Page 1584 of 1680 FirstFirst ... 58410841484153415741582158315841585158615941634 ... LastLast
Results 15,831 to 15,840 of 16791

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Last edited by Methais; 11-28-2023 at 02:20 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    https://www.epa.gov/air-research/wil...fects-research

"Wildland Fire Research: Health Effects Research"

"The effects of smoke from wildfires can range from eye and respiratory tract irritation to more serious disorders, including reduced lung function, bronchitis, exacerbation of asthma and heart failure, and premature death. Children, pregnant women, and the elderly are especially vulnerable to smoke exposure. Emissions from wildfires are known to cause increased visits to hospitals and clinics by those exposed to smoke."

There... I just saved those "researchers", and the taxpayers, a ton of money.

Question: Does "insert whatever noun here" smoke affect a person's health?
    Hypothesis: Possibly? We know about some "types" of "smoke" are bad for a person, but "other types" of "smoke" are possibly not as hazardous.

Burn a wildfire (ie. weed) in your house... of course we're not sure what the long term health effects could be...

It's like inquiring Google about instructions to install a screen door on a submarine... I do need some money first to fund my research to determine the possible detrimental effects.

And don't say "WELL THAT'S COMMON SENSE!"... without research we don't really know now, do we?

Morons.
    Luckily for us, you aren't in the sciences.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

https://www.epa.gov/air-research/wil...fects-research

"Wildland Fire Research: Health Effects Research"

"The effects of smoke from wildfires can range from eye and respiratory tract irritation to more serious disorders, including reduced lung function, bronchitis, exacerbation of asthma and heart failure, and premature death. Children, pregnant women, and the elderly are especially vulnerable to smoke exposure. Emissions from wildfires are known to cause increased visits to hospitals and clinics by those exposed to smoke."

There... I just saved those "researchers", and the taxpayers, a ton of money.

Question: Does "insert whatever noun here" smoke affect a person's health?
    Hypothesis: Possibly? We know about some "types" of "smoke" are bad for a person, but "other types" of "smoke" are possibly not as hazardous.

Burn a wildfire (ie. weed) in your house... of course we're not sure what the long term health effects could be...

It's like inquiring Google about instructions to install a screen door on a submarine... I do need some money first to fund my research to determine the possible detrimental effects.

And don't say "WELL THAT'S COMMON SENSE!"... without research we don't really know now, do we?

Morons.
    Your schtick (if you can even call it that, at this point) of giving the Left a dose of their own posting medicine has gotten pretty tiresome. You seem pretty unhinged and insufferable.
    Last edited by Arqueto; 11-28-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqueto View Post
    Your schtick (if you can even call it that, at this point) of giving the Left a dose of their own posting medicine has gotten pretty tiresome. You seem pretty unhinged and insufferable.
    A schtick is posting facts?

Calling people out on their stupidity is "tiresome"?

Giving the "Left" a dose of their own posting is "insufferable"?

Well sorry your "Leftist" psyche has feelings about it... I'm sure your emotional trauma and lack of resiliency will lead to great things for you, society, and the world as a whole.

I'll keep on doing what I'm doing, thinking what I'm thinking, and saying what I want... because, I care about facts over your "feelings"... and yes... I'm one of those that doesn't cower from insults tossed by people out of their fucking minds.

I mean if you want to keep supporting the killing of babies up to the moment of conception, destroy the foundational principles of a country that affords you the freedoms you enjoy, insult/denigrate and try to silence people who disagree with you... Then well, go find someone else.

Don't complain when someone shoves the shit you're producing back down your throat.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Shaps; 11-28-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Luckily for us, you aren't in the sciences.
    If I were in the sciences, I wouldn't be asking for tax payer funds (ie. your had earned money) for something as stupid as research for:

"Does smoke inhalation detrimentally affect a humans lungs?"

Not sure if you make your money, fleecing money from tax payers, for asinine research as the above... but let's hope you are not in the sciences.

BTW, if a private entity wants to fund said research... then by all means, that's great... but not tax payers.

Lastly... If I'd wanted to work in the sciences, I was offered a gig at DARPA once (for the record they waste a shit ton of tax payer money also - but I'll give credit where credit is due, they've created some bad ass shit for humanity)... turned it down because I enjoyed what I was doing. But hey, that was near 15 years ago and I don't keep up on current technical shit anymore.
    Last edited by Shaps; 11-28-2023 at 06:00 PM.

6. Default

A schtick is posting facts?

Calling people out on their stupidity is "tiresome"?

Giving the "Left" a dose of their own posting is "insufferable"?

Well sorry your "Leftist" psyche has feelings about it... I'm sure your emotional trauma and lack of resiliency will lead to great things for you, society, and the world as a whole.

