:Tillmen: "SEND[Naionna] I've already taken care of this with Metoer, so its best to let it go now. I appreciate the attempt to help, however."

Metoer deeply says, "I just can't win."

Metoer deeply says, "They get to do whatever they want, and I can't do anything."

DCSL
09-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Is that in Prime?!

Mogonis
09-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Heh.

[Raging Thrak Inn, Party Room]
This room is festive and cheery compared to the rest of the Thrak. Decorations of foil and brightly colored parchment adorn the walls, and streamers hang from the large wrought iron chandelier. Tables and trays laden with good victuals, fine drinks and novel items fill the room. The clamour of rambunctious, good-spirited adventurers echoes through the chamber. You also see a doorway and a simple wooden wastebasket.
Also here: Lord Metoer
Obvious exits: none

Metoer deeply says, "Not an enjoyable game any more."

Lord Metoer just went through a doorway.
[Raging Thrak Inn, Barroom]
A long and polished wooden bar occupies the whole north wall of the tavern here in The Raging Thrak, which is named for the fiery proprietor. Hard wooden chairs, tables and benches are spaced liberally throughout the room. The tavern does good business, and seems to be at least half full, no matter what time of day. You also see a cadaverous pale ivory imp and a doorway.
Also here: Lord Metoer, Antaco, Drung
Obvious exits: north, south, west, out

Lord Metoer just went north.
[Raging Thrak Inn, Dining Room]
Loud and abusive noises emanate from behind the swinging kitchen doors, much to the laughing delight of some of the customers, and to the chagrin of others. Tapestries hanging from the walls depict soothing idyllic wildlife scenes. Hard wooden tables and chairs are placed evenly, allowing enough space for the cook and wait servants to pass. You also see a ruffled narrow-winged falcon, some inviting tables and a cozy nook.
Also here: Lord Metoer
Obvious exits: south, southwest

Metoer heads over to the Sea Thrak Table.

Stry
09-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Macalia says, "Whisper golem i'd like to make slow passionate love to you."

Awesome, awesome night in the landing...

DCSL
09-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Between that shit and the stuff with Daykos earlier, we must look like a bunch of whiny bitches to the GMs lately.

Gelston
09-28-2010, 02:51 AM
rofl. Someone told me Metoer meteor swarmed us earlier, and it made sense because his name was metoer. So I immolated the shit out of him.

I got this later...

SEND[Naionna] By the way, Metoer doesn't have 525 so he couldn't have cast it.
SEND[Naionna] Yeah, lets make sure you SEE the person doing it before killing him for it next time please. Thanks.

WRoss
09-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Dessedemona: [General] "Hey asshat rogane you pathetic twep ..lie a lttle louder i recorded YOU attaciing galen fdst dipsj@t and ..wail your innocence all you want puss ..i never touched yopu or your mongrol hordes aeses ..and mr yer so strong tooi you and 2 of yer nots 7 hits to kill me ..hah."

Stry
09-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Damnit you beat me to it!

Divinity
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Her typing is particularly bad in that one. She must have been really high, drunk or something. Sometimes it is better than others.

She's OOC a lot.

Tordane
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
She's OOC a lot.

http://www.pcwize.com/thebat/pcwsmileys/pcwimages/award-understatement.jpg

Fallen
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Her typing is particularly bad in that one. She must have been really high, drunk or something. Sometimes it is better than others.

She's OOC a lot.

Just report that shit every time she does it. The GMs will shut her up. With any luck, she'll mouth off to them and earn herself a short ban.

WRoss
09-30-2010, 02:12 PM
You all missed the best part of it. She tried to expel me from Twilight for killing her. I referred her to the charter where it says that you can be expelled for being OOC and trash talking. We'll see where this goes.

HouseofElves
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
(Hoodtralfeck pokes Eliku with the needle infecting him with only Lumnis knows what.)

Mumblz
09-30-2010, 04:31 PM
she has her own version of custom swearing, i find it quite lovely actually, really makes you feel the oomph of being on the other end of someone's ire

Stry
09-30-2010, 09:28 PM
(Hoodtralfeck pokes Eliku with the needle infecting him with only Lumnis knows what.)

It's Implicate, not Act. Sheesh, get it right. :banghead:

Vagabondbard
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Dessedemona: [General] "Hey asshat rogane you pathetic twep ..lie a lttle louder i recorded YOU attaciing galen fdst dipsj@t and ..wail your innocence all you want puss ..i never touched yopu or your mongrol hordes aeses ..and mr yer so strong tooi you and 2 of yer nots 7 hits to kill me ..hah."

I told her she shouldnt have thought to you at all. All you ever do is come here and and post anyways.

"You all missed the best part of it. She tried to expel me from Twilight for killing her. I referred her to the charter where it says that you can be expelled for being OOC and trash talking. We'll see where this goes."

As I explained to you. You are being kicked out for killing a house officer as he was announcing a house event. Then when you realized what ya did ya came talked some trash at said event and proclaimed Dessedemona and Galenblackbard were safe for that time. You should have attacked us again. Go find another House I am sure they are lining up to take you in.

:)

WRoss
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I told her she shouldnt have thought to you at all. All you ever do is come here and and post anyways.

"You all missed the best part of it. She tried to expel me from Twilight for killing her. I referred her to the charter where it says that you can be expelled for being OOC and trash talking. We'll see where this goes."

As I explained to you. You are being kicked out for killing a house officer as he was announcing a house event. Then when you realized what ya did ya came talked some trash at said event and proclaimed Dessedemona and Galenblackbard were safe for that time. You should have attacked us again. Go find another House I am sure they are lining up to take you in.

Of course I'd come here and post that. That is just another example of how....OOC she always is. As for the trying to expel me, I'll leave that IG for now, but when it's over, I'll be sure to share all the details.

Divinity
10-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Just report that shit every time she does it. The GMs will shut her up. With any luck, she'll mouth off to them and earn herself a short ban.

You know me. I tried. I also gave up trying to report this crap years ago. They don't really seem to care to do anything about it. I mean, the woman has at LEAST three accounts and has been playing all of them for a very long time. I'm damn sure they're aware of the situation.

I didn't know this but who in the black hell made her the lead on Twilight Hall?

ETA: I read the other posts in the thread after posting this. Sorry for the redundancy.

Divinity
10-01-2010, 01:49 AM

Sounds like RP to me. What exactly is the problem with him trash talking at a House event with someone he dislikes in-game at an.. in-game event?

Twilight Hall used to not be so damn fickle. The House went to shit and now I know why.

WRoss
10-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Maetriks: [General] "Well, y'all can call me an rp nazi."

Divinity
10-01-2010, 01:59 AM

ROFL

Ltlprprincess
10-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Yes, I was dying myself when I saw that I did that. Slam ahead. I deserve that one. Sleep deprivation makes for interesting lnet/amunet typos.

Vagabondbard
10-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Sounds like RP to me. What exactly is the problem with him trash talking at a House event with someone he dislikes in-game at an.. in-game event?

Twilight Hall used to not be so damn fickle. The House went to shit and now I know why.

Few problems but first off "Trash Talk" is not allowed according to charter least from the email Ross sent me.

"Other similar speech or actions deemed disruptive by the Tribunal."

Again according to the email Ross sent me.

Now between someone thinking the words recorded you and Rogane's actions the choice to me is pretty simple.

We will see.

Funny how Rogane's RP is to immediately go player vs player when an invasion starts. Just so he can use 1718 on player characters and then attack Dessedemona (The Chairman of the House he is currently in) twice more to make sure shes dead and then when he pays for that death with his own he comes and attacks me and kills her again as we are trying to get a Calendared Event off.

No. The lie here is that Rogane is role playing and everything is IC.

GBB

Parker
10-01-2010, 03:28 AM
If Rogane isn't roleplaying...then what the fuck have you and your 'wife' been doing for years?

Merala
10-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Yes, I was dying myself when I saw that I did that. Slam ahead. I deserve that one. Sleep deprivation makes for interesting lnet/amunet typos.

I think the whole thing fails. You'd think if your character was the minion of an evil summoner you'd be doing some fighting. Personally all I see is trash talking and hiding out. If you and the whole lot of people involved are doing anymore than sending thoughts out over the net proclaiming our doom I haven't seen it.

Though that's hilarious, I wish I had seen it.

Gelston
10-01-2010, 09:36 AM
D00dz u r doomed thx

Ryvicke
10-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Neither Dessedemona nor Rogane roleplay. Their existences are why (formerly) cool houses like Twilight used to be selective.

Fallen
10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I've never seen Rogane be grossly OOC in public. He is also able to form coherent sentences with some reliability. Gemstone doesn't demand that you actively roleplay. It does, however, have rules against just about everything Desse says on a day-to-day basis. I really wish I was exaggerating, but i'm not.

Sweets
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I've never seen Rogane be grossly OOC in public. He is also able to form coherent sentences with some reliability. Gemstone doesn't demand that you actively roleplay. It does, however, have rules against just about everything Desse says on a day-to-day basis. I really wish I was exaggerating, but i'm not.

This. Rogane can be a raging pain in the ass but it's done IC. That gets a whole lot more points than whatever Dess spews.

BriarFox
10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Sounds like Desse and GBB are butthurt and trying to manipulate Twilight policy to support their personal vendettas. Kick 'em both out. Desse is the sole reason I never joined Twilight on my wizard after I found out she was supposed to "interview" me.

Jhynnifer
10-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Was that during the the episode on lich where we were making fun of Foxs and she was trying to say he wasn't a he at all but a she?

Elvenlady
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Rogane can be a raging pain in the ass but it's done IC. That gets a whole lot more points than whatever Dess spews.

Vagabondbard
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
If Rogane isn't roleplaying...then what the fuck have you and your 'wife' been doing for years?

Now this is interesting. Most nights we just sit around are grossly lovy-dovey hunt, help friends, and have a good time at the dais.

Whats interesting here is the wife in quotations. People do have in character wives in Gemstone right? I know the general rule is to fuck your neighbor, steal their shit by fooling em into their passwords, false advertising etc. I don't do any of that.

Nor do I care for PvP but that doesnt mean Im incapable of it. I would have been fine keeping this all in game, but thats impossible with Ross and Desse because they dislike each other OUT of game. Which leads me to the point. Roleplaying your OOC dislikes of a character is what I feel is behind this on WRoss's part. Which is why he comes here looking for lulz. I tell Desse's player to ignore him at every instance because she does not do well with people who try to push her buttons. The difference between one and the other is that Desse means well while Ross is only out for Ross generally speaking.

Another example. Ross is chairman for the presitige of Chairman. Desse is Chairman to help out the house thats in need. Its why she became arbiter, its why she became an officer period. They asked her to help.

I have been told Ross has Rogane running around claiming to represent Twilight during hunts and we have had complaints about the character Rogane. Is this the character Rogane rp of wanting to be an officer again? Or is this the character wanting to be kicked out of Twilight. I think its just Rogane being an AOLsnert whenever possible.

Phoenix has Waldo2, I was happy in Phoenix. Trust me I do not need to be in Twilight. Nor does Ross. If he cant stop his OOC rage from hindering House events he doesn't belong in the House. IMO.

GBB

AnticorRifling
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Trust me I do not need to be in Twilight.

GBB

You've brought this up more than once. Get the fuck out, take Ms. derp derp herbe gerb eye c wut u did thur derp derp with you.

Parker
10-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Now this is interesting. Most nights we just sit around are grossly lovy-dovey hunt, help friends, and have a good time at the dais.

I have been told Ross has Rogane running around claiming to represent Twilight during hunts and we have had complaints about the character Rogane. Is this the character Rogane rp of wanting to be an officer again? Or is this the character wanting to be kicked out of Twilight. I think its just Rogane being an AOLsnert whenever possible.

You sit at the Dais, have a good time that destroys every ounce of potential RP around you by being as OOC as is apparently possible. Gemstone is not a chatroom. /AOLsnert/

And for every complaint you have gotten concerning Rogane, I guarantee that there have been 10 complaints against Dess. Aside from the newcomer I've seen in Icemule, Clounious, she is the single weakest roleplayed character in the game. She quoted Lady Gaga in the middle of the Dais for chrissake.

You may be a decent guy, who knows. She's a raging, bumbling idiot, and while she represents the failing house, she also represents your choice in companionship. I for one feel bad for you.

Ltlprprincess
10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Was that during the the episode on lich where we were making fun of Foxs and she was trying to say he wasn't a he at all but a she?

Nope, definitely not. This was much later in the night.

awol0509
10-01-2010, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Parker;1181093]... Aside from the newcomer I've seen in Icemule, Clounious....QUOTE]

:lol: he certainly is pretty bad. And I know that it's not that he doesn't know better too. I've told him and I know a couple others have told him about his OOC actions. There's no helping some people...

WRoss
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
You sit at the Dais, have a good time that destroys every ounce of potential RP around you by being as OOC as is apparently possible. Gemstone is not a chatroom. /AOLsnert/

And for every complaint you have gotten concerning Rogane, I guarantee that there have been 10 complaints against Dess. Aside from the newcomer I've seen in Icemule, Clounious, she is the single weakest roleplayed character in the game. She quoted Lady Gaga in the middle of the Dais for chrissake.

You may be a decent guy, who knows. She's a raging, bumbling idiot, and while she represents the failing house, she also represents your choice in companionship. I for one feel bad for you.

you know it's bad when someone who has never said a nice thing about me or my chars sticks up for me

Vagabondbard
10-01-2010, 01:17 PM
You've brought this up more than once. Get the fuck out, take Ms. derp derp herbe gerb eye c wut u did thur derp derp with you.

Now that is an idea! I want to use the house as a locker and never participate in anything just like 99 percent of the people in Twilight or any of the houses really.

Come and be fucking chairman. Do the work. There is a need to not see the House just sit and be idle. I think every event we have been apart of has been loads of fun and IC. Granted at times I have zoned out because of real world stuff.

Come to an event as see for yourself :) I tend to think participation makes the house better. I guess Twilight can just become a locker. How fun is that!

GBB

Methais
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Now that is an idea! I want to use the house as a locker and never participate in anything just like 99 percent of the people in Twilight or any of the houses really.

Come and be fucking chairman. Do the work. There is a need to not see the House just sit and be idle. I think every event we have been apart of has been loads of fun and IC. Granted at times I have zoned out because of real world stuff.

Come to an event as see for yourself :) I tend to think participation makes the house better. I guess Twilight can just become a locker. How fun is that!

GBB

http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2009/04/twilightpartyideas_2.jpg

Parker
10-01-2010, 01:30 PM
you know it's bad when someone who has never said a nice thing about me or my chars sticks up for me

You're an honest merchant, and a total dickbag otherwise.

<3? Maybe?

Methais
10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Seregynn deeply says, "Thankee much ill brb."
>
Lord Seregynn just went south.

Jhynnifer
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
This is like watching Die Hard 2 and Die Hard 4 at the same time...

they're both terrible, but you keep hoping Bruce is going to make it worth your time.

Celephais
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Whats interesting here is the wife in quotations.

How can you stand to be around someone who talks and acts like she does? Do you ever try to correct her? Grow some balls, and straiten her out. Take that to be as "pimp handed" as you want, but seriously, she needs to know that she's a detriment to the community, despite her intentions, and all you're doing is encouraging her to continue acting like she does by not speaking up.

Vagabondbard
10-01-2010, 02:41 PM
How can you stand to be around someone who talks and acts like she does? Do you ever try to correct her? Grow some balls, and straiten her out. Take that to be as "pimp handed" as you want, but seriously, she needs to know that she's a detriment to the community, despite her intentions, and all you're doing is encouraging her to continue acting like she does by not speaking up.

