Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    Yes, clearly you meant it as a sincere compliment. You're such a benevolent soul.
    Please delete this post due to sniping, as there are no GMs here to do it for you.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't get where the 'krolvin are racist' thing is coming from. Their in-game description is "ape-like", and official artwork shows them as anything from a gorilla, to a baboon. Now there's a dude editing out things he considers problematic from their wiki page. Is every depiction of an ape racist now? jfc this is so tiresome.
    Like how SJWs went nuts over Cocoa Pops in the UK because it has a monkey for a mascot, so said white SJWs decided that that's racist against black people.

You know, because SJWs associate monkeys with black people because it's everyone else who's racist.

Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Please delete this post due to sniping, as there are no GMs here to do it for you.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Vicimer View Post
    First of all, Teveriel: Shut up. Only a 4-year-old is offended by "galaxy brain".

Dreaven: The fact you missed the mark that much makes it even funnier. You said people were looking for racism where there was none. I said people were looking for reasons to complain, and THAT is what you hollered at. I didn't call you or anyone else racist.

I will now, though. That you and your neo-Confederate reactionary buddies here have spent the last two days crying about this shows they're doing the right thing. You and the other snowflakes can keep melting down because it's really entertaining. Imagine being so fragile that something so inconsequential could get you this broken up. Oh wait, these are the same people who wet their diapers because some other people made a message board once. I will thank you. If you're going to be stupid and racist, at least it's fun to watch. Do come back to the officials and bleat some more. It's really going well for you!

Die angry.
    You're a moron.

Nobody is "offended" by this. Most of us are just laughing at all this pointless virtue signaling from people who don't know the difference between race and species, who are also the same people who equate apes to black people.

But yes, clearly it's everyone else who's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by MispronouncedHeroine View Post
    For those of you who find these changes infuriating, let me propose a solution: lean in. The best way to illustrate the absurdity of fixing racism in Elanthia (and yes, this is absurd), is to parody it by taking it to extremity (the Sacha Baron Cohen method). Go ruin the game for awhile!

During story lines and major events, interrupt and disrupt them with identity politics. Consider the following suggestions:

1. Throw a pride parade. Get all your friends together, strip down, and dance through the streets. Examples activities that are not against policy:
    -Methais asks for consent, then drapes Luntz in a rainbow flag as he kisses him passionately
    -Dreaven gets very, very close to Cruxophim as he dances
    -Vishra dances, shaking her manly hips

Be as OOC and over the top as possible, without actually breaking any rules. If the staff disciplines you, write a story on Vice about how simu hates gay people and get Gemstone IV shutdown.

2. Have a teach-in where characters get to share their "lived experiences" of racism as half-krolvin. Just take stories from the internet, find/replace, and spam the heck out of the room where a story line is taking place. Take something heartfelt and sacred and cheapen it by putting it in a game.

3. Stage a protest of the herb shop for selling Bolmara potion, citing that it is a form of discrimination against people with speech impediments and supports a culture of "ableism"

4. Stage a protest in Ta'Vaalor for their years of discriminatory guard hiring policies. Try to tear down a statue.

5. Occupy the elven court and it's 1%.

6. Charge Elves for attending the dreavening and give the proceeds as reparations to the Half-Krolvin in the group as a form of affirmative action. When an elf asks for a service, tell them to "check their privilege" and ignore them.

7. Invite Rowaan and Vishra to speak (give their many academic credentials) on implicit bias and the intersectionality of being a trans Aelotoi.

To summarize: Black Lives Matter. Go ahead and change Gemstone IV to eliminate racism. Rename "Master" bedroom. Keep virtue signaling. You are not actually helping fight systemic racism in America, but distracting from the real problems.

Oh, I get it Simu: you are just afraid of the cancel culture. #metoo

*Except the gaying with Zaoloo part
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 11:21 AM.

6. Default

Apparently, if you disagree with Naos, you are now a racist. And he speaks on behalf of Simu that your money's no good with them:

Never knew that Stillfront sold Simu overnight to overlord Naos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    This is all correct.

This is all correct.

This is all retarded.
    This is correct.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Apparently, if you disagree with Naos, you are now a racist. And he speaks on behalf of Simu that your money's no good with them:

Never knew that Stillfront sold Simu overnight to overlord Naos.
    Congratulations SIMU for opening a can of worms that you will be unable to contain.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    All of those, including TGO's, were sniping and engaging in personal attacks. Or does it make it okay when it's someone who shares the same opinion as you?

You'll be ok, Cupcake.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Congratulations SIMU for opening a can of worms that you will be unable to contain.

To be fair, most people will still pay Simu for the privilege of being shit on. It's been happening for 30 years and there are still people who complain about it.. yet keep paying them a monthly subscription for a text game.

Some people deserve what they get from Simutronics.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.