Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbledore is Gay

Default Dumbledore is Gay

J.K. Rowling Outs Hogwarts Character

HILLEL ITALIE | October 20, 2007 07:40 AM EST | Associated Press

NEW YORK — Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

Rowling, finishing a brief "Open Book Tour" of the United States, her first tour here since 2000, also said that she regarded her Potter books as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority."

Not everyone likes her work, Rowling said, likely referring to Christian groups that have alleged the books promote witchcraft. Her news about Dumbledore, she said, will give them one more reason.
    I always thought he walked kind of funny...

How long till evangelicals start burning Harry Potter books?
    I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
    -- Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    OMG NO! CHILLMASTER DOESN'T RESPECT ME!

C'mon man: We all know she was reaching out to the cultural upbringings of Christianity's earlier phases of Saturnalia.

All those closet case Republicans are probably wanking over this for at least two reasons, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by chillmonster View Post

I always thought he walked kind of funny...

How long till evangelicals start burning Harry Potter books?
    I thought the evangelicals were already against the Harry Potter books, due to wizardry and magic? The will always defend their right to that type of monopoly.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
    -- Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    OMG NO! CHILLMASTER DOESN'T RESPECT ME!

HP's already been burned several times by various groups of christians, among others.

I'm not sure why Dumbledore has to be gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, but still..what's the point?

Angela
    *Reserves the right to change her opinion at any time.

"I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can." ---Edward Everett Hale

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.---Mark Twain

Dumbledore being gay is pretty much the coolest thing in the world ever.
    You said I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so bitter.
    I said I'd rather be with your friends mate, cos they are much fitter.

She created all of these characters as though they were real people when she was writing the books. It makes the characters more in depth. That's why they're so detailed and fun to read.

I'm glad she waited until everyone bought the books and things had died down to come out with it. Otherwise it would have been way more sensationalized than it will be now.
    Last edited by Satira; 10-20-2007 at 01:40 PM.
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and she said WHO IS COLEY
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and I said THE FUCKING MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT

Retrieving name suggestions. This may take a few moments.
    I>
    Ultranoob, Kainis, Rastilli, Lmarythr, Lemdiprey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss X View Post
    Dumbledore being gay is pretty much the coolest thing in the world ever.

I TOTALLY AGREE
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and she said WHO IS COLEY
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and I said THE FUCKING MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT

Retrieving name suggestions. This may take a few moments.
    I>
    Ultranoob, Kainis, Rastilli, Lmarythr, Lemdiprey

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!