Page 25 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

1. Default

If you do delve into Bigshot there are a couple of things I've noticed in how it behaves that should the time/opportunity present itself, perhaps you could check into. Overall the script works most of the time and I've actually only died once owing to scripting so I'm overall content. Also, some of my comments may be just my own stupidity of how to use the program, if someone's figured a way to make it do what I’m asking, definitely let me know. The comments are a bit of both solo and group hunting for casting classes (currently an empathy and a wizard). The list is in my idea of rough order of priority.

1. There may be a reason it's set to do this, but could we think about having Bigshot prep an attack spell THEN stance to the attack stance and cast? Currently it stances then preps then casts.

2. In a two group caster only MA, if one of the party kills the creature, the second one's going to almost always cast a spell into the dead creature, it's more certain to happen for the head than the tail, but I waste a significant amount of mana on each hunt casting at dead creatures. Sometimes if the tail kills it and the timing's right, the head will search it, but does prep a spell then releases it.

3. No matter what stance is put into the Attacking Tab under Attack Stance, for casting it always puts in offensive stance at right before preping the spell. Would really be nice to be able to control that attack stance for casting.

4. There's quite a bit of releasing of spells, when a creature runs, rather than hold the spell and start moving it releases right away, I'm not exactly sure how it could be made better because releasing is definitely safer for people that might want other non-attack spells to be cast, but for my uses I'd be fine to see it hold

5. Setting the experience to rest/mana to rest during a hunt is very finicky. I've done the calculations of what should be a minimum mana or experience to stop at, but at times Bigshot just keeps on hunting till one or both in the group have no mana and both are well above the requirements of when to rest. Eventually I can by trial and error make minor adjustments to the settings and get it to work.

6. Same goes for when to hunt. The percentages for state of mind and when to hunt don't seem mirror actual mind state. I might have a value for both parties in a group set to <50% yet it just sits till both are fresh and clear.

7. Wands don't work for me, for some reason when out of mana it recognizes the need to pull the wand, pulls it, then says it can't find the item requested. Sometimes it'll go ahead and start waving the wand, other times it sets the conditions to rest and goes back to rest. Also on wands, some wands, like twisted or bloodwood can be waved in guarded stance.

valdarrow

1/3) I'll look into Spell.cast's stancing logic. Tillmen can probably shed some light here as well.
    2) Should be easy to fix.
    4) Probably not going to change. Could maybe be a config.
    5/6) This could be a number of things.
    - up until recently mana wasn't taken into account for tails at all
    - percentmind is kinda weird. try playing around with ';e echo percentmind' sometime, and verify that it's behavior matches your expectations. It did not for me
    - it could be a bug I'm not aware of
    7) Should be fixed as of this morning
    Last edited by Alorn15; 06-07-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

3. Default

I'm fairly certain the Spell.cast logic only puts you in offensive for bolting spells, and prepares the spell before stancing.

1/2/3 might be fixed.
    ~ Azanoth

5. Default

Spell.cast stancing is configured just like channeling. Edit spell-list.xml.txt or use something like:

Spell[401].stance = true

Should I be setting something other than bolt spells to stance by default?
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

As long as we are making requests, I would like a way for my caster to just walk along in stance defense if I'm out of mana and wands, currently if I run out of wands every time the head attacks something tail goes into offenisive stance and keeps trying to get a wand, which says hey you don't have one rest but the head is still hunting so they dont' rest yet. which is fine I have my mana set to -1 so I only rest from that if I kill my nerves, I just would rather be in defensive while watching.

That may now be fixed, along with a shortlived bug in which stance didn't occur for wanding.
    ~ Azanoth

Cool it is, still trying to get the wand but I"m in defensive while I do now, Thanks Alorn you rule

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SanGreal View Post
    I'm fairly certain the Spell.cast logic only puts you in offensive for bolting spells, and prepares the spell before stancing.
    You know, I am looking at my logs from last night here on my home computer and it is showing the prep, then stance, then cast, then stance order (which is perfect), but I swear on my work computer it was doing stance, prep, cast, stance. I'll post one tomorrow when I get there, maybe it's something odd with my setup there...

valdarrow.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    Spell.cast stancing is configured just like channeling. Edit spell-list.xml.txt or use something like:

Spell[401].stance = true

Should I be setting something other than bolt spells to stance by default?
    I was just wondering if we could have the option to cast the bolt spells at something other than offensive, like advancing or whatever. I'lll look into the spell-list.xml.txt and see what I can do.

valdarrow.

oh, tillmen, the paypal address you list in your sig, that is current and correct? I've been trying to track you down in game or via that e-mail to ask. Was gona send you a donation!