Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin shooting

Days after the shooting, which also wounded the director of “Rust,” Joel Souza, investigators interviewed one of the movie’s actors, Jensen Ackles, who told them that he does inspect his guns on set himself.

“I just always do my own personal checks because it’s a smart thing to do,” Mr. Ackles told the police, according to footage of the interview. But he noted that he did not expect his peers to do the same, telling the detectives that if actors were the final line of defense in the safety of a movie set then he “wouldn’t trust 99.9 percent of the people I work with.”

More...
    I bet Mr. Ackles wishes he had kept his mouth shut. Now they'll surely call him as a witness at the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I've already said that if Baldwin had checked the gun and if he was able to distinguish blanks from real bullets, then the accident would not have happened. I do not accept the premise of your question that the number one rule of gun safety is to assume that a gun is loaded. I think the number one rule of gun safety is not to point a gun at another person, but that rule would not work in Westerns, would it?
    Let's spend 30 second and ask the internet:

TLDR: It depends who you ask, but they go hand in hand. Though I can safely say that pointing a gun that you've already verified isn't loaded is usually going to be much "safer" than doing much of anything with a loaded gun.

Regardless of the order of rules 1 and 2, Baldwin also violated rule #3. He's just lying about it. He failed it up on 4 and 5 too.

Dick Cheney.
    I was almost going to put an asterisk for Cheney, but then I remembered that I said "real hunters." I apologize for giving you too much credit.

I think the number one rule of gun safety is not to point a gun at another person, but that rule would not work in Westerns
    I agree with you that Baldwin is so stupid that he shouldn't be handling a weapon under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-23-2023 at 01:34 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I do not accept the premise of your question that the number one rule of gun safety is to assume that a gun is loaded.
    The #1 rule on this forum is: you're a fucking retard.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The 4 gun safety commandments I was taught and most widely accepted:

1) Treat every gun you come in contact with like it is loaded.
    2) Never out your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
    3) Never point the muzzle at anything you don’t want to destroy.
    4) Know your target and what is beyond it. (Positive ID)

There are other good rules that are more situational, but these are the basics. My 8 year old girls can recite you these rules.

So yes as an actor I do see how #3 has to be circumvented sometimes in a controlled environment to make movies. There should be multiple checks by both the armorer & actor during such times to make certain the firearm does not contain live lethal ammunition. I’m hazy on all the details of the shooting, but as I understand it they weren’t live filming at the moment the firearm was discharged. It seems there is sufficient evidence for a trial of involuntary manslaughter as all four safety rules were violated. Having an armorer on set doesn’t negate the personal responsibility of Mr. Baldwin to act in a reasonably responsible way. We’ll see how this case plays out.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 01-23-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    The 4 gun safety commandments I was taught and most widely accepted:

1) Treat every gun you come in contact with like it is loaded.
    2) Never out your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
    3) Never point the muzzle at anything you don’t want to destroy.
    4) Know your target and what is beyond it. (Positive ID)

There are other good rules that are more situational, but these are the basics. My 8 year old girls can recite you these rules.

So yes as an actor I do see how #3 has to be circumvented sometimes in a controlled environment to make movies. There should be multiple checks by both the armorer & actor during such times to make certain the firearm does not contain live lethal ammunition. I’m hazy on all the details of the shooting, but as I understand it they weren’t live filming at the moment the firearm was discharged. It seems there is sufficient evidence for a trial of involuntary manslaughter as all four safety rules were violated. Having an armorer on set doesn’t negate the personal responsibility of Mr. Baldwin to act in a reasonably responsible way. We’ll see how this case plays out.
    Here is my guess as to what happened.

Considering there was live ammo on the set and there should never be live ammo on the set. I'm guessing that they were shooting the guns during down time and the live rounds never got cleared. There was probably drugs and alcohol involved.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Interesting interview with Bob Dylan and Santana from 1993:

Interviewer: Do you think the availability of guns is a problem?

Dylan: I don't think there are enough guns.

@ 11:40

Bob Dylan, the true anti-fascist.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

Considering there was live ammo on the set and there should never be live ammo on the set. I'm guessing that they were shooting the guns during down time and the live rounds never got cleared. There was probably drugs and alcohol involved.
    interesting hypothesis. I think this fact pattern would bring this into the manslaughter realm. Outside of that, kinda a tough sell overall. wonder what will come out

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

That's a good hypothesis.

I still want to know/hear more, about all the other live rounds found on set. For some reason that detail just gets overlooked by the media for some reason.

Maybe don't hire set armorers like this who have gotten into trouble on other sets?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

Maybe don't hire set armorers like this who have gotten into trouble on other sets?
    Jesus Christ
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible