Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The War on Christmas

Rojo and WB obviously hate America.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    = largely generated by conservative radio.
    Care to elaborate? I'm pretty sure I can give you links to a dozen or so examples of how there is a concerted effort to change "Christmas" things to "Holiday" things...and it has nothing to do with the evil Conservative radio.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    But, but, but, gold never loses its value! It's safe, it's never-changing, it's the ultimate conservative commodity!
    Do you have an actual example of someone stating any of these 'features' of gold? I've never once heard someone make any of these claims.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Did Glenn Beck really call Rick Santorum the next George Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    Let's see.. a socially conservative nutball... sounds about right.

I'm actually shocked (and happy) that Santorum hasn't had more success than he has. He has a pretty conservative record that I would have thought would please both fiscal conservatives and religious bible thumpers.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dec9SceFmJc

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santoru...ual_neologism)
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 12-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    No. In the real world, not everybody cares about Jesus or about what Americans want to call his madeup birthday.
    You sound just like Kim Jong-il.

Washington, DC – You might be a communist if…You ban poinsettias from a government school; You rename a Christmas tree a “holiday” tree in a state building…or You threaten your neighbors with unexpected consequences if they want to put up Christmas lights. North Korea has claimed that South Korea’s plan to place three Christmas light displays in the shape of large trees is “a mean attempt for psychological warfare.” Their official site states, “The enemy warmongers ... should be aware that they should be held responsible entirely for any unexpected consequences that may be caused by their scheme,” according to the Associated French Press.

This highlights the extreme hostility towards Christianity and Christmas that is still a daily part of the lives of those living in North Korea. Their government is not just content to ban the celebration of Christmas inside their nation, but is willing to declare Christmas lights seen from their borders to be similar to an act of war. Last year, South Korea erected one display of lights. That was the first time since 2004.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Folks in the news have been making lots of talk recently about the "war" on Christmas. I.e. That everyone is so PC lately it's happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas... things of that nature.

I personally am ok with seeing a nativity scene or Christmas tree in front of a government building, so long as other religions can also be equally represented (like a menorah, or a buddha, or what have you) at the appropriate times.

Discuss.
    When you say folks in the news you mean FOX news and conservative talk radio.

To say that being politically correct is a bad thing is exactly the opposite of what being politically correct means. Generalizing a holiday greeting is a way to INCLUDE people not exclude.

Don’t listen to the haters, man. They bring everyone down.

When you say folks in the news you mean FOX news and conservative talk radio.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/po...-98741864.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40260889...stmas-winning/

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/11/131988...Lincoln-Tunnel

Mmm hmm.

I dont see that there is anything wrong with that sign. It's asking people to use their brains.

A somewhat connected topic...

The Kohls that I used to LP for had a Christmas Tree up on Halloween night this year. Halloween night. They know what Christmas is all about.