Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elanthian Fashion Week

Champagne Reception tonight at 6pm in the Museum Alerreth, Costumery!

The raffle has been set up in the Ticketing chamber (#608, go building) and will draw at 7pm EST for two winners.

To reach the costumery, go steps, east and go arch (polished copper arch)

[Museum Alerreth, Ticketing]
    One wall of the building is entirely glass, each pane placed into a framework of oxidized copper. The doorway set into the wall is wide and slightly arched, part of a triad of equally spaced openings hung beneath a giant verdigris medallion. Beyond the half-moon shaped chamber, a flight of three steps leads into the open expanse of the museum. You also see a lace-draped raffle table dyed in an ombre of cobalt and emerald with some stuff on it.
    Obvious exits: none
    >l ticket
    The raffle is for "This raffle, hosted by Elanthian Elegance, is for a prestige champagne box and sabre. Two winners will be drawn and MUST be present at time of drawing in order to receive their prizes.".
    The tickets sell for 50000 silvers each.
    Last edited by Elvenlady; 08-06-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Default Fashion Week 5116: What’s Next?

Thank you to everyone who came to the reception, I hope you all enjoyed it and especially the added surprise of the Argent Mirror joining us I will endeavour to share all the fantastic outfits shortly! In the meantime ...

Restday, 7th day of Phoenatos (Sunday 7th August)

After the glitz and glamor of the champagne reception in Ta’Illistim, Fashion Week will be heading west to Wehnimer’s Landing. The fun kicks off tomorrow at 11.00am with coffee, cake, and a lecture on the do’s and don’ts of alteration work, to be delivered by a guest speaker from Elanthian Elegance. This will be held in the Landing Hall, Auditorium (lich # 385, go door, west, go oak door). Please note that this will be an IC discussion on how to tackle alters with hints and tips on making the most of your time with a merchant. All OOC questions should be kept to group whispers wherever possible.

At 1.00pm, there will be an informal discussion about trends in the elegant surroundings of the refurbished Atelier in Elaraeyn's Boutique (lich # 24595). Refreshments will again be provided and we are expecting a special guest so come prepared with something that’s tired or outdated and hopefully leave with something fashionable!

At 4.00pm, House Sylvanfair will be offering the opportunity to purchase a limited number of bags containing assorted jewelry, at the bargain price of only 10,000 silvers. Be sure to get to the Sylvanfair Grove (lich # 8753, go west) early to grab them while you can as it will be first come, first served!

House Sylvanfair will then be rounding off the day with a few rounds of their popular game, Greedy Gremlins. Gather at 6.00pm in the Grove again (lich # 8753, go west) for some fashion-themed fun, more refreshments and the chance to win some special prizes.

In addition, two carts selling cobbling supplies have now been set up for all your fashionable footwear needs! One is located in the Willow Hall, Companion Park (lich # 19332) and the other can be found in the Sylvanfair Grove (lich # 8753, go west)
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

Roho rocks!! That is all.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality."

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeek View Post
    Roho rocks!! That is all.

Volnes, 8th day of Phoenatos (Monday 8th August)

Shoes, shoes and more shoes! The Looking Glass will be opening the doors of their sponsor’s shop in the Ta’Illistim, Mzaarine Bazaar (lich # 731, go cottage). The launch event at 3.00pm will unveil the first collection of hand-crafted footwear featuring the theme of Saewehna Jungle. There will also be two sets of jungle themed outfits for sale so come early to avoid disappointment.

At 9.00pm, the Blackhand Trading Co. will be leading a discussion on “dangerous looking” garments and wares and modelling the latest trends in Femme Fatale! Look for a black canvas tent on the North Ring Road (lich # 287) and don’t forget to enter their raffle for a fully customised Vanishing Point corset. Tickets are on sale now for 50,000 silvers and the draw will take place at approximately 10.15pm.

A raffle has also been set up in the Lily Manor Courtyard (lich # 3758, go gate) for an altered Sylinar's Spire pin. The item - a miniature clockface with exposed brass cogs and gears - will be awarded to one winner who MUST be present at time of drawing in order to receive their prize. The tickets sell for 100,000 silvers each and the draw will take place at around 7.00pm, during the cocktail reception, on Restday (Sunday 14th August).

Don’t forget the two carts selling cobbling supplies! One is located in the Willow Hall, Companion Park (lich # 19332) and the other can be found in the Sylvanfair Grove (lich # 8753, go west). There is also a merchandise stand set up on the North Ring Road (lich # 287) selling a selection of fashionable items. Buy them while you can, they’re only here for the week!

Please let Rohese, Corlyne or Kizalia know if you’re interested in competing in the Nalea Brawl, they’ll get you signed up! See NEWS 4 2 for more information and tune into the lnet TownCrier for the latest updates!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

Holy cow, I'm just BLOWN AWAY by Fashion Week.

All the work this took ... everyone involved should take a bow.
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

It's been really awesome so far!

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

It has been wonderful, the perfect thing to get me totally hooked on playing again. Thank you so much to everyone who's hand a hand in this and especially Roh who has a gift for MCing and a talent for getting everyone involved. =)
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Rohese is my spirit animal.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    Rohese is my spirit animal.
    Your patronus you privileged piece of shit

<3

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

I'm glad you're all enjoying it, I'm having a blast!

Shoe Love is True Love will launch today at 3.00pm in The Looking Glass's shop (a smooth-hewn stone cottage with a simple thatched roof) in Ta'Illistim's Mzaarine Bazaar (lich #731)

Once the doors open this afternoon, you'll have the chance to buy a pair of limited edition footwear (only 50,000 silvers each) and two themed outfits at bargain prices. Today's theme is Saewehna Jungle. Anyone purchasing a pair of shoes at today's launch will also receive a special commemorative gift.

On the table:
    a pair of metal-scaled satin high shoes buttoned with silver barbs
    some dark silver piranha skin round-toed shoes buttoned with waterwebs
    a pair of smoky green alligator skin shoes buttoned with pale bone
    a pair of saffron polished leather ankle-boots buttoned with gold fireflies
    some coral pink satin high shoes buttoned with red snapper scales
    some aqua watered silk high-heeled shoes inset with crystalline streams
    some linen calf-tied sandals beaded with whorled sunset orange pearls
    some vert raw silk narrow-toed shoes trimmed with multi-colored feathers
    some flyrsilk backless sandals inset with vivid cobalt lorikeet feathers
    some caramel tigerwood wedge-heeled sandals inset with flat ebony pearls

On the mannequins:
    an earth tone-hued cloak of kidskin in shades of brown with bone toggles
    a steel grey organdy tunic with appliqued cobra skin arabesques (armor concealer covering torso and arms)
    a weathered dark leather belt (zested)
    some trim grey pants with darkly inked vines winding down one leg
    a pair of sable cross-hatched leather calf-high boots

a long half-circle cape of natural linen fastened with strips of leather
    an articulated green jade viper arm cuff bearing sharp fangs (a coiling jade python arm cuff set with mirror shard eyes)
    a bone-hooked girdle of stiffened rope plaits
    a short dark suede-scaled skirt
    some woven rush calf-tied sandals laced with dried liana vine

All proceeds go to funding next year's Fashion Week! Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Elvenlady; 08-08-2016 at 05:51 AM.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page