Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Move to Greece, become a pedophile, profit?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Are you advocating that known pedophiles get a tattoo of a serial number on their forearms so we can easily identify them in public?

I think the uproar is that people who are on entitlement programs feel there are various levels of entitlement, and that convicted criminals should be lower in the benefit structure than others.
    I think that would be an over board use of hyperbole.

Known doesn't necessarily mean known to the general public ... but rather known to the necessary agencies.

I think some of the listed disabilities are a bit of a stretch, but I'd rather pedophiles seek help before they become child molesters than take the wait and see approach.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    I think that would be an over board use of hyperbole.

Known doesn't necessarily mean known to the general public ... but rather known to the necessary agencies.
    Given his statement was that they were known and you could avoid them if necessary, I wouldn't say it was overboard at all. I also wouldn't say it wasn't know to the general public, else how would they avoid them if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    A treated pedophile is too expensive of a burden on society (including the costs of ensuring the treatment "holds").

"Housing" an untreated pedophile in an incarnation system is also too expensive of a burden on society.

Keller was possibly being sarcastic, but it probably would be more cost-effective to just ship them out to somewhere they cannot leave (ie Australia at the time), and poof, the problem is off society's books.

So pyromanics, pedophiles, serial rapists, etc ... convicted by a trial involving their peers with the selected "punishment" and then just sent away.

Use the resources that would otherwise be *wasted* on them to improve the lives of the rest of the community.

Pre-20th century, such individuals would be essentially either "dealt with" or were collectively shunned by the rest of the community that they would not survive very long.

I'm not sure why there is a compelling "need" to "save" human beings that otherwise would be a significant detraction from the community's well-being.
    We could also make a TV show where those people tried to compete for their freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    We could also make a TV show where those people tried to compete for their freedom.
    Hmm... sounds good, until you figure out that you'll be letting the "best" pedophile free after he beats all the others...

Are you advocating that known pedophiles get a tattoo of a serial number on their forearms so we can easily identify them in public?
    No that would be too reminiscent of what the Nazis did ohhhhh wait a minute.

The public sex offender registry hasn't led to any Kristallnachts to my knowledge. This program could mimic that one.
    I think the uproar is that people who are on entitlement programs feel there are various levels of entitlement, and that convicted criminals should be lower in the benefit structure than others.
    I didn't really get that part of the article. It said that criminals were higher, but it also said they only got 30% disability as opposed to 80% for heart transplant recipients (those moochers), so... I didn't really get it.
    Hmm... sounds good, until you figure out that you'll be letting the "best" pedophile free after he beats all the others...
    Only if they get past Fireball.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Sometimes, I wonder if Atlanteax is serious. I think that bad tie is choking off his air supply.

(Now I'm thinking about Air Supply. Damn it.)
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

Competing for freedom != obtaining freedom.

That's why you go the Running Man route by killing off the winner and telling future contestants that they're living on a tropical island surrounded by all the little children they could want.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    No that would be too reminiscent of what the Nazis did ohhhhh wait a minute.

The public sex offender registry hasn't led to any Kristallnachts to my knowledge. This program could mimic that one.I didn't really get that part of the article. It said that criminals were higher, but it also said they only got 30% disability as opposed to 80% for heart transplant recipients (those moochers), so... I didn't really get it.Only if they get past Fireball.
    I think the issue here is that the criminals are getting any sort of disability at ALL ... that 30% should be *ZERO*.

Save the money for those law-abiding and need it (ie blind or paraplegic).

It is an insult to the later that the (wasteful spending) government would deign to give criminals disability welfare.

Okay not exactly related, but shows the power of community enforcement of social principals...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/us/cal...oat/index.html

Okay, so a (drunk) father (Briles) throws his crying 7-yrs off the boat...

"And he hits the kid a couple of times," Amormino said. "The boy is crying. He picks him up and throws him overboard. They are in the middle of a harbor, and there is a lot of boat traffic."
    Community does the good deed thing:
    "But luckily, three boats saw the kid and converged on him, and plucked him from the water," Amormino said.
    Community does the negative enforcement of undesired behavior:
    Briles jumped into the water subsequently "to avoid the angry passengers on the Queen," the district attorney's office said. There were 85 people on the tour boat.
    Personally I think it was awesome how the douchebag was chased off the boat...