Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Policing of ;lnet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Policing of ;lnet

We're really policing and banning people on ;lnet now over the ;merchant thing?

The coolest thing about GS is ;go2 and ;lnet. The best thing about ;lnet is that you could say and talk about anything you want, with no repercussions. Since when do we take this so seriously? I mean come on, who gives a damn if someone sells something on ;merchant or ;lnet? Besides Rozy that is?

I've donated to Tillmen before because I loved Lich in GS. The fact that it's being "policed" over something so miniscule makes me question if I'll ever donate in the future. In fact, I'm done openly speaking on ;lnet. I'll privately communicate with those I need to speak with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    We're really policing and banning people on ;lnet now over the ;merchant thing?

The coolest thing about GS is ;go2 and ;lnet. The best thing about ;lnet is that you could say and talk about anything you want, with no repercussions. Since when do we take this so seriously? I mean come on, who gives a damn if someone sells something on ;merchant or ;lnet? Besides Rozy that is?

I've donated to Tillmen before because I loved Lich in GS. The fact that it's being "policed" over something so miniscule makes me question if I'll ever donate in the future. In fact, I'm done openly speaking on ;lnet. I'll privately communicate with those I need to speak with.
    I'd give you rep if I could. You can talk about anything mundane at all on there, from the sexually depraved to the generally depraved to what someone is eating for dinner - but advertising an item you're selling somehow crosses the line? Give me a break.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

I never found the selling annoying. It could have done with less of the "is aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, eee from the pc around" shit. I mean go fucking message them on the fucking pc.
    Aim: Rethx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nattor View Post
    I never found the selling annoying. It could have done with less of the "is aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, eee from the pc around" shit. I mean go fucking message them on the fucking pc.
    If only there were a thread where you could list your characters out so people wouldn't need to search for you via PC name...

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

I aint even mad bro.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nattor View Post
    Many times people don't provide character details and when you send them a message on the PC their log in light is off yet they are playing the game. Last night this happened to me. Ricer posted stuff for sale, showed offline here, but was in game so I could pick up an item.

In general, folks just need to be better about providing details on how to contact them. Maybe putting their character name in their sig like --Buckwheet on lnet.

Can we please get a "need a spellup" channel while we are bitching about this? I am tired of seeing the "paying Xk" or "need guards" or "who is casting X on FWI/WL". Stop cluttering my shit yo!
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 07-17-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    Can we please get a "need a spellup" channel while we are bitching about this? I am tired of seeing the "paying Xk" or "need guards" or "who is casting X on FWI/WL". Stop cluttering my shit yo!
    You fuckin Primers need to set things up like we have it in Shattered. No more spell requests or sales. Ever.

What's this all about now? I hardly ever have lnet chat on, what's happening exactly? Being people banned? For selling stuff?

8. Default

I'm confused. What's the argument for not separating merchant chat and general chat?
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I'm confused. What's the argument for not separating merchant chat and general chat?
    I'm also confused. What's the big deal either way?
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I like to be able to untune from the stupid bullshit on lnet from time to time when it's annoying and still be able to see if something I'm interested in is for sale.

Thus far the only argument I have seen is "but I DON'T WANNA!"