Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Media & Technology Group

Arrow Trump Media & Technology Group

Trump Media is “a scam,” and people buying its high-flying stock are “dopes,” IAC and Expedia Chairman Barry Diller said Thursday in a scathing takedown of the social media company whose majority shareholder is former President Donald Trump.

“I mean, it’s ridiculous,” Diller said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” when asked about Trump Media. “The company has no revenue.”

“It’s a scam, just like everything he’s ever been involved in is some sort of con,” he said of Trump.

A Trump Media spokeswoman, in response to Diller’s comments, said, “It is unsurprising to see die-hard Trump haters and leftwing flacks blow a gasket now that Truth Social has become a public company that, still today, refuses to suppress political expression that contradicts the narratives they want to enforce.”

More...

So far I can see, Truth Social has no technology or innovation that distinguishes it from Twitter. Nobody is thinking up clever ways to make it better. What Truth Social has is Donald Trump. People use Truth Social because Trump posts there, attracting many of his prominent followers to the site, who then reward other users by interacting with them. Dependence on Trump's personal participation is dangerous.

There is a narrow way, an unlikely Golden Path, by which Truth Social could thrive. If Trump is elected in November, you can be sure that he will post everything he considers and every action he takes on Truth Social before it appears anywhere else. He will direct other members of his administration to do the same. If you want to be the first to know the news, you'll have to use Truth Social. That will attract more users. More users will mean more advertisers. It is possible, though not likely, that Trump could successfully use the power of the presidency to make Truth Social profitable and more valuable. You can be sure that he will have no hesitation about using the government in the attempt.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    So far I can see, Truth Social has no technology or innovation that distinguishes it from Twitter. Nobody is thinking up clever ways to make it better. What Truth Social has is Donald Trump. People use Truth Social because Trump posts there, attracting many of his prominent followers to the site, who then reward other users by interacting with them.
    Grats on taking over 2 years to figure out what everyone with a fully functional brain knew since roughly February 22, 2022.

I'll let you figure out what happened on February 21, 2022.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-05-2024 at 10:07 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    So far I can see, Truth Social has no technology or innovation that distinguishes it from Twitter. Nobody is thinking up clever ways to make it better. What Truth Social has is Donald Trump. People use Truth Social because Trump posts there, attracting many of his prominent followers to the site, who then reward other users by interacting with them. Dependence on Trump's personal participation is dangerous.

There is a narrow way, an unlikely Golden Path, by which Truth Social could thrive. If Trump is elected in November, you can be sure that he will post everything he considers and every action he takes on Truth Social before it appears anywhere else. He will direct other members of his administration to do the same. If you want to be the first to know the news, you'll have to use Truth Social. That will attract more users. More users will mean more advertisers. It is possible, though not likely, that Trump could successfully use the power of the presidency to make Truth Social profitable and more valuable. You can be sure that he will have no hesitation about using the government in the attempt.
    Trump's personal diary, sovereign citizen forums and canned spam letters for the download, it's a heaven for ultra conservatives and morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Trump's personal diary, sovereign citizen forums and canned spam letters for the download, it's a heaven for ultra conservatives and morons.
    You're the last person on Earth who has any place to talk about anyone else, like literally anyone else at all, being a moron.

gg having no self awareness
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Donald Trump's social-media company just became the most valuable publicly traded client of an accounting firm that has more experience auditing companies traded over-the-counter and has had a string of regulatory issues, including a 100% deficiency rate on audits reviewed by a US watchdog.

More...
    But most of BF Borgers's clients, such as Lingerie Fighting Championships Inc., a mixed martial arts league, are significantly smaller than Trump's media business. Its deficiency rate from the PCAOB was worse than the industry rate of 40% in 2022, and the December enforcement action from Canada's audit regulator prevents it from accepting new clients in that country until it makes certain improvements.
    Trump Media said in a statement that articles about BF Borgers's record were partisan and "preemptively attacking our auditors before they've even begun their work for us as a public company."

Why would Trump choose an auditor from Lakewood, Colorado -- population 150,000 -- with a questionable regulatory history? Makes you wonder.

His social media company stock had fallen 50% from it's high point, he's going to need a shady auditor to cook the books.

His social media company stock had fallen 50% from it's high point, he's going to need a shady auditor to cook the books.
    Apostrophes: 9943278402378402
    Seran: 0

79 million shares.

$37.17 close yesterday.

I'm going to go ahead and do the math for you, because I doubt you are ready for multiplication since you have so much trouble with simple addition... 79,000,000 x $37.17... you get almost 3 billion dollars.

"OMG TRUMPS' GOING TO HAVE TO DECLARE BANKRUPTCY BECAU'SE HI'S S'TOCK IS ONLY WERTH $37!"-sErAn
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    79 million shares.

$37.17 close yesterday.

I'm going to go ahead and do the math for you, because I doubt you are ready for multiplication since you have so much trouble with simple addition... 79,000,000 x $37.17... you get almost 3 billion dollars.

"OMG TRUMPS' GOING TO HAVE TO DECLARE BANKRUPTCY BECAU'SE HI'S S'TOCK IS ONLY WERTH $37!"-sErAn
    Seran gets so upset when other peoples' successes cause what's left of his brain to highlight his own failures at life.

Probably should have gotten a job instead of deciding to be a useless welfare queen.

At this juncture in its development, TMTG believes that adhering to traditional key performance indicators, such as signups, average revenue per user, ad impressions and pricing, or active user accounts including monthly and daily active users, could potentially divert its focus from strategic evaluation with respect to the progress and growth of its business. TMTG believes that focusing on these KPIs might not align with the best interests of TMTG or its shareholders, as it could lead to short-term decision-making at the expense of long-term innovation and value creation. Therefore, TMTG believes that this strategic evaluation is critical and aligns with its commitment to a robust business plan that includes introducing innovative features and new technologies. See the section below titled “— Key Operating Metrics” and the section titled “Risk Factors — Risk Factors Related to TMTG — TMTG does not currently, and may never, collect, monitor or report certain key operating metrics used by companies in similar industries” incorporated in this Current Report on Form 8-K by reference to the Proxy Statement/Prospectus.

More...
    Do you believe the above is true? They claim not to collect or monitor KPIs, such as signups, ad impressions and active users. Seriously, do you believe it? It's from an SEC filing, which is not a place you would ever want to misstate anything.

I think at the end of the day, Trump will come out a few hundred million dollars richer, and everybody else will lose their investment. How much did Trump pay for his shares?

It reminds me of when, 4 years ago, Trump said COVID would be better if we tested less..

Trump told supporters at his campaign rally that the U.S. has tested 25 million people, far more than any other country. The “bad part,” Trump said, is that widespread testing leads to logging more cases of the virus.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases,” Trump said. “So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’ They test and they test.”

More...