I'll keep on doing what I'm doing, thinking what I'm thinking, and saying what I want... because, I care about facts over your "feelings".
    It's illuminating to see that your knee-jerk reaction to someone who thinks you seem unhinged/insufferable/a blast at a party is that they're a leftist.

I don't post often but it's pretty obvious to anyone that can read that I am not that. Keep on doing you, though.
    Last edited by Arqueto; 11-28-2023 at 05:53 PM.

It's illuminating to see that your knee-jerk reaction to someone who thinks you seem unhinged/insufferable/a blast at a party is that they're a leftist.

I don't post often but it's pretty obvious to anyone that can read that I am not that. Keep on doing you, though.
    Thanks, I will... and calling you out on your name calling bullshit is not a "knee-jerk reaction"... it's a response to your insults.

Just because I won't let you insult me without saying something, doesn't make me insufferable... it makes you a narcissistic jackass that probably treats people in their daily lives the same way.

It's sad that people in your life don't stand up to you and point out the obvious character flaw you are presenting... when you start shouting down someone with insults... and think that "you won" because they kept their mouth shut and didn't reply.

You might want to retain the policy of not "posting often".

And for the record... you could be a "leftist" or "far-right"... there are jackasses on both sides... either way, you wanted to insult someone... thus you get a response.

PS.. I never really do it, because you're not so active that I recall your name.. but you seem pretty level headed in many of your responses.. why you chose this hill to die on baffles me, but perhaps (and I'm only surmising) you've just given up? Perhaps the insanity of the morons with the loudest voices ruining the day for average folks, has finally worn you down?

I'm not sure, but when sane, rational, and pragmatic people stay silent, don't respond, and utilize the same insane logic against the segment of society trying to destroy a foundational Republic founded on the ideals of the individual over the State... then that's when we're all toast. So you can think I'm whatever you want... but my reasoning, my tactics, and my approach to the "morons" as I call them is done with constructed intentions.

Go back to being sane.
    Last edited by Shaps; 11-28-2023 at 06:18 PM.

8. Default

Thanks, I will... and calling you out on your name calling bullshit is not a "knee-jerk reaction"... it's a response to your insults.

Just because I won't let you insult me without saying something, doesn't make me insufferable... it makes you a narcissistic jackass that probably treats people in their daily lives the same way.

It's sad that people in your life don't stand up to you and point out the obvious character flaw you are presenting... when you start shouting down someone with insults... and think that "you won" because they kept their mouth shut and didn't reply.

You might want to retain the policy of not "posting often".
    Speaking of unhinged and insufferable and a blast at parties... See what I mean?

(Anxiously awaiting your reply in a wall of mostly-nonsensical text with a bunch of links no one reads where you use the phrase "fucking moron" like 80% of your posts. Don't disappoint me. Thanks!)

Speaking of unhinged and insufferable and a blast at parties... See what I mean?

(Anxiously awaiting your reply in a wall of mostly-nonsensical text with a bunch of links no one reads where you use the phrase "fucking moron" like 80% of your posts. Don't disappoint me. Thanks!)
    Well you responded to fast, as yes my brain works fast and many thoughts are hard to type cohesively (vs. a verbal conversation)...

But you think I'd party with people that are fucking morons? Hell no. I like to have fun at parties. Why the fuck would I subject myself to insane people that think they can shout someone down, call people names, ostracize people, think they're "above" others... when they can't even fucking manage their lives, let alone the lives of everyone else. Sorry if you're surrounded by people like that, but fuck... that sucks for you.

I'm only insufferable to those that think they can be insufferable to others. I relish in it actually. Mistreat someone, we don't need to fight physically... I'll just annoy the living fuck out of them to feel the pain they cause others.

Now stop making me think you're actually one of those insufferable jackasses.

BTW: I only post facts. Not my problem if 1. You don't read it 2. No one else reads it 3. People think it's non-sensical 4. Submit a reply to said text when you've done 1-3.

Fucking morons will fucking moron, what can I say.
    Last edited by Shaps; 11-28-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Also... calling someone a "moron" is not an insult, it's an observation. Going to post some "facts" (which you really seem to enjoy):

mo·ron
    /ˈmôˌrän/
    noun
    a stupid person.
    "we can't let these thoughtless morons get away with mindless vandalism every weekend"
    ARCHAIC
    a person of low intelligence.

Now that's from the dictionary... don't blame me if you don't read it... as I said morons will moron... but here's to hoping you understand.

Granted, when I say "fucking morons"... I might be tossing in a slight insult, but just a slight one.
    Last edited by Shaps; 11-28-2023 at 06:38 PM.