Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

I haven't had time to fully test it, but this new formula is going to make everyone take longer to max essence. They should have just been honest from the start, we want to slow down gains.

So I’m a dum with mechanics. Someone just explain to me if this change makes it harder or easier to enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    So I’m a dum with mechanics. Someone just explain to me if this change makes it harder or easier to enchant?
    Just go warm your hot body beach body with tanning since you're in your 20s in order to date rich kids that looks like tom cruise bro.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post

No changes to enchant difficulty. Just makes it harder to get the energy (at cap). For lower levels, it seems to have improved the essence generation, which is a net positive since it was virtually impossible to cap your energy at lower levels before (or so I have been told).

Seems like a minor change for my wizards, but I'm sure there were some folks that could cap their weekly essence in under 4 hours. Now they're looking at more like 8 hours. It used to take me around 8-10 hours, now it's taking me around 12-14 hours.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-18-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    No changes to enchant difficulty.
    Yet. That cluster is happening next, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DivePirate View Post
    Its not worth my time. I got less than 24 hours till my account goes inactive then I dont have to deal with this until they make some sort of change to enchanting that wizards will approve of. When that happens ill come back sell and profit.
    Ill probably just keep my Paladin Neelin when I want to come back and harass you all with his awesome FU gauntlets. Heh
    Make sure to goatse the forums 2 minute before your account goes down.

For America.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    I haven't had time to fully test it, but this new formula is going to make everyone take longer to max essence. They should have just been honest from the start, we want to slow down gains.
    Early reports from lower level wizards seem to indicate that it sped up essence gathering times for them. I think this is due to the removal on heavy lore, HP and EMC training, so lower level wizards have less barrier to entry into earning essence. Basically, it normalizes the formula across the level gaps, so higher level (capped and way post-capped) wizards are going to take more time (seems like 6-8 hours minimum, and up to 12-14 hours for your normal bounty hunter). While lower level wizards are going to take less time (seems to be around 15 hours for a lowbie wizard to cap essence).

Sucks for capped wizards, but in the end, makes enchanting more accessible for the "majority" of the wizard population since that consists mostly of un-capped wizards.

I honestly don't feel like I am suffering with the changes. I capped my essence 1 day after getting my Lumnis reset, just like I did previously. I had to hunt for 3-4 hours longer than my sorcerer hunts on a warmage to cap essence.

There's a lot of unnecessary whining going around. The only major problem with the new formula, in my opinion, is reducing your pulse by 50% while off-node. Otherwise, it still works out to be favorable for the majority of players (non-capped wizards).

It would be nice if they offered some kind of consolation for the non-hunting wizards, but they didn't help Bards in that regard, so I can't expect them to bother with helping wizards with a substantially more powerful ability.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I honestly don't feel like I am suffering with the changes. I capped my essence 1 day after getting my Lumnis reset, just like I did previously. I had to hunt for 3-4 hours longer than my sorcerer hunts on a warmage to cap essence.
    3-4 hours more? Within one day? Just how many hours were you hunting within one day of your lumnis reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    3-4 hours more? Within one day? Just how many hours were you hunting within one day of your lumnis reset?
    My lumnis resets on Sundays, so I probably hunted between 6-8 hours that day. Then on Monday I did another hunting session for a few hours.

I'm also not hunting to max essence. During lumnis, I hunt bounties until they are complete and I only go after my bounty target, so ignoring everything else I could kill in the area. After lumnis completes, I expand what I kill and go just kill everything in sight. Doing this, I capped my essence in about 10-12 hours of hunting.

My sorcerer, who has the same lumnis schedule, capped his necro energy on Sunday after about 8 hours of hunting in the same fashion.

Huh. It's not often that I am in-game more than 6-8 hours a week.

I guess the changes make slightly more sense for a certain design paradigm, but it throws the more casual players completely under the bus.