Page 72 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: US Oil Producers Fail to Produce

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The price of oil when President Biden was inaugurated was $55......
    ..... And....

..?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Durable good manufacturing hasn't tanked, retail isn't that bad and people are again shifting into services since job growth hasn't slowed. I'm thinking the underlying economy will be strong and stable. Certain industries are going to get it in the chin, for good reason.

As we can see from the last bubble burst, durable goods didn't feel the sting until a year after energy prices were at all time highs.

There is vast differences between 2008 and now. The inflation rate was at 3.75%, so there was no need to increase lending rates, that's obviously not the case now. We are also facing an even bigger problem, that being, the boomer generation at it's peak population is retiring and we don't have the workforce to fill that gap for at least 2 decades and that's only if the gen-z'rs actually decide to have children.

This isn't going to be a recession, it's going to be a depression.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

..... And....

..?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

..... And....

..?
    It's about double what it was just a year and a half ago.

This is what happens when an administration wages a war on energy.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

..... And....

..?
    So, what is abstinence and how are Republicans trying to block it?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

As we can see from the last bubble burst, durable goods didn't feel the sting until a year after energy prices were at all time highs.

There is vast differences between 2008 and now. The inflation rate was at 3.75%, so there was no need to increase lending rates, that's obviously not the case now. We are also facing an even bigger problem, that being, the boomer generation at it's peak population is retiring and we don't have the workforce to fill that gap for at least 2 decades and that's only if the gen-z'rs actually decide to have children.

This isn't going to be a recession, it's going to be a depression.
    There's a massive population of migrant workers biting at the bit to fill that gap, whose numbers can be filled with a sane immigration policy. Reagan did it, why's it so troubling to Republicans now?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    It's about double what it was just a year and a half ago.

This is what happens when an administration wages a war on energy.
    The sky is blue, thus Trump committed treason. I too can piece together a random facts into nonsensical statements.

Blog Entries

There's a massive population of migrant workers biting at the bit to fill that gap, whose numbers can be filled with a sane immigration policy. Reagan did it, why's it so troubling to Republicans now?
    The immigration from Mexico is over, the vast majority of migrants are coming from central America. These folks don't have the technical training to fill the positions, nor do they have the population.

This doesn't even begin to factor in the global demand that will be transferred to the US. The boomer phenomenon is unique to the US, at the end of WW2 Europeans didn't have large families like Americans. Japan started to deal with this problem in the 90's and started transferring their manufacturing base to the countries that purchased their goods I.E. Toyota plants based in the US. Russia is just now feeling the population decline from the Stalin years along with Eastern Europe.

There is no escaping what's coming down the tunnel and there's no current form of government that's equipped to handle the economic deflation.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

The sky is blue, thus Trump committed treason. I too can piece together a random facts into nonsensical statements.
    What?

There is at least a glimmer... you acknowledged that this administration is waging a war on energy is a statement of fact.

But it's not just two random facts... it's literally cause and effect.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The immigration from Mexico is over, the vast majority of migrants are coming from central America. These folks don't have the technical training to fill the positions, nor do they have the population.

This doesn't even begin to factor in the global demand that will be transferred to the US. The boomer phenomenon is unique to the US, at the end of WW2 Europeans didn't have large families like Americans. Japan started to deal with this problem in the 90's and started transferring their manufacturing base to the countries that purchased their goods I.E. Toyota plants based in the US. Russia is just now feeling the population decline from the Stalin years along with Eastern Europe.

There is no escaping what's coming down the tunnel and there's no current form of government that's equipped to handle the economic deflation.
    The Fed is constantly worrying about deflation, as if it was the biggest boogie man of all time, but it really isn't. Products and materials get cheaper as new technologies or processes become moreso efficient, rather than pass those savings onto consumers they're instead pocketed as profits. If instead they're passed onto consumers, who in turn buy more goods, why is that a bad thing.

There are still a sizeable number of Mexican migrants, but you're right the majority are central Americans. And yes a sizeable number are gang recruits. So implement a one strike program, where migrants are granted a work visa until they stop working or get arrested for a misdemeanor or more serious offense and then deport them for 5-10 years. No appeals, no 'but your honor it was just one bottle of tequila', just one express lane out of our country. Trump's plan to accept only migrants who wouldn't use welfare systems should also be codified.