Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Firepower is meaningless when they're too chicken shit to confront the shooter to begin with. Lack of police firepower wasn't the problem with this shooting, it was 100% police cowardice and incompetence that is to blame.

I know you think one dude with an AR-15 could wipe out an entire armed police department, but you're also very stupid, so we have to also consider that.

Stop being a bootlicker.
    Use your inane fucking logic and ask yourself /why/ the police didn't do their job, combine that with the overwhelming threat of the shooter, the cowardly leadership and realize for one moment you're arguing against your own solutions for once in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Use your inane fucking logic and ask yourself /why/ the police didn't do their job, combine that with the overwhelming threat of the shooter, the cowardly leadership and realize for one moment you're arguing against your own solutions for once in your life.
    You:
    Fuckin idiots think a three foot rifle with massive over-penetration is going to save your family from a home invasion.
    Also you, 31 minutes later:
    The fact he had an AR-15 overwhelmed the capabilities of the local police, and he murdered children.

Which one is it Seran? Both can't be true.

Also, what is abstinence and how are republicans trying to block it?
    Last edited by Methais; 06-01-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

If we're not going to decrease the firepower of the citizenry then you need to increase the firepower of those protecting it. Universally codifying qualified immunity in the face of a deadly threat needs to be part of this as well.
    I'm not willing to throw away the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

I'm fine with arming the Police Department with anything they need.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'm not willing to throw away the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

I'm fine with arming the Police Department with anything they need.
    2A was passed back when there were only single round flintlock guns. We now have automatics rifles readily available for purchase and yet the rights and supporting laws to bare them are largely still the same. I personally don’t see a need for firearms or the need to retain the 2A as written but, I understand the extreme contrasting views in the US and the immediate compromise should be much stricter regulations on firearms. Unfortunately, we have more guns than people in the US so I don’t think much will change unless they are all removed, in my opinion, thus arming and training our police force is also a necessary action in the interim, again just my opinion. Other countries have done away with them altogether successfully and have thus reduced similar tragedies involving firearms to nearly zero. What benefits do you gain by having guns? What if all guns were removed, would you still feel the need to have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chowell; 06-01-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chowell View Post
    2A was passed back when there were only single round flintlock guns. We now have automatics rifles readily available for purchase and yet the rights and supporting laws to bare them are largely still the same. I personally don’t see a need for firearms or the need to retain the 2A as written but, I understand the extreme contrasting views in the US and the immediate compromise should be much stricter regulations on firearms. Unfortunately, we have more guns than people in the US so I don’t think much will change unless they are all removed, in my opinion, thus arming and training our police force is also a necessary action in the interim, again just my opinion. Other countries have done away with them altogether successfully and have thus reduced similar tragedies involving firearms to nearly zero. What benefits do you gain by having guns? What if all guns were removed, would you still feel the need to have them?
    I don't play the hypothetical games like "What if we could magically get rid of every single gun".. since I live in reality.

I have the right to bear arms which is spelled out quite clearly in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. If the citizens of this country want to do away with that right, all that is required is passing a new amendment taking away that right.

Good luck with that.

ETA: I no longer have a single firearm in my possession since the boating accident of 2017.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 06-01-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

As a revolutionary country that systematically wiped out it's indigenous people and had several battles for more land, our country started out with an overly abundant weapons industry. As the need to hunt for food or to oppress the local natives died out, rather than face shrinking sales, the weapons industries made owning firearms a right of passage for men. Through the NRA and direct political donations, arms manufacturers wield outsized influence and you see that personified in the tone deaf response from the right to mass shootings. They want guns out of the hands of 'bad people', not recognizing that the obscene numbers of guns out there makes it disgustingly simply for criminals to use them.

There is no modern need for firearms beyond low caliber revolvers and shotguns for home protection, and hunting rifles. Restricting ownership of anything beyond that and regulating what is allowed would go a long way to slowing gun violence in our country.

It's sad that Republicans see the United States as 'special' and thus immune from comparison to the low crime rates and gun deaths overseas, but I don't see that changing.
    Last edited by Seran; 06-01-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Kind of sad, you say you have kids and yet the guns is what has you worried. Not the mental health problems of kids that is leading to this sort of tragedy in the first place.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    ETA: I no longer have a single firearm in my possession since the boating accident of 2017.
    I used to have similar boating accidents but these days I just say I have many firearms & it’s going to stay that way.

What happens if you make me & 100 million God-fearing, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens like me criminals overnight because of the firearms owned? I pray they don’t fuck around and find out. It’s my line in the sand. My ancestors shot red coats in the face for far less tyranny.

Blog Entries

You could literally own cannons and warships at the time of the writing of the 2A.

Amazingly, nobody would use a bank that wasn't secure. Your children though, meh.

What benefits do you gain by having guns?
    The benefit of being able to defend my family, myself and my property when the police show up, 30 minutes after the fact.

Where you moved to sounds like exactly where you should be.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

As a revolutionary country that systematically wiped out it's indigenous people and had several battles for more land, our country started out with an overly abundant weapons industry. As the need to hunt for food or to oppress the local natives died out, rather than face shrinking sales, the weapons industries made owning firearms a right of passage for men. Through the NRA and direct political donations, arms manufacturers wield outsized influence and you see that personified in the tone deaf response from the right to mass shootings. They want guns out of the hands of 'bad people', not recognizing that the obscene numbers of guns out there makes it disgustingly simply for criminals to use them.

There is no modern need for firearms beyond low caliber revolvers and shotguns for home protection, and hunting rifles. Restricting ownership of anything beyond that and regulating what is allowed would go a long way to slowing gun violence in our country.

It's sad that Republicans see the United States as 'special' and thus immune from comparison to the low crime rates and gun deaths overseas, but I don't see that changing.
    I don't think the word "caliber" means what you think it means.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984