Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

Remember when Naos was like "Just play how you normally play and you'll max out fine." before this nerf though?

I'd say I wish they'd work on other stuff like fixing our trash spells, but they'll probably just make them even worse than they already are, which wouldn't be possible with anyone besides this current crew of dev tards.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Huh. It's not often that I am in-game more than 6-8 hours a week.

I guess the changes make slightly more sense for a certain design paradigm, but it throws the more casual players completely under the bus.
    One thing that Estild just point out is that there is offline conversion. If you hunt to fried, log off, you will log back in with 800 essence from that single hunt assuming you were logged off long enough for your mind to bell.

10:33 AM]Estild:The offline conversion is pretty nice. At cap with a mana pool of 300, you can easily just perform one hunt, log off for ~10 hours, then gain 800 essence when you log back in.
    This should help more casual players IMO. I don't think they expect players to cap their essence every single week if they're casual. I suppose sorcerers abusing the group mechanics can be "casual" and cap if they play once a week with a group farming Reim for a few hours, but it's the same premise. You gotta hunt a while to get the max benefits.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-19-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Offline exp absorb goes a long way over time, so adding offline essence conversion is a nice get. If you can make the time daily to fry/saturate each of your characters and then log off, you're going to make some progress. So that is a positive addition to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Offline exp absorb goes a long way over time, so adding offline essence conversion is a nice get. If you can make the time daily to fry/saturate each of your characters and then log off, you're going to make some progress. So that is a positive addition to the system.
    Yup, just keep in mind you'll have to actually hunt critters within your level range instead of using other mechanics to get XP. That's the only downside to the casual "pocket" wizard. But it's something.

According to Naos they also updated it so that off-node simply reduces the absorption rate, you don't lose anything.

+1 for customer feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    According to Naos they also updated it so that off-node simply reduces the absorption rate, you don't lose anything.

+1 for customer feedback?
    Yup! I mean, it's still a bit slower than before, but not so dramatically that people should be rage quitting. I get those pocket wizards who don't want to pay for a character that can no longer perform a critical function, but regular wizards who hunt aren't getting massively shafted.

With the offline absorb of essence, the fact that you retain all your essence instead of losing 50% - just absorb 50% slower off-node (partially mitigated by water lore), and the lower barrier for young leveling wizards, I actually think player enchanting will be more accessible than it was previously.

Before you were allowed 1 major project for weeks on weeks. It would be hard to find a wizard willing to commit to a project. Now you can get a quick +1 whenever you want, basically, and build up your item as fast or gradually without losing access to the item. Plus, there's tons more that can be enchanted compared to old-style. Finally, capped wizards have an easy revenue source if they prefer to sell the essence vs using it on their own equipment.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-19-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Yup! I mean, it's still a bit slower than before, but not so dramatically that people should be rage quitting. I get those pocket wizards who don't want to pay for a character that can no longer perform a critical function, but regular wizards who hunt aren't getting massively shafted.

With the offline absorb of essence, the fact that you retain all your essence instead of losing 50% - just absorb 50% slower off-node (partially mitigated by water lore), and the lower barrier for young leveling wizards, I actually think player enchanting will be more accessible than it was previously.

Before you were allowed 1 major project for weeks on weeks. It would be hard to find a wizard willing to commit to a project. Now you can get a quick +1 whenever you want, basically, and build up your item as fast or gradually without losing access to the item. Plus, there's tons more that can be enchanted compared to old-style. Finally, capped wizards have an easy revenue source if they prefer to sell the essence vs using it on their own equipment.
    Sooo.. Wizards are just bitching for nothing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    How can you say that when we explained 10 times the impact of the change.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

There are definitely some over-exaggerated complaints. People like Sarai have valid complaints. They used old-style enchanting to do 0x-4x for free for new players. That's no longer possible. It takes 19,000 essence to take something from 0x-4x now.

I suspect a lot of wizards had worked out a "system" where they could max their essence in the time it took to complete their lumnis. That's probably not possible anymore. However, feedback was received and some of the issues with the new formula have been addressed.

You don't lose 50% of your static anymore while off-node. You just absorb it 50% slower than when on-node (with 0 water lore, get some water lore and you will absorb more while off-node).
    You don't lose any static while offline, it gets absorbed and converted to essence.

People seem obsessed with maxing essence every week in the shortest amount of time, so yeah there are valid complaints that this hurt wizard efficiency overall for capped wizards who could max their essence much faster in the previous incarnation of new-style 925. That doesn't really change the fact that it's a net positive for the entire wizard community, and the vocal minority should probably learn how to optimize with the new system now that it's rolled out.

Said bitching got results.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    People seem obsessed with maxing essence every week in the shortest amount of time
    People got shit to do!

Especially people who like to log in their other characters.

Glad Naos pulled his head out of his ass with the node thing though. That was the dumbest part about this whole thing.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-19-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible