PDA

View Full Version : Bad roleplaying moments

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

TheEschaton
12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe someone can explain how QQ translates to two Q words which mean that you're crying and complaining.

Axhinde
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I think it has something to do with tears coming from the eyes. It's an image thing as opposed to actual words.

Martaigne
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Quit Qrying. Duh.

diethx
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I got the WTS, but since I don't play WoW, the last one confused me.

Using a WoW reference in Gs just makes it all the more bad.

It's actually not just WoW. It's used frequently in both DAoC and Guild Wars. But yeah, you're right in that it's fucking stupid to use in GS.

SayGoodbye
12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I just thought PST meant "Please Send Thoughts"

But stupid, agreed.

Kayse
12-08-2007, 09:58 PM
So I'm at the Silvergate Gala dancing and enjoying myself when:

(Phayedra takes a swig of her double bourbon and coke, watching everyone dance)

COKE?! OMGZ.

thefarmer
12-09-2007, 12:17 AM
That is the sign of an alcoholic. When even in their RP they have their favorite drink...

diethx
12-09-2007, 12:20 AM
That is the sign of an alcoholic. When even in their RP they have their favorite drink...

And here I thought it was just the sign of a dumbass.

Hips
12-09-2007, 12:21 AM
So I'm at the Silvergate Gala dancing and enjoying myself when:

(Phayedra takes a swig of her double bourbon and coke, watching everyone dance)

COKE?! OMGZ.

What makes it really bad is that she did it easily half a dozen times. I wanted to punch her in the face.

Shari
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
I was so glad I missed that and was in the other room. I'd be reporting that shit in a heartbeat.

Skeeter
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
That will teach you to go to the Silvergate Gala.

thefarmer
12-09-2007, 12:28 AM
And here I thought it was just the sign of a dumbass.

Won't argue that either.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
What makes it really bad is that she did it easily half a dozen times. I wanted to punch her in the face.

The whole time I was IMing people WTF THIS BITCH HAS A COCACOLA

:(

This may have been the last Gala for me for a while.

Hips
12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
The whole time I was IMing people WTF THIS BITCH HAS A COCACOLA

This may have been the last Gala for me for a while.

But then who will judge?!

Who ended up winning, by the way? Michiko wasn't in the room when it was announced.

Irsila
12-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Kayse won for Diva... Jaysehn for the male counterpart... Jesae for best gown and best suit went to Saurven (?) That's all I remember

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
But then who will judge?!

Who ended up winning, by the way? Michiko wasn't in the room when it was announced.

I dunno.

I love Katara but I wanted to shoot myself that someone who impersonated Santa won "Most Original".

Kayse and Jaysehn won best overalls. (both deserving enough)

Jesae (<3 her blizzard gown) and Vender won most original.

Evelith and.. whoever it was that had that dead bird, won best hunting outfit.

Saurven and Meekah (I believe) won best Suit and best gown.

The whole time I was pretty much like DEAR MICHIKO, NILANDIA AND OTHERS WHO R DRESS NOT RETARDED: PLZ ENTER N SPARE ME THX. LOVE, ISSI.

Ah well.

Amaron
12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
I am glad I went. Landrai and Tol had fun.

Whoever plays landrat needs to just like not be where I am. He got all my whispers about my outfit. :(

And he got my hugs and kisses to.

Sniff...

And you all looked beautiful!

Hugs J

Hips
12-09-2007, 11:41 AM
The whole time I was pretty much like DEAR MICHIKO, NILANDIA AND OTHERS WHO R DRESS NOT RETARDED: PLZ ENTER N SPARE ME THX. LOVE, ISSI.

There were already a ton of people entering, so I decided against it when Michiko saw Jesae's outfit and knew she didn't have a chance!

I'm stealin' that gown.

Latrinsorm
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Kayse and Jaysehn won best overalls.Jaysehn wore overalls? :O

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Jaysehn wore overalls? :O

Now THAT would have been shocking.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
There were already a ton of people entering, so I decided against it when Michiko saw Jesae's outfit and knew she didn't have a chance!

I'm stealin' that gown.

There were a ton of people entering but only a handful seemed to be aware of the SORT verb.

The pantsless man and the woman in the sideless gown without anything under it.. Issi is scarred for life.

Hips
12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
There were a ton of people entering but only a handful seemed to be aware of the SORT verb.

The pantsless man and the woman in the sideless gown without anything under it.. Issi is scarred for life.

I'm glad your character said something to her about the sideless gown. Michiko, Nilandia, and Kasia were all discussing it in whispers.

Drisco
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm glad your character said something to her about the sideless gown. Michiko, Nilandia, and Kasia were all discussing it in whispers.

Women and there gossip just disgusting :p.

Nilandia
12-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Hehe. Aw, thanks. I was considering entering, but someone was already wearing a few pieces that I'd given them as a gift, so I thought that was plenty.

Women and there gossip just disgusting :p.
Hey, now. I just made a comment in a whisper that I hoped she had something underneath the sideless gown. I could have said so much more about the one who asked the judges to inspect her pants, but given who Nilandia was talking to at the moment, I decided to hold off. ;)

Gretchen

Amaron
12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I hate when folks do this:

The ghostly voice of Everall says, "Need cleric."

Future says, "Everall Cyco is on his way for you."

The ghostly voice of Everall says, "Ahhh."

Future says, "Dont let anyone else link to you."

The ghostly voice of Everall says, "Will do."

Future just left.

Cyco just arrived.

Cyco says, "I ma her."

Cyco says, "Here."

Cyco chuckles.

Elvenlady
12-10-2007, 05:35 AM
:banghead:

CanadianLady
12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
You see Somewon the Rejuvenator.
He appears to be a Human.
He is taller than average and appears to be young and robust. He has gold-flecked stormy grey eyes and dusky skin. He has waist length, wavy golden brown hair streaked with silver. He has a weathered face, a straight nose and dimpled cheeks.
on his right arm.
He is holding a green glimaerstone in his right hand.
He is wearing a round squirrel-tailed hat, a carved modwir squirrel earring, a crystal amulet, a gold squirrel hung from a chain of small golden acorns, a squirrel skin jacket, a pair of enruned gold-framed spectacles with dark-tinted lenses, a polished silver armband adorned with golden acorns, a blood-red thorned rose stickpin, a tiny fragrant pine stickpin, a silver Brigatta pin, some squirrel skin casting gloves with acorn shaped silver sigils, a squirrel skin staff harness tooled with frolicking squirrels across the straps, a faded squirrel skin satchel embroidered with tiny acorns, some smokey grey leathers, a gold ring, a woven gold wand belt, a pearl-studded red silk gem pouch, an acorn-shaped carved monir flask, some tawny cuffed pants stitched with frolicking squirrels, and a pair of squirrel skin boots.

>
Speaking to Onockerous, Somewon says, "The squirrels say we shall help you."
Speaking to Onockerous, Somewon says, "The squirrels say you are welcome."
Speaking to Onockerous, Somewon says, "The squirrels thank you for your offering."

WTF is with the Squirrel shit?

Androidpk
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Someone with deep seated mental issues?

Misun
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Someone with deep seated mental issues?

Or an unhealthy love of squirrels.

That Jay
12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Frolicking squirrels! So happy that they are going to be skinned and made into somebody's clothing!

Wait, don't tell me. They all died natural deaths before being skinned, asleep in their beds.

Axhinde
12-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm all for RP, and doing something new and interesting, but this is a bit much.

Nomeadru asks, "I am injured.." he rasps softly, his thin lips wet with blood as he rasps with breathe. He eyes the square.. "Is there anyone..?"

thefarmer
12-11-2007, 06:44 AM
With a little work he could be pretty good.

Latrinsorm
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
The phrasing is pretty awkward, but a little speech verb and a little tone and that guy's good to go. It's hard to pull off the mid-speech action, but I agree he's not that far off.

Eoghain
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
And you all looked beautiful!

Hugs J

A text dress is not beautiful. The whole idea of a ball/gala in this game is beyond retarded. Even though Jesae is awesome. :)

Let the hate begin.

TheEschaton
12-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I concur.

Latrinsorm
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
BREEDERS

:)

thefarmer
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Strummerat [Merchant]: "SELLING: a translucent white broadsword, its 4x and somewhat crit weighted. (2mil!) TTM."
Aneris [Merchant]: "Hey strum-a-rat... I'll take it if yah provide me wit a 200% discount."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "As long as I get to give it to ya."
Aneris [Merchant]: "Hopefully not from behind."
Anthem [Merchant]: "Looking for a green zircon. Think tah meh please."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Well at that price I get to choose."
Aneris [Merchant]: "Well... I guess that's fair. It would still be quite a good deal...."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Deal!"
Aneris [Merchant]: "Meet in the inn?"
Ascaris [General]: "Get him strummerat."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Um..."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Yea wait for me."
Dreamsy [Merchant]: "Seeking 4 hours of wizard spells, tippin 10k ttm."
Anthem [Merchant]: "Looking for a green zircon. Think tah meh please."
Aneris [Merchant]: "I always am.... waiting.... and crying."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Aww come give me a hug big guy."
Ascaris [Merchant]: "Hug? Why would yah hug the flea ridden scoundrel?"
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Dont be jealous."
Aneris [Merchant]: "No...thank you... but yah might wanna sheath your....er....dagger next time."
Ascaris [Merchant]: "It's your blood."
Ascaris [General]: "Urg."
Strummerat [Merchant]: "Yea.... my dagger."
Aneris [Merchant]: "Thank the arkati it was just a lil prick."
Ascaris [Merchant]: "You know he swings both ways, don't get him exicited."

They kept going for awhile after that...

thefarmer
12-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Theia just arrived.
J>
Theia put a glaes-hilted drake rapier in her chambray backpack.
J>furrow brow
You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.
J>
Theia slumps to the ground and immediately falls asleep. She must have been exhausted!
J>look
[Town Square, Garden Niche]
This small niche between two buildings has been neatly landscaped into a tiny moonlit garden, its careful mosaic of flagstones interspersed with patches of trimmed grass. A low stone bench rests along one vine-covered wall, and a patch of colorful violets surrounds a painted wooden barrel in one corner. You also see the Theia disk.
Also here: Theia who is sleeping, Lady Bantersim who is sitting
Obvious paths: east
J>l thei
Theia appears to be sleeping.
You see Theia.
She appears to be a Giant of the Grishknel Clan.
She is very tall and appears to be very young. She has crystal blue eyes and tanned skin. She has waist length, dark blonde hair worn in a single braid.
She is in good shape.
She is holding an iron-banded hide shield in her left hand.
She is wearing a bronze and polished agate neckchain, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, some double leather, a crystal amulet, a crystal amulet, a fiery red chambray backpack, and a silk-edged raven damask cloak with a malachite clasp.
J>
Bantersim carefully cuts a nock into the end of her arrow shaft.
J>glance thei
You glance at Theia.
J>
Bantersim asks, "Who sleeps right here?"
J>shrug banter
You shrug at Bantersim.
J>'Her.
You say, "Her."
J>point thei
You point at Theia.
J>
Bantersim says, "There is an inn 3 blocks away."
J>
Bantersim rummages around in her pockets.
J>'Must be some sort of giant street urchin.
You say, "Must be some sort of giant street urchin."
J>chortle
Bantersim just handed Theia some coins.
J>
You chortle.
J>
Bantersim says, "There now she can get a room."
J>

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-15-2007, 06:41 AM
A text dress is not beautiful. The whole idea of a ball/gala in this game is beyond retarded. Even though Jesae is awesome. :)

Let the hate begin.

*stab*

War Angel
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Foogly [Merchant]: "What does LF mean?"
>
Caedith [Merchant]: "Looking for."
>
Sabiene [Merchant]: "Why can't you just think "looking for", instead of letters."
>
Foogly [Merchant]: "Oh. Why don't you just say that then? Makes so much more sense!"
>
Malificet [Merchant]: "Perhaps he's searching for Leff? That man seems to have everything."
>
Suitcher [General]: "No text messages please."
>
Zellista [General]: "Heh?"

SayGoodbye
12-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Rhondalee [quiet]: "I really need someone to care, alot of you may know who I am, but all of my friends have left the lands, and if I cry any harder, I won't be able to see."

tyrant-201
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Just something I'm incredibly irritated about. Why do people who can't/don't RP and can't type/spell play the game? Like Orpius, Desse, Bhodili, etc.

Really puts a damper on those who do put a lot of time and effort into character developing/roleplaying.

Halstein
12-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Just something I'm incredibly irritated about. Why do people who can't/don't RP and can't type/spell play the game? Like Orpius, Desse, Bhodili, etc.

Really puts a damper on those who do put a lot of time and effort into character developing/roleplaying.

Aren't or weren't Orpius/Bohdili the same person or at dating or something to that affect?

tyrant-201
12-17-2007, 03:16 AM
They were. And they were perfect for each other. In a... stay together in a corner of the game and away from anyone who'd actually want to roleplay, sort of way.

Stanley Burrell
12-17-2007, 07:29 AM

Maybe they are like eleven or twelve? In the mental? I know I am. I can type though and use words like "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis."

And "ye." Ye is important.

Thief
12-21-2007, 04:06 AM
>l xian
You see Xiandrena Sevenclover.
She appears to be a Sylvankind.
She is tall and appears to be very young. She has thistle-hued eyes and fair skin. She has shoulder length, raven black hair bound into a twisted infinity knot by some slender mossbark hairsticks. She has a delicate face and dimpled cheeks.

Xiandrena points at Eviie, ruining her hiding place.

Xiandrena exclaims, "Silly girl!"
>
Eviie squeakily exclaims, "Mommie!"

Eviie beams happily at Skarrs!
>
Eviie squeakily exclaims, "Daddie!"

>l skarrs
You see Great Lord Skarrs Delives the Empath.
He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
He is taller than average and appears to be young. He has piercing misty-green eyes and gold-toned skin. He has short, spiky black hair. He has a small goatee. He has scars that look like tiger claw marks on his left arm.

>l evii
Eviie gives her porcelain doll a warm hug!
>
You see Eviie Sevenclover.
She appears to be a Forest Gnome.
She is diminutive and appears to be extremely young. She has purple-flecked black eyes and ivory skin. She has long, honey blonde hair tied into two perky pigtails at the crown of her head with a pair of black leather hair-ties. She has a dainty face, a button nose and rosy cheeks.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a pale porcelain doll in her right hand.
She is wearing a star ruby inset eonake crown, a crystal amulet, a velvet-banded white wolf hide cloak, a pale crystal harp pin, a White Haven bear head pin, a lustrous black satin bodice, a pair of white wolf fur gloves, some white feathered angel wings, a fiery red iceblossom, a large red bag embroidered with gold sigils, a black silk climbing pack, a black opal bracelet, a narrow gold ring, a black and white wolf fur sporran clasped with a gold lockpick, an elegant black silk gem pouch, a chain-link keyring, a white satin wrap-around skirt, and a pair of white wolf fur boots.

(Eviie stares up at the sky then falls back onto her tooshie.)
>
Eviie sits down.
>
Eviie squeakily says, "Oof."

Speaking squeakily to Xiandrena, Eviie asks, "Up up mommie?"

... And it goes on and on and on

Asha
12-21-2007, 04:09 AM
That is sickening. Really really so.

Elvenlady
12-21-2007, 08:29 AM
You see Xiandrena Sevenclover.
She appears to be a Sylvankind.

You see Great Lord Skarrs Delives the Empath.
He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.

You see Eviie Sevenclover.
She appears to be a Forest Gnome.

:wtf:

Ilvane
12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
heh. She is sickeningly sweet, but it's not necessarily "bad" roleplay. Just an interesting choice.:)

Angela

CrystalTears
12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes because having a gnome for a child when you're a sylvan is always great RP. :tongue:

Ilvane
12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
She's adopted? I guess it wouldn't be too far fetched in our world..LOL

CrystalTears
12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
She'd have to be, because she doesn't even look like them. They both have black hair and she has blonde hair.

The problem is that she's playing a toddler and that goes beyond the race issue.

Divinity
12-21-2007, 10:49 AM
She could be playing a dim-witted retardation that equates to the mental capacity of a toddler.

Thief
12-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Personally, I'd love to see something along the lines of whacking some gnome on the head and convincing her she was a sylvan toddler. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

Asha
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I really miss evil, black clad, snaky voiced, blind sorcerers.

B2
12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, that, and the game mechanics don't support a child.

Even the "very young" descriptor is describing a 20 year old.

So while there is nothing wrong with a sylvan and a half-sylvan adopting an adult gnome who is 18 years behind developmentally, I would go ahead and say that a sylvan giving birth to an adult gnome IS bad roleplay.

That Jay
12-21-2007, 12:33 PM
She is sickeningly sweet, but it's not necessarily "bad" roleplay.

The minute any character can pick an age below 20 years old (check AGE LIST), I will agree with you.

That Jay
12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
...and only nutjob children's beauty pageant parents would allow a toddler to wear a bodice.

Misun
12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
>l xian

Eviie squeakily exclaims, "Mommie!"

Eviie beams happily at Skarrs!
>
Eviie squeakily exclaims, "Daddie!"

Speaking squeakily to Xiandrena, Eviie asks, "Up up mommie?"

... And it goes on and on and on

It is those words that get my goat every time I see them.

peam
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
stance o
att eviie

It's worth it.

Ilvane
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
LOL..well, that too. She's just so sweet it makes your teeth hurt.

diethx
12-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Grand Lady Silversoft's group just arrived.
>
Silversoft says, "I read that as nose twice.">
Sauthurdig chuckles.
>
* Plando just bit the dust!
>
Aramyn asks, "Nose twice?"
>
Aramyn grins.
>
Aramyn asks, "Are you talking about Iophea?">
Silversoft chuckles.
>
Ellissa begins chuckling at Aramyn!
>
Ellissa says, "I'd say he is more impatient than I am."
>
Silversoft says, "No..i saw a ROSE ring..and two times i saw it..thought it said NOSE."

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Svardin smiles as he strangles the huckster.
>

Latrinsorm
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
(Meureii wonders to himself how an invisible blind man manages to get around.)

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-22-2007, 03:13 PM
If he/she had just put "aloud" after wonders that wouldn't be so bad.

diethx
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Berost kindly inquires, "I have a Thrakmas party to attend with my family, would anyone mind if I jumped ahead in line after Vandele? ?"

FinisWolf
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Icemule TC

Colleal quietly exclaims, "TOUCHDOWN!"

Name: Colleal Goatteeze
Profession: War Mage
Race: Dark Elf Gender: Male
Date of Birth: 2/13/4779
Clan: Faendryl
He is average height and appears to be mature.
He has gold-flecked steel grey eyes and dark skin.
He has long, braided silver hair worn in elaborate braids.
He has a narrow face, a small nose and small pointed ears.
He currently has full citizenship in Icemule Trace.
Strongest foe vanquished: a foul being

Quote: "No celestial being guides my fate. I am the only one in controll of my fate, not some "god"."

You see Colleal Goatteeze the War Mage.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be mature. He has gold-flecked steel grey eyes and dark skin. He has long, braided silver hair worn in elaborate braids. He has a narrow face, a small nose and small pointed ears.
He has a thin dark diamond ring in the middle of his nose.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a steel-capped wood runestaff in his right hand.
He is wearing a black diamond spined dark Faendryl-style crown, a pair of diamond studs, a delicate teardrop ruby pendant, a dainty pure silver chain, a deeply-hooded midnight black longcloak emboidered with silvery runes of warding, a pair of sleek black-tinted glasses, a midnight blue cotton bandana, a lead-bound maoral Adventurer's Guild badge, a grey bandana, a rune-stamped weapons harness, a drawstring black canvas backpack, some enruned diamond-dusted leathers, a bloodstone inset bronze bracelet, a princess-cut star emerald band, a large gold ring, an engraved platinum flask, a weathered leather tobacco pouch, a rune-stamped black leather satchel, some baggy black linen trousers with silver runes down the legs, and some steel-toed black leather boots tooled with silvery runes of warding.

