Page 169 of 213 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2129

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I probably should, yes, but the comment stands. This is on par with 9/11 for a lot of people. I haven't heard or seen anything about anyone dying so far, thank god, but this is irreplaceable history being erased.
    Eh, no. You can't compare thousands of deaths that launch a decade long war to the burning of a church. It sucks, but it isn't similar.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Eh, no. You can't compare thousands of deaths that launch a decade long war to the burning of a church. It sucks, but it isn't similar.
    Read the post after that one. I'm not gonna repeat myself.

Blog Entries

I don't give a fuck. You said it. Live with it. You say a lot of stupid shit.

4. Default

I don't give a fuck. You said it. Live with it. You say a lot of stupid shit.
    Meant it, too. I didn't try to take it back then, and I'm not trying to take it back now. It's not an unreasonable thing. It doesn't diminish the importance or devastation of 9/11 at all to say that some people, myself included, are as emotionally disturbed by the loss of a significant, unique, and important historic site almost as much as they were on 9/11, a significant regional event.

You don't agree. That's fine. It didn't happen to you, or a thing that you cared about. If the Rwandan Genocide had happened in your back yard, as 9/11 did, you would give the same emotional weight to that event too. But it didn't, and I don't know your mind, but I would wager you don't. You, like the rest of the world outside that region, said "Oh, how terrible that is", and went right back to eating your dinner. And of course I don't mean you specifically, as we were mostly too young to understand that event, but you as in the general populace.

Blog Entries

Meant it, too. I didn't try to take it back then, and I'm not trying to take it back now. It's not an unreasonable thing. It doesn't diminish the importance or devastation of 9/11 at all to say that some people, myself included, are as emotionally disturbed by the loss of a significant, unique, and important historic site almost as much as they were on 9/11, a significant regional event.

You don't agree. That's fine. It didn't happen to you, or a thing that you cared about. If the Rwandan Genocide had happened in your back yard, as 9/11 did, you would give the same emotional weight to that event too. But it didn't, and I don't know your mind, but I would wager you don't. You, like the rest of the world outside that region, said "Oh, how terrible that is", and went right back to eating your dinner. And of course I don't mean you specifically, as we were mostly too young to understand that event, but you as in the general populace.
    Fun. You're a person that never lifted a finger up to do anything about this.

to say that some people, myself included, are emotionally disturbed
    And this is the most intelligent thing you have posted on these forums... granted I had to help you out with it.

Step 1: Admitting you have a problem. ✔️
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Last edited by Methais; 04-16-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Fun. You're a person that never lifted a finger up to do anything about this.
    On the contrary, I've dedicated the better part of my life to the preservation of knowledge and historical sites. I wasn't involved at all in the restoration project that was going on at Notre Dame, no, for a number of reasons including that I'm not in academia anymore and projects like that are the Anthropological equivalent of being accepted into the Astronaut training program at NASA.

In the past two years alone I've donated half a dozen recovered artifacts to the (Local Native American) Nation Museum and mapped part of the original 17th century structure of the Jesuit Mission erected on what's now the reservation. I'm more than happy to let you know the specifics of it if you want to send me a PM, but this is a very small town and I would rather not publicly state which it is. I've also donated one likely Maritime Archaic find to the Labrador Heritage Museum.

I've done that largely with my own equipment and monetary investment, and the occasional loan of a GPR cart from a local university.

While I was directly in the field (at least in school), I was part of a team from Bates College that excavated and catalogued a Byzantine bath house sat beneath an Ottoman glassworks in Istanbul. I was on the cataloguing end of it; I wasn't never on site. It was more or less a bottom level internship for job experience. I didn't attend Bates. I have an associate who did.

I've been involved in other projects, but just about everyone's eyes will have glazed over several paragraphs ago.

TL;DR - What I'm trying to convey is that I care deeply about the preservation of knowledge and history, and I very much do everything in my power to further that cause, on my own dime despite the fact that I am now outside of the academic field.

On the contrary, I've dedicated the better part of my life to the preservation of knowledge and historical sites. I wasn't involved at all in the restoration project that was going on at Notre Dame, no, for a number of reasons including that I'm not in academia anymore and projects like that are the Anthropological equivalent of being accepted into the Astronaut training program at NASA.

In the past two years alone I've donated half a dozen recovered artifacts to the (Local Native American) Nation Museum and mapped part of the original 17th century structure of the Jesuit Mission erected on what's now the reservation. I'm more than happy to let you know the specifics of it if you want to send me a PM, but this is a very small town and I would rather not publicly state which it is. I've also donated one likely Maritime Archaic find to the Labrador Heritage Museum.

I've done that largely with my own equipment and monetary investment, and the occasional loan of a GPR cart from a local university.

While I was directly in the field (at least in school), I was part of a team from Bates College that excavated and catalogued a Byzantine bath house sat beneath an Ottoman glassworks in Istanbul. I was on the cataloguing end of it; I wasn't never on site. It was more or less a bottom level internship for job experience. I didn't attend Bates. I have an associate who did.

I've been involved in other projects, but just about everyone's eyes will have glazed over several paragraphs ago.

TL;DR - What I'm trying to convey is that I care deeply about the preservation of knowledge and history, and I very much do everything in my power to further that cause, on my own dime despite the fact that I am now outside of the academic field.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This is the second time I've had to reclaim my property from you.

I always wonder about that scene. Did he just sneak on the ship to rob that guy? Is Indiana Jones just an armed robber?
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.