This is a good idea. I don't encourage her. I do correct her...though not always. I don't see how someone who means well always can be a detriment to the community. We always help whenever possible. Whether it be rescues, lost item hunts, gem singing, box opening, loresinging, raising, spell ups.

did you not see where I said I told her not to talk to rogane? Where I didn't agree with warn interact? I think desse is much better than you all remember her. what she did while I was gone has no bearing to me now that I have returned for the last two years.

GBB

Methais
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't see how someone who means well always can be a detriment to the community.

Never heard of liberals?

yesicj
10-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't see how someone who means well always can be a detriment to the community.

She spent the last Twilight meeting I could stomach sitting through calling Deso "mini me" and talking about how people target him by accident when they're together because don't type out enough of their respective names to get it right.

Stry
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
More TSC fail...

Juxtaposition softly says, "Ima get a dog, name it Kaylisidee, kick it all day long."

I can live with this... but the response?

Kaylisidee softly says, "Guess that is only fair...since I took a dump named Juxaposition...and flushed it."

Apparently we have indoor plumbing now in GS...

Tolwynn
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Technically, they do. Remember having to flush to get into the Landing CoL?

Jhynnifer
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Technically, they do. Remember having to flush to get into the Landing CoL?

^^^^

Its borderline stupid, though.

Tolwynn
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Not arguing the stupid part, the game is so riddled with anachronisms it's hard to hang an argument on them, though.

Asha
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Not really anachronisms since we don't know if toilets were already invented billions of years ago.
Incidentally there should be a CRAP verb after you're hidden.

AnticorRifling
10-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Billions of years ago? Wesley come get you a dinosaur!

Tolwynn
10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
If not toilets, what about automated assembly lines, sunglasses, indoor skating rinks, pleasure cruiseliners, slot machines, etc, etc.

Jhynnifer
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
You know I keep thinking to myself whether or not this is the "new" world of Gemstone IV and if I should just learn to take it with a grain of salt and expect that any decent IC and GOOD interaction with players is going to be few and far between.

Are there really not enough of us left that give a damn?

Is it too much to ask to think before you type and at least attempt to sound IC, adult and not like a fucking 15 year old WoW player?

Asha
10-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm probably just being picky but there's no timeline comparable to ours in RL or in game. Maybe everything you think is out of place is a prototype :D

StrayRogue
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Toilets (flushable ones) have indeed been around for thousands of years.

Abilene
10-01-2010, 04:30 PM
The first site listed in the results, Sulabh International Museum of Toilets, offered some very interesting exhibits, along with a detailed history of toilets. There we learned that seated toilets with drainage systems date back to 2500 B.C..

However, it seems the idea of toilets went down the drain until the mid-1700s. Reading further, we found the answer to your question -- the first valve-type flush toilet was introduced in 1738 by a man named J.F. Brondel. Of course, the "water closet" had been invented 150 years earlier by John Harrington, and the valve toilet would undergo many serious revisions before it came to resemble the modern bathroom fixture we use today. Thankfully, most of the incremental improvements are fully credited in Sulabh's toilet history.

Strangely, there was one name that didn't appear anywhere in the fascinating document: Thomas Crapper. We'd long heard stories about the toilet being invented by man named Crapper. Had we been taken in by a schoolyard myth?

We went back to our original search and clicked on Web Pages. From there, we found a page titled The History of Plumbing. It informed us that Crapper didn't invent the toilet, but was an English plumber from the late 1800s who held nine patents for plumbing products.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20000221.html

COOL STORY BRA!

StrayRogue
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfjvRR41How

CrystalTears
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Simu/Gemstone/Elanthia has their own set of rules. Just because it existed for the real world doesn't mean that the GMs allowed it to be part of their psycho world.

i.e. We can have spaceships but not cashmere.

Latrinsorm
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Is it too much to ask to think before you type and at least attempt to sound IC, adult and not like a fucking 15 year old WoW player?This is almost certainly what the crusty old guard said about us, only substituting "AOL" for "WoW". It's probably about the same as it's always been.

Jhynnifer
10-01-2010, 04:51 PM
10 years ago it was not this bad. There were some stupid moments, but on the whole that kind of retarded behavior was not accepted by the masses.

