Thread: DeSantis vs Disney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    DeSantis went after Disney when it spoke out in opposition to the Don't Say Gay bill and stopped funding Florida Republicans. Taking executive and legislative action against a company that spoke out against you? That's most certainly retaliation against free speech rights by a state government.
    Honestly I think Disney would have just kept their public outcry just that, but once that board i think violated the contract rules that’s really why Disney went out this way. They cite first amendment speech as part of it but I think their real argument against desantis comes from the contract concern. I also think when this goes to court that is going to be what holds more water than anything else.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Honestly I think Disney would have just kept their public outcry just that, but once that board i think violated the contract rules that’s really why Disney went out this way. They cite first amendment speech as part of it but I think their real argument against desantis comes from the contract concern. I also think when this goes to court that is going to be what holds more water than anything else.
    Not to mention, he specifically states in his memoir that he attacked and went after Disney because they used their first amendment right and voiced their opposition. Clear violation of the constitution
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution