Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157
Results 1,561 to 1,567 of 1567

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

The federal judge overseeing the classified documents charges against former president Donald Trump has dismissed the indictment on the grounds that special counsel Jack Smith was improperly appointed, according to a court filing Monday.

U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon's ruling is a remarkable win for Trump, whose lawyers have thrown longshot argument after longshot argument to dismiss the case. Other courts have rejected similar arguments to the one that he made in Florida about the legality of Smith's appointment.

More...
    Trump's legal team has long considered the classified document case to be the strongest of the four criminal cases against him — in part because the acts in question mostly occurred after he left the White House — and the one they were most worried about.

This ruling is likely to be overturned by the Court of Appeals and will then go the Supreme Court, a process that could take a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This ruling is likely to be overturned by the Court of Appeals and will then go the Supreme Court, a process that could take a year.

I bet that really chaps your ass.

3. Default

Sorry, but the Supreme Court has already voiced its opinion on this, and is the basis for this decision. Read it here in Justice Thomas' concurring opinion on Trump v. United States (23-939).

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...3-939_e2pg.pdf

(starts page 52 of the document)
    Last edited by Furryrat; 07-15-2024 at 11:49 AM.

If Jack Smith attempts to appeal this it will go to the 11th circuit. Want to guess who presides over that one? If you guessed Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas you would be correct.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    If Jack Smith attempts to appeal this it will go to the 11th circuit. Want to guess who presides over that one? If you guessed Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas you would be correct.
    I predict ClydeR & Seran will soon be advocating for a mob lynching of Justice Thomas as a necessary means to achieve social justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I predict ClydeR & Seran will soon be advocating for a mob lynching of Justice Thomas as a necessary means to achieve social justice.
    "HE'S A WHITE SUPREMACIST!"
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    "HE'S A WHITE SUPREMACIST!"
    This is who Seran unironically thinks Clarence Thomas is:

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible