Page 651 of 765 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661701751 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 7646

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Ex-WWE champ Stan Lane takes second DNA test to prove he's not Congresswoman Lauren Boebert's father

So this week in the office, our break room no longer has disposable paper coffee cups.

A little sign appeared this morning next to the coffee machine that says (paraphrasing): You asked, we listened. As part of our environmental sustainability initiative we will no longer store paper cups. Employees are welcome to bring their own coffee mug into the workplace. This reduces our paper waste by XXX annually.

I have a few problems with this:

1) Who the fuck asked for this besides maybe a few ignorant bastard GenZ fucks here on a summer internship? Don’t lie and make it sound like this was our idea.

2) I don’t think they thought this whole saving the environment through. Now we have to clean our cups. That requires water waste, energy to heat hot water, dish soap, and paper towels supplied to dry them. In addition, now employees are spending valuable time washing their cups instead of working.

3) This isn’t about saving the whales or shit like that. They are just using that as an excuse to cut costs of supplying paper cups and be cheap bastards.

Well fuck that and fuck them. Tonight on my way home I’m going to stop by Costco and purchase a mega pack of disposable cups to keep in my work locker. Hell I may just get the styrofoam ones out of spite.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 06-13-2023 at 11:47 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    So this week in the office, our break room no longer has disposable paper coffee cups.

A little sign appeared this morning next to the coffee machine that says (paraphrasing): You asked, we listened. As part of our environmental sustainability initiative we will no longer store paper cups. Employees are welcome to bring their own coffee mug into the workplace. This reduces our paper waste by XXX annually.

I have a few problems with this:

1) Who the fuck asked for this besides maybe a few ignorant bastard GenZ fucks here on a summer internship? Don’t lie and make it sound like this was our idea.

2) I don’t think they thought this whole saving the environment through. Now we have to clean our cups. That requires water waste, energy to heat hot water, dish soap, and paper towels supplied to dry them. In addition, now employees are spending valuable time washing their cups instead of working.

3) This isn’t about saving the whales or shit like that. They are just using that as an excuse to cut costs of supplying paper cups and be cheap bastards.

Well fuck that and fuck them. Tonight on my way home I’m going to stop by Costco and purchase a mega pack of disposable cups to keep in my work locker. Hell I may just get the styrofoam ones out of spite.

Seems like an overreaction. I mean, how long does it take you to wash your coffee mug? And it's not that big an imposition is it, to have to wash a mug and keep it at your desk? I'd rather rage about all the dumb PRIDE shit my company does for the very few people who care about it.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Seems like an overreaction. I mean, how long does it take you to wash your coffee mug? And it's not that big an imposition is it, to have to wash a mug and keep it at your desk? I'd rather rage about all the dumb PRIDE shit my company does for the very few people who care about it.
    If the company wants to just provide mugs, that's one thing, but I don't like having my personal stuff at work. Too many stupid fucking people with sticky fingers. Maybe that's just me, but I get triggered if my stuff gets fucked with.

Thankfully I don't drink coffee and the only thing I bring to work from home is my lunch bag that stays next to me all day. I won't put my stuff in the community fridge, I've had too much stuff taken in the past as people have stolen my lunch or items from it even though it's labeled with my name.
    Last edited by drumpel; 06-13-2023 at 12:34 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    If the company wants to just provide mugs, that's one thing, but I don't like having my personal stuff at work. Too many stupid fucking people with sticky fingers. Maybe that's just me, but I get triggered if my stuff gets fucked with.

Thankfully I don't drink coffee and the only thing I bring to work from home is my lunch bag that stays next to me all day. I won't put my stuff in the community fridge, I've had too much stuff taken in the past as people have stolen my lunch or items from it even though it's labeled with my name.
    Maybe the company should just stop providing coffee and save more money. I also don't leave things in the breakroom, but I do have a coffee mug and bring my own food in (and leave at my desk). I mean a few hours before lunch ain't gonna ruin what I'm bringing in for lunch.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Oh I’m most definitely overreacting. Problem is, and yeah feel free to judge me as the asshole I know I am, expending my time & effort to wash coffee cups at work is beneath me.

Edit: The part that ticked me off the most was the you asked for it & we listened. I don’t like being fed BS.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 06-13-2023 at 01:03 PM.

Maybe the company should just stop providing coffee and save more money. I also don't leave things in the breakroom, but I do have a coffee mug and bring my own food in (and leave at my desk). I mean a few hours before lunch ain't gonna ruin what I'm bringing in for lunch.
    They won’t get rid of coffee all together because having it available increases employee productivity. If they could legally inject Adderrall into my bloodstream as soon as I walked into the office, they totally would.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Edit: The part that ticked me off the most was the you asked for it & we listened. I don’t like being fed BS.
    I believe at least one person asked for it. That's the world today though, we manage to the lowest common denominator, instead of intellectually. Sad really.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

I believe at least one person asked for it. That's the world today though, we manage to the lowest common denominator, instead of intellectually. Sad really.
    Facts.

The company I work for has roughly 290,000 US employees. That one employee deserves an ass-whooping from the other 289,999.