Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Think this is an interesting article about the NFL player reaction to what Trump said:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tr...th-nfl-players

President Donald Trump struck a nerve with NFL players when he implored team owners to “get that son of a bitch off the field” for protesting during the national anthem.

The line drew loud applause at the president’s political rally in Huntsville, Alabama, but the words cut deep into America’s most popular sports league, where the majority of players are black and many grew up in tough neighborhoods, raised by strong women.

“I’m a son of a queen,” an emotional Falcons defensive lineman Grady Jarrett said.

“There are no SOBs in this league,” Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Sunday, when at least 200 NFL players either knelt, sat, stretched or prayed during “The Star-Spangled Banner” to protest Trump’s remarks. Three teams didn’t even take the field until the national anthem was over.
    Feel pretty certain no NFL team will want to visit the White House while Trump is president. Taking an issue with what they do during the anthem is one thing - insulting their moms is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Richard Petty showing how petty he is. “Anybody that don’t stand up for that ought to be out of the country. Period,”

Yes, this is exactly what the country needs, forced nationalism. GTFO you ignorant PoS.
    Did you have permission from tgo to call someone a piece of shit? That's kind of his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    Think this is an interesting article about the NFL player reaction to what Trump said:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tr...th-nfl-players

Feel pretty certain no NFL team will want to visit the White House while Trump is president. Taking an issue with what they do during the anthem is one thing - insulting their moms is something else.
    Wait.. when you call someone a "Son of a bitch", you believe you are really insulting their mother when you do it?

Talk about your fake news...

I use that phrase almost everyday.. mostly in Discord and in a joking manner.. but I don't know their mother at all.

I KNOW! MIND BLOWN!
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-25-2017 at 02:08 PM.

The rules pertaining the National Anthem are found on pages A62-63 of the National Football League’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b273d77ee1e2

In before some liberal raging bitch comes here and states "No it's not, Snopes told me it wasn't! (I hope it's time4fun...)" Snopes stated it's not in the RULEBOOK, the actual passage is in the Operations manual
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-25-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Wait.. when you call someone a "Son of a bitch", you believe you are really insulting their mother when you do it?

Talk about your fake news...

I use that phrase almost everyday.. mostly in Discord and in a joking manner.. but I don't know their mother at all.

I KNOW! MIND BLOWN!
    The only people I ever met that thought I was insulting their mother when I said son of a bitch were terps who didn't speak English as a first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The only people I ever met that thought I was insulting their mother when I said son of a bitch were terds who didn't speak English as a first language.
    you spoke with terds?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    you spoke with terds?
    Often I consider you to be on the same level as Macgyver.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    And he suggested that Petty get out, I assume from the country. Pretty much what Petty said.
    I didn't say GTFO of the country. As Taernath said it wasn't criticism of his right to say it, just criticism on what he said. And no, PB, I believe in the right to free speech for all, not just shit I agree with, so try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Often I consider myself to be a gay tard.
    Well, there's nothing wrong with that. You just do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Richard Petty showing how petty he is. “Anybody that don’t stand up for that ought to be out of the country. Period,”

Yes, this is exactly what the country needs, forced nationalism. GTFO you ignorant PoS.
    "You think anyone who doesn't stand up for the National Anthem should be out of the country? That's ignorant, you need to get the fuck out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being disingenuous or if you're just that huge of a clueless vagina.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-25-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible