Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Sailor and LAPD Officer on killing rampage in Southern California

1. Default

That gives the police the right to act as judge/jury/executioner?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    That gives the police the right to act as judge/jury/executioner?
    Not necessarily but if some guy is firing at them and killing them and shows no signs that he wants to surrender I'm not sure what else they are supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    The LAPD didn't do anything, it was San Bernadino cops. But yeah, if they take him alive, they gotta pay someone a million bucks. Fuck that.
    Rewards can't be given to law enforcement. It is their job to apprehend criminals.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

First they should make sure he knows they're there. /meme
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not necessarily but if some guy is firing at them and killing them and shows no signs that he wants to surrender I'm not sure what else they are supposed to do.

W-A-I-T.

Wait. Like nearly every other standoff situation, ever.

\rant
    Out of room at The Tomb

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyrogue View Post
    W-A-I-T.

Wait. Like nearly every other standoff situation, ever.

\rant
    Wait for what? If you think all police officers do is sit around with their thumbs up their asses after two of them have been shot (one killed) you are sadly mistaken. How many police officers' lives are worth to keep one POS murderer alive?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-13-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Wait for what? If you think all police officers do is sit around with their thumbs up their asses after two of them have been shot (one killed) you are sadly mistaken. How many police officers' lives are worth to keep one POS murderer alive?
    That's exactly what I expect. If he's firing upon the officers, he's exposed to some degree. I'm assuming the cabin was completely surrounded. There are many ways that it could have been dealt with, but a fire? Really? In fact, the fact that I'm even having this conversation is silly. You can justify it any way you like, but practically setting a man on fire isn't the way I want the police to do their job.

How many killers have been holed up in a building before this one? How many escape? It boggles my mind that anyone could be ok with the way the police conducted themselves during this entire situation.

And as far as how many police officer's lives.. It seems like they were just fine with risking plenty of people's that weren't their own. Just how I feel, and I'm sure a significant portion of the US feels the same way. Hell, start a poll to rate the police. I'm curious.
    Out of room at The Tomb

There are many ways that it could have been dealt with, but a fire? Really?
    Here is a story about police officers using demolition equipment to tear open a house to get at a gunman. Police do not fuck around for long with an armed and dangerous person who is refusing to talk.

You can justify it any way you like, but practically setting a man on fire isn't the way I want the police to do their job.
    Do you realize this guy had been in at least 4 shoot outs with police officers? Do you realize he has killed at least 4 cops and wounded at least 2 others? You of course are aware that police fired on two trucks that didn't contain Dorner. Do you realize that the police have not hit a single person in all of that shooting? The cops either learned how to fire a gun by being an extra gunmen in a Hollywood movie or they weren't willing to do everything in their power to kill this guy.

How many killers have been holed up in a building before this one? How many escape?
    If you think the answer to your second question is zero you are wrong.

It boggles my mind that anyone could be ok with the way the police conducted themselves during this entire situation.
    By this point Dorner had already eluded the police several times. Each time he got away from the police he ended up killing another police officer shortly after. They finally cornered him and ended his rampage STILL without severely wounding a single person, not even Dorner himself (who apparently shot himself.) I'm not sure what better outcome there could have been from the cabin standoff.

And as far as how many police officer's lives.. It seems like they were just fine with risking plenty of people's that weren't their own.
    So how many police officers do you feel should have to die in order to ensure a murderer is captured alive?

Hell, start a poll to rate the police. I'm curious.
    Can't imagine any bias creeping into that sort of poll.

ETA: The police are saying they did not set the cabin on fire on purpose. I'm sure those who already believe they did do it on purpose aren't going to believe them though.

According to this story the police were using demolition equipment to tear down the walls of the cabin and as they got closer to the last wall is when they heard a single gun shot then shortly after that is when the fire started.

Assuming this is how things went down I'm not sure what more could have been done?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-13-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Here is a story about police officers using demolition equipment to tear open a house to get at a gunman. Police do not fuck around for long with an armed and dangerous person who is refusing to talk.

Do you realize this guy had been in at least 4 shoot outs with police officers? Do you realize he has killed at least 4 cops and wounded at least 2 others? You of course are aware that police fired on two trucks that didn't contain Dorner. Do you realize that the police have not hit a single person in all of that shooting? The cops either learned how to fire a gun by being an extra gunmen in a Hollywood movie or they weren't willing to do everything in their power to kill this guy.

If you think the answer to your second question is zero you are wrong.

By this point Dorner had already eluded the police several times. Each time he got away from the police he ended up killing another police officer shortly after. They finally cornered him and ended his rampage STILL without severely wounding a single person, not even Dorner himself (who apparently shot himself.) I'm not sure what better outcome there could have been from the cabin standoff.

So how many police officers do you feel should have to die in order to ensure a murderer is captured alive?

Can't imagine any bias creeping into that sort of poll.
    Pretty damn sure the police shot two women in a truck?? Do they not count?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyuk View Post
    Pretty damn sure the police shot two women in a truck?? Do they not count?
    My bad, the story I read said they weren't shot but were injured from glass shards. Just Googled it again and now I see one was shot in the hand and one was shot in the back.