Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All That Voter ID and Disenfranchisement May Be The Wrong Strategy For Republicans

Default All That Voter ID and Disenfranchisement May Be The Wrong Strategy For Republicans

This is hilariously awesome. I like what it suggests may have pulled this race off.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/i...d-cochran-win/

You like open primary voting? So you would be ok with open primary voting for the presidential elections so 50% of republicans could vote for say... Biden as president?

I think Open primaries are stupid. I also think a Republican basically begging Dems to help him defeat a challenger he technically already lost to is even sadder.

I know you hate the republican party.. I know you love to see anything that would knock down a conservative.. I also know you love the idea of someone saying they will increase government spending. (the dude ran on bringing home the pork for his people.. wtf) But how can you see this as a good thing? Not to mention... WTF does this have to do with voter ID laws, hell.. this is one of the better reasons why there SHOULD be voter ID laws.

Steve is a Dem and didn't vote in the Dem Primary... John is a Republican and knows Steve didn't vote. John votes for Steve in the Repub Primary. Our system at work! (Yeah, this probably does happen. Can you prove it does? Not unless you asked every single person that voted if they voted... with an ID law.. it is a moot point.)

Not to mention.. how can anyone be happy that someone that has already spent 36 years in office won again?
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    Not to mention.. how can anyone be happy that someone that has already spent 36 years in office won again?
    Speaking for myself, because I don't assume that work experience is a bad thing.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Speaking for myself, because I don't assume that work experience is a bad thing.
    Speaking for myself, because I don't think anyone should be in office for 3-4 decades.
    This space for sale.

We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

The open primary was less the issue compared to the acquiring votes through voter turnout. Don't you think he'll pick up some of those people's votes in the general election?

6. Default

Rand Paul has been working on getting the minority and disenfranchised vote. Will be interesting to see how that pays off for him.

I think it might pay off quite well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    The open primary was less the issue compared to the acquiring votes through voter turnout. Don't you think he'll pick up some of those people's votes in the general election?
    Not only will he not pick up those votes, but there is a very real chance he will not get the votes from the McDaniels voters either, at least not all of them, making what should be a solidly red seat susceptible to flipping. He did what was best for him but not what was best for the party, funny how a politician that has been in D.C for more than 3 decades only cares about staying in D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Not only will he not pick up those votes, but there is a very real chance he will not get the votes from the McDaniels voters either, at least not all of them, making what should be a solidly red seat susceptible to flipping. He did what was best for him but not what was best for the party, funny how a politician that has been in D.C for more than 3 decades only cares about staying in D.C.
    We'll see. Tea Party primary victories have produced a number of general election losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    This is hilariously awesome. I like what it suggests may have pulled this race off.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/i...d-cochran-win/
    I'm not understanding the topic of this thread. You believe voter ID and disenfranchisement made more black people come out and vote for a longstanding Republican?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.