Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EG Services: Buyer/Seller List

Enchants, Padding, Ithzir, Fusion-related stuff, maybe acquity.

Buying: Enchanting and resistance

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rakisak_x View Post
    If you win a raffle for something, how do you go about selling it? Will the Merchant just let you choose someone else to have the work done?
    They sometimes will let you get an item to get worked on. In that case you should have whomever you are getting it done for step out of the room, step out yourself, and discreetly hand it over. Some merchants are fine with you selling your spot, some are not. Some just ask that you are subtle about it, some don't care. Some will NOT let you trade it off. Just be polite and try not to be blatant about things. And whatever the GM/NPC says, thats what goes.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

...unfortunately, your heart gives out a moment later.

That helps clarify some things. I've never won a major/minor raffle before so I've never had the opportunity to see how the selling of it goes. Will people pretty much immediately start asking you on lnet/PC/whispers if they can purchase your win, then?

Also, thanks for the info ShadowSongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakisak_x View Post
    Will people pretty much immediately start asking you on lnet/PC/whispers if they can purchase your win, then?
    Absolutely, yes. I won a premium raffle and got whispers and chats immediately. Opened it up for bidding on lnet merchant channel and wrapped it up pretty quickly. Luckily the merchant was patient and it seemed like people were running interference (merchant noticed a "Kiss Me" sign that had been put on him and that bought me a minute or two). I took possession of the item right there in front of the merchant, but I don't imagine all of them would be okay with that. I was able to pay the service fee and did so (and tacked it onto the bid) because I figured that was one less thing that could annoy the merchant.

6. Default

Some festivals they are more lenient than others. They expect it will happen to a certain degree. But make sure you read the tickets before you enter. If it is a MAJOR win then you cannot win any other MAJOR wins. Some also are attuning. If it isn't something you want, maybe get on lnet and see if there is anyone interested before you go for it. Also, if it is a service that costs,make sure people are aware and are willing to cover the cost.
    Japhrimel takes his black branding iron and jabs the superheated metal into your open wound. You let out a scream as the hot iron sizzles against your flesh, which begins to smoke and burn. The sensation sets your nerves aflame with blinding white agony, but somehow you manage to retain consciousness through the excruciating procedure. At last, the wound is blackened and sealed, but the pain is slow to recede.

7. Default

Also, if anyone sees me(Japhrimel) at EG you are welcome to tag along. I cant guarantee it will be helpful to do so, but I have a pretty good track record for EG. I also only have one planned alteration for EG at the moment. I try to get as many different services as possible and, once I see what it is, will usually go from there. I will try to help anyone get work and work on alterations, if I can. Just have an idea of what you want. I do, however, have a stipulation for my assistance. You win ithzir flares and I get first crack at buying your spot. I am offering 15m to start for the service. More if you can get me multiple unlocks. Last year I know one person got all 9 tiers added to their armor for 200k.

8. Default

Who. The FUCK. Got all nine tiers of Ithzir?

And for 200k?! That's like saying 'Here's a dollar for your Porsche"

ZOMG GOOD DEAL.

9. Default

Yeah, it was like.. the only friend I had at EG who hadn't promised to give me their spot. I swear to god, I had 14 people who were like "if I get them, they're yours".. nada.

There are more than 9 tiers.

From what I remember also, he won a tree (4 tiers unlocked), but maybe he won more hooks or likely had some tiers on it already.

To keep on topic, this is a key part of my armor project so I'll start at 40M for Ithzir, but only for a full "tree unlock" win