Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney's Tax Returns

Red face Romney's Tax Returns

While he again demurred on questions about why he has not released his tax returns, Romney offered a hint of what will be the biggest headline when he eventually (presumably) does disclose them. He told reporters that his "effective tax rate" is "closer to 15 percent"—far less than what most middle income families around the country pay. He explained that most of his income today comes from "investments I've made in the past" and from book sales.

More...
    After carefully reviewing all available evidence, I am calling it. First, Romney will release his returns. Second, his effective tax rate will be closer to 14% than to the 15% figure he cited.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

15% seems about right.. given how he made his money last year.

And that's 15% on top of what he actually paid in taxes when he received a traditional paycheck.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

And yet, if I had his money, I'd burn mine. And the fire would be small.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    15% seems about right.. given how he made his money last year.

And that's 15% on top of what he actually paid in taxes when he received a traditional paycheck.
    When was the last time he received a traditional paycheck?

Remember, there was a couple of times he feared getting a pink slip.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Or that he's currently unemployed ... or that he didn't get much for speaking events.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I don't know his personal story.. but likely working for Bain Capital or the Olympics. As far as I know, he gets most of his money from investments.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I don't know his personal story.. but likely working for Bain Capital or the Olympics. As far as I know, he gets most of his money from investments.
    Unless he was advised by a bunch of baffoons, there is no way he received a significant paycheck at Bain.

I have no idea what he got for the Olympics, but I assume it was a public service position and not a significant amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Likely the money he was paid for speeches will count as wages and be taxed correctly.

Are you sure that's how carried interests work? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that you're guessing.