Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Republican Convention 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Illegal immigration was greatly reduced under Trump and skyrocketed under Biden.
    Untrue. In 2017, the number of apprehensions at the southern border was 304k. About 20 days in 2017 were Obama days, but for simplicity, we'll give Trump credit for those days. In 2020, the last full year of Trump's term, the number of apprehensions at the southern border was 458k. That's not a reduction.

Your claim oversimplifies the problem. In prior years, the number of "got aways" was estimated to be much higher than in recent years, because of better surveillance and intervention technology and, more importantly, because more people who cross the border illegally in recent years try to get apprehended, instead of trying to evade. Being apprehended allows them to apply for asylum. See https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...eaking-records

Furthermore, the number of immigrants living in the US during Trump's term did not decrease as he promised. See https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...e-end-of-2023/

Immigration enforcement in the U.S. interior during the Trump administration has lagged far behind the president's 2016 electoral promises as well as the record of his predecessor, Barack Obama. In fact, the Trump administration deported only slightly more than one-third as many unauthorized immigrants from the interior during its first four fiscal years than did the Obama administration during the same timeframe.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Untrue. In 2017, the number of apprehensions at the southern border was 304k. About 20 days in 2017 were Obama days, but for simplicity, we'll give Trump credit for those days. In 2020, the last full year of Trump's term, the number of apprehensions at the southern border was 458k. That's not a reduction.

Your claim oversimplifies the problem. In prior years, the number of "got aways" was estimated to be much higher than in recent years, because of better surveillance and intervention technology and, more importantly, because more people who cross the border illegally in recent years try to get apprehended, instead of trying to evade. Being apprehended allows them to apply for asylum. See https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...eaking-records

Furthermore, the number of immigrants living in the US during Trump's term did not decrease as he promised. See https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...e-end-of-2023/
    Or maybe instead of all these bullshit excuses you have in a wall of text, illegal immigration skyrocketed under Biden because he reversed policies on day 1 with executive action.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Do you really want to go down this road again? Wasn't one beating enough for you?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Or maybe instead of all these bullshit excuses you have in a wall of text, illegal immigration skyrocketed under Biden because he reversed policies on day 1 with executive action.
    Are you talking about Trump's family separation policy, under which parents were separated from children, many of whom were too young to speak, then the parents were deported, and records were not kept about who were the parents and where they were from?

Are you talking about Trump's family separation policy, under which parents were separated from children, many of whom were too young to speak, then the parents were deported, and records were not kept about who were the parents and where they were from?
    No.

There were a number of policy reversals, but the most significant is Title 42. Forcing so-called asylum seekers to remain in Mexico while their application processed and moved through the court system kept them from crossing our border & also was a successful deterrent to illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Do you really want to go down this road again? Wasn't one beating enough for you?
    As long as someone's paying attention to him, that's all that matters.

He's not well.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Don't bring your germ donkeys and dream killers with you while committing an invasion then.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal