Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The War on Christmas

1. Default The War on Christmas

Folks in the news have been making lots of talk recently about the "war" on Christmas. I.e. That everyone is so PC lately it's happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas... things of that nature.

I personally am ok with seeing a nativity scene or Christmas tree in front of a government building, so long as other religions can also be equally represented (like a menorah, or a buddha, or what have you) at the appropriate times.

Discuss.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

If you can't have a mosque near ground zero, why should you be able to have a nativity scene near a government building?

If you can have a mosque near ground zero, why shouldn't you be able to have a nativity scene near a government building?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    If you can't have a mosque near ground zero, why should you be able to have a nativity scene near a government building?
    I'm ok with a mosque near ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    If you can have a mosque near ground zero, why shouldn't you be able to have a nativity scene near a government building?
    I'm also ok with a nativity scene near a gov building.

Good questions though. I think people get too emotional about this stuff.

Merry Christmas everyone ;p
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Uhh, most of my week is spent at a multi-national corporation that mostly hires outside of the US. So, most of the people I work with are brown and either Muslim, Hindi or Brown Christian. We have a christmas tree near all the elevator lobbies right now but the Muslim holidays are big here too. Safety is a big part of why I'm paid and everytime they are fasting someone passes out. I pay more attention to the Muslim holidays these days I guess. So my point.

No. In the real world, not everybody cares about Jesus or about what Americans want to call his madeup birthday. It will be called something else in a thousand years anyways.

But just for you Suppa Hobbit Mage, since it seems to matter, Merry Christmas. :P
    Last edited by 4a6c1; 12-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Oh.

On the nativity scene in front of a government building, no. We are not only a Christian nation and I would not want my elected bodies representing us as such. And I wouldnt want any other countries interpreting our preference towards Christianity in the stuff we are doing overseas. We're better than that. This country is supposed to be for everyone not just some who believe certain things.

= largely generated by conservative radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    = largely generated by conservative radio.
    Yeah. They've been building on it for about 4 years.

Suggest something is threatened! Opine about the destruction of everything! Sell gold!

Find a Glenn Beck to scare the shit out of everyone. Sell more gold.

But, but, but, gold never loses its value! It's safe, it's never-changing, it's the ultimate conservative commodity!
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.