Thread: Democrat Justices for Hire - SCOTUS

Default Democrat Justices for Hire - SCOTUS

This is a blatant attack on our democracy.

Bribery in plain sight!

Retired Justice Stephen Breyer, who served on the high court from 1994 to 2022, had been identified as maintaining close ties to the wealthy Chicago-based Pritzker family.

OpenSecrets reported that from 2004 to 2018, Breyer took more trips than any other Supreme Court justice (219). The Pritzker family, known for their generous contributions to Democratic causes, supported many of the trips.

Breyer's Pritzker-backed trips included two related to his post as a juror for the Pritzker Prize for Architecture, which honors architects yearly, OpenSecrets reported. Breyer became a juror for the group in 2011 before becoming its chair in 2018.
    Breyer has spoken at numerous events held by law firms that handle cases before the Supreme Court. He has also taken part in cases where financial interests were close to home.

In 2015, PBS reported that he had heard arguments in a case as his wife owned $33,000 of a company's stock in the dispute. In 2019, Breyer did not recuse himself from a United Technologies case, even though he owned stock in the company, according to Bloomberg.
    Between 2004 and 2018, Justices reported 1,306 trips that others had reimbursed, according to the OpenSecrets report

Liberal justices, meanwhile, have also omitted several trips and other potential conflicts.
    Justice Sotomayor secured lodging for a group of friends at a boutique hotel in Rhode Island for her University of Rhode Island commencement speech in 2016. According to the ABA Journal, she failed to include reimbursements from the university in her disclosure forms for several years.

Watchdog group Fix the Court also discovered in 2022 that Sotomayor had failed to disclose six visits to public universities in her 2016 financial disclosure.

Justice Elena Kagan refused to step away from issues she had previously worked on. Kagan declined to distance herself from ruling on Obamacare despite her past position as the solicitor general, where she gave legal advice. Many questioned whether she could make an impartial decision.
    A handful of justices also did not recuse themselves from cases involving their book publishing company, Penguin Random House, including liberal Justices Breyer and Sotomayor.... Sotomayor has received $3 million from the company, making it by far her most significant source of income, the Daily Wire reported.
    These Democrat justices need to be impeached and replaced by the next Republican president to ensure our democracy survives.

In before "That's d-d-d-d-d-different!!!!!"
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Damn it's almost as if the two party system is shitty and needs to be dismantled! It's almost as if both parties' interest is actually enriching themselves and their friends rather than the good of the people! SHOCKING!!!

The key part of the article is that all of hyperventilating about Democrats was listed in their disclosure reports, as detailed by the quoted source in the article. Meanwhile the header of the article points out that both conservative justices Thomas and Gorsuch were both caught raking in undisclosed gifts and major financial transactions. Nice try though, next time read the article Dreaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Flap View Post
    Damn it's almost as if the two party system is shitty and needs to be dismantled! It's almost as if both parties' interest is actually enriching themselves and their friends rather than the good of the people! SHOCKING!!!
    No. According to Seran, republicans are evil incarnate and democrats are everything that is pure and good with no exceptions.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    What is really funny about the Faux Nudes article is it states ... Meanwhile the cited Democrats all publicly disclosed their positions.
    What's really funny is the article says no such thing.

Here is the closest thing I could find to this misinformation you are spewing out of your ass.

But Democrats remained quiet throughout the years when reports surfaced on Supreme Court justices concerning their potential conflicts, including proximity to Democratic mega-donors, omitting trips and reimbursements, failing to recuse themselves from cases involving companies in which they had financial stakes and cases concerning issues they had worked on in the past.
    Are you so blatantly fucking stupid that you think "omits" means "documented"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Are you so blatantly fucking stupid that you think "omits" means "documented"?
    The worst part is this is probably really the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Two liberal justices received gifts and travel and disclosed it. This is following federal law.
    Why does Seran keep repeating this lie that the Democrat justices disclosed all of this information? Certainly not in the article I linked and I haven't seen a link from here suggesting what he is lying about here.

Also notice how his stance has changed from "OMG! Received gifts from a friend! BRIBERY! JUSTICES FOR HIRE!!!!"

But as soon as it comes out that the Democrat justices have also received lavish gifts (well it didn't "just come out", this has been known for a while, but I digress) suddenly it's "It's okay that justices receive lavish gifts! Just as long as they follow the law and disclose them!"

But here is the other lie Seran is omitting (I have to use that word now since Seran apparently didn't know what it meant until I told him in my last post); justices aren't required to disclose vacations and lodging from friends, which was the biggest "Gotcha!" the Democrats thought they had on Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Why does Seran keep repeating this lie that the Democrat justices disclosed all of this information? Certainly not in the article I linked and I haven't seen a link from here suggesting what he is lying about here.

Also notice how his stance has changed from "OMG! Received gifts from a friend! BRIBERY! JUSTICES FOR HIRE!!!!"

But as soon as it comes out that the Democrat justices have also received lavish gifts (well it didn't "just come out", this has been known for a while, but I digress) suddenly it's "It's okay that justices receive lavish gifts! Just as long as they follow the law and disclose them!"

But here is the other lie Seran is omitting (I have to use that word now since Seran apparently didn't know what it meant until I told him in my last post); justices aren't required to disclose vacations and lodging from friends, which was the biggest "Gotcha!" the Democrats thought they had on Thomas.
    The answer to any and every "Why does Seran..." question is "Because he's a brain dead NPC."

He has no thoughts of his own. He literally just repeats what he's told to think by the mentally ill left without question.

Last edited by Methais; 05-05-2023 at 03:24 PM.