Page 199 of 291 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think they are voting regardless. I imagine the Dems want it to vote with an incompletel investigation, because that might make a couple Republicans vote against Kavanaugh, because other wise, he is going to be confirmed.
    I expect him to be confirmed too. I think what the dems want is for him to withdraw but I don't see that happening. One week is like a year anymore and after the Friday handshake agreement both sides are back at the political maneuvering.

I also saw Grassley asking the FBI to investigate the fake claims made against Kavanaugh. That's good and I hope they nail some folks over it. They should also interview Avenatti's client but WH won't allow it. That should enrage everyone but I know it won't.
    Last edited by cwolff; 09-30-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You lie.
    Your avatar is basically rape.

Reported.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Your avatar is basically rape.

Reported.
    Double reported.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...naugh-is-lying

This is a LONG article about Kavanaugh lying and dissembling before the Senate committee under oath. As an American it's difficult to read this and the included transcripts and not get pissed off. He is on the horns of a dilemma and I understand that. Either tell the truth and be disqualified because of his past behavior or lie and be disqualified for lying. He chose to grandstand, lie and fight back with any tool at hand i.e.; Clintons, liberal groups and other perceived enemies while also attacking and sneering at the Senators who were there to ask him questions. How can one rule on the law after displaying such a lack of respect for the legislature?

There is no way to read this and think to yourself, "Ya, this guy should definintely be on the U.S. Supreme Court."

Take this exchange for example:

WHITEHOUSE: So the vomiting that you reference in the Ralph Club reference, related to the consumption of alcohol?

KAVANAUGH: Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off.

or this one:

KLOBUCHAR: OK. Drinking is one thing, but the concern is about truthfulness, and in your written testimony, you said sometimes you had too many drinks. Was there ever a time when you drank so much that you couldn’t remember what happened, or part of what happened the night before?

KAVANAUGH: No, I — no. I remember what happened, and I think you’ve probably had beers, Senator, and — and so I…

KLOBUCHAR: So you’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before, or part of what happened.

KAVANAUGH: It’s — you’re asking about, you know, blackout. I don’t know. Have you?

KLOBUCHAR: Could you answer the question, Judge? I just — so you — that’s not happened. Is that your answer?

KAVANAUGH: Yeah, and I’m curious if you have.

Or this one where he flat out lies:

BLUMENTHAL: [In law, there’s a Latin phrase that means] ‘false in one thing, false in everything.’ Meaning in jury instructions that [prosecutors tell] the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing. So the core of why we’re here today really is credibility. Let me talk…

KAVANAUGH: But the core of why we’re here is an allegation for which the four witnesses present have all said it didn’t happen.
    Last edited by cwolff; 09-30-2018 at 04:38 PM.

5. Default

cwolff, I'd say I agree with you on about 50% of issues. Obviously I'm on the other side of this one, but your posts are making continually less logical sense as you go here. So I'll just say this instead. It's a retort at about the same level of logic as you're displaying right now:

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    cwolff, I'd say I agree with you on about 50% of issues. Obviously I'm on the other side of this one, but your posts are making continually less logical sense as you go here.
    I'm saying Kavanaugh lied under oath and his behavior before the senate shows he's unfit to be a Justice on the Supreme Court.

What about that is Illogical?

If you don't mind, take the time to flesh out what you're saying and even let me know how you'd do what I'm doing, but in a way that makes logical sense. I'm interested to see what you say though this is a big ask and don't feel obligated to do it.
    Last edited by cwolff; 09-30-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I'm saying Kavanaugh lied under oath and his behavior before the senate shows he's unfit to be a Justice on the Supreme Court.

What about that is Illogical?
    The part where none of that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...naugh-is-lying

This is a LONG article about Kavanaugh lying and dissembling before the Senate committee under oath. As an American it's difficult to read this and the included transcripts and not get pissed off. He is on the horns of a dilemma and I understand that. Either tell the truth and be disqualified because of his past behavior or lie and be disqualified for lying. He chose to grandstand, lie and fight back with any tool at hand i.e.; Clintons, liberal groups and other perceived enemies while also attacking and sneering at the Senators who were there to ask him questions. How can one rule on the law after displaying such a lack of respect for the legislature?

There is no way to read this and think to yourself, "Ya, this guy should definintely be on the U.S. Supreme Court."

Take this exchange for example:

WHITEHOUSE: So the vomiting that you reference in the Ralph Club reference, related to the consumption of alcohol?

KAVANAUGH: Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off.

or this one:

KLOBUCHAR: OK. Drinking is one thing, but the concern is about truthfulness, and in your written testimony, you said sometimes you had too many drinks. Was there ever a time when you drank so much that you couldn’t remember what happened, or part of what happened the night before?

KAVANAUGH: No, I — no. I remember what happened, and I think you’ve probably had beers, Senator, and — and so I…

KLOBUCHAR: So you’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before, or part of what happened.

KAVANAUGH: It’s — you’re asking about, you know, blackout. I don’t know. Have you?

KLOBUCHAR: Could you answer the question, Judge? I just — so you — that’s not happened. Is that your answer?

KAVANAUGH: Yeah, and I’m curious if you have.

Or this one where he flat out lies:

BLUMENTHAL: [In law, there’s a Latin phrase that means] ‘false in one thing, false in everything.’ Meaning in jury instructions that [prosecutors tell] the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing. So the core of why we’re here today really is credibility. Let me talk…

KAVANAUGH: But the core of why we’re here is an allegation for which the four witnesses present have all said it didn’t happen.
    butter.jpg

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think they are voting regardless. I imagine the Dems want it to vote with an incompletel investigation, because that might make a couple Republicans vote against Kavanaugh, because other wise, he is going to be confirmed.
    Agreed that it's difficult to see them pushing the vote. I think they'll hold it even if they don't have the votes (which they most likely will).

I agree with CWolf that even when you set aside the sexual assault allegations, his blatently partisan attacks along with the fact that he lied multiple times under oath (and already had a history of that) make him grossly unqualified for this position.

But our politics have become so toxic that he could have murdered a child during his testimony without losing a single Republican vote.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I agree with CWolf that even when you set aside the sexual assault allegations, his blatently partisan attacks along with the fact that he lied multiple times under oath (and already had a history of that) make him grossly unqualified for this position.
    Hey everyone, here's a shocker! After the false rape allegations wasn't enough to sink Kavanaugh's confirmation time4fun found yet another reason she thinks he's unqualified!