Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: First Thing You See On LNet When Logging In

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BJARN View Post
    Teveriel has 86,702,508 fame.

Better hunt in gemstone instead of having cyber sex then
    In Gemstone, real fame is gained through cyber.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

2. Default

Thanks Tgo for the real log so I could decide for myself. Yeah, it's a huge bad look on the GMs and the people who so quickly dismissed Bjarns concerns. Im just really saddened at the arrogance and patronizing by them, we can't have just gone my bad, it will be fixed by close of business and be done? We had to resort to mocking a fellow player? Resort to LOL WELL HE HASNT COMPLAINED HERE YET SO HURR DURR WE NOT GONNA DO NOTHIN. I guarantee if I made a Casill, Kikii, Teveriell, or Thandiwee, I would be badnamed into oblivion. I understand these GMs are volunteer but their response could have been much better and the people snobbing on Bjarn should just take a second and reflect on how they would feel in that situation

Blog Entries

a new discord policy.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I name myself the Dallas Cowboys, and you put up a shop that you are an affiliate of my name. I'd be pissed too.. not surprised something like that happened cause there are no more cool names in gemstone.
    There's plenty of good names left, don't ask me how I recently discovered this, but there are plenty of them.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

5. Default

TLR Players with stockholm syndrome dogpiling another customer for having a valid concern and receiving the worst customer service on earth? It's gotta be Gemstone IV.

The logs still don't give the full context because GMs went back and deleted various comments to sanitize the discussion and make themselves look better. And they still came off as dismissive and flippant.

It would've been such an easy and reasonable fix to change the name to LITERALLY anything else that ended with -arn, say "Sorry we should use NAMECHECK from now on, you're right" and make everyone happy. Instead they went with the most "fuck you" option possible and said SHOW YOURSELF COWARD BJARN IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE then OH LOL I GUESS I'LL JUST ADD AN EXTRA N TO THE NAME.

Oh and they also lied about having reached out to Bjarn, like what the actual fuck? Why be this lazy and bad when the fix is so easy and not even ego-bruising?

Throughout all this, HouseofSimp and the others in the knitting circle/vaalor cybersex club were mocking everyone saying that the concern was legitimate and the GMs were either joining in the mockery or not saying shit.

In the end I think this may have been a tipping point for Discord. It definitely wasn't the only factor(see Naijin being run off by whiny bitches) but not long after the incident we got this announcement from Wyrom in the General channel:

We will be changing how we interact with Discord RSN. We've talked about it in various channels at this point, but we will be consolidating the channels quite a bit and making more use of the forums. Channels are mostly going to be used by players as a way to communicate among yourselves with limited staff response. Staff may still talk on channels, but we are trying to move all pertinent information to the forums feature on Discord and make sure things are properly announced. We don't want everything just buried in a channel somewhere.

With that said, staff on unofficial Discord servers will be a bit more limited on their responses as well. In an effort to make sure the information shared is available to all our players, announcements will be here on the official Discord. Other servers can follow the announcement channels to get that information over there. GameMasters can still remain on other unofficial servers as guests, but they will need to place all pertinent information on the official Discord server.
    Which, first off, whewwww why are GM's even IN private discords with their same(official Simutronics) accounts AT ALL??

But I think this is a good and needed change for the mental health and stress levels of the GM's. They never should have been so accessible in Discord, at least not the ones that make actual coding and content for the game. Customer relations is a wholeass skillset on its own and Discord should have only have contained official responses from from dedicated employees that were chosen for that skillset.

It's good to see Peam landed in that discord so he could still play the victim and tell everyone how he has no control over his fee fees.

Peam
    Gosh, sorry for bringing up a legitimate concern and being upset when it's handwaved away and then dealt with in the most dismissive manner possible.

I'll leave y'all to your echo chamber.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

9. Default

Teveriel has 86,702,508 fame.

Better hunt in gemstone instead of having cyber sex then
    lmao

10. Default

When I first brought this up yesterday I 100% thought the GM would wake up, see it, go "oh shit" and change it to like, Fjarn's Yarn Barn, how fuckin easy would that be? But no, they added a single 'n' and were like 'there it's fixed' and even as a dumb shitposting asshole I was somewhat flabbergasted of how useless and condescending of a response that was to an easily fixable situation