This was going to be a post in the Lisu Log thread, but I felt it deserved its own thread because it has little to do with Lisu.

----------------------------------------

There is one obvious answer:

Don't let your kids play GS!

True, most kids play and their parents never have. That's why that bullshit "Letter to the Parents" works.

But that is *not* good parenting. A good parent may not play every game that their child does, but they will watch every movie, every show (at least occasionally) and research the games their children play.

If I was a parent and my kid zombified at the computer for several hours at a time, I'd sign up immediately and see exactly what was going on.

Therefore, it is the parents' faults!

Ooooh, but wait. I'm not finished yet.

Simutronics has the power to better control this as well.

They opt not to.

When an account is registered, parental controls should be made available. These controls would include,

"Allow into private inn rooms? Y/N.
Allow into private residences? Y/N.
Language Filter? Y/N."

Etc.

These controls should have a SECONDARY password, so that children could not access them upon logging in.

When you go to enter an inn room or private home for the first time, a message should be displayed.

"You are about to enter a private area within GemStone III. In private areas, vulgarity and adult content is allowed, as is OOC (Out of Character) conversation. If you are sure you wish to enter this area, please type GO BLACK CHATEAU within the next 30 seconds."

But none of these steps are taken.

Simu wants your 9-year old daughter to get gangbanged. They don't care that your 11-year old son now knows what "Snowballing" and "Tea bagging" are, all thanks to them.

It is your job as a parent to keep your kids away from this garbage. It's Simu's responsibility as a company that caters to underaged indivuduals to take steps to prevent minors from taking part in adult activity.

Hell, they could even do a whisper log. Everything someone whispered to them and everything whispered in reply could be logged for an extra.. oh... $5 a month.

Parents could go to the parental site and read up on their kid.

There's so much that can be done. But nothing is being done. Nothing. ::shrugs::

- --[ Klaive ]-- -