Page 1758 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 7581258165817081748175617571758175917601768 ... LastLast
Results 17,571 to 17,580 of 17873

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Here is another example and a personal one to make it fair:

In 2020, my father was in an elderly & mental care facility. He suffered from dementia and passed away in 2022. This was at the height of Covid and I couldn’t even visit him. They did take him to vote though…. He was a lifelong Republican but I have no idea how he voted in 2020 because I wasn’t with him & that awful facility controlled the process. At that time he may not have been able to recall who the sitting President was.

I don’t think my father in his condition at that time should be allowed to vote. He was incapable then of making that decision for himself. Would you agree that we shouldn’t allow an elderly man suffering from dementia to vote? I mean, I know you can be President in that condition…but let’s just stick with voting…

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Ok. I’m not conceding but let’s explore.

I think America has an election problem. We have too many people that are completely uniformed & incapable of making rational independent decisions in voting for a candidate that will serve their own interests. This uneducated and low intellect problem is not concentrated to a single political party. A crude example, some people are voting for either Trump or Harris purely based on race & without any knowledge of their policies or plan for governance. These people are easily manipulated and allowing them to have a voice in our political process has net-negative consequences to America.

Do you first agree in this problem / issue with our modern society?

If so, how would you propose we solve that? We could also look towards better educating our population, but that is a much longer difficult road that our government has not been particularly successful at. I do think we should explore some time of barrier to entry for voting to discriminate only, fairly, and evenly against the lowest intelligence & ignorant of our population. I’m open to ideas and flexible on the details of how we achieve that without introducing other voter discrimination or undue consequences.
    You can't limit the voting, the point of the the US being a Constitutional Republic is that everyone has a voice. So, from those with low IQ to those with high IQ and everyone in between, they all have a right to vote, even though half of them are fucking retarded.

What does need to be done is only in person voting with a proper Voter ID card - which can only be obtained if you're a US citizen that is of proper age and not a felon (unless otherwise permitted by your State laws).

No early voting (unless under extreme circumstances that I can't think of) and no mail-in voting.

In 2020, my father was in an elderly & mental care facility. He suffered from dementia and passed away in 2022. This was at the height of Covid and I couldn’t even visit him. They did take him to vote though…. He was a lifelong Republican but I have no idea how he voted in 2020 because I wasn’t with him & that awful facility controlled the process. At that time he may not have been able to recall who the sitting President was.

I don’t think my father in his condition at that time should be allowed to vote. He was incapable then of making that decision for himself. Would you agree that we shouldn’t allow an elderly man suffering from dementia to vote? I mean, I know you can be President in that condition…but let’s just stick with voting…
    I don't think anyone who is mentally unfit and potentially subject to the undue coercion or influence of another should be allowed to vote. Be they insane, or severely mentally disabled. Prisoners would fall into this category too in my opinion. This was the central argument for setting the voting age to what it is today, to prevent those who would be manipulated for their vote.

In an ideal world I don’t think we should allow the type of person you are describing to vote. The problem is I don’t trust the potential person or government to make this decision. Sure it starts out with just the dementia patients who don’t even know what year it is, but slowly and surely it broadens to encompass more people who just so happen to vote a certain way.

My dad had ONE appointment with a VA psychiatrist and they deemed him mentally incompetent, even though his mind was as sharp as ever. While we were appealing this decision my dad received a letter stating that since he was declared mentally incompetent he was no longer allowed to own a firearm. His second amendment right was stripped away from him based on a single session with a single doctor.

Sure we appealed it and the VA reversed their decision, but my dad lost one of his rights for months because of some asshole at the VA.

So I would rather error on the side of not stripping away people’s rights, if that means legit mentally unfit people can continue to vote then that’s the way I lean.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-10-2024 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    In an ideal world I don’t think we should allow the type of person you are describing to vote. The problem is I don’t trust the potential person or government to make this decision. Sure it starts out with just the dementia patients who don’t even know what year it is, but slowly and surely it broadens to encompass more people who just so happen to vote a certain way.

My dad had ONE appointment with a VA psychiatrist and they deemed him mentally incompetent, even though his mind was as sharp as ever. While we were appealing this decision my dad received a letter stating that since he was declared mentally incompetent he was no longer allowed to own a firearm. His second amendment right was stripped away from him based on a single session with a single doctor.

Sure we appealed it and the VA reversed their decision, but my dad lost one of his rights for months because of some asshole at the VA.

So I would rather error on the side of not stripping away people’s rights, if that means legit mentally unfit people can continue to vote then that’s the way I lean.
    Yeah, that type of shit should require approval from a judge in the least before it is put into effect.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I don't think anyone who is mentally unfit and potentially subject to the undue coercion or influence of another should be allowed to vote. Be they insane, or severely mentally disabled. Prisoners would fall into this category too in my opinion. This was the central argument for setting the voting age to what it is today, to prevent those who would be manipulated for their vote.
    I also agree that extreme retards like you shouldn't vote.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

You make a very good point. I’m sorry that happened to your dad. I agree there is a great risk exposure to corruption on how such a test and whom would administer, and would also error on the side of caution before stripping away anyone’s rights.

Surely today in 2024 we could come up with an unbiased standard application of a literacy and/or very low bar civic test to register to vote. Maybe we can use or implement AI to make it as free from human corruption as possible? We could start small with at first being voluntary, and if successful there roll out to a single state. I dunno…maybe it truly can’t be solved for like that and you are correct the risk of tyranny is greater than the benefit. I’m just brainstorming here.

As Google recently demonstrated with their image AI that replaced white people as often as possible, even AI can and will be corrupted by human input.

20 years ago I would have said sure, there must be a way we can do this fairly. But as the far left has demonstrated these past few years, there isn’t anything they won’t corrupt in order to acquire more power.

Exactly.

I would rather retards like sErAn be allowed to vote than our government be the sole decider of who is mentally disabled and therefore taking away their right to vote.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    You can't limit the voting, the point of the the US being a Constitutional Republic is that everyone has a voice. So, from those with low IQ to those with high IQ and everyone in between, they all have a right to vote, even though half of them are fucking retarded.

What does need to be done is only in person voting with a proper Voter ID card - which can only be obtained if you're a US citizen that is of proper age and not a felon (unless otherwise permitted by your State laws).

No early voting (unless under extreme circumstances that I can't think of) and no mail-in voting.
    Pivoting, but what’s your issue with early voting? I’m on the fence about that one. I can see the merits of both sides with a single election day (with exceptions) and having an early voting period.

In my state early voting begins October 21st, and that’s the day I’ll be casting my ballot this election cycle. I’ve been waiting for that day for four long years…