Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Approval of Trump Way Up

Thumbs up Public Approval of Trump Way Up

The public's approval of Trump is sky high, proving once and for all that Americans support his policies -- by which I mean the Democrats' laws -- of holding immigrant kids in detention camps.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump's job approval rating averaged 45% in Gallup polling last week, tying his personal high. His previous 45% rating occurred in the first week after he was inaugurated as president.

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

Well, he just called for the creation of the Space Force, so after we have Space Marines it'll be even higher.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

45 percent = sky high?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    45 percent = sky high?
    That's the joke.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Having said all of that- if his approval rating doesn't drop in light of the children in cages- I will have officially lost all faith in this country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Having said all of that- if his approval rating doesn't drop in light of the children in cages- I will have officially lost all faith in this country.
    Aren't those pictures from 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Aren't those pictures from 2014?
    There are a lot of pictures running around right now- some of which are out of context. But there are A LOT of pictures of what's going on right now. And they're heartbreaking to anyone who still has a heart.

And the Obama administration rarely prosecuted parents crossing with children because it's so inhumane.

So what's going on today isn't a reflection of 2014. It's a reflection of 2018 and the politics of dehumanization.

Blog Entries

There are a lot of pictures running around right now- some of which are out of context. But there are A LOT of pictures of what's going on right now. And they're heartbreaking to anyone who still has a heart.

And the Obama administration rarely prosecuted parents crossing with children because it's so inhumane.

So what's going on today isn't a reflection of 2014. It's a reflection of 2018 and the politics of dehumanization.
    I mean, it's still illegal. They're literally breaking the law.

I do think theres a better solution, but that would require both sides to stop virtue signaling and work together across the aisle so that's probably not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I mean, it's still illegal. They're literally breaking the law.

I do think theres a better solution, but that would require both sides to stop virtue signaling and work together across the aisle so that's probably not going to happen.
    Repeat after me: Asylum is legal immigration.

The separation of children from their families without due process, by the way, is a violation of several international laws that we're treaty-bound to follow. (Also the Constitution)

But this isn't about law- it's about morality.
    Last edited by time4fun; 06-19-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Repeat after me: Asylum is legal immigration.

The separation of children from their families without due process, by the way, is a violation of several international laws that we're treaty-bound to follow. (Also the Constitution)

But this isn't about law- it's about morality.
    Asylum is, but they aren't requesting asylum the legal way. They are jumping the border and coming across illegally.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam