Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Says Rising Sea Levels Will Create More Beachfront Property

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Which science are you referring to?
    Since you're either too lazy to scroll up or your arthritis is preventing you from doing so, I'll post the same information again..

The Next 30 Years of Sea Level Rise
    Sea level along the U.S. coastline is projected to rise, on average, 10 - 12 inches (0.25 - 0.30 meters) in the next 30 years (2020 - 2050), which will be as much as the rise measured over the last 100 years (1920 - 2020). Sea level rise will vary regionally along U.S. coasts because of changes in both land and ocean height.

More Damaging Flooding Projected
    Sea level rise will create a profound shift in coastal flooding over the next 30 years by causing tide and storm surge heights to increase and reach further inland. By 2050, “moderate” (typically damaging) flooding is expected to occur, on average, more than 10 times as often as it does today, and can be intensified by local factors.

Emissions Matter
    Current and future emissions matter. About 2 feet (0.6 meters) of sea level rise along the U.S. coastline is increasingly likely between 2020 and 2100 because of emissions to date. Failing to curb future emissions could cause an additional 1.5 - 5 feet (0.5 - 1.5 meters) of rise for a total of 3.5 - 7 feet (1.1 - 2.1 meters) by the end of this century.

Continual Tracking
    Continuously tracking how and why sea level is changing is an important part of informing plans for adaptation. Our ability to monitor and understand the individual factors that contribute to sea level rise allows us to track sea level changes in a way that has never before been possible (e.g., using satellites to track global ocean levels and ice sheet thickness). Ongoing and expanded monitoring will be critical as sea levels continue to rise.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/hazard...ch-report.html

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Since you're either too lazy to scroll up or your arthritis is preventing you from doing so, I'll post the same information again..

Sea level along the U.S. coastline is projected to rise, on average, 10 - 12 inches (0.25 - 0.30 meters) in the next 30 years (2020 - 2050), which will be as much as the rise measured over the last 100 years (1920 - 2020). Sea level rise will vary regionally along U.S. coasts because of changes in both land and ocean height.

Sea level rise will create a profound shift in coastal flooding over the next 30 years by causing tide and storm surge heights to increase and reach further inland. By 2050, “moderate” (typically damaging) flooding is expected to occur, on average, more than 10 times as often as it does today, and can be intensified by local factors.

Emissions Matter
    Current and future emissions matter. About 2 feet (0.6 meters) of sea level rise along the U.S. coastline is increasingly likely between 2020 and 2100 because of emissions to date. Failing to curb future emissions could cause an additional 1.5 - 5 feet (0.5 - 1.5 meters) of rise for a total of 3.5 - 7 feet (1.1 - 2.1 meters) by the end of this century.

Continual Tracking
    Continuously tracking how and why sea level is changing is an important part of informing plans for adaptation. Our ability to monitor and understand the individual factors that contribute to sea level rise allows us to track sea level changes in a way that has never before been possible (e.g., using satellites to track global ocean levels and ice sheet thickness). Ongoing and expanded monitoring will be critical as sea levels continue to rise.

Emissions Matter

Continual Tracking

You will excuse me if I don't believe the hype. They haven't been right about much of anything... and it certainly doesn't require everyone in just the west to fork over trillions of dollars to "fix" your "global" "climate" "crisis".

Fucking retard.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 06-05-2024 at 06:14 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You will excuse me if I don't believe the hype. They haven't been right about much of anything... and it certainly doesn't require everyone in just the west to fork over trillions of dollars to "fix" your "global" "climate" "crisis".

Fucking retard.
    At least we drilled down to the root of the issue, you simply being unable to understand information and so reject it. Unfortunately that doesn't stop the oceans from rising anymore than Trump using a sharpie on an NOAA hurricane trajectory map changed the course of the storm.

At least we drilled down to the root of the issue, you simply being unable to understand information and so reject it. Unfortunately that doesn't stop the oceans from rising anymore than Trump using a sharpie on an NOAA hurricane trajectory map changed the course of the storm.
    sErAn: "BELIEVE THE S'CIENCE! GLOBAL COOLING, I MEAN GLOBAL WARMING, I MEAN CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL!!! THE WES'TERN COUNTRIE'S NEED TO PONY UP TO S'AVE THE PLANET!"
    Also sErAn: "We can't define what a woman is becaus'e s'ometime's men can be women and they can breas'tfeed!"

I don't blame you for falling for it.. you fall for everything. It's because your last remaining brain cell is malfunctioning.

Because you are a fucking retard.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Trumps sharpie prediction:

NOAA prediction path:

Actual path:

Tell us more about "climate science?"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984