Speaking quietly to Somersby, Colleal says, "You've just been spiked."

report OOG terminology ... I do NOT come IG to hear Football terms! This is very disrespectful to me. --- Colleal quietly exclaims, "TOUCHDOWN!"

SEND[Liia] THanks for letting us know, we prefer to keep things IC too, of course.

report I know you all do. Thank you for the response.

... My leaving the area to run errands ...

Bhodili softly says, "Tarzan tree stuff is kinda hard in a frozen town."

Name: Bhodili Starmeadow
Race: Elf Gender: Male
Member of White Haven
Member of the Wizard Guild
Strongest foe vanquished: an umbral force sentry
Quote: "DUCT Tape is the "force"... It has a Light side and a Dark side and it binds the universe together"

You see Bhodili Starmeadow.
He appears to be a Vaalor Elf.
He is taller than average and appears to be in the spring of life. He has sparkling stormy grey eyes and nut brown skin. He has very long, tied back silver blonde hair with small rune-etched beads woven into a strand hanging over his shoulder. He has an angular face, a thin nose and slightly upswept pointed ears.
He has a gold-inlaid rosewood pipe clenched between his teeth, a tattoo of a pair of shooting stars twisting over a dew-covered meadow on his neck, a textured dark gold stud in the upper ridge of his right ear, a treasure chest tattoo on his neck, and a thin emerald ring in the upper ridge of his left ear.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a sphere-topped villswood runestaff in his right hand.
He is wearing an intricate gold ring, some silvery vultite cufflinks, a pair of black silk brocade breeches, a moon and star-embroidered black silk wizard's hat, a silver minnow earring, a gold-trimmed carved staff harness, a leaf-shaped Ardenai insignia, a hazy glass ring, a sturdy ebony scroll case embossed with a Vaalorian crest, a glaesine crystal dragonfly, a black leather vest, a pair of wire-framed spectacles, a pewter-bound suede Adventurer's Guild badge, a White Haven bear head pin, some chain-clasped tall black vruul hide boots, a silver runestaff trinket, a shadowy black spidersilk pack, a black and crimson silk cape, a crystal amulet, and some flame-tooled crimson casting leathers.

report I GUESS my logging in game today was a bad move. Seems there is more OOG then there is anything resembling RP. :sigh: --- Bhodili softly says, "Tarzan tree stuff is kinda hard in a frozen town."
--- Never knew Tarzan was a part of Elanthia???

SEND[Liia] sometimes a helpful OOC whisper is the best move, but I'll keep an eye out.

Report With this group and their KNOWN wish to go OOC and KILL via PvP I really do not wish to put myself in that situation. I can't afford the deed, and the silvers to get rid of the death sting. And sometimes it's better to just NOT log in. Which is very sad, as I have loved this game for a long time, but RP seems to be a dead horse in GS anymore.

SEND[Liia] Sometimes you just have to move around :) Good luck to you though. Perhaps you'll find some more RP at the festival tonight.

report Perhaps. I left. But seeing as TC is THEE main place to get improved EXP gain now IG, it really sucks that I can NOT sit there and enjoy the game. Instead the suggestion from staff is for ME to leave, so I guess then the real implied suggestion there is to simply leave game. And seeing as that is the implied suggestion, why then should I bother to report? Why in fact should I bother to even play?

Perhaps I am being too knit-picky, but damnit, I want the OOG crap to stay out of the game. :shrug: It's rather sickening to me, and it does disrupt my game play.

Finis

Asha
12-23-2007, 06:58 PM
so I guess then the real implied suggestion there is to simply leave game.
I don't think it was. Sometimes though you sadly do have to remove yourself from the area rather than let yourself get pissed off.
If they are caught they'll be told not to do it.

FinisWolf
12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Yea, I think she was trying to aide me with making my gaming experience more enjoyable, I was ticked, and I know it. Agreed that it is ad though that instead of simply being able to enjoy the game, you must go elsewhere, which is what I had already done a couple times...just to come back to more OOG.

Not a big deal, but not what I was wanting either. I wanted a few minutes of escape from a house full of people, and instead got OOG.

O well. Moving on. This was more of a vent then anything else.

Finis

BriarFox
12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Silversoft smiles as she rummages around in Axedar's weapon carrier..OOOH! is that a BIG sword!

Sylvan Dreams
12-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Damn. Beat me to it.

Anebriated
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
now I want to know who you all play... I saw that as well.

Misun
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Everything previous was just as bad too....sorry I had to see that.

Hips
12-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Eurt [Merchant]: "Hitler is at your house kreek in your moms bed where i was just last night."

Makkah
12-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Yea... what a dumb fucking waste of protein.

thefarmer
12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Wow.. if he's not banned for 30 days, at the minimum, I'd be surprised.

War Angel
12-25-2007, 09:16 AM
For those of you who slept in and are without children on Christmas (or anytime for that matter) and missed this gem ...

Malfeasance [General]: "Long live Jesus Christ the Lord."

Enjoy!
Happy Holidays!

Stanley Burrell
12-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Everyone knows Jesus got LCI'd.

Latrinsorm
12-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Nanull mutters typoe.

Toranna just went east.
>
Jasnel smiles Tora
>
Jasnel flails her arms about.
>
Somersby smiles Tora too

>_<

This is what I get for going to Icemule, I guess.

Latrinsorm
12-25-2007, 08:51 PM
And it's not over yet!

Speaking to Ainsley, Navaeve exclaims, "Merry Thaksmas!"

Stanley Burrell
12-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Halflings have difficulty pronouncing their "R"s...

You said you were in Icemule, right? :smug:

saturn101
12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
XXX1 says, "Ya know, I just came from Icemule and I saw the strangest thing..."
>'oh?
You ask, "Oh?"
>
XXX1 says, "Some fella stuck his tongue on a statue."
>
XXX2 cackles!
>
XXX1 says, "I tried to pour hot cocoa on the statue, but it didn't work."
>
XXX2 asks, "Was he holding a red rider bb gun?"
>
XXX2 snickers.
>
XXX1 says, "It was a light crossbow with red monir..."
>
XXX1 nods to XXX2.
>
XXX3 asks, "Had he shot his eye out too?"

FinisWolf
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
The OOG that is going on in Icemule is extremely irritating. My solution, go to Ta'Illistim and hide under the Pinetree. :shrug: It's not the correct fix, but it is a fix.

Finis

Ilvane
12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
It's not just Icemule, it's all over.

Never saw it so bad when I was in Illistim.

CrystalTears
12-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Ernesta softly says, "Wonderful getting everything linded out for our event."
Keraa asks, "What event is that?"
Ernesta softly says, "News 4 7."

Axhinde
12-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Snowbunny says, "Rather be a bitch then a newb."

Asha
12-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah she just healed me. I thought not even going to bother anything more than paying her after seeing the name.

Katt
12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't like her much just because she refused to grab my healers wounds till I was alive and stated to my healer she wouldn't because she would recieve no EXP for it.

I didn't make a big deal out of it but I am waiting till she dies so I can fog in and be like "Aw, you are an empath I can't heal you!" and fog back out. Hehe.

Monica
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Mathain (Focused) [General]: "Good. We're done forever. Don't ever talk to me again. You caused all this mess and got people sent to jail because you were ignorant and wouldn't learn where to sell an ayanad crystal. I tried to help you, you shoved my help back in my face you ingrate. Good bye FOREVER."

>

Mathain is informing you that he wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! He desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

All because I was putting ayanad crystals on the bench in TSC. I didn't want him to show me where to sell them, and I refused several times.

The new Candor of the Landing?

GuildRat
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
He's a few letters off of being a fart-gas...that makes me giggle a little.

thefarmer
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Mathain (Focused) [General]: "Good. We're done forever. Don't ever talk to me again. You caused all this mess and got people sent to jail because you were ignorant and wouldn't learn where to sell an ayanad crystal. I tried to help you, you shoved my help back in my face you ingrate. Good bye FOREVER."

>

Mathain is informing you that he wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! He desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

All because I was putting ayanad crystals on the bench in TSC. I didn't want him to show me where to sell them, and I refused several times.

The new Candor of the Landing?

Nah. Candor had style. This guy is just out to cause issues. I got a warn interact too (which he broke promptly).

Khariz
01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
This Mathain is ALL OVER the amulet tonight, purposely annoying as many people as he can. How not amusing.

Stunseed
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
At the salon in EN where the raffles are....

Julliette says, "Wow...lots of people want a full facial job."

Ding.

GuildRat
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM

thefarmer
01-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Sozz [Merchant]: "God he's just like foxs. except he doesn't have tits to distract anyone from how stupid he is."
Sozz [Merchant]: "Oops. did i say that out loud?"

Sozz talking about Mathain.

Gelston
01-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Gilvomoc darkly exclaims, "Go ahead and kill me!"
>'::Gil They will
Speaking to Gilvomoc, you say, "They will."
>
Gilvomoc darkly exclaims, "I just want to get rid of the niggra elves!"
>

A soft looking town official steps forward and says, "Gilvomoc, you have been found guilty of a number of crimes in our fine city. To demonstrate that your actions are intolerable, and your kind are not welcome here, you will hang for your crimes. Though no doubt a cleric will come to your service, know that you are no longer welcome here. If you've anything to say before sentence is carried out, say it now."
>
Great Lord Dragaeran's group just arrived.
>
A rolton trots in!
>
Dreamsy exclaims, "Hang em!"
>
[Roll result: 100 (open d100: 57)]
Reissa crouches, sweeps a leg at Dragaeran and connects!
Reissa whacks Dragaeran's legs futilely! Reissa stumbles back on her feet.
>
[Roll result: 123 (open d100: 80)]
Dragaeran falls to the ground! Reissa deftly regains her footing.
>
Dreamsy intones a phrase of elemental power while raising his hands...
>
Dreamsy gestures at a rolton.
CS: +87 - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +63 == +172
Warding failed!
A rolton's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.
>
Gilvomoc yells, "DEATH TO NIGER ELVES!"
>
Reissa pulls Dragaeran to his feet.
>
Great Lady Kestlyn just arrived.
>
Great Lady Kestlyn just went south.
>
[Roll result: 54 (open d100: 11)]
Reissa whacks Dragaeran's legs futilely! Reissa stumbles back on her feet.
>
Dreamsy removes a shadowy black wood bow from in his cloak.
>
Dumashag just arrived.
>
A rolton breathes heavily in his sleep!
>

Reissa scowls at Gilvomoc.
>
Harklon just arrived.
>
Harklon just entered the First Elanith bank.
>

[Roll result: 102 (open d100: 59)]
>
Harklon just arrived.
>
Harklon just went east.
>
Dreamsy removes a single wooden arrow from a bundle of wooden arrows.
>
Dreamsy nocks a wooden arrow in his black wood bow.
A rolton is awakened by Dreamsy's attack!
Dreamsy fires a wooden arrow at a rolton!
AS: +122 vs DS: -45 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +24 = +216
... and hits for 86 points of damage!
Strike to the eye penetrates skull, ocular fluid sprays widely!
The rolton lets out a final agonized bleat and dies.
The wooden arrow sticks in a rolton's right eye!
>

From nearby, you hear Caerus yell, "Someone kill him."
>

A soft looking town official says, "Very well. Let the sentence be carried out." The official nods to a burly guard, who reaches for a rope that is attached to the gallows' false floor.
>
Dumashag blinks.
>

>
>
[Roll result: 133 (open d100: 90)]
>
Dreamsy slings a shadowy black wood bow over his shoulder.
>

>
>
Kriako just arrived.
>
[Roll result: 116 (open d100: 73)]
>

Dreamsy recites a series of mystical phrases while raising his hands...
Dreamsy gestures.
Glowing specks of dark brown energy begin to spin around Dreamsy.
>

>
Dumashag smiles.
>
[Roll result: 110 (open d100: 67)]
>
Dumashag just entered the First Elanith bank.
>A cloud wolf saunters in.
>

>
Rubio just arrived.
>

A burly guard pulls hard on a rope that is attached to the gallows' false floor. The false floor drops away, and Gilvomoc falls quickly through it. Just before the fall comes to an end, you see Gilvomoc's neck snap like a twig!

Gilvomoc's body sways back and forth for a bit.

* Gilvomoc drops dead at your feet!

>
* Gilvomoc just bit the dust!

Lyonis
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Nah. Candor had style.

x2

7Seconds
01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Is it me or does people practicing guild skills at a hanging seem a tad bit gauche?

Khariz
01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Is it me or does people practicing guild skills at a hanging seem a tad bit gauche?

That's funny!

Khariz
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Darckwizard [General]: "Park I'm going to club MNFI-West in September."

Elvenlady
01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Mahakala [General]: "Yeah and the energizer bunny lasts forever."

Latrinsorm
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
You see Somebody.
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Ta'Nalfein.
She is wearing a tufted fiery red lizard.
>
Somebody curtsies to you.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!!!!????

Khariz
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
You see Somebody.
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Ta'Nalfein.
She is wearing a tufted fiery red lizard.
>
Somebody curtsies to you.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!!!!????

What am I missing?

CrystalTears
01-14-2008, 08:17 PM
That her name is Somebody?

Nilandia
01-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Not only that, but she's only wearing a lizard?

Gretchen

Stanley Burrell
01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
That her name is Somebody?

That she's a man baby, and a firecrotch?

Latrinsorm
01-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Not only that, but she's only wearing a lizard?That was the part I was pointing out. (Her name isn't actually somebody, I edited it out because I'm a gentleman.)

Khariz
01-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh, see, I thought you edited out the rest of the equipment too.

I get it now.

gs4gs41234
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Gracy [General]: "Could you be a bigger arsehole?"

Mathain [General]: "No, you beat me in that game, Gracy."

Gracy [General]: "Good thing women cant be arseholes huh."

Gracy [General]: "Just to inform everyone, Mathain has given me a warning to leave him alone so if anyone wishes to kill him upon sight because he's to scared to face me himself, by all means do so."

Gracy [General]: "He would rather warn other adventures to stay away from him than face up to being a jerk."

Mathain [General]: "I'm sorry that you're fat."

thefarmer
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
While Mathain (Who also warn interacted me) is about as useful as a used tampon, from what I've seen Gracy ain't that great either.

Kayse
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
:wtf:

I'm mostly a reader of these boards and the official forums, more than a poster, but when reading post after post of continued blatant OOC crap and bad RP, it just makes me wonder how people can be this stupid and inconsiderate.

I'm sure most of you wonder this too. But gargh! Sorry had to vent.

Axhinde
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
There's no use trying to figure it out. Do what we all do. Post here with as much malice as you can muster on a keyboard and talk shit about people who (mostly) will never read it.

LMingrone
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't save my logs, so I have nothing to quote, but WTF is up with Solarbie? And who are her other characters so I can avoid them?

Kayse
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
As if her name wasn't bad enough, suppose you'll only get this if you know Broadway musicals.

Medicatrixrayah says, "Yer lookin swell dali."

Dalimar bows to Medicatrixrayah.

Medicatrixrayah nods.

Medicatrixrayah smiles.

Dalimar says, "Much obliged."

Medicatrixrayah says, "I can tell dali! you're still goin you're still growin you're still goin strong."

Asha
01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Christ.

Stanley Burrell
01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Medicaljigglypuffpokemonbitch is a bag of tools.

Elvenlady
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't save my logs, so I have nothing to quote, but WTF is up with Solarbie? And who are her other characters so I can avoid them?

Oh dear god is she back? Where to begin ...

Another good reason to avoid Vaalor.

dszabo
01-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Gilvomoc yells, "DEATH TO NIGER ELVES!"
>

I for one hate that I'm playing a game with someone as ignorant as Gilvomoc. For starters he's clearly stating that any Elf from the central part of Africa should die...which is wrong, but he is too pig headed to figure out how to insult them properly.

Bravo to the people who fulfil the picture Dukes of Hazard paints of the South. Which, to avoid any confusion, is directed at Gilvomoc. On the off chance he knows how to read I figured I should fill him in as well.

Methais
01-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I'd wager that since he's playing a text based game, he can read.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Then again, not being able to read hasn't slowed some people, now HAS it Sean? *waits for him to troll the new posts until getting bu-whapped with this one*

thefarmer
01-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Someone how, I see a ban in his future...

thefarmer
01-29-2008, 02:05 AM
(Chauncy dances an ancient elven dance)

Chauncy dances around the room to music only he can hear.

Anebriated
01-29-2008, 02:32 AM

As far as I can tell that is her only char. She seems to be around at the same time every day anyway. She definately needs a backbone though.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Eh, at least she isn't cybering up a storm or any somesuch. Sure the pregnancy roleplay thing is dumb, but we all make mistakes. She's actually not too bad, or wasn't last I was around her. On top of that, she's at least making an effort. Heck, she's one of very few in Vaalor that actually roleplay, period.

Anebriated
01-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah shes nice enough. Although she attaches to guys pretty easily...had to shake that after being nice to her a few times.

Amaron
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Bexol says, "Whisper sintu i seen fling for a couple minutes ... but he won't pay me the 500k for doing his girl while he was gone."

Bexol babbles something unintelligible.
>
Sintuation says, "Hmm."
>
Sintuation laughs!
>
Bexol blushes a florid shade of deep crimson.

Sintuation says, "Keep askin him."
>
Sintuation snickers at Bexol.

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Coinner mutters something about fruiter.

Elvenlady
02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Speaking to Kernn, Xanthias says, "Ve efen took a couple of eidolons."

Then ...

Speaking to Yukito, Xanthias says, "Oh, he vas fine. I hope you're not vorrying about him."

And more ...

Speaking to Yukito, Xanthias says, "I sink he vas being cafalier."

Sehr gut, ja?

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Aim chhhigh on ze biggies, and VLOW on ze tinies!

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree that each and every Warrior Guild trainer having an accent identical to Erwin Schr&#246;dinger is also out of genre, Stanley, you are one awesome hunk of manmeat.

Blud
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
The Guard Captain saunters in.
>
Haydrian removes a serpent-shaped knife with an emerald eye from in his crimson wool longcoat.
>
Haydrian removes a bundle of rough crossbow shafts from in his small cloth sack.
>
Harcochi puckers up and blows a kiss at the Guard Captain.
>
Haydrian put a bundle of rough crossbow shafts in his small cloth sack.
>
Haydrian removes a single rough crossbow shaft from a bundle of rough crossbow shafts.
>
Haydrian begins to pare away the excess wood from a single rough crossbow shaft, but accidently cuts too deeply into one side. Muttering slightly, he discards the useless shaft.
>
Haydrian sighs.
>
The Guard Captain turns to look at Harcochi.
>
Harcochi sticks his tongue out at the Guard Captain.
>
Lady Katjana just went east.
>
The Guard Captain saunters west.
>
Harcochi says, "Fascist."

Methais
02-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Philosilan says, "yer gay"

Kayse
02-02-2008, 04:20 AM
Stram: [General]: "Where does one buy sheaths for their weapons of mass destruction?"

Maselon: [Merchant]: "You are suppose to dig a hole and hide weapons of mass destruction, so your enemy cannot find them."

Vongor: [Merchant]: "Can get specialized ones that way."

Kymbe: [General]: "Weapons of what?"

Skeevve: [Merchant]: "Fireball!"

Kymbe: [General]: "Ahhh."

Maselon: [Merchant]: "Too many questions."

Skeevve: [Merchant]: "WoMD FIREBALL!"

AestheticDeath
02-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Aren't you special.

Also - thats not roleplaying. Thats just 3am talk.

diethx
02-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Aren't you special.

It being 3am isn't an excuse to be OOC on the open amulet ;)

Kayse
02-02-2008, 06:09 AM
Aren't you special.

A lot of people have posted things in this folder that are in no means RP, I believe that's why this folder exists. I could be wrong. ....Special? Am I reading into something or are you taking this personally?

It being 3am isn't an excuse to be OOC on the open amulet ;)

Agreed.

Drisco
02-02-2008, 10:59 AM
AD = Maeslon. (I Think)

It being 3am doesn't excuse it but... it does allow slip ups.

Amaron
02-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Emislity [General]: "[Wehnimer's Landing] - No, I wubbles my father!"

I think my IQ dropped about 10 notches.

J

AestheticDeath
02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Really thats not even OOC. You could infer it had something to do with something else. But I said nothing that didn't have anything to do with gemstone. I didn't say Iraq, or Saddam or anything. The first guy obviously meant a normal weapon that he intends to do a lot of killing with.

It's kind of like saying the name Brian is OOC.

Warriorbird
02-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Xanthias wasn't doing anything wrong at all. Accents are just fine.

Latrinsorm
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Really thats not even OOC. You could infer it had something to do with something else. But I said nothing that didn't have anything to do with gemstone. I didn't say Iraq, or Saddam or anything. The first guy obviously meant a normal weapon that he intends to do a lot of killing with.

It's kind of like saying the name Brian is OOC.It's like saying the name Brian Griffin is OOC. "Weapon of mass destruction" is an OOC term, and talking about hiding them from an enemy is massively OOC.

edit:
Put another way, it's like someone walking into TSC and singing

"I'm going off the trails on a crazy wagonnnnnnnnn"

No word there is OOG. The collection is very OOC.

Kayse
02-02-2008, 11:01 PM
It's like saying the name Brian Griffin is OOC. "Weapon of mass destruction" is an OOC term, and talking about hiding them from an enemy is massively OOC.

Yes, exactly. I had originally posted:

"Stram: [General]: "Where does one buy sheaths for their weapons of mass destruction?""

And added in the rest as I saw the conversation continue. I think the above statement alone is OOC, IMO. You can think it's not OOC but anything that brings me out of the game do to a RL reference is OOC for me. I even get annoyed when people are walking around town saying "Cool."

I'm not the best RPer by any means, but I stay away from quoting movies or incompetent presidents.

AestheticDeath
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
So go play a real RP game. Gemstone isn't for you apparently. :)

I would not hesitate to say the majority of Gemstone either isn't into RP, or is very horrible at it.

AestheticDeath
02-02-2008, 11:17 PM
"Weapon of mass destruction" is an OOC term, and talking about hiding them from an enemy is massively OOC.

No it isn't. The fact that you equate it to be is your own fault.

There are tons of things in the game which could be labeled as such, and it would in no way be OOC.

Sorrow could be a weapon of mass destruction. An implode wand could be a weapon of mass destruction. A mere fireball spell, or any given character could even be labeled as such. Saying the collective phrase, weapon of mass destruction, is not OOC.

Your just thinking too far into things if your think its OOC.

Stunseed
02-02-2008, 11:27 PM
< Your just thinking too far into things if your think its OOC. >

I'm all for open interpretation and all, but you're joking, right?

I know you have to defend yourself, but don't attempt to toss blame in a generalized manner such as "I would not hesitate to say the majority of Gemstone either isn't into RP, or is very horrible at it.", as that's reaching in and of itself.

Axhinde
02-03-2008, 03:20 AM
The part about digging holes to hide them in did you in.

Latrinsorm
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorrow could be a weapon of mass destruction.And the town clerk could be a computer - after all, he computes!!!!!! And if you had a bowl that was really nice you could call it a super bowl!!!!!!!

thefarmer
02-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Edeline asks, "I am nakie in spells can someone share with the the annoying but cute?"

diethx
02-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Edeline asks, "I am nakie in spells can someone share with the the annoying but cute?"

At least he got the annoying half right.

Elvenlady
02-03-2008, 04:46 PM
"She" cross posted on the officials not long ago asking for help as she was new to the game. The sad thing was the first person she encountered who offered assistance happened to be Foxs so I hope she's not assuming she's a suitable role model.

diethx
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
"She" cross posted on the officials not long ago asking for help as she was new to the game. The sad thing was the first person she encountered who offered assistance happened to be Foxs so I hope she's not assuming she's a suitable role model.

lol she may as well just take a stab to the face now and be done with it.

Kayse
02-03-2008, 06:16 PM

lol, yeah I saw that too. Haven't had much interaction with Foxs but from what I've seen of Edeline in the game, she's been rather annoying and whiny. I don't mind helping people either OOC or as one of my characters (if they would help), but saying over and over again on the amulet that "you're brand new and people should be nice and help you, just because you're new" is not how to convince me to do so.

Stanley Burrell
02-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Bloodthorn says, "Ghosts are nearly as scary as spooks."
>Bloodthorn says, "I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks."

Bloodthorn says, "I been uber special because I am uber s[ecail."

Bloodthorn says, "I shall now perform... for your viewing pleasure...."

Speaking to Wisteriaa, Bloodthorn says, "The most dangerous trick."
>
(Wisteriaa holds her breath in anticapation of the wondorous thing ye are going to do)

>cman surge

You don't know anything about Surge of Strength.
>cman donkeyp wist
Unknown option ..."donkeyp"

Arkans
02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Damn those spooks. Stealing our white women...

I mean the undead, of course.

- Arkans

Khariz
02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
You accept Methais's offer and are now holding a jade and onyx horned goat figurine.
s>give fig to madm
You offer your horned goat figurine to Madmountan, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
s>

Madmountan has accepted your offer and is now holding a jade and onyx horned goat figurine.
s>

Madmountan says, "Nice figurine."
s>
Madmountan chuckles.
s>
Methais says, "It should be a goatse figurine.

Edit: God it's good to have the real Methais back, lol.

Axhinde
02-09-2008, 02:37 AM
That is definetly a horrible RP moment, but still golden.

Merala
02-09-2008, 04:49 PM
>
Baeluth recites:

"I like castin minor bolts
chatting with some folks
AnD TWINS!!"

In reference to figuring out my character and her sister are twins.

Bad form.

Methais
02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
You accept Methais's offer and are now holding a jade and onyx horned goat figurine.
s>give fig to madm
You offer your horned goat figurine to Madmountan, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
s>

Madmountan has accepted your offer and is now holding a jade and onyx horned goat figurine.
s>

Madmountan says, "Nice figurine."
s>
Madmountan chuckles.
s>
Methais says, "It should be a goatse figurine.

Edit: God it's good to have the real Methais back, lol.

:lol:

Merala
02-14-2008, 07:53 PM
>
Baeluth recites:

"I like castin minor bolts
chatting with some folks
AnD TWINS!!"

In reference to figuring out my character and her sister are twins.

Bad form.

Mayora whispers, "OOC) Baeluth's player whispers, "I thought the whole twins thing was great, until i found out your one of those PC Trolls."."

He gave her crap, but I'm the troll. Hehe.

Elvenlady
02-15-2008, 04:08 PM
The ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Have a cleric on the way."

Speaking to Maginthree, Eyve asks, "I am not needed, then?"

Eyve cocks her head at Maginthree.

Speaking to Eyve, the ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Have one comming from the Landing."

Eyve chuckles.

Eyve says, "A long way to walk for a task so mundane."

The ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Aye."

High Lady Gracy just arrived.

Eyve sits down.

Gracy begins to do her best to bandage Maginthree's wounded abdomen.

Speaking to Maginthree, Eyve says, "You've curious skill, to send a missive so far in...such a state."

AMEN to that!

<insert raise>

Gracy softly says, "Now stop making me run! I'm to old for this crap."

Maginthree begins chuckling at Gracy!

Gracy snickers.

Maginthree gives Gracy a good pinch!

Gracy softly says, "Sexy but old."

Gracy strikes a heroic pose.

Maginthree flirts with Gracy, tossing her an inviting smile.

Gracy chuckles.

Maginthree chuckles.

Gracy softly says, "To late fly boy."

Gracy gently bites Maginthree.

Stanley Burrell
02-15-2008, 05:12 PM
The ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Have a cleric on the way."

Speaking to Maginthree, Eyve asks, "I am not needed, then?"

Eyve cocks her head at Maginthree.

Speaking to Eyve, the ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Have one comming from the Landing."

Eyve chuckles.

Eyve says, "A long way to walk for a task so mundane."

The ghostly voice of Maginthree says, "Aye."

High Lady Gracy just arrived.

Eyve sits down.

Gracy begins to do her best to bandage Maginthree's wounded abdomen.

Speaking to Maginthree, Eyve says, "You've curious skill, to send a missive so far in...such a state."

AMEN to that!

<insert raise>

Gracy softly says, "Now stop making me run! I'm to old for this crap."

Maginthree begins chuckling at Gracy!

Gracy snickers.

Maginthree gives Gracy a good pinch!

Gracy softly says, "Sexy but old."

Gracy strikes a heroic pose.

Maginthree flirts with Gracy, tossing her an inviting smile.

Gracy chuckles.

Maginthree chuckles.

Gracy softly says, "To late fly boy."

Gracy gently bites Maginthree.

I guess it is possible to stab someone until your arm gets tired, then.

thefarmer
02-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Standing in TSC.

Tterb just arrived.
>
Tterb flips into the air in a tight ball, landing easily and silently on the balls of his feet.
>
Tterb flips into the air in a tight ball, landing easily and silently on the balls of his feet.
>
>
Tterb just left.

GuildRat
02-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Didn't Gracy used to RP a brain-damaged idjit? I seem to remember getting a few people pissed at me because she was acting the fool and expecting everyone to pity her.

thefarmer
02-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Didn't Gracy used to RP a brain-damaged idjit? I seem to remember getting a few people pissed at me because she was acting the fool and expecting everyone to pity her.

I don't think that was RP.

I think that's just Gracy being itself.

CrystalTears
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Didn't Gracy used to RP a brain-damaged idjit?
Used to?

Besides, that's not RP. That's just her being herself.

Snapp
02-16-2008, 04:50 PM
She was a hooker or something too, wasnt she?

Wind Mage
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Honestly...this ticks me the fuck off.

Silversoft [General]: "Omw."

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Less lingo bitchy, more hooker stories.

AestheticDeath
02-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Jersea stands up.
>
Lazarwolf stands up.
>
Lazarwolf just sashayed gracefully through a doorway.
>
Lazarwolf just arrived, sashaying gracefully.
>
Lazarwolf clasps Jersea's hand tenderly.
>l la
Lazarwolf grunts.
>
You see Lazarwolf Lam-Pan-Nu the Bard.
He appears to be a Dwarf of the Schneckgren Clan.
He is taller than average and appears to be as old as the hills. He has sapphire blue eyes and ruddy skin. He has long, wheat blonde hair worn in elaborate braids. He has a clean-shaven face, a large nose and heavy jowls.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing some crystal-framed spectacles, a blue-plumed mithril close helmet, a deep blue topaz-studded medallion, a delicate teardrop ruby pendant, a marbled blue leather backpack, a ruby red coat, a cerulean spidersilk tabard, a black and red plaid bagpipe satchel, some flame red arm greaves, a red ruby ring, a ruby red ring, a rough tawny canvas pouch, a ruby red leather sheath, a ruby red jerkin, some cerulean spidersilk trousers, some scarred cuirboilli shinguards, and some dazzling crocodile hide shoes buttoned with dwarf-cut rubies.
>
Lazarwolf just sashayed gracefully through a doorway, with his group following closely behind him.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-25-2008, 03:34 AM
What. The. Fuck.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Guys can sashay. Dur.

CrystalTears
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Sure, if you're prissy.

ViridianAsp
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't even like when women sashay in the game all the time, seeing a man do it just makes it worse.

Blud
02-25-2008, 04:09 PM
A sashaying guy at all, but a dwarf? Come on...

Latrinsorm
02-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Sure, if you're prissy.If?

Seriously though, heteronormativity much? :D

CrystalTears
02-25-2008, 04:53 PM
More like other dwarves are more prone to kicking his ass.

Please take your queer theory terminology to Necromancer who will grow a little chubby for it.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that was the point of the reference. :\

Pyper
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a log, because I wasn't that pissed at the time, but the more I think about it, the more I have to vent.

When the Half-Krolvin merchant showed up on Thursday, a couple characters showed up to harass her (Baelog and Xolean in particular). Fine, fine, that's RP. Xolean was insulting the merchant and Half-Krolvin in general, so my Half-Krol character started arguing back (and I may have made a remark about someone's sister, ahem).

In response to this, Xolean drags my character out of the room. To kill me for the insult? Why no! To mess up my room order so I wouldn't get work! He started RPing by insulting me, I RPed back, and his response was to mess with my room order- out of character! Also- assholish!

I got work anyway, there were only two other Half-Krol there at the time and we received preference.

Idiot.

Drunken Durfin
03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds like something Albacora would do. She is big on dragging people around like that.

Khariz
03-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I kill people for dragging me out of rooms against my will.

Remember that thread about the dude pouring milk on my head?

Ahh the memories.

diethx
03-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Group motherfucking close, for crying out loud. Especially if you plan on arguing with someone.

War Angel
03-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Elementz [quiet]: "YO WTFUCKERS."

umm, yeah ...

Taernath
03-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Haha, I saw that one too.

Blushy
03-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I know she's been in here before, but I thought I'd share this anyway. I hadn't seen her in game for a LONG time, so I had kind of forgotten what it was like.

H>Gracy gives Darcknight a lingering kiss.
H>Gracy quietly says, "Love you babe."
H>Darcknight gives Gracy a lingering kiss.
H>Darcknight gives Gracy a lingering kiss on the neck.
H>Darcknight says, "Just wait for tonight."
H>Darcknight winks at Gracy.
H>Darcknight sits down.
H>Gracy turns to Darcknight and cheers!
H>Gracy quietly says, "I cant wait."
H>Darcknight says, "We'll we can't do it here."
H>Darcknight winks at Gracy.
H>Gracy chuckles.
H>Gracy gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
H>Gracy winces.
H>Darcknight gives Gracy a lingering kiss.
H>Gracy sits down.
H>Smuthami closes his eyes for a moment.
H>Darcknight says, "Okay napping."
H>Smuthami appears to be ignoring everything going on around him.
H>Gracy scoots over to Darcknight.
H>Gracy quietly says, "Oaky love."

Darcknight, of course, gets an RPA for best supporting actor.

CrystalTears
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
They're made for each other. They're both morons.

Misun
03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow...I used to rp with him and he wasn't that much of a dork. Usually people get better, not worse. Maybe it's the company he's keeping. Then again....

saturn101
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Thunderstalk softly says, "Someone send me a couple mana please."
>
Rathmond just went south.
>
Dreamsy faces Thunderstalk, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Dreamsy opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.
>
Rathmond just arrived.
>
A pained expression crosses Dreamsy's face.
>
Thunderstalk softly says, "Thanks much."
>
Thunderstalk traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
>
Thunderstalk gestures.
Thunderstalk's group blurs before your eyes.
>
Thunderstalk traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
>
Thunderstalk gestures.
>
>
Thunderstalk gestures.
>
Thunderstalk softly asks, "Anything else?"
>
Thunderstalk recites a series of mystical phrases while raising his hands...
>
Dreamsy says, "Im spent, i sent 90."
>
Dreamsy gazes in wonder at his surroundings.
>
Thunderstalk gestures at Dreamsy.
A small circular container suddenly appears and floats rather serenely over to Dreamsy.
>
Rathmond says, "Thanks for sharing."
>
Rathmond rolls his eyes.
>
The spot-tailed hawk cocks his head intelligently.
>
Dreamsy says, "Your dumb."
>
Dreamsy nods to Rathmond.
>
Thunderstalk whines.
>
Rathmond hauls off and slaps Dreamsy up'side the head!
>
Dreamsy intones a phrase of elemental power while raising his hands...
>
Dreamsy gestures at Rathmond.
CS: +109 - TD: +61 + CvA: +17 + d100: +87 == +152
Warding failed!
Rathmond's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.
>
Dreamsy says, "Dont EVER touch me child."
>
>
Thunderstalk snickers.
>
Rathmond's eyes flutter as he wakes up.
>
Thunderstalk waves to Dreamsy.
>
Rathmond stands up.
>
Dreamsy bows to Thunderstalk.
>
Rathmond stares at Dreamsy.
>
Thunderstalk strides away moving north.
>
Rathmond shakes his head.
>
Rathmond says, "Wrong move bub."
>
Dreamsy says, "Right.."
>
Rathmond says, "Best to hope i dont see you outside the gates."
>
Rathmond nods to Dreamsy.
>
Dreamsy says, "Lets go."
>
>
Dreamsy just went north.
>
With a flap of his wings, the spot-tailed hawk launches himself into the air.
The spot-tailed hawk flies off.
>
Dipping into a lazy dive, the spot-tailed hawk descends to the ground and lands.
A sleek spot-tailed hawk says, "Im waiting tuff guy..."

Stanley Burrell
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Dipping into a lazy dive, the spot-tailed hawk descends to the ground and lands.
A sleek spot-tailed hawk says, "Im waiting tuff guy..."

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

Xiandrena
03-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Didn't I just see her in the stocks in Landing...

I guess she did..

Blushy
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
FTR: Dreamsy is a guy.

Elementz
03-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Elementz [quiet]: "YO WTFUCKERS."

umm, yeah ...

Yeah that was a pretty funny thought meant to be a chat...oops?

Lol brielus

Khariz
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
High Lord Hevinsbane just came through some swinging doors.
>
Hevinsbane taps you lightly on the shoulder.
>
You nod to Hevinsbane.
>
Hevinsbane says, "Lets loot hunt.
>
You say, "No thanks."
>
High Lord Hevinsbane just went through some swinging doors.
>
You sigh.

NocturnalRob
03-05-2008, 06:09 PM
High Lord Hevinsbane just came through some swinging doors.
>
Hevinsbane taps you lightly on the shoulder.
>
You nod to Hevinsbane.
>
Hevinsbane says, "Lets loot hunt.
>
You say, "No thanks."
>
High Lord Hevinsbane just went through some swinging doors.
>
You sigh.

Well, what do you expect from that clown?

Khariz
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, what do you expect from that clown?

Good point.

gs4gs41234
03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Hiddenmoon, one east of TSC in the Landing

>'what's so special about it?
You ask, "What's so special about it?"
>
Hiddenmoon says, "It gives +1 to str and dex."
>'what do you mean by plus one?
You ask, "What do you mean by plus one?
>
Rorac just arrived.
>
Rorac just west west.
>
Hiddenmoon says, "It gives a +1 bonus to those character stats."
>glance hiddenm
You glance at Hiddenmoon.
>'what do you mean by stats?
You ask, "What do you mean by stats?"
>
Hiddenmoon says, "OMG."
>
Hiddenmoon says, "YOUR STATS."
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>
High Lady Sorchia just arrived.
>
Hiddenmoon says, "YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT."
>
High Lady Sorchia just went east.
>
Hiddenmoon is informing you that she wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! She desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.
>
High Lady Sorchia just arrived.
>
Hiddenmoon hauls off and slaps you up'side the head!
>
Hiddenmoon thumps you!
>
Hiddenmoon just went west.
>
Sorchia blinks.
>
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>
High Lady Sorchia just went east.
>

SEND[Andraste] Maybe you should just give her a WHISPER instead of antagonizing her like that. She wasn't understanding your subtleness. Thanks.

>blink
You blink.
>report I wasn't antagonizing her! I don't see anything wrong with the way I handled the situation!
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>

SEND[Andraste] You weren't helping the situation. Just knock it off.

>shake head
You shake your head.

diethx
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Are you just trying to up your post count or something? Goddamn, you're stupid.

gs4gs41234
03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Are you just trying to up your post count or something? Goddamn, you're stupid.

Not exactly. I just knew you would say something about it! Heh heh heh!

LMingrone
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Not exactly. I just knew you would say something about it! Heh heh heh!

I hope you realize you're trolling on a text based mmo forum. At least go troll Digg or Fark.

gs4gs41234
03-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I hope you realize you're trolling on a text based mmo forum. At least go troll Digg or Fark.

Ok, whatever that means! Heh heh heh!

LMingrone
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Can you read? HEH HEHEH

Xiandrena
03-05-2008, 11:33 PM
He can read, I think it's the comprehending that they're having problems with.

gs4gs41234
03-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Can you read? HEH HEHEH

He can read, I think it's the comprehending that they're having problems with.

Ha ha ha! Clockwork!

LMingrone
03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Ha ha ha! Clockwork!

One day you'll enjoy making other people feel good instead of laughing in their face...hopefully. I feel bad for you.

gs4gs41234
03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
One day you'll enjoy making other people feel good instead of laughing in their face...hopefully. I feel bad for you.

Like I said, clockwork! Heh heh heh! :tumble:

YouLose
03-06-2008, 07:11 AM
STFU. You're a RESOL <-- LOSER spelled backwards

Ooooh! You just got EVIL EYED! :rofl:

Dork.

Somebody Rick Roll this fool.

Latrinsorm
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
The penultimate stage of trolling: "I'm making you read this!! I made you read this!!".

Only one to go though, phew!

Some Rogue
03-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Hevinsbane asks, "Healing?"

High Lord Misstrike just arrived.

Lady Azalas just came sashaying in gracefully.

Misstrike meditates over Hevinsbane.
Misstrike takes Hevinsbane's head damage.

Nothing happens.

Ntadin nods to Hevinsbane.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Misstrike takes Hevinsbane's left arm damage.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

High Lord Misstrike just went south.

Speaking in Elven, you say, "A psychic healer apparently."

You smirk.

Some Rogue
03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Another gem from the master MA'er and RP'er!

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Misstrike.

Misstrike faces Hevinsbane, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!
Misstrike opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.

High Lord Misstrike just arrived.

Exorn just arrived.

Exorn just went east.

Misstrike faces Hevinsbane, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!
Misstrike opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.

At least I keep my spell bitch hidden away where no one sees her.

Allereli
03-08-2008, 11:59 AM
>
Velvette says, "Everyone talks about wanting a pocket empath."
>
Saraswati gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
Brielus just arrived.
>
Ketiosin faces Zuie, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Ketiosin opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.
>
Saraswati faces Zuie, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Saraswati opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.
>
Kaelowyn just arrived.
>
Velvette exclaims, "I want a pocketbard!"
>
Saraswati gestures.
A deep blue glow surrounds Saraswati.
>
Saraswati makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>
Brielus joins Kaelowyn's group.
>
Saraswati giggles.
>
Velvette murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Velvette concentrates.
Velvette's right hand looks better.
>
Kaelowyn hurls herself at Brielus!

Kaelowyn flies a bit wide and lands in a heap on the ground.
>
Rogad begins chuckling at Velvette!
>
Zuie praises Saraswati.
>
Lilomen recites a series of mystical phrases while raising his hands...
>
Lilomen gestures at Omens.
Omens looks considerably more imposing.
>
Brielus gently bites Kaelowyn.
>
Saraswati says, "Like my pocket locksmith."

Latrinsorm
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
lol

Brielus

iJin
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
(Sebos smiles and scratches his butt hoping no one will notice.)

iJin
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Tanisis softly asks, "Another hider, eh?"
HJ>
Dilia softly says, "Si."

Theres mexicans in GS?!

Elanthil01
03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Sure Im not the world's greatest roleplayer....not like YOU GUYS (sarcasm), but hey at least I try.

My view is that everyone is going to screw up at some point..hell at many points.

Look how many times Zagrax accidently refers to himself in the first person, even though he has repeatedly expressed that as a giantman of the bear tribe:

1) The first person isn't typically used in his native language (and theres precedent for that in a number of nomadic cultures).

2) His particular sept of the tribe believes two things:

First that referring to yourself in the first person (I, me, etc) allows dark spirits to pinpoint the person speaking and try to steal their soul.

Second that the more ones name is spoken aloud, the larger their 'shadow' grows (i.e. their power, fame, etc).

But...again..at least I (and you guys) try.

So, with that..heres my personal bitches:

1. People who believe repeating a word (and usually a stupid one) makes them sound like they have an accent (like that gnome listed some pages back).

2. People who emote on the amunet (ok yes, I've forgotten and done this as well).

3. People who repeat the same DAMN action repeatedly in less than a few seconds...like kissing your 'girlfriend' (whose probably a 400 pound 38 year old dude living in his moms basement JUST LIKE YOU) in a gathering place and INFLICTING your disgusting cyber-love schlock on others without even an ATTEMPT to make it 'romantic'....Flat out...sucking face is NOT being romantic. ROMANCE is reciting goofy poetry, spontaneously whipping out a mandolin and serenading, sighing wistfully at a token of the lady's affection after shes left. MAKING OUT IS JUST...*SCREAM*..makes the rest of us want to fucking beat you to death through the internet.

4. ASSBAGS who insist on putting 'ies' on everything. I will personally invent a way to travel THROUGH the internet to your house and kill your entire famdambly.

5. People who try to roleplay 'cute' or worse 'cute but annoying'. Your character should be euthanized, and probably your player as well.

6. Any mention of scripts. Period. And calling it 'zest' is just gayer than a pink and yellow picnic basket. Just say the goddamn thing does stupid magical tricks and be done with it.

Last but not least, as a player since the beginning of this game, albeit a player who has left and come back repeatedly (kudos to those of you few who have stuck it out the entire 15+ years), I have my personal soapbox here and Im about to step right the hell up on it:

7. The ****** up attitude the staff in this game has toward alterations. They have seriously squashed ANY AND ALL decent attempts toward developing a roleplay aid by limiting the length, content, and materials alterations can be done from/with, not to mention making alterations, particularly MUNDANE ones, so hard to get.

I'm not suggesting EVERYONE should have a zimzum talking dagger, but c'mon..robes embroidered with a battle scene or some other minor schlock should be available to any asshole with 5,000 silvers and 5 minutes to write a paragraph for the alterer..

Whatever ASSHOLE decided that APOSTRAPHES and other punctuation are 'verboten' in alterations should not only be fired, but banned from working in the text based goddamn game industry altogether.

Furthermore, the sheer COST of items in this game that are *pukes* 'zested', deepened, or otherwise modified just flat out pisses me off.

Why? because its a sign of two things...the degeneration of this game to the level of WoW and other shitty hack and slash games, and yet another indicator that UNIQUE ITEMS have become so rare as to make the game BORING.

I get annoyed at you guys for being such roleplaying nazis sometimes, but I feel your pain, I really do, as you can see by my rants, but really, in a game where EVERY MOTHER HUMPER is wearing the SAME DAMN THING...theres only so much that can be done.

If there were a way to do it, I would ask the playerbase to organize and demand that the alteration restrictions be severely eased, and that at least TWO 'description' alterers show up in PRIME every MONTH.

To hell with lighteners, deepeners, flarers, etc..just bring on the goddamn roleplaying aids.

And Zuie...thanks for posting my off the cuff, 15 seconds of thought, robe description in your sig. heh I've been Immortalized :)

-Zaramon/Zagrax/Elanthil

P.S. I know Im an annoying shit, but its only because I care.

Latrinsorm
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Alterations are more common than they've ever been, and even with the rules we have in place there's a 20 million response thread devoted solely to awful alters. That part of your post is especially baffling because a few people have complained (irrationally) that alterers and alters are too common now.

Elanthil01
03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Alterations are more common than they've ever been, and even with the rules we have in place there's a 20 million response thread devoted solely to awful alters. That part of your post is especially baffling because a few people have complained (irrationally) that alterers and alters are too common now.

1. Alters are still no where NEAR common enough. Again, I rather insist that it should be twice a month, every month, in PRIME with a cost of 5,000 to 100,000 (plus materials where needed).

2. There are MORE than enough willing assholes out there to critique anyones proposed alteration with an eye to criticality and even outright ridicule to prevent bad alters from happening to anyone but the biggest helmet-wearing short bus riding retards in the land..and they deserve bad alters.

3. What the FUCK difference does a comma make, other than to separate arguments, show ownership of a word, and generally divide up a wall of text that otherwise would crush the souls of english majors everywhere? Why NOT allow it? Its better than the god awful run on sentences people get away with now.

4. Generally there are only two types of people 'complaining' that there are 'too many alters'. These fall into the following categories:

Category A: People who are overly critical of bad alterations and would rather see NO alterations around (other than their own) than hold the GMs 'pretending' to be a merchant to a higher standard of, lets be brutal here, FUCKING BRAIN WORK.

To these people, I can only say...be vocal in your ridicule of game masters and hosts who cant spell or formulate a coherent sentence. Either they will take the hint and improve, or embarrassment will drive them back into their rat hole.

Category B: ASSHOLES who know that the more accessible an alteration is, the LESS the FUCKING SHIT they used MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS to gain an unfair advantage in the alteration queue for will be worth. PERIOD.

To these people, I can only say, You believe in majority rule as far as you putting what amounts to 'bots' in game as placeholders to guarantee you get an alteration, well suck it up and bow to that same majority rule when the rest of us *REAL PEOPLE* say we want alterations, we are FUCKING TIRED of losing those alterations to assholes whose only agenda is to turn around and SELL them for REAL MONEY, and, well, basically....fuck you, go die in a fire.

That clarify my position any?

CrystalTears
03-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Alters are still no where NEAR common enough. Again, I rather insist that it should be twice a month, every month, in PRIME with a cost of 5,000 to 100,000 (plus materials where needed).
That's usually the case, I believe. It's just not always in the same place, which is good since it spreads the wealth. Unannounced merchants also show up from time to time as well. They are showing up WAY more than they used to.

What the FUCK difference does a comma make, other than to separate arguments, show ownership of a word, and generally divide up a wall of text that otherwise would crush the souls of english majors everywhere? Why NOT allow it? Its better than the god awful run on sentences people get away with now.
Because when it comes to the main name of an item, it messes with continuity when reading the description of a character. The commas are to separate the items, so seeing it within the item itself is frustrating and quite stupid-looking.

Personally I don't care if people request and receive bad looking alters, in the sense of style, color and appearance, not the spelling and grammar. It's not like there aren't tacky people in the world as it is, and it gives the rest of us some people-watching fodder to laugh at. Not everyone is perfect or beautiful and I actually encourage gaudy and tacky stuff to show up. I'll still laugh at it but I won't discourage the making of it.

The rest of your rant is already being covered in another thread so no sense in rehashing that mess. :D

Misun
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
um..when did this thread become about alterations and not bad roleplaying moments? :(

CrystalTears
03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
It was part of Elanth's rant so it was picked up and noted on. And you know me, I gotta say something too. :D

Stunseed
03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
< Category B: ASSHOLES who know that the more accessible an alteration is, the LESS the FUCKING SHIT they used MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS to gain an unfair advantage in the alteration queue for will be worth. PERIOD. >

It's finally come down to this. This is the moment in civilization when there dawns a new age of understanding and enlightenment. Man, this is a budding moment for everyone who reads these boards, I hope someone prints this and hangs it on the fridge so when their grandchildren come by, we can tell them the story.

One time, this moron posted. We all LOL'd and then he continued to post the idiocy that people laugh at him for. He actived twenty-three accounts and got himself grafted to his computer chair, so he could have a super-AWESOME description of a battle put on his cloak. Then got mad and posted more when we ROFL'd at the horrendous alter he got, until he opened some more accounts to get revenge. Then we all Alt+F4'd. The end.

Elanthil01
03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Excuse the fuck out of me for posting a viewpoint and a grudge that i've carried around for 15 years that directly relates to the ability of the average person to roleplay. I'll be sure not to bother anymore.

As to angst. The only angst I have is that Im paying good money to sit around in a game that contains more robots than humans, and fully half the 'humans' that ARE in the game are just sitting around making arrangements to powerlevel their character then sell it for real money.

Consider this my last post.

thefarmer
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
um..when did this thread become about alterations and not bad roleplaying moments? :(

Elanthil says, "Blah blah alterations blah blah"

You say, "Impressive, now STFU."

Seriously, that was some bad RP.

Allereli
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Excuse the fuck out of me for posting a viewpoint and a grudge that i've carried around for 15 years that directly relates to the ability of the average person to roleplay. I'll be sure not to bother anymore.

[OOC]-Zagrax: "Not that any of you fucking care, but Thanks to anaise and his/her/it's desperate weak attempts at forcing EVERYONE ELSE to roleplay the way HE/SHE/IT *DEMANDS* we roleplay, I have had it for a while. Fuck this, Im putting this char to bed for a while. If you see anaise tell IT I said IT is a fucking nazi, a fucking SHITTY roleplayer (one of the worst Ive seen) and that IT should do us all a favor and /wrist in real life. Anaise..heres a hearty FUCK YOU and goodbye."

must be something in the water today

CrystalTears
03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
All 8 levels... wasted!

SayGoodbye
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
:D

Some Rogue
03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
All 8 levels... wasted!

7 years of college down the drain!

Some Rogue
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Me: what did you do to that Zagrax guy?
Friend: he was going on and on and on about being so strong and trained better than the critter that knocked him down
Friend: no one was listening to him at all
Friend: so, I told him the critter knocked him down for the way he dresses
Me: lol

Misun
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Consider this my last post.

:welcome:

Khariz
03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
You see Lord Kid Uberpath the Butcher.He appears to be a Dwarf of the Khanshael.
He appears to be young. He has bleary ale-brown eyes and ebon skin. He has long, coal black hair worn in a ponytail. He has a weathered face, a broken nose and a thick neck.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He has a symbol of V'Tull tattoo on his head, and a small black skull tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers some grey leather boots with matte silver buckles, some rugged leather breeks, a tribal pelt tube, a dappled grey suede foraging bag, some intricate black fighting leathers trimmed in gold with the image of a giantman wielding a claidhmore emblazoned on the front, a midnight blue veniom-threaded backpack, a silver-tipped feather stickpin, a green toadstool pin, a rough leather cloak, a crude bronze tribal totem, and some sharpened bone studs.

Stanley Burrell
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, obviously he's a child and a l33t Empath. Durrr.

Stanley Burrell
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
...And likes large slabs of teh meat.

iJin
03-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Get back 2 bad roleplaying moments pls.

iJin
03-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Sorry.

Completely off topic, I love your avatar. I miss vegas. FULL OF ROTTEN MEMORIES.

k, I'm done.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-15-2008, 05:30 AM
The saddest part about the above post is that I entirely agree with everything. I've lost the will to annoy! Stanley HALP!

iJin
03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Inside man, did you really have to make 34532 new posts?!

Get on that shitt.

Sylvan Dreams
03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
You see Lord Kid Uberpath the Butcher.He appears to be a Dwarf of the Khanshael.
He appears to be young. He has bleary ale-brown eyes and ebon skin. He has long, coal black hair worn in a ponytail. He has a weathered face, a broken nose and a thick neck.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He has a symbol of V'Tull tattoo on his head, and a small black skull tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers some grey leather boots with matte silver buckles, some rugged leather breeks, a tribal pelt tube, a dappled grey suede foraging bag, some intricate black fighting leathers trimmed in gold with the image of a giantman wielding a claidhmore emblazoned on the front, a midnight blue veniom-threaded backpack, a silver-tipped feather stickpin, a green toadstool pin, a rough leather cloak, a crude bronze tribal totem, and some sharpened bone studs.

Is he Kid as in Kid 'n Play or kid as in a baby goat?

Personally, I think he's trying to be the Fresh Prince of Elanthia.

Misun
03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Also here: That's MRS. Darcknight to YOU, Gracy, Tradesman Darcknight

Is that something to be proud of?:wtf:

thefarmer
03-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Those are temporary titles that the GM's gave.

Uh.

You mean Psinet?

Misun
03-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Those are temporary titles that the GM's gave.

... Do you even play?

iJin
03-18-2008, 01:29 AM
ROFL

mgoddess
03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Medicatrixrayah [General]: "I used to be a stripper but now I only shellac and paint."

thefarmer
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
If the titles were on Psinet, then yes, I mean Psinet.

If the titles were in-game, then no.

In other words, you're just a douche bag.

Got it.

Blud
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Speaking quietly to Devishal, Xexis says, "I will ask you only once more to apoligive to Sadria for accusation without proof...she is at the docks."
>
Soffia glances at Xexis.
>
Speaking to Xexis, Devishal says, "So you've suggested once, and asked once."
>
Nahodaway just arrived.
>
Devishal says, "If you exclaim it once, then pronounce it once, i might consider."
>
Kritamay just arrived.
>
Aged leaves from a nearby tree rustle across your path, followed by a quiet whirlwind.
>
Soffia just went south.
>
Katjana murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Katjana concentrates.
Katjana's right arm looks better.
>
Xexis bows.
>
Nahodaway rummages around in his pockets.
>rub amulet
You rub your crystal amulet.
Feels smooth!
You feel your mind open up to the world around you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Xexis quietly says, "So be it have it your way."
>
Suddenly, Artemisan appears in the room holding onto a ring he has just placed on his finger.
>
Nahodaway just went east.
>
You notice Devishal slip into a hiding place.
>
Artemisan darkly asks, "Any healing?"
>
(Xexis smiles menacing)

Dwilam grunts, amused.
>
Katjana meditates over Artemisan.
Katjana takes Artemisan's right leg damage.
>
You notice Devishal slip out of hiding.
>
Katjana meditates over Artemisan.
Katjana takes Artemisan's neck damage.
>roll eye
Artemisan fidgets with a gold and brass ring.
>
You roll your eyes.

Sylvan Dreams
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
(Xexis smiles menacing)

Almost made me piss my pants in fear.

Stunseed
03-19-2008, 03:19 AM
The fact you wasted the quote for a one-line response.

Blud
03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I didn't post other instances with Xexis, but it got worse...I have the logs if I feel like posting them.

He has a set of invar fangs, and he was "act"ing licking them and other stupid things with them. Finally, he figured out the scripts, and that's all he does now...

Blud
03-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Almost made me piss my pants in fear.

Me too...I was almost afraid to post this thinking he might be a PCer.

Some Rogue
03-19-2008, 09:04 AM
LOL...I missed the fun last night I guess. Devishal is usually kind of a tard too.

Blud
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
LOL...I missed the fun last night I guess. Devishal is usually kind of a tard too.

I don't know him too well, so I'll reserve my comments...

On a related note, Foxs is in town...Saw her wandering around last night.

Also, Sadria (the lady in question) is an interesting character who showed up couple of weeks ago. I *think* I know who is playing her, but I don't want to say. Sadria is nice, and the person playing her character is playing her as a passive character who tends to avoid all conflicts.

The reason this is interesting to me is because there is a lot (and I mean A LOT) of conflict surrounding her from other players. She has this way of making the men in town feel the urge to stand up for her. Really neat to watch her work the men. Although I talk to her a lot, I have been staying out of the conflicts and just watching...It's been fun so far.

Drisco
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
My question... Is why he used the action verb for a smile verb? He could have easily put smile menacingly.

Some Rogue
03-19-2008, 10:06 AM
On a related note, Foxs is in town...Saw her wandering around last night.

Yeah, she comes over at least once a week. It's pretty easy to ignore her. Most people in town do.