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 04:57 PM
But the masses today are the people responsible for those moments. Plus the influx of 11-year-olds and their newfound addiction to all that is wrong with today's youth.

Ryvicke
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Would you rather have gemstone forever, but have to wear a shirt made out of its pubes--or not have gemstone at all?

StrayRogue
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
10 years ago it was not this bad. There were some stupid moments, but on the whole that kind of retarded behavior was not accepted by the masses.

I remember people saying exactly the same thing 10 years ago.

Ltlprprincess
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Would you rather have gemstone forever, but have to wear a shirt made out of its pubes--or not have gemstone at all?

Visual I could do without.

Gelston
10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
10 years ago it was as bad as it was now. Hell, the further you go back, the worse it gets. Memories tend to be better then the reality.

I recall looking back at some logs I had on my old computer from around 2002ish, AS, DS, TD, CS, etc. were mentioned heavily. I remember there was commonly arguments about whether or not imflass was 2.5x or 3x, being that there is no such think as half an enchant. Furhter adding that no, its +12, 3x is +15.

Atleast we didn't have people typing smilies and shit though.

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
And narrating their actions.

You hear the thoughts of dipshit echo in your mind: "::laugh::"

Stry
10-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Billions of years ago? Wesley come get you a dinosaur!

I want a raptor mount pls.

NocturnalRob
10-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Visual I could do without.
Obviously not a fan of 30 Rock.

Asha
10-01-2010, 08:09 PM
And narrating their actions.

You hear the thoughts of dipshit echo in your mind: "::laugh::"

I never minded narrations of sound on thought net.

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 08:47 PM
So you lack the mental capacity to pretend that the amunet is something you hear and not read?

Gelston
10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't mind so much things like ::laugh:: but when they start performing actions like poking people and stuff.. I always thought that was retarded.

Asha
10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
So you lack the mental capacity to pretend that the amunet is something you hear and not read?

So you lack the capacity to properly understand what I've just posted?

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 09:01 PM
So you lack the capacity to properly understand what I've just posted?
So you lack the capacity to properly convey sarcasm?

Asha
10-01-2010, 09:13 PM
So you lack the capacity to properly convey sarcasm?

Jesus Christ. People use italics when implementing sarcasm in text form because it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to pick up without intonation.
Also, if I'd had problems understanding your post it would be COMPREHEND not 'convey' you stupid fucking fuck.

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Jesus Christ. People use italics when implementing sarcasm in text form because it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to pick up without intonation.
Also, if I'd had problems understanding your post it would be COMPREHEND not 'convey' you stupid fucking fuck.
So it wasn't a serious statement (as I had originally comprehended it), and it wasn't in italics so it wasn't sarcastic. What, exactly, did you convey then?

Divinity
10-01-2010, 09:29 PM

To be fair, Galenblackbard (when played by the owner and not Desse) is a good guy. Sometimes he does encourage her OOC moments but it's not often.

She will quote songs, poems (not originally by her) and more. It's annoying, she doesn't stop and GMs don't say shit when I've reported it.

This is a good idea. I don't encourage her. I do correct her...though not always. I don't see how someone who means well always can be a detriment to the community. We always help whenever possible. Whether it be rescues, lost item hunts, gem singing, box opening, loresinging, raising, spell ups.

did you not see where I said I told her not to talk to rogane? Where I didn't agree with warn interact? I think desse is much better than you all remember her. what she did while I was gone has no bearing to me now that I have returned for the last two years.

GBB

I think YOU mean well. Desse does have motives and she has made them clear to me and others on occasion, especially with the use of her alts. I never took the rumors about her having sex parties or orgies with a grain of salt until she approached my character and wanted to do it with one of your alts (a giantmen that begins with "R", I won't drop the name). She kept pressing the issue in OOC whispers. It's damn rude and embarrassing for the both of you.

I've never considered a friend but I did give her an honest try to be a neutral party to the bs said about her. In the end, she proved a lot of the rumors right and is a meddling, OOC, pain-in-GS-ass.

Friendly advice: Don't let her play your character anymore. She's misrepresenting you and/or your character.

Mogonis
10-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Dess sometimes plays GBB? That...explains a few things.

DCSL
10-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Edited to take out my verbally spitting on the notion of Desse having good intentions towards the community. I'll leave it that I disagree heartily and find no redeeming value in her as a member of that community. At all.

magiceatsyou
10-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh yay, more!

Dessedemona [General]: "Demyse you are as sly as a .....say ..fox."

Demyse [General]: "The second time we've heard you all night Dessedemona? Were you legs in the air most of the evening? Stuck in the Tavern perhaps?"

Later...

Dieneces [Merchant]: "Though earlier I was tongue punchin Demyse's mom's fart box."

Wait WTF? Yeah, I'm done, there is to many things I could post...

DCSL
10-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Everyone's a winner!

Methais
10-02-2010, 03:16 AM
http://www.ubermike.com/photos/d/1135-2/PB2K_-_Everyones_A_Winner.jpg

Stry
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Me on AIM to a friend:

Lord Strydyr (3:46:05 PM): Damnit, tell Dunav I need a new PC quote

Suddenly in game:

Grhim [General]: "Like in dalaran my favorite thing in the world is to go where all the portals are for horde and jump on the top of one of those 2 statues."

You (Focused to Grhim) [General]: "You win..."

AIM:
Lord Strydyr (3:46:26 PM): never mind

Jhynnifer
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Testing my new signature.

Merala
10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Testing my new signature.

Haha...should I say it or should I not?

Jhynnifer
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Wat? Seems appropriate in the thread of nommable Rogane goodness.

Divinity
10-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Please tell me that wasn't said where the GS public could read it in-game.

Ltlprprincess
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Please tell me that wasn't said where the GS public could read it in-game.

No... this was on lnet. I think I would be in a consultation lounge right now if it were on the amunet.

Divinity
10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Then what the hell is that doing in the roleplaying moments thread?

Ltlprprincess
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Then what the hell is that doing in the roleplaying moments thread?

I believe she did it as a quote in regards to the back and forth about Rogane. Nothing more.

WRoss
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
What back and forth? You flipped your lid.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/mild_insomnia/WhySoMad.jpg

Ltlprprincess
10-02-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=WRoss;1181554]What back and forth? You flipped your lid.

I was talking about the back and forth in the PC about you, lnet. No worries.

Jhynnifer
10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
meh I posted the sig here because it seemed appropriate to the Rogane drama and it was pretty fucking hilarious to watch Maetriks flip her lid.

Ltlprprincess
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
meh I posted the sig here because it seemed appropriate to the Rogane drama and it was pretty fucking hilarious to watch Maetriks flip her lid.

Yeah... that's rare to be honest.

Ceyrin
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
What back and forth? You flipped your lid.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/mild_insomnia/WhySoMad.jpg

I'll see your lol cat, and raise you a...

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/SantaKhala/SuperCoolStoryBro.png

Gelston
10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
You [General]: "If I hate multi-millionaire football players will my son be one of those?"
[LNet]-GSIV:Izabela: "that's your dad's problem"
[LNet]-You: "ROFL ROFL"
[LNet]-GSIV: Dayko: "squeals..."
[LNet]-GSIV: Dayko: "another arca!"
[LNet]-GSIV: Darknick: "sounds just like american beauty"
[LNet]-GSIV:Lillyen: "hahahahah"
[LNet]-You: "You [General]: "If I hate multi-millionaire football players will my son be one of those?""
[LNet]-GSIV:Kreek: "my dad hated blacks"
[LNet]-GSIV:Kardos: "no, he'll be gay"
[LNet]-GSIV:Kreek: "sup"
Risky [General]: "Lord murphy's law says yes."
[LNet]-GSIV:Kethore: "you aren't black?"
[LNet]-GSIV:Sam: "haha"
[LNet]-GSIV:Kreek: "I'm ebony as mahogany, son"
[LNet]-You: "Risky [General]: "Lord murphy's law says yes.""
[Private]-GSIV:Kreek: "lol nice one"