Page 554 of 763 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 7625

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Great argument for a VAT. You identify the wealthy already are wealthy and regardless of the massively lower amount they spend as a percentage of income or their wealth to VAT applicable purchases, you defend transitioning away from personal income tax and capital gains taxes to make them wealthier still. Meanwhile, the poor, whom you already seem to understand suffer proportionately more under our tax system, should suffer a higher marginal rate under VAT because they're fucked either way. How very Republican of you.
    So, you are saying that some European countries are making their poor suffer because of their tax system?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So, you are saying that some European countries are making their poor suffer because of their tax system?
    That appears to be what you're saying, but not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out the REPUBLICANS idea of abolishing all income tax and instituting ONLY a VAT would make the rich much richer and the poor far more destitute.

FIRST ON FOX: Republicans in the House of Representatives will vote on a bill that would abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), eliminate the national income tax and replace it with a national consumption tax.

More...
    The vote on the bill was made as part of the deal between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and members of the House Freedom Caucus and was pushed forward in his quest for the gavel last week.

This will be a difficult vote for Republicans in purple states. If they vote against it, they will have to explain it to uncrecptive primary voters. If they vote for it, they will have to explain it to skeptical general election voters. Because it has no chance of passing, McCarthy is being irresponsible by putting House members in that difficult position.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This will be a difficult vote for Republicans in purple states. If they vote against it, they will have to explain it to uncrecptive primary voters. If they vote for it, they will have to explain it to skeptical general election voters. Because it has no chance of passing, McCarthy is being irresponsible by putting House members in that difficult position.
    Don't forget Republicans also asserted a new (albeit unconstitutional rule) that no matter seeking to increase the income tax can proceed without a 3/5ths majority being in agreement.

That appears to be what you're saying, but not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out the REPUBLICANS idea of abolishing all income tax and instituting ONLY a VAT would make the rich much richer and the poor far more destitute.
    Is there a plan out there being pushed by the Republicans that abolishes all income tax and instituting only a VAT system that has zero systems in place to help out the poor?

Please make a link so I can view it. It's not that I am not taking your word for it.. but I've never read a post of yours where you were right before... this might actually be the one (but it's unlikely)
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Is there a plan out there being pushed by the Republicans that abolishes all income tax and instituting only a VAT system that has zero systems in place to help out the poor?

Please make a link so I can view it. It's not that I am not taking your word for it.. but I've never read a post of yours where you were right before... this might actually be the one (but it's unlikely)
    Man you're a lazy fuck.

Google H.R. 25, the Fair Tax Act

Man you're a lazy fuck.

Google H.R. 25, the Fair Tax Act
    I looked it up... first thing I read is "Retards economic growth" and I literally thought they were talking about you.

Because when I hear the word retard, I immediately think of Seran.

But you should actually read what you are talking about as there are entire sections devoted to refunds, poverty levels, rebates, etc...

So.. I ask again: Is there a plan out there being pushed by Republicans that "has zero systems in place to help out the poor"?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Don't forget Republicans also asserted a new (albeit unconstitutional rule) that no matter seeking to increase the income tax can proceed without a 3/5ths majority being in agreement.
    I'm a huge proponent of this. If you want to increase the amount of money you are taking from the people, you should have bipartisan support and far more than a 51/49 majority.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

I looked it up... first thing I read is "Retards economic growth" and I literally thought they were talking about you.

Because when I hear the word retard, I immediately think of Seran.

But you should actually read what you are talking about as there are entire sections devoted to refunds, poverty levels, rebates, etc...

So.. I ask again: Is there a plan out there being pushed by Republicans that "has zero systems in place to help out the poor"?
    Why yes, destroying the US tax base would retard economic growth, that says it pretty succinctly on its own. We'll throw out education, business grants, scientific grants and awards, public works and development loans all because Republicans wanna defund the government. I'm glad you followed the conversation at least that much, but you can go back to wallowing on your ignorance for the rest.

Blog Entries

Add not understanding the Constitution to things you do not understand. Shit eater.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam