Thread: Wizard's Pavis

Default Wizard's Pavis

Hi all. I'm sitting on the wizard's pavis. I guess it's part of a set of profession specific shields released a few years ago. This particular one casts deep blues with your own mana, doesn't actually give spell knowledge though (to the best of my knowledge). It has a chance to fail and cast a random curse, I think that's based off MIU. I can post a description and the song later if needed but really I'm just hoping for a quick appraisal so I know how much I'm hoarding. I'd also be curious to know if people know where the other profession pavises are hiding out and if they'd sell for a similar price.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barundar View Post
    I guess it's part of a set of profession specific shields released a few years ago.
    I think time starts to mush together after you play this game long enough. If it's from the same set I remember, it's much more than a few years. Sorry, I have no idea on price though, but you can probably find it in the thread's on PC I believe. Aha, just ask Ardwen.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...5-Ranger-pavis

Here's a post from 2006.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...zard%27s+pavis
    Last edited by everan; 06-01-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

3. Default

The wizard one isn't quite that awesome. Nothing against you, Barundar. The ranger one is epic useful for fighting. Yours is the buffup shield. I forget what the warrior one does.

Warrior one heals, I believe. I was actually thinking it probably lost a lot of value after some of the more recent changes to runestaves too. Ah well, not going to cry a river of tears over it.

The best thing about these shields is that they allow holders of the other shields in the room to cast whatever spell is on the complimentary pavis' In theory if ya had a group of 8 folks with all 8 pavis you'd have a heck of a lot of fun, sadly I dont think they all still exist today. And yes several of them were total junk for spells , if I recall right rangers, rogues and bards got the best ones. warrior sorcerer and ranger I have seen in the last few years, and well clearly this one now, the others not so much. I can't recall seeing the empathic one in well over a decade.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

6. Default

WTB Paladin and Monk pavis.

Savant pavis too. It casts a spell so amazing it's not even implemented yet.

Paladin and monk are clearly not real professions as they got neither a pavis nor a profession weapon raffle! even though oddly for the weapons anyone could buy tickets.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.