Page 215 of 220 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2193

Thread: Russia Just Invaded Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think what a lot of people don't realize is we are 100% using the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a test bed for new tactics and technologies against a "near peer". Honestly, they aren't as close as many people, myself included, thought they were, but that is irrelevant.

The amount we are giving them is probably paying for itself 100 fold vs how difficult it would be to otherwise get realworld results to analyze.
    I don’t think you are wrong, but it’s reminiscent of the Spanish Civil War aka the prelude to WWII. I’d prefer we alter course before history repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I'd join up right now if I didn't have bone spurs.
    There is an IQ requirement, even for the Marines. You wouldn't pass.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

I think what a lot of people don't realize is we are 100% using the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a test bed for new tactics and technologies against a "near peer".
    THE JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT!?!?!?!?!?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I think what a lot of people don't realize is we are 100% using the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a test bed for new tactics and technologies against a "near peer". Honestly, they aren't as close as many people, myself included, thought they were, but that is irrelevant.

The amount we are giving them is probably paying for itself 100 fold vs how difficult it would be to otherwise get realworld results to analyze.
    My issue with this is that at the same time we are battle hardening them. Their troops have the most real combat experience now, their pilots the same thing, they've fully embraced the war manufacturing. They are beating our multi million dollar systems with $500 drones. Low tech is winning. Granted its good we learned this lesson now.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Blog Entries

I was completely wrong about Russia's capability and now that we have spent over 100 billion in taxpayer dollars, suffering inflation and nearing WW3 I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about.
    Was it our stellar record over the past 70 years of losing wars that had you convinced or just your inflated ego?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Was it our stellar record over the past 70 years of losing wars that had you convinced or just your inflated ego?
    We now let politicians and politically correct fools manage the war... which results in the 70 years of losing wars.

We're more than capable.. we just don't want to upset anyone.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    In all fairness we’re really good about winning battles, killing the enemy, and destroying the infrastructure & government of foreign countries. We just fall short at achieving (or even defining) our strategic objectives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    We now let politicians and politically correct fools manage the war... which results in the 70 years of losing wars.

We're more than capable.. we just don't want to upset anyone.
    100%

That's why you don't cheer for war because it looks cool in movies. If you're not willing to stomach watching bodies stack until they block out the sun, you don't go to war.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    In all fairness we’re really good about winning battles, killing the enemy, and destroying the infrastructure & government of foreign countries. We just fall short at achieving (or even defining) our publicly stated strategic objectives.
    FTFY
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

And the American people have the attention span of a gnat. It took decades to clear up Germany and Japan and we incinerated their people by the 100s of thousands and millions and bombed them flat. Korea was the first not really war we fought and the military learned but the politicians didn't. Vietnam was won militarily by every possible measure and we had done what we could socially, then we left and Joe Biden fucked up the plan to help them hold off the Chinese. He threw them to the dogs. Yes, the same incompetent Chinese cuckold that we have now. Then there was Afghanistan I, we won because the only objectives were to hurt the Soviets. We then didn't do shit about terrorism and so we ended up with a lot of it cause killing terrorists in cold blood is bad on TV. Then Iraq I which was done well, the occupation which was done like Korea by politicians at the UN so was fucked up, Iraq II, again military won, politicians sucked dick. Afghanistan II, boots won, politicians and the news media/public will fucked it all up so now you have women and kids as slaves, it would take a full generation or more to change much of anything in that part of the world short of glassing large sections of it. OH, BTW, how much money is made off of Opium/Heroine in the US that is grown in Afghanistan? Libya, Hillary Clinton's war to bring back black African slave markets and collapse the EU. Now, we have Ukraine, again, politicians laundering money wholesale and no clear goals though at this time, it isn't mostly our people fighting, yet.

Welcome to the lead up to WWIII. All at the behest of China's ability to buy people, plan long term and be patient, the news media sucking Chinese/Communist dick and the American politicians, who even if they had the right policy for the right reasons, suck ass at communicating it well enough to excite people and keep them motivated.

But Trump was going to get us into WWIII.

The older I get, the more I advocate for an isolationist policy. American first, American only, fuck Europe, fix your own shit, time for you to pay the bill. Central and South America, fucking rot, here are your people back. The border and immigration are closed, completely, indefinitely, period. China, here are the tariffs, you can shut the fuck up or watch your economy collapse and the people hang your leaders in the streets since almost 50% of young males are unemployed already. Make a move and the nukes will fly. Russia, take a hike, lift a finger in our direction or against our people and watch your oil income burn. Africa, you can rot too, you are a shit hole because of your own actions and corruption, not because of colonialism. Like a spoiled brat child, you were raised poorly but you are an adult now, if things stay the same, it's on you. OH, and here is a tax on all expatriated US money no matter the source, target or reason, world wide. That should cover the tax revenue lost for a long time due to isolationism and should pay to build a lot of infrastructure.

Painful, yes, effective, also yes and it would likely collapse the economies of our enemies in a few short years.

Basically, the rest of the world can go un-fuck themselves. Or not.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 04-29-2024 at 06:53 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie