Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    We all play/played GS, where dev is still decades behind on a lot of things with other things stuck in development that will stay that way literally forever, so there's that too.
    you saying i have a type?
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    you saying i have a type?
    History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Day spent on the MOLE... upgraded my mining things to Helix 2... went out.. got a bunch of ore.. hitting one more node.. power surge in ship.. can't move.. had to abandon ship by logging out and logging back in..

Lost all my ore, but the mining heads were in the inventory so not a total loss. I am reading more about it.. so if I upgrade the mining heads, I need modules or do I need to upgrade my power to not cause surges and fires on the ship?

Was there a way I could have fixed my ship in space without doing what I did?

This game has SO much detail and it's visually stunning.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 02-26-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Day spent on the MOLE... upgraded my mining things to Helix 2... went out.. got a bunch of ore.. hitting one more node.. power surge in ship.. can't move.. had to abandon ship by logging out and logging back in..

Lost all my ore, but the mining heads were in the inventory so not a total loss. I am reading more about it.. so if I upgrade the mining heads, I need modules or do I need to upgrade my power to not cause surges and fires on the ship?

Was there a way I could have fixed my ship in space without doing what I did?

This game has SO much detail and it's visually stunning.
    You don’t need power upgrades. It sounds like you likely overloaded an asteroid into danger zone it did damage to ship or you had quantanium that destabilized and blew up. There is currently not a way to repair in space. When 3.18 releases with salvage then yes you can repair some with a multi tool. Later, there are ships that will be able to come and repair you.

I’d get a Lancet head, because it widens the optimal cracking window. Surge modules, for fast cracking. Brandt, Rime for oh shit moments of about to blow asteroids. When the game de syncs, like it does, you’ll often have overcharged the asteroid and boom.
    Semper superne nitens.

I've been tooling with this game ever since replying to this post. There are a lot of ways to make quick cash in the Alpha that are super easy. Rent a Cutty Black + a ROC and mine gems on the planet surface for around 100k per hour. That's kinda relaxing as well. However, my fav is doing "moderate" service beacons which pay between 15k-35k and take around 2 minutes each. It's very light combat and faster than the HRT bounty missions that can be done with any starter ship and very modest piloting skills. Just don't attempt the HIGH service beacons with your starter ship as those include Hammerheads which will just obliterate a novice pilot.

This game is still very much in Alpha. Bugs galore. It takes the type of person who enjoys testing games and finding bugs to get into the alpha and stick with it. Once you have enough time spent to be aware of the well known bugs you can avoid easily, and go into the game with the mindset that absolutely everything you own is disposable, it becomes much more engaging.

I've been testing out the 3.18 Public Test Universe (PTU) for a bit, and there are some incredible updates. This is their initial roll out of persistence, so crashed ships and objects no longer get wiped by trash collecting routines, and can now persist on a server until the server eventually collapses on itself. This makes salvaging interesting if you go with a crew. I can take my fighter, a friend in a vulture, and go bounty hunt a hammerhead - then they can clean up the debris and cash in on the salvage. They also added racing to 4 locations in the current system which is amazing to watch, but I am terrible at the race tracks since I fly with mouse + KB, and you really need sticks for racing to hit the times worth the payout, but it is a really fun system.

Worth trying it the next free flight which will likely be after they finish their bug fix process for the current 3.18 iteration.

If you want to dip your toes in and don't mind the cost of entry, I recommend the Mustang Alpha or Avenger Titan are the best starter options now. If you don't mind dropping a bit more on a CCU upgrade (upgrade your starter ship), I recommend the Reliant Kore because buying this gets you a really strong PvE fighter + the Nomad loaner for no additional cost. The Nomad is a utility ship that can haul a ROC and other smaller ground vehicles in the back (it's like a space pickup truck). The Kore is one of the highest DPS starter ships with 6x S2 guns. I also think the Reliant series has a very "Star Wars" feel. Not recommended for PvP though as the it has a very large cross-section making it easy for a half-way decent pilot to hit which is why most people like the gladius / arrow as they have very small profiles and are a lot harder to hit.
    Last edited by Maerit; 02-26-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Figured I would pop back in and alert everyone that Star Citizen is again having an amazingly buggy Free Fly event. Create a free account, get access to a bunch of the "meta" fighters for free to fly for the next week or so. If you like the game, use this referral code: STAR-NTBG-T47L to get free extra money in game. If you buy a package using that referral code, you also get a free snub fighter (P52 Merlin) which also is one of the best ships for the new race tracks - though it has no quantum drive so you'll have to travel to the race tracks and claim it at a nearby station.

New features this round is #1 Persistence, which basically means the servers get bogged down by massive amounts of player trash and debris that sticks around for a really long time. #2 Racing tracks were added (I think 4 of them) with a new faction so you can gain reputation and unlock missions for more tracks. #3 Rework of some stuff in the Crusader system that you wouldn't really know about unless you already played, so not really worth mentioning.

It's still alpha - and I'd say 3.18 is buggier than the previous releases, so expect a lot of pain and suffering as you attempt to do basic shit in this game for now, but it is mostly playable and still probably the best multi-player "space simulator" despite the Alpha status.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-19-2023 at 03:26 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Figured I would pop back in and alert everyone that Star Citizen is again having an amazingly buggy Free Fly event. Create a free account, get access to a bunch of the "meta" fighters for free to fly for the next week or so. If you like the game, use this referral code: STAR-NTBG-T47L to get free extra money in game. If you buy a package using that referral code, you also get a free snub fighter (P52 Merlin) which also is one of the best ships for the new race tracks - though it has no quantum drive so you'll have to travel to the race tracks and claim it at a nearby station.

New features this round is #1 Persistence, which basically means the servers get bogged down by massive amounts of player trash and debris that sticks around for a really long time. #2 Racing tracks were added (I think 4 of them) with a new faction so you can gain reputation and unlock missions for more tracks. #3 Rework of some stuff in the Crusader system that you wouldn't really know about unless you already played, so not really worth mentioning.

It's still alpha - and I'd say 3.18 is buggier than the previous releases, so expect a lot of pain and suffering as you attempt to do basic shit in this game for now, but it is mostly playable and still probably the best multi-player "space simulator" despite the Alpha status.
    I've often considered playing this game, just sounds too difficult to get established.
    Co-owner of Groupies ~ Second Life

Quote Originally Posted by Willowthorns View Post
    I've often considered playing this game, just sounds too difficult to get established.
    It's not hard.

Step 1 - Install it.
    Step 2 - While it's installing, watch a New Player's Guide on youtube (there's actually quite a few really good content creators for the game).
    Step 3 - Find a game loop you're interested in (there's a few good ones) and...
    Step 4 - Profit! (assuming no game breaking bug prevents you from profiting)

I always just play it as though it's a sandbox where anything I currently have is potentially at risk of being lost at any given time, so I never get attached to anything. The only items that are "forever" are your ships.

Examples of game loops: Mining, Newly introduced in 3.18 - salvaging (which requires one of 2 salvage capable ships, so don't expect to salvage much), Flight Combat Missions, Space Delivery Missions, Cargo Hauling, PvP Pirate gameplay (what carebears refer to as "griefing" even though it's just picking random fights), Criminal Missions, Bounty Hunting Criminal Players (PvP), General Exploration, FPS Ground Combat Missions (bunkers and the like). That's just to name a few.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-19-2023 at 04:48 PM.

10. Default

It's not hard.

Step 1 - Install it.
    Step 2 - While it's installing, watch a New Player's Guide on youtube (there's actually quite a few really good content creators for the game).
    Step 3 - Find a game loop you're interested in (there's a few good ones) and...
    Step 4 - Profit! (assuming no game breaking bug prevents you from profiting)

I always just play it as though it's a sandbox where anything I currently have is potentially at risk of being lost at any given time, so I never get attached to anything. The only items that are "forever" are your ships.
    Right now I'm just getting involved with D&D Beyond and starting a campaign. Maybe try this another time.
    Co-owner of Groupies ~ Second Life