Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Courts Telling Us What to Believe

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    If a job's policies and procedures go against your religious or ethical background that will cause you to go against those policies, don't work there or don't cry from your vag when you get fired.
    If you hire someone knowing their thoughts in the matter, then you, as the employer get to deal with it. It goes both ways.
    "08-04-2009 10:19 AM You make me want to vomit all over you. TheE"

Good

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    So if the counselor's behavior does not meet the minimum requirements, you don't consider that grounds for termination? They are requirements, after all. If her behavior is not capable of being endured and she will not change it, the only solution is to remove her behavior by other means (i.e. firing) - no?
    How is it unable to be endured that she recuse herself on the grounds of personal bias?

Good

[QUOTE=Clove;1145153]Religion is a protected class, "ethical background" is not.[quote]

It is when it is a nice way of saying race dumb fuck.

Can you explain what this means? If an employer expresses that its performance standards exist to eliminate workers who cannot provide service to its clients... it's illegal how?
    It is illegal to concoct some bullshit reason to fire someone because you don't agree with their personal religious preferences. If you make up shit to justify a firing, which is sure what this looks like, then it is illegal.

I can assure you my degree is legal. I don't however have a law degree and neither do you. I didn't claim legal authority but I did mock your own inexpert opinion. I don't need any special education or professional experience to think you're full of shit.
    I didn't question the legality of your degree, only if you had a law degree dipshit. And I am mocking your dumb fuck ass in exactly the same way you choose to mock me. If you can't take it pussy boy, then pack your underoos and go the fuck home. Other wise, butch up Sally and stop whining about your pussy ache.

Fuck you if you can't handle free speech.
    WHAAAAAAAAA pussy boy is crying for attention cause I am picking on him, you can't deal with free speech when it disagrees with you. I handle free speech just fine, not my fault you got sand in your vagina over being treated in exactly the same way you have treated me. Take your bellyaching elsewhere male child.

Good

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar View Post
    How is it unable to be endured that she recuse herself on the grounds of personal bias?
    You're the one who said that you didn't believe it was acceptable, you tell me.
    Do you mean ethnic?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

If you hire someone knowing their thoughts in the matter, then you, as the employer get to deal with it. It goes both ways.
    Wow. You have no clue what you're talking about and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by CrystalTears; 07-29-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clove View Post
    Religion is a protected class, "ethical background" is not.
    I believe you mean "ethnic background". Dumb fuck.

It is illegal to concoct some bullshit reason to fire someone because you don't agree with their personal religious preferences. If you make up shit to justify a firing, which is sure what this looks like, then it is illegal.
    I can already tell you didn't read the summary. She was "fired" for refusing to participate with the American Counseling Associations code of ethics. This is not some arbitrary employer's personal feelings, it is a professional standard. As the judge put it, she was not required to change her beliefs, she was only required to set them aside and change her behavior specifically to do her job. The school deemed that since she was unable to participate with the ACA's code of ethics she could not complete their program. She was instructed on the code of ethics and understood it prior to entering the praticum course. If you can't touch pork, don't look for work on a pig farm. Absent any law degree, I believe the judge was spot on.

I didn't question the legality of your degree, only if you had a law degree dipshit.
    Where is that legal degree from again?
    WHAAAAAAAAA pussy boy is crying for attention cause I am picking on him, you can't deal with free speech when it disagrees with you. I handle free speech just fine, not my fault you got sand in your vagina over being treated in exactly the same way you have treated me. Take your bellyaching elsewhere male child.
    You're handling it just fine, aren't you?
    Last edited by Clove; 07-30-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixing Rocktard's quote mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

The same thing happened to another student. This time in Georgia.

Bobby Spurlock, who identified himself as imperial wizard knighthawk and grand dragon of South Carolina and North Carolina, said the KKK has met with school officials and plans to protest the school's treatment of 24-year-old Jennifer Keeton on Oct. 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. Klan members will be in full dress across from the school's main Walton Way entrance in the median at Fleming Avenue.

Spurlock said the KKK believes Keeton's rights were violated when the school required her to participate in a remediation program after she objected to counseling homosexuals.

More...
    Having the support of the KKK probably will not help her case.

Quote Originally Posted by Clove View Post
    It isn't illegal to fail your employer's performance expectations and it isn't illegal for your employer to terminate you for failing either. That's the message the court sent.

People keep saying "her employer" but isn't this girl a student?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Here's the thing: to be a licensed counselor, I imagine there's some code of ethics that requires you to treat someone regardless of sex, race, sexual orientation, etc. That's pretty standard in licensed professions.

If the school, whose job it is is to prepare students to be licensed counselors, feels she cannot meet the requirements of a licensed counselor, then they have the right to dismiss her.

The larger question is, of course, if professional organizations have a right to determine you must treat people who you morally object to on religious grounds. They are, for the most part, private organizations, and thus, are allowed to do what they want. If you don't like it, you don't have to be a licensed counselor.

That's why non-ABA approved law schools like the one all the Bush Justice appointees went to exist.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

Regent's ABA approved, eerily.