Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Policing of ;lnet

Default Policing of ;lnet

We're really policing and banning people on ;lnet now over the ;merchant thing?

The coolest thing about GS is ;go2 and ;lnet. The best thing about ;lnet is that you could say and talk about anything you want, with no repercussions. Since when do we take this so seriously? I mean come on, who gives a damn if someone sells something on ;merchant or ;lnet? Besides Rozy that is?

I've donated to Tillmen before because I loved Lich in GS. The fact that it's being "policed" over something so miniscule makes me question if I'll ever donate in the future. In fact, I'm done openly speaking on ;lnet. I'll privately communicate with those I need to speak with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    We're really policing and banning people on ;lnet now over the ;merchant thing?

The coolest thing about GS is ;go2 and ;lnet. The best thing about ;lnet is that you could say and talk about anything you want, with no repercussions. Since when do we take this so seriously? I mean come on, who gives a damn if someone sells something on ;merchant or ;lnet? Besides Rozy that is?

I've donated to Tillmen before because I loved Lich in GS. The fact that it's being "policed" over something so miniscule makes me question if I'll ever donate in the future. In fact, I'm done openly speaking on ;lnet. I'll privately communicate with those I need to speak with.
    I'd give you rep if I could. You can talk about anything mundane at all on there, from the sexually depraved to the generally depraved to what someone is eating for dinner - but advertising an item you're selling somehow crosses the line? Give me a break.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

I never found the selling annoying. It could have done with less of the "is aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, eee from the pc around" shit. I mean go fucking message them on the fucking pc.
    Aim: Rethx

What's this all about now? I hardly ever have lnet chat on, what's happening exactly? Being people banned? For selling stuff?

5. Default

I'm confused. What's the argument for not separating merchant chat and general chat?
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

A buddy of mine was banned from ;lnet over cracking a joke towards one the ;lnet cops earlier tonight. It came as a shock to both of us that you could be banned over such a thing. Me personally, I always thought of ;lnet as the Wild Wild West.

After some negotiating my friend was unbanned after an hour. Guess it comes as a surprise we have to mind our tongues on ;lnet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I'm confused. What's the argument for not separating merchant chat and general chat?
    I'm also confused. What's the big deal either way?
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I like to be able to untune from the stupid bullshit on lnet from time to time when it's annoying and still be able to see if something I'm interested in is for sale.

Thus far the only argument I have seen is "but I DON'T WANNA!"

The moderating reminds me more and more of psinet.. which isn't a good thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I like to be able to untune from the stupid bullshit on lnet from time to time when it's annoying and still be able to see if something I'm interested in is for sale.

Thus far the only argument I have seen is "but I DON'T WANNA!"
    I agree with you, the only stipulation is that there are a lot of people on Lnet who aren't tuned to Merchant who might see your item and want to buy it.

Merchant should be merchant, Lnet should be Lnet but I don't see the need for rules for Lnet - and if there are, this is a stupid place to start.
    Last edited by tyrant-201; 07-17-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist