Page 1704 of 1706 FirstFirst ... 704120416041654169417021703170417051706 LastLast
Results 17,031 to 17,040 of 17059

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    You are mistaken. The latest poll, taken after the debate, shows Biden and Trump tied, which I find shocking, considering Biden's debate performance. It also shows that in a hypothetical matchup, Harris trails Trump by one point, well within the 3.5 point margin of error.
    I am not mistaken. The poll article you just linked literally says first in the headline:

Only Michelle Obama bests Trump as an alternative to Biden in 2024
    The latest Reuters/Ipsos poll finds that about one-third of Democrats say Biden should drop out of the presidential race after the debate
    By your own admission, Harris would do worse than Biden. You are also ignoring the fact that winning the national popular vote does not win you the election. A handful of battleground states will decide this election, and I hate to tell you that it’s not looking good for the Dems. You’re playing checkers in a game of chess.

But hey…I hope the Dems do us all a favor and pick Kamala as their nominee. They will be handing the election to Trump on a silver platter.

You are mistaken. The latest poll, taken after the debate, shows Biden and Trump tied, which I find shocking, considering Biden's debate performance. It also shows that in a hypothetical matchup, Harris trails Trump by one point, well within the 3.5 point margin of error.
    You’re going to have to do better than that if you want a shot at upgrading that Intercontinental retard belt to the Retard Championship belt.

Dumbass.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Even Nate Silver says Trump has a 66% chance of winning.

Keep in mind this is the guy who said Hillary would win in 2016, so if he's that wrong when he clearly favors the Democrats, imagine how wrong he is when he says Trump ONLY has a 66% chance of winning.

But a lot could change between now and election day. Maybe he will revise his prediction to Trump having a 95% chance of winning.

Also Nate Silver doesn't factor in Democrat cheating, so that's always a possibility for how Biden worms his way into a second term.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-03-2024 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Even Nate Silver says Trump has a 66% chance of winning.

Keep in mind this is the guy who said Hillary would win in 2016, so if he's that wrong when he clearly favors the Democrats, imagine how wrong he is when he says Trump ONLY has a 66% chance of winning.

But a lot could change between now and election day. Maybe he will revise his prediction to Trump having a 95% chance of winning.

Also Nate Silver doesn't factor in Democrat cheating, so that's always a possibility for how Biden worms his way into a second term.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1808230685494370446
    Last edited by Methais; 07-03-2024 at 02:35 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

You're even wrong about the useless national poll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/03/u...den-trump.html
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

6. Default

Harris is the obvious choice for several reasons..
    • Although her name was not on the ballot during the primaries, voters knew that a vote for Biden was a vote for Biden/Harris, giving her electoral legitimacy and avoiding the problem of having party insiders choose the candidate.
    • As Biden's current running mate, she is the only person who has the legal right to use the campaign war chest Biden has accumulated. If the nominee is anyone other than Harris, Biden can either contribute the money to the national party which can then spend it on the nominee's behalf, or Biden can return the money to donors, who would then be free to contribute it to the new nominee.
    • In the 2020 general election, a majority of voters expressed confidence in her ability to succeed to the presidency. She is already vetted.
    • Choosing someone else when she is the obvious successor would be divisive.

What you believe is a problem, others see as an opportunity.
    They also have the problem of history. Only one sitting Vice President has won the Presidency since before the Civil War, and that was George H. W. Bush, the VP for Ronald Reagan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    They also have the problem of history. Only one sitting Vice President has won the Presidency since before the Civil War, and that was George H. W. Bush, the VP for Ronald Reagan.
    Only 4 sitting VPs have ever ran in the national election, counting Bush. You have 5 VPs in the same time period that became President due to assassination and death in office. I don't think it is a matter of history, I think it is more a matter of being VP is usually where old people go to retire out of politics.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Not to challenge but just off the top of my head, didn’t LBJ win a landslide election victory in the 60s?

Edit: Yeah I guess he wouldn’t count since he became the sitting President after Kennedy’s assassination.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 07-03-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Not to challenge but just off the top of my head, didn’t LBJ win a landslide election victory in the 60s?
    He was already president when he ran.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    He wasn't a sitting VP. He was already President.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam