Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wage gap?

Default Wage gap?

I know we likely have another thread for this somewhere but I am too lazy to dig it up. I saw this video on FB and was wondering how true it was and figured someone less lazy then I could do the fact checking.

http://www.break.com/video/do-men-re...ypes=og.shares
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

All looks legit to me, and is pretty much the same thing I was saying in the other thread.

I'm also too lazy to fact check the video, but as a woman in the corporate world I can anecdotally attest to the fact that women are less likely to negotiate salary. I think we believe that someone will notice our inherent worth without us having to point it out, and reward us with commensurate pay without being asked (at least, that was my thinking before I learned otherwise). One girl who reports to me, when she found out what her salary was to be increased to during her annual review, looked crestfallen. She, however, didn't say anything until I prodded a bit, then she said "it was much less than I was hoping for." Much less, but she hadn't planned to say anything to me about it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gender pay gap is only 5-7%, and due to failure to negotiate for better salary. There is workplace sexism at times, but it's much more subtle than pay increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    I know we likely have another thread for this somewhere but I am too lazy to dig it up. I saw this video on FB and was wondering how true it was and figured someone less lazy then I could do the fact checking.

http://www.break.com/video/do-men-re...ypes=og.shares
    He pretty much makes all the points I always make whenever this topic comes up.

But all you're going to get from those who disagree are a bunch of "Nuh uh!"s and "You're obviously sexist!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The only reason you bring these fabricated points up is because you are a sexist.. and therefore against Hillary Clinton!

But all you're going to get from those who disagree are a bunch of "Nuh uh!"s and "You're obviously sexist!"
    Son of a...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Also you can go into even more specifics than Maddox did in his video (and holy shit, I had no idea Maddox was even still around doing this type of shit.)

Maddox mentioned hours worked and experience and promotions and blah blah blah, but what accounts for part of the reason a typical woman has less experience and promotions than a typical man is because of children. Yes, we no longer live in the 1940's but women still typically are the ones who will take a year or two (or more) off from work in order to raise a child whereas the man typically continues to go to work everyday, this translates into more experience for the man and thus more promotion opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The only reason you bring these fabricated points up is because you are a sexist.. and therefore against Hillary Clinton!

Son of a...

Quote Originally Posted by Taelinn View Post
    I'm also too lazy to fact check the video, but as a woman in the corporate world I can anecdotally attest to the fact that women are less likely to negotiate salary. I think we believe that someone will notice our inherent worth without us having to point it out, and reward us with commensurate pay without being asked (at least, that was my thinking before I learned otherwise). One girl who reports to me, when she found out what her salary was to be increased to during her annual review, looked crestfallen. She, however, didn't say anything until I prodded a bit, then she said "it was much less than I was hoping for." Much less, but she hadn't planned to say anything to me about it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gender pay gap is only 5-7%, and due to failure to negotiate for better salary. There is workplace sexism at times, but it's much more subtle than pay increases.
    That part never fails to amaze me. I can somewhat see where employers are looking to cut costs but a lot of people tend to work better and be more productive if they feel they are appreciated for the work they do. One of the easiest ways to show that would be by paying them what they are worth not what you think you can get by with. Reminds me of this thing I saw about some storage company or whatever where the employees are paid double but the owner says it is worth it because they work three times harder.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    That part never fails to amaze me. I can somewhat see where employers are looking to cut costs but a lot of people tend to work better and be more productive if they feel they are appreciated for the work they do. One of the easiest ways to show that would be by paying them what they are worth not what you think you can get by with. Reminds me of this thing I saw about some storage company or whatever where the employees are paid double but the owner says it is worth it because they work three times harder.
    Well, I think sometimes it's just a gap in expectation - managers will assume that someone with a certain wage will be happy with a percentage increase based on that wage, when in reality the employee is using other metrics to determine what they think their salary should be. Other times, I think companies are so bloated with bureaucracy and decision-makers that there isn't much left to pay the people who do the actual work. That said, I totally agree. Well-paid employees are happy employees, and with sites like Glassdoor it's easier than ever to tell what your contemporaries are making. Not sure if this is the article you were thinking of, but I'm definitely curious to see how it pans out: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ceo-givi...s-a-sacrifice/

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Thread: Wage gap?

dumbass bitch
    See? It's like I can see the future and shit.