Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simu is officially monetizing spell ups now

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I bet that move will drop the purchase of event boxes by half. I've seen a lot of people dropping silvers on event boxes for their multiple accounts and then turning around and selling them for a small profit in return (or at least making their silvers back and being able to keep an experience orb for free). If these folks can't resell vouchers then the event box is going to be rather pointless for a some people.
    Yup. Only reason I ever bought the event boxes was so I could make a minuscule profit. Sometimes I would buy them if I could at least break even, free orbs and all.

If all of the items are going to be account bound then I'm never buying an event box again unless they put something more appealing in there for me.

I really don't understand why they don't expand upon the event box idea. It doesn't have to be event related. They could put some rare items in the boxes with a price tag of like 10m silvers or something, you either get a rare item or an experience orb. Something. ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    The vouchers from event boxes are going to be attuned to your account in the future.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Here I was kind of happy to be able to be lazy and not mess with alts to spell up, when not in the Landing/Mule/Sol area. But for 10k I'll just spell myself up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Here I was kind of happy to be able to be lazy and not mess with alts to spell up, when not in the Landing/Mule/Sol area. But for 10k I'll just spell myself up!
    Questions that the GMs might be asking real soon:
    Why has the use of the invoker dropped off to almost nothing after moving it to FWI and asking for 10k per service?
    Why are the spell up pills not selling?
    Why haven't more people upgraded to Premium for the invoker?
    Why are event boxes not selling like they used to?
    When can we start blaming Dreaven again for game lagging issues?

Questions that the GMs might be asking real soon:
    Why has the use of the invoker dropped off to almost nothing after moving it to FWI and asking for 10k per service?
    Why are the spell up pills not selling?
    Why haven't more people upgraded to Premium for the invoker?
    Why are event boxes not selling like they used to?
    When can we start blaming Dreaven again for game lagging issues?
    Then they'll be like, "Slowing down combat will fix this!"
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I never had a problem with invoker. It's like your typical older MMO "This is an old game, so we are going to make your leveling experience easier than it used to be, so you can catch up to everyone!" type system. Its use is much more limited at cap, because of spellburst/rift/spell sever.

It is sad they are trying to monetize it.

They could have kept the invoker at the park, still introduced the pills, but charged silvers for everyone to use.
    I agree, it comes across bit mean spirited.

Blog Entries

They created their own problem when they made the invoker (which I do love). It’s pretty obvious why they did the invoker but for some reason they thought that was the solution. Now they are going to take a free service they created it and gate it. The feedback won’t be positive. It would be one thing if it was always gated but when you take a years long free service and then gate it it’s going to piss people off.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    They created their own problem when they made the invoker (which I do love). It’s pretty obvious why they did the invoker but for some reason they thought that was the solution. Now they are going to take a free service they created it and gate it. The feedback won’t be positive. It would be one thing if it was always gated but when you take a years long free service and then gate it it’s going to piss people off.
    Seller: "Try this new thing called crack, it's fucking awesome!"

Buyer: "Ok, WOW! That is awesome"

Seller: "Buy my crack"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    This must be part of Simu's plan to bring "value" to Premium subs, which the whole "value" thing (I forgot their exact wording) was at the top of their priority list for the year.

Any other company I'd be like "wtf" but with Simu it's par for the course and one of the most Simu moves ever that some tard is patting himself on the back over.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-13-2024 at 01:02 PM.