Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GemStone III and Minors Having SEX

Default GemStone III and Minors Having SEX

This was going to be a post in the Lisu Log thread, but I felt it deserved its own thread because it has little to do with Lisu.

----------------------------------------

There is one obvious answer:

Don't let your kids play GS!

True, most kids play and their parents never have. That's why that bullshit "Letter to the Parents" works.

But that is *not* good parenting. A good parent may not play every game that their child does, but they will watch every movie, every show (at least occasionally) and research the games their children play.

If I was a parent and my kid zombified at the computer for several hours at a time, I'd sign up immediately and see exactly what was going on.

Therefore, it is the parents' faults!

Ooooh, but wait. I'm not finished yet.

Simutronics has the power to better control this as well.

They opt not to.

When an account is registered, parental controls should be made available. These controls would include,

"Allow into private inn rooms? Y/N.
    Allow into private residences? Y/N.
    Language Filter? Y/N."

Etc.

These controls should have a SECONDARY password, so that children could not access them upon logging in.

When you go to enter an inn room or private home for the first time, a message should be displayed.

"You are about to enter a private area within GemStone III. In private areas, vulgarity and adult content is allowed, as is OOC (Out of Character) conversation. If you are sure you wish to enter this area, please type GO BLACK CHATEAU within the next 30 seconds."

But none of these steps are taken.

Simu wants your 9-year old daughter to get gangbanged. They don't care that your 11-year old son now knows what "Snowballing" and "Tea bagging" are, all thanks to them.

It is your job as a parent to keep your kids away from this garbage. It's Simu's responsibility as a company that caters to underaged indivuduals to take steps to prevent minors from taking part in adult activity.

Hell, they could even do a whisper log. Everything someone whispered to them and everything whispered in reply could be logged for an extra.. oh... $5 a month.

Parents could go to the parental site and read up on their kid.

There's so much that can be done. But nothing is being done. Nothing. ::shrugs::

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

damn I agree with Klaive

be a parent in more than name in all that concerns your childern

Might as well make sure your kids aren't playing with themselves in the shower, too.

I don't know, I doubt my parents could figure it out. When I signed up, I just got my mom's credit card out of her purse (with her permission, of course), and I would have set all the controls, with my own password. As for the warnings, do you really think that a kid who is ready to cyber with some stranger (who, let's admit it, is probably a guy) isn't going to ignore the warning?

Just my 2 cents. Your mileage, of course, will vary.

[Edited on 8-25-2003 by Artha]
    Space for rent, inquire within.

I agreed with you at the beginning Klaive.. but sorry.. you try to put too much parenting responsibility on the shoulders of Simutronics where it does not belong. They don't want your 9 year old daughter to be virtually gang banged. They don't cater to underage individuals. And your game 'fixes' won't work most of the time anyways. If parents don't care where their kids are going to begin with.. they probably just hand little Johnny their credit card and tell him to sign himself up. He can set the parental controls up any way he wants to.

It's not Simutronics responsibility to parent your kids... it's yours. What's next, will we have a discussion about Onar not being a good rolemodel for our youths now? Demand that they make him nice and morally correct?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I personalyl can't stand when people say they have been raped in gemstone3, is that even possible? if someone tried that with me, simu put the best command in gs i've ever used..it's called EXIT
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Originally posted by Solkern
    I personalyl can't stand when people say they have been raped in gemstone3, is that even possible? if someone tried that with me, simu put the best command in gs i've ever used..it's called EXIT
    Hehe maybe I should cry rape, blame Vif and sue her for millions of silvers.

I don't understand that either, Solkern. You learn how to walk out and leave an area. Even if you have a moment of shock of what is going on, you at least know how to exit a program immediately. If you sit there and allow someone to "violate" your character, it was either a consensual thing for roleplaying purposes, or a consensual sexual act so it wasn't a rape at all. To say that your character was raped and you were appauled and "couldn't" do anything I find very hard to believe.

And incidently, once you put in that many parental controls in a game, then it's no longer a family game, now is it?

Don't need to find it hard to believe, If they don't use the exit command..it wasnt rape...that simple, what did you forget how to spell exit?
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

10. Default

Originally posted by CrystalTears
    And incidently, once you put in that many parental controls in a game, then it's no longer a family game, now is it?
    Let's focus in on this for a sec. For one, since when was Gemstone a true family game? In the policy it says you have to be 18 to sign up, and on top of that obscene stuff happens all the time in GS. No it isn't a family game. It is more of a bait and trap game. They bait kids to come play, so all the predators have their way, then they put up notices saying they are not responsible, when in fact they may not be the only ones responsible, but they damn sure aren't excluded either. I think, in my humblest opinion, that gemstone needs to be an adult game an advertised as such, if it is a family game there is no reason for latched rooms. I mean, its a roleplaying game, You COULD just ROLEPLAY that you had sex and not actually do it too. So if alot of you don't do it for pleasure whats the problem with that?