Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China Bans Sissies from Teevee

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    You're looking at it as only a layer deep - just my opinion from your comments. This is not about a specific individual (though we both use individuals as examples), it is about a Nations mentality... the underlying zeitgeist if you will.

Your and my examples from the US/Western expansion of the arts, media, corporations, goods and services, etc. defined the world post WW2. If you remember the Marshall Plan, Hollywood movies of all decades, music/tv, the airplane, automobiles (ie. the Mustang), Coca-Cola (voice of a generation), We Are the World, Live Aid, etc. etc. etc... That zeitgeist defined who America was and therefore influenced the world... because of the traditional "macho"/"cowboy"/"renegade"/"rebel" imagine... BUT also to your point, the freedom for people of other lifestyles (as you mention)....

That is in America. Pride in one's Nation is not a bad thing, but it is being sold as if it is here in the US. Everyone around the world should be proud of where they come from, their peoples, their traditions, etc.. it's okay. But the trend to denigrate that notion has been in the works for many years here in the States.

Places like China, Russia, etc.. after WW2 had their "zeitgeist" damaged. They had their asses handed to them. They did not have the same economic boom that the US did. They did not have the same freedoms (ie. your examples). They lived much more austere lives than compared to the US. That lingers in the "zeitgeist".

2 generations have passed and the third is coming up. That transition away from that mentality for those countries is occurring, as people in the US are shifting to hate their own country (for some fucked up reason)... it is happening. I don't mean to an individual, I mean the underlying "feel".

Maybe "manning up" and "pussies" are to general of a term to define what I'm talking about.. but it's the most bar friendly terminology without dissecting it further.

It's about self-reliance, fortitude, relishing challenges, etc... not participation trophies, safe spaces, and unicorns.

China is trying to force that mentality of National Pride - The US had it develop through it's peoples independence. One is the right way, one the wrong... but either way... the united brothers and sisters will prevail when an underlying pride in their fellow citizen is had. The US (IMO) has lost that - not specific individuals, but the institutions/laws/regulations/and freedoms that support the individual are being eroded.. which in turn leads to the loss, etc.

Shit we could talk for hours on the nuances of it, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.
    I get what you are saying.. and you are right.. the US is going in the opposite direction.

We're letting the gigantic flapping pussies of the country dictate behavior.

But it's all cyclical.

Reminds me of a saying I heard: “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I get what you are saying.. and you are right.. the US is going in the opposite direction.

We're letting the gigantic flapping pussies of the country dictate behavior.

But it's all cyclical.

Reminds me of a saying I heard: “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”
    It essentially falls between 3-4 generations from prosperity to shit.

1st Generation fights for the rights/ability to earn/freedom (1900 or so)
    2nd Generation builds society based upon those rights (1940 or so)
    3rd Generation benefits from what was built and expands/refines/improves (1980 or so)
    4th Generation has forgotten what it took to achieve the rights/ability to earn/freedom and fuck it all up (2020 or so)

Circle back to 1st Generation again.

Sometimes you get lucky and it lasts a bit longer, others it doesn't.
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-09-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Lol.. just what we were talking about. Right on que... https://www.yahoo.com/news/empires-e...100930966.html

One you sob's aren't this byline writer are you? Snagging my ideas or what?? (just send me a small recompense!)

Edit: Just had a funny thought hop in my head... Samurai in the US nowadays would be ridiculed or labeled toxic masculinity I think. Just makes me chuckle.
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-10-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    On this idea.. I saw a news piece the other day.. A football or basketball? coach had taken his team for a team building exercise to a local chef school for a day of learning to cook, prep food, etc.

Overall a really cool story and was fun to watch the teenagers reactions.

On the surface it's a really, really cool story. But, to a person... when asked... every teenager on that team said they'd never cooked their own meal before. Made a sandwich or something sure.. but not actually cooked.

When you have 20+ teenagers from all backgrounds that had never cooked once in their life... it's eye-opening.
    Not much has changed here, it has just gone over to women as well.

It goes to many things.. change a tire, wire a lightbulb, change the oil, run a lawnmower, iron their clothes, cook their food, etc. What people today do as "Lifeskill coaches" for 20 somethings that have no fucking clue how to write a check, open a bank account, do math in their head, etc.
    I have long thought that many of these things should be taught in school. Things like doing taxes, managing credit, etc.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Not much has changed here, it has just gone over to women as well.

I have long thought that many of these things should be taught in school. Things like doing taxes, managing credit, etc.
    Battletoads is the real test we should be using on today's youth.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible