Page 50 of 220 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb things conservatives say:

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    In other words, WB is backtracking and acknowledging that he is full of hot air from the arse again.
    You honestly didn't expect something different, did you?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I'm always happy to help, for a price.
    As a Liberal, you should be ashamed for wanting money to help others. Isn't it the typical Liberal doctrine that everyone have the same education, the same opportunities and the same outcomes? How dare you deny people the help they need because they can't afford it. Are you sure you don't have some closet Conservative feelings in there? Go watch a Michael Moore movie in penance to purge those evil thoughts of profit.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

You guys and your anti-liberal rhetoric are getting pretty goddamn ridiculous already.

You guys and your anti-liberal rhetoric are getting pretty goddamn ridiculous already.
    But reading something out of context to make what a Republican said seem worse than it really was isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But reading something out of context to make what a Republican said seem worse than it really was isn't?
    What he said is exactly part of what I'm talking about. Nearly every single day I hear something about the left and/or liberals ruining America. People are using the term liberal as a catch phrase for anything they want to point at or blame as being something thats wrong. The way liberal is being so loosely defined you can slap it on just about anyone you want to label or catagorize as an enemy.

What he said is exactly part of what I'm talking about. Nearly every single day I hear something about something happening under Obama's administration ruining America. People are using the term racist as a catch phrase for anything they want to point at or blame as being something thats wrong. The way racist is being so loosely defined you can slap it on just about anyone you want to label or catagorize as an enemy.
    Sounds familiar...

From Wikipedia...

Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.
    How many of you who are slinging the term liberal around are not one yourself? I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Sounds familiar...
    Your purposely deceitful manipulation of my words shows your inability to square your views with reality. Racism is a real thing. I wish it weren't but it is.

It is exactly not out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    It is exactly not out of context.
    I guess I need to quote my earlier post.

You're reading the paragraph out of context which, by the way, is how most of these "Can you believe what Rush said?!" things go.

How you're reading this:

Rush: This is why I think Robin Williams killed himself.

He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn’t. Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.
    -----
    This is what really happened:

Caller: What is the politics in the coverage of the suicide of Robin Williams?

Rush: I think there was, on the part of media and Hollywood, genuine affection for the guy that is driving it, but there is politics. If you notice the coverage is focused on how much he had, but it wasn’t enough.

“He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn’t.” Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.
    -----

He is very clearly talking about the coverage surrounding Robin Williams' death.

Again I'm not saying he's right or wrong, simply that Rush did not say Robin Williams killed himself because he was a leftist.
    If you have a counter argument to what I said I'd love to hear it.

If you have another riddle to share please make it one that is slightly easier to solve this time