Page 81 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb things conservatives say:

Quote Originally Posted by waywardgs View Post
    I agree in principle, but the issue is "too big to fail." If these larger institutions do get themselves to a point of failing, they take so much down with them when they go that the results are catastrophic. I'm not sure what the solution is.
    Nothing should be to big to fail. Period. If there is not the threat of failure, people can and will do anything. If you could never die no matter what happened to you, wouldn't you take risks you wouldn't normally take? Same with being to big to fail, they can take insane risks, because they know the government got their backs. Let the fuckers fail.

There should be some oversight, but no "bail outs". That's where we fucked up. If a bank doing shady things is on the verge of collapse, and it would cause our entire system to buckle and the country itself to be destroyed... guess what.. we fucked up and likely deserve it.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    We've had this discussion before and you were simplistically wrong before.
    Really? Provide a link and the post(s) where I was "simplistically wrong". You might be having those phantom discussions in your head again.. with your imaginary friend.

Short term share price boosting and individual bonus boosting produce all sorts of incentives to make loans that will never be repaid. Add all the financial instruments used to profit off those loans to the table and banks can go wild.
    How long do you believe banks who use this as their main practice will stay in business without government buying their toxic assets? Short term.. sure, I could see it.. but once the loans aren't repaid and start crashing.. what happens to that bank or the institute that purchased these toxic asset? The money has to come from somewhere.. and as long as it's not coming from the government, some company will take a financial beating and will be out of business.

Banks will always, always, always protect their bottom line.

Pretend that deregulation will somehow make it better? It gets even worse.
    I'm not talking about deregulation (but you already knew this..) I'm talking about the government holding the bag for risky loans.

Government has a role in regulating banks and other financial entities... but guaranteeing risky loans just so more people can have homes was dumb from the onset.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

So now you want open borders. Got it.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Really? Provide a link and the post(s) where I was "simplistically wrong". You might be having those phantom discussions in your head again.. with your imaginary friend.

How long do you believe banks who use this as their main practice will stay in business without government buying their toxic assets? Short term.. sure, I could see it.. but once the loans aren't repaid and start crashing.. what happens to that bank or the institute that purchased these toxic asset? The money has to come from somewhere.. and as long as it's not coming from the government, some company will take a financial beating and will be out of business.

Banks will always, always, always protect their bottom line.

I'm not talking about deregulation (but you already knew this..) I'm talking about the government holding the bag for risky loans.

Government has a role in regulating banks and other financial entities... but guaranteeing risky loans just so more people can have homes was dumb from the onset.
    PB: "Banks would never make loans to bad people without government guarantees!"
    WB: "Ever look at the current auto loan bubble?"

These people don't care if the bank runs into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Liberals do something stupid and conservatives lose their mind.

Conservatives do something stupid and liberals lose their mind.

Both do something stupid at the same time and no one gives a shit.
    You must hate America, otherwise you would blindly support one of the two terrible mainstream parties like real patriots. You're probably also against the patriot act, which, by definition, makes you a terrorist. Reported.
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 12-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.

PB: "Banks would never make loans to bad people without government guarantees!"
    WB: "Ever look at the current auto loan bubble?"

These people don't care if the bank runs into trouble.
    Here's a more accurate version of events:

PB: Banks wouldn't consistently give bad loans if there was no way of collecting the money. Banks aren't in the business of losing money.
    WB: Wrong. I'll just create your hyperbolic viewpoints so I can finally be right about something. You want everything deregulated. You want open borders. Derp, derp, derp! AYN RAND COLLECTED SS!!!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Here's a more accurate version of events:

PB: Banks wouldn't consistently give bad loans if there was no way of collecting the money. Banks aren't in the business of losing money.
    WB: Wrong. I'll just create your hyperbolic viewpoints so I can finally be right about something. You want everything deregulated. You want open borders. Derp, derp, derp! AYN RAND COLLECTED SS!!!
    It's really stunning when you're so messed up you take responses to other people as to you.

So now you want open borders. Got it.
    ? Since you asked, I'd prefer a 10 mile buffer zone packed full of life saving nuclear landmines along the Mexican border. It's more humane. Maybe offer a $100 prize for anyone who makes it across. That's like a trillion dollars in Mexico.

It's really stunning when you're so messed up you take responses to other people as to you.
    The only stunning part is: You continue to use hyperbolic bullshit to try an attempt to be right.

I never said that banks NEVER give out loans they can't later on collect from. That was your biggest "point" so far in the discussion.

Stop being an idiot.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

We've had this discussion before and you were simplistically wrong before.
    Still waiting for the quotes on